[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Essential Nu-Malecore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 517
Thread images: 70

File: twatmosaic.jpg (96KB, 615x615px) Image search: [Google]
twatmosaic.jpg
96KB, 615x615px
Essential Nu-Malecore
>>
File: header.jpg (5KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
5KB, 460x215px
>>
Jesus crist I hate those games
>>
Life is Strange
>>
>>383365183
I enjoyed first half of Firewatch.
>>
any Uncharted game
>>
I have 2/4

Firewatch is excellent, one of the best games I've played.
Her Story had a cool concept but otherwise meh.

The other two are in my wishlist, but I have no real drive to get either of them unless they're really cheap.
>>
I don't see why The Witness is there.
That's very much a video game.
>>
>>383365183
I've never even heard of these things. what the fuck is Er Stor?
>>
>>383365278
>games
>>
File: life is tumblr.png (194KB, 1134x250px) Image search: [Google]
life is tumblr.png
194KB, 1134x250px
>>383365183
Life is Tumblr
>>
>>383365183
You forgot Gone Home and Depression Quest. Don't know anything about Everybody's Gone, but other games are spot on.
>>
>>383365893
Her Story
>>
How are any of these pandering to the disengaged interests of men who no longer wish to be confined by their gender?
>>
The Witness is - like all Blow's games, combination of amazing ideas and sheer brilliance with some of the most obnoxious head-stuck-up-their-ass attitude I've ever seen.
It's irony that the only reason why Blow ends up being a hack is the pure fucking arrogance he suffers. If the fuck was even a little bit more humble, he would actually be the creative genious he now think he is.

Her Story was great. Small, cute, clever, and absolutely does not deserve the shit reputation it gets here.

Firewatch and Everybody's Gone to Rupture are shit and a massive waste of resources and talent. Seriously: they just FAIL as narrative videogames. They are just not actually good at the ONLY thing they set up to be.

If you really want to talk about "nu-male" as stupid as that term is, you should not actually take mechanical involvement into account, but political or ideological agency. Games like Dreamfall Chapters or ANYTHING by Tale-of-tales team.

>>383365893
Seriously? Never heart of Witness, Her Story, Firewatch, Everybody's Gone To Rupture? Or am I taking seriously a joke post?
>>
>>383365183
The Last of Us
>>
>>383365997
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is a "game" where you slowly walk around some town and clicking on thought bubbles.
>>
Overwatch. Prove me wrong
>>
>>383366159
Game literally based on pseudo-pixar artstyle about extreme over-the-top-violence, fuckton of basic audience pandering waifus, carefree completely cartoony world base on sci-fi-fairytale attitudes and extreme competetiveness.. yeah, no. You are an idiot.
>>
>>383366112
So essentially a trip to museum?
>>
>>383365967
E;R why are you shilling your awful videos, go back to making Korra videos you dumb cunt
>>
>>383366159

Numales don't like competition. That's why they're feminists.
>>
File: hate blow.png (34KB, 1060x765px) Image search: [Google]
hate blow.png
34KB, 1060x765px
>>383365183
lol
>>
Feminist
Action
Game
>>
>>383365183
Nu male is a non-word
>>
>>383366159
I'm forever grateful to overwatch for the many faps it has provided for me.
>>
>>383366471
I thought numale was about appearance?
>>
>>383365183
>tfw a friend of yours says to you that he bought 3 of those games during the last steam sales
Her story has a really nice concept behind it though, and it was executed quite well. I don't get why it is so hated.
>>
>>383366686
Nu male detected.
>>
>>383366789
Back to /mlp/, horsefucker.
>>
What's a nu-male? The definition of a nu-male keeps changing on /v/.
>>
>>383366770

>
Nu-males are men (with "men" being used as loosely as possible) lacking self-respect who are completely devoid of any masculinity and will jump at any moment to defend women online for feminist brownie points while falsely believing that in return, they'll receive sexual favors. They're a step above "Nice Guys" in terms of beta they are.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Nu-male
>>
File: 1470467457569.jpg (10KB, 236x255px) Image search: [Google]
1470467457569.jpg
10KB, 236x255px
>>383366868
Huh, I feel like I should be saying that to you
>>
>>383366894
Essentialy a total beta or omega even from what i've seen.
This time it's because they like "artsy" feminist walking simulators that are mediocre games at most.
>>
>>383366894
A non-existant being comprised of everything /v/ see's as "liberal" or "hipster" The Numale is a magical beings who have either hair loss or dyed hair, don't have 20/20 vision, and has facial hair. He also is a feminist, liberal muslim loving kike shill marxist the buildabeargroup man. You can also tell everything about his politics by simply looking at him.

It's a /v/ chimera strawman being.

>>383366917
So then why do you call people nu males based off of appearance, politics, or games?
>>
>>383367129
>that spacing
>defending nu-males
Go back to NeoGAF.
>>
>>383366471
Overwatch is a game for people who don't like competition.
>>
>>383367403
That makes no sense
>>
>>383366038
This is the best post in the whole thread. Very spot-on about Blow as a game designer desu.
>>
>>383367320
Not him, but he is clearly not defending nu-males. He is just pointing out that the phrase is poorly defined and poorly conceptualized. He is not defending anyone, he is just pointing out that you people don't actually understand the words you are using very well.
>>
File: 1485823012340.png (312KB, 523x368px) Image search: [Google]
1485823012340.png
312KB, 523x368px
>>383367129
>doesn't exist
>>
Firewatch looked nice, but I'm not sure it's a game so I didn't play it.

What was up with The Witness? I was gonna play it eventually. Thought it was a Myst kind of game.
>>
>>383365183
I think those "interactive stories" should be named accordingly and judged by different standards.
Of course, if you did that, 95% of those softwares would fall really, really flat on their faces, due their poor writing and lack of good immersion all around.
>>
>>383365183
Why does The Witness trigger pol so much? It's a great puzzle game that has literally nothing but puzzles. What the hell is there to be triggered about? Do you hate puzzles so much? Don't play puzzle games then.
>>
>>383367623
>those "interactive stories"
How is The Witness an interactive story? It literally doesn't have a story. Literally doesn't have a single character.
>>
>>383367129
Want a short definition? rich but unemployed, frequenter of starbucks, owner of a macbook, enrolled on some shitty college course.
>>
>>383367664
>that has literally nothing but puzzles
That's wrong, but I don't get it either, the "story" content is obnoxious and in most cases non-relevant to the puzzle aspect, except for few cases which are only required if you're aiming for 100% the game for some reason
>>
>>383366038
>Her Story was great. Small, cute, clever, and absolutely does not deserve the shit reputation it gets here.
Yeah, but there's a girl in it, so MUH ESS JAY DUBYAS LIBTARD KEK JUST STEPHEN COLBERT
>>
>>383365952
The Witness is a game.
>>
>>383365183
I had a roommate who wrote for a super cringy """video game website""" and he was fucking awful at every game I saw him play.

Me and my bro roommate used to play Nba2k17 all the time and the numale roommate always talked shit. So one day he actually played it and holy fuck did he suck. He was bad at Battlefield 1, Mario Kart, Smash, and all those party games.

And watching him try to play DS3 was an absolute treat. He would bitch about the controls and how every enemy was "op", going full Arin about """muh game design"""

All of those "art" games are excuses for people who are shit at vidya to "belong" even though they just alienate other gamers.
>>
>>383366686
Non-word is not a word
>>
>>383366894
It means "strawman I created to represent all people I don't like or I disagree with."
>>
>>383367550
>Really advances the medium
>>
File: 1336454457772.png (13KB, 160x182px) Image search: [Google]
1336454457772.png
13KB, 160x182px
>>383367595
The Witness is a great puzzle game, with great environments and brilliant kdeas that suffers from being needlessly obtuse at times. It's also pretty comfy.

7.5/10 IMO
>>383367664
I don't even know why they hate Blow. Dude literally shat on modern libs on Twitter after the elections. It's probably just because he criticized the way Japs do tutorials.
>>
>>383366038
>Small, cute, clever
Come on now, the format of the game is interesting, but the "twist" was so bad I honestly expected a second twist that untwisted the first one.
>>
>>383367129
Californian here, it's not a strawman, it's 80% of the population of San Francisco.
>>
>>383367809
>the "story" content is obnoxious
There isn't any though. I went through the whole game and there's no story in it. There are some "meaningful" quotes thrown in here and there and some statues standing around. That's not a story, that's nothing.
>>
>>383365183
her story is actually pretty good though
>>
>>383365858
>one of the best games I've played.
>games
Anon...
>>
>>383368058
I guarantee you when 95% of this board hears the title "Her Story" they assume it's about how all men are rapists.
>>
>>383367758
traditional narrative plebs on suicide watch
>>
>>383365183
I see what you did OP you packed an actual video games with the walking simulators to expose all the retards that will shit on all of the games and thus revceal that they shit over things they know nothing about because the board demands that they do
Clever ploy
>>
Her Story hate is at least justified by the fact that it got way too many "best narrative awards". It's pretty good, but not as good as some people pretend it is.

The Witness hate is based on nothing but that one time where Blow said Nintendo games are shit.
>>
>>383368185
There isn't an nontraditional narrative either. There's no narrative. XCOM has more narrative than The Witness.
>>
File: 1454353258421.jpg (273KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1454353258421.jpg
273KB, 1080x1920px
T H I C C
H I C C T
I C C T H
C C T H I
C T H I C
>>
>>383365183
Firewatch was dope (because of the nice artstyle, story was stupid)
haven't played the other 3, but gf begged me to play everybodys gone or whatever)
>>
>>383367595
>Firewatch looked nice, but I'm not sure it's a game so I didn't play it.
It's a game. Just not very fun one.
It's also a story. Just not a very good one.

The only thing remarkable about Firewatch is the great art direction and somewhat above-the-average voiceacting and dialogue direction. But even those are not exceptional, just above average.

>What was up with The Witness?
At surface it's an interesting exploration of possibilities of what can be do with a very simple puzzle core. If you don't mind solving increasingly crazy variations of the same line-solving puzzle, you can have fun with it for a while, and it does help that the game has very open design and gorgeous environments.

But if you do get really into it, you'll start to see that the game is aiming for some form of profound message (replacing more traditional narrative threat) and it's there where things start to kind fall apart. While it still works on basic level, as you go forward you'll start to realize the game is actually sacrificing a LOT in order to give a player condescending lesson about how great Blow is, and if you got that far, you might find it ultimately really rather infuriating.

If you just don't care and want to see comfy settings with hundreds of variations on the same puzzle - some really interesting and some really awful, you can give it a try.

>>383367664
I don't think Blow triggers /pol/. I think he triggers insecure kids of /v/, who then just use /pol/-like arguments to whine about him because they don't have anything else they could use against him.

Which is sad because there is quite a lot to fucking complain about when it comes to Blow. The guy is an asshole and it fucking ruins his actual fucking games. Both Witness and Braid were hugely negatively influenced by how stuck up his own ass he is. As somebody who just likes games, I find that infuriating.
>>
People listing Life Is Strange should seriously play it before judging it. It's a lot better than it's blue haired poster girl would have you believe.

Also that gun control meme is wrong. Maybe she didn't say that line about men controlling guns in my playthrough so I can't be too sure about that but she doesn't shoot herself in the foot due to poor trigger discipline as the edited clip suggests she did. She gets hit by a ricochet firing her gun at an area chosen by you (Max) the player.
>>
File: beginnersguide[1].jpg (45KB, 460x300px) Image search: [Google]
beginnersguide[1].jpg
45KB, 460x300px
how many layers of irony are you on
>>
>>383368217
>Her Story hate is at least justified by the fact that it got way too many "best narrative awards". It's pretty good, but not as good as some people pretend it is.
That ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT justify hatred towards the game. Fuck people who justify hate for something because of something completely unrelated and auxiliary.

"It's OK to hate a good and kind guy just because he has been given more praise by media than reasonable. Despite him still being humble and kind: because media decided to report about him without his actual input way too much: that makes it OK to call that guy an asshole!"

No, fuck you. It's justified to hate on the fucking morons showering the game with awards, but not the game itself. And if you think it is justifiable, fuck you, you are part of the problem.
>>
>>383368441
>Both Witness and Braid were hugely negatively influenced by how stuck up his own ass he is
Sure, but ultimately both are good indie games that are worth playing.
>>
>>383368490
I have played it. It's tumblr garbage.
>>
>>383368609
This is unironically the best narrative indie game ever made. And don't give me Stanley Parable, it had a cute mechanics, but that's all it was, cute. This one has something to say about games and critics.
>>
Why is /v/ still so closed minded?
>>
File: 1465778522124.jpg (237KB, 500x511px) Image search: [Google]
1465778522124.jpg
237KB, 500x511px
>Enjoying Firewatch
>The last 5 minutes

I've never seen such an asspull ending since Mass Effect 3. It's incredible how they took such a simple premise and pissed all over the last 4 hours in the last 5 minutes.
>>
>>383368618
>Sure, but ultimately both are good indie games that are worth playing.
I'd say they are interesting but I'm not sure I'd say they actually are good. In the end I left both extremely annoyed and in a foul mood. I don't think that is a good sign: if a game leaves you ultimately with mood more faul than you had before you jumped into it, and the game is not made by Icepick Lodge or Team Silent, I think it's a sign that the game is not actually good. It kinda fails to fulfill it's function.

And the realization that the games left me bitter and annoyed not because the author did not have the tools and ideas to make a satisfying game, but purely because he lacked the self-restraint not to wank all over the player in the end makes it worse, not better.
>>
>>383368615
If me expressing an opinion justified you saying "fuck you" to me 3 times, than surely a game getting higher scores than it deserves justifies shitting on it a bit.
>>
>>383368798
Not sure why Witness would put you in a bad mood. It's comfy game. The only annoying part is the real world ending, but that like 5 minutes of the game.
>>
>>383368674
All the way through? Not just Ep 1?
>>
File: 80 hours in mspaint.png (385KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
80 hours in mspaint.png
385KB, 500x500px
>game about literally nothing but puzzles
>SO PRETENTIOUS
>>
>>383368897
>I couldn't solve the puzzle!!
>dear 4chan, le pretentious man is bullying me again!
>>
>>383368821
is there some kind of universal balance that needs to be restored or something?
pretty retarded logic you've got desu
>>
>>383368490
I got about halfway through Episode 1. The dialog is absolute fucking garbage. Completely irredeemable shit. It sounds like it was written by a bunch of middle aged French men who got all of their knowledge of American culture by watching too many episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer; and it sounds like that because that's exactly what fucking happened.
>>
>>383369026
I expect you to be consistent with your arguments, yes. Sue me
>>
>>383366497
go to sleep, jonathan
>>
>>383365183

>no life is strange

this list is hella wrong
>>
File: 1476685241596.png (832KB, 925x842px) Image search: [Google]
1476685241596.png
832KB, 925x842px
>tfw have no problem with these games
>tfw you outgrew /v/
>>
>>383368821
No, it really, really does not.
You can judge me for saying FUCK YOU, but you should never judge me because somebody completely unrelated to me said "that anon is always right" too many times. I have agency for how I speak, and therefor you can justify judging me based on how much I rely on "fuck you's".
You can't judge me opinion on that though. The fuck you's and the actual argument are already two completely unrelated things and should not be judged as part of the same thing.

The game itself had no agency over getting those prizes. Those do not reflect or influence the game itself. They are arbitrary bestowed on the game by completely different people.
If you can't actually reflect that - then you are a cunt. Seriously. You are a person who actually justifies being completely irrational and making judgements not in any way based on reason or the actual external reality.

You are JUSTIFYING people making judgements based on stupidity or insecurity. People taking their FLAW and turning it into the base of THEIR JUDGEMENT. And you are literally excusing that. So actually, I think think those "FUCK YOU"'s are entirely justified in this context.
>>
Does Stanley Parable count, or does it not take itself seriously enough?
>>
>>383366497
Hi Johnathan, nice butthurt meme image. You're still a gigantic faggot who should walk into traffic at the first available opportunity.
>>
File: 1489912348789.gif (3MB, 390x215px) Image search: [Google]
1489912348789.gif
3MB, 390x215px
>>383369175
>wishing death on people for making games you don't like
>>
>>383368890
Those 5 minutes can actually sour the whole experience very quickly, just like Braid's epilogue did sour what was actually otherwise a really enjoyable experience.

There is an entire complicated set of reasons why The Witness left me really pissed off. If you watch the Anderson's video on Witness, he actually pretty much captures my opinions to a letter (it was pretty amazing to discover that damn video and find out that somebody nailed my impressions so damn precisely): except he is much better at explaining and much more kind to the game than I would be.
>>
>>383369347
link?
>>
>>383369053
you should continue. It really turns into something quite good by the end of Ep 3.

As for you saying that happened said scene is in Ep 2 (the shooting) so really it's obvious you're not being truthful. Specifically it's a cars fender that causes the ricochet.
>>
>>383368895
Yes. I've played the entire game since I got it for free. It is shit. Terrible graphics. Terrible hipster music. Terrible dialogue. Terrible gameplay. Didn't like any of the characters. Utter trash.
>>
I don't enjoy puzzle games, so the witness is a shit game :(((
>>
>>383369375
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZokQov_aH0
>>
>>383369118
You're still here though.
You didn't outgrow /v/
>>
>>383368129
I assume it's a movie and not a game.
>>
>>383369587
Well you'd still be wrong.
>>
>>383369587
This. It even looks like liveaction shit
>>
>>383369483
That's some pretty awful taste you've got there.
I thought Chloe would be more annoying than /v/ made her out to be but I guess they've forgotten what friendship is like because it's not perfect and Chloe very much reminds me of the sort of friend you have that you can't help but like in spite of all their flaws.
>>
>>383368025
I'm sorry, "plot". There are still some things about the island
>>
I tried playing Her Story cause it seemed interesting. Most visual novels are better games than that
>>
>>383369232
we are on /v/ after all
>>
File: 1456196102569.png (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1456196102569.png
26KB, 640x480px
>>383369118
Good for you, now fuck off and don't come back.

>>383369232
>>still using teh fedora maymay long after it has become stale and trite
Pic related, you nigger faggot.
>>
>>383369062
But there isn't a balance.
So you're just going to shit all over something you've enjoyed because someone made too much of a big deal about it? This idea that something must have a certain level of praise or else comes across as very insecure.
>>
>>383369347
>just like Braid's epilogue did sour what was actually otherwise a really enjoyable experience
The one where you go backwards? It just made me say "huh". Just a "huh"-worthy ending, it didn't really change anything about the game. Unless you mean nuclear bomb.
>>
File: CmyXY4jWcAAt9J5[1].jpg (171KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
CmyXY4jWcAAt9J5[1].jpg
171KB, 1200x900px
>>383366894
>What's a nu-male?
>>
>>383369715
It sounds like you've never had a single decent friend desu
>>
>>383365183
The Witness is pretentious but it has gameplay
>>
>>383367320
>>that spacing
People were writing with double newlines between paragraphs before you were born. Where did this "reddit spacing" come from, anyway? It's only appeared a few months ago.
>>
>>383368716
Can someone spoil me?
Was interested in the game, but after seeing it was just a talking simulator, i lost interest.
>>
>>383370258
This. Chage witness to "To the Moon" to create a perfect bait image.
>>
>>383366038
You don't deserve to be here buddy
>>
>>383369347
I found his video confusing. He kept talking about how the game is deeper than your average puzzle game and that he took ages on some of the puzzles and got really frustrated with it's meaning or something?
Just came off as someone salty that they found the game hard and had to consult a guide.
>>
>>383369752
>Most visual novels are better games than that
No, they really aren't. Or at least, they are much less "games" than Her Story is, as they actually require much less player involvement.

>>383369953
>The one where you go backwards?
Nah, that was actually absolutely fantastic. That was the part of the game where I went "holy shit this is cool as fuck, this is actually really clever and (at the time I was unfamiliar with games like The Void or Pathologic) probably the best case of "narrative through mechanics notion I've ever seen."

It's what follows. The "going backwards" is actually the first/last chapter of the game.
The epilogue is the part where you are thrown into another boring level with tons of books that basically exist to tell you "haha, you thought you had the story all figured out, but NO: there is much more to it, you are an idiot and did not get it yet, marvel at the multiple levels of depth I've made here!".
Except I did marvel and did examine it and found out that actually, everything the prologue is telling you is shit. Terrible, shallow ideas presented in an incredibly convoluted fashion in order to make them seem clever, while in reality it's vapid as fuck.

Braid had an actually great idea. But he immediately has to ruin it because player eventually figuring it out does not make his "I'm so clever" stiffy big enough. So he has to add false bottoms to his games that are universally terrible, and delude player into thinking "well there must be more to this!", ultimately wasting his time.

And I do find that incredibly annoying.
>>
>>383370137
maybe...
>>
>>383370516
I've never had a perfect friend.
>>
>>383370448
Did we watch the same bloody video? He mentions that some of the puzzles are obnoxious (and he is right about that) very early on, but the rest of the video is very detailed analysis of how the game communicates it's goals, themes and messages.

>Just came off as someone salty that they found the game hard and had to consult a guide.
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>383370516
>>383370579
Didn't say perfect. I said decent.
>>
>>383365183
>No gone home
>>
>>383365789
Once you couldn't be with the bitch on the radio I got mad and realized it was a game for nu males. What's wrong with an old fashioned love story about two people that clearly liked eachother meeting after a long distance relationship?
>>
>>383370674
>has long distance relationship
>calls others numales
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>383365858
>one of the best games
>when it ends like this
man i was hyped af for this game, i thought it was gonna be a full length game with tons of drama and spooky mystery solving and choices matter and etc, instead it's just a fucking 2 hour game with some neat dialogue and that's it
>>
>>383366894
>all those strawman replies
You'd be amazed how easily people fall into cliches. It's absolutely a thing and the definition of the person (not whatever this is with games) is pretty solid. It just falls apart at whatever they consume because things shouldn't be defined by who does and does not like them like that. Pretty much everyone you hate has been into something you've liked. You start doing that and you'll end up liking nothing.
>>
File: 1495087372573.png (242KB, 580x282px) Image search: [Google]
1495087372573.png
242KB, 580x282px
>>383370884
forgot picturoo
>>
>>383370497
Searching tags is hardly player involvement. At least a visual novel presents choices.
>>
>>383365183
you forgot gone home...
>>
Can I get a rundown on Firewatch's plot?
>>
>>383368685
>uhh if you criticize my games there's something wrong with you and you're seeking personal validation through meaningless overexplanation of my great ideas
The author literally doesn't know how criticism works or why the union of the creator and the analyst is vital for art. Typical for the postmodern world.
>>
File: IMG_1918.jpg (81KB, 784x412px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1918.jpg
81KB, 784x412px
>>383370718
It wasn't actually gonna be a long distance relationship tho u frail lady boi. She was like 200 ft from you. You were supposed to have this relationship built up with her then repaint her walls. But your character finds out she's a slut, she leads u on, then leaves u for some beaner in Spain or some shit and tells u she can't be with you, and your character just takes it. It's a game for people that love to be friend zoned. I'm not paying 15 dollars to get friendZoned by some bitch
>>
>>383370884
>man i was hyped af for this game,
The really, really sad part is that WE HAVE A MECHANICAL PRECEDENCE for a game like Firewatch that was amazing and never got a follow-up and formally fits the theme and environment perfectly.

All they had to do is take a look at Miasmata. Note how the level design, movement and charting mechanics work. And fucking use that, while keeping the story the same.
It would be an amazing fucking game.

It's right there: fucking Miasmata, people. You want to make a walk-sim game? PLAY MIASMATA. It has actually transformed literal walking simulation into a game with fun gameplay. Why the FUCK is nobody taking the lesson?

>>383370991
Figuring out which tag is going to be relevant, and keeping track of time-lines, details and drawing conclusions is more actual player involvement than absolute majority of modern games offer.
Searching the tag is the CONCLUSION of the actual player activity. The actual player involvement does not happen on the screen, but that does not mean it does not happen.
>>
>>383371102
I'm gonna add onto this thought, all friendzoning aside, firewatch would have been cool if it wasn't just about some spooky alien abduction or conspiracy shit and not about nu males loving girls that use them and don't want them
>>
>>383370601
That's the thing though. He goes into great depth detailing this game and then just says it's bad,or rather something that's intriguing that you shouldn't play which leads me to believe his initial frustration is informing his overall opinion about the game and that there is actually something quite worthwhile to be found in playing it. He hardly convinced me that it's a game that shouldn't be played at least or that it wouldn't be worthy of my time though I've yet to play it. I imagine it'll be free on PSN if it hasn't been already.
>>
>>383371272
Was*
>>
>>383371102
>falls for long distance sluts
>even virtual sluts
>feels emotionally attacked for being put in the friend zone
>in a goddamn videogame
Holy shit how insecure do you have to be
>>
>>383370650
Is your idea of a decent friend though one that has no flaws? That's not really a person that exists.
>>
>>383371359
Know how I know you're a virgin?
>>
>>383371359
We'll excuse me for expecting the game to be about some government conspiracy or something. They keep alluding to this event that's bigger than you and then it ends up being some retarded shit about some bad father and you getting friend zoned. The game could have been a cool ass mystery story with actual horror or thriller elements and instead it's just "le damaged women who uses you for a summer" game. I can't believe ur actually trying to defend this shit
>>
>>383371050
>Can I get a rundown on Firewatch's plot?
An ordinary guy goes through traumatic experience as he watches his wife succumb to premature dementia, making her act unstable and/or start forgetting him, forcing him to focus entirely on taking care of her.
Unable to bear with it anymore, he runs away from his problems, taking a super-lonely and isolated job as a member of the Firewatch, literally watching the mountains for signs of fire all summer.
He kinda befriends a women from a different tower he talks to over the radio. They develop a weird relationship that is tailored over player dialogue choices.

Then weird shit starts to happen. Two dumb bitches nearly set the forest on fire: when the player kicks them out, somebody starts to sabotaging him.
But it turns out that it's not the girls: player finds their stuff fucked up and the two girls later dissapear. Someone trashes players tower. Cuts down communication cables. Leaves messages proving that he is privy to his conversations with the girl from a different tower.
Shit gets weirder and weirder, eventually player even discoveres a weird secret lab with high-tech equipment set in the mountains, seeming to be spying on him.
Everything suggests some kind of Twin Peaks or X-files style mystery going on.

But then it's revealed that a previous firewatch guy was doing all of it for completely illogical reasons and completely non-sensical way because he snuck his son there last year and his son died and that made him go crazy or something. Also the girls that disappeared were fine, just cunts, and the lab was just a red herrink and everything was just a red herrink and also you should not run away from your problems, lesson explicitly spelled out, THE END.
>>
File: 1396270147483.png (135KB, 1003x717px) Image search: [Google]
1396270147483.png
135KB, 1003x717px
>>383365858
>Firewatch is excellent, one of the best games I've played.

PLAY MORE GAMES YOU FILTHY SUBHUMAN
>>
>>383371606
Sounds like it missed a lot of opportunities to be a real game and not a loldeep walkfest.
I'd love a first person x-files game where you'd try to uncover some weird shit.
>>
>>383371302
I'm going to ask again: what the fuck is wrong with you? Is actually understanding basic human motivations and reasoning AFTER they have literally been spelled out for you in an eloquent way impossible for you?

He explains literally what is his issue. He explains how he finds the game having great potential, but not doing anything meaningful with it. How it teaches lessons to the player, but fails to give him anything that the lessons would be eventually used for. He hates how the game has no respect for player's time, how it forces him to jump through obnoxious hoops by promise of meaningful reward than says "nope, nothing here, because It's all about the interpretation!"
How it's cheap and insincere with the player. How it presents a completely trivial message through needlessly complicated and often just spiteful means.
What did you not get about that

Why the fuck are you even speculating about the guys ulterior fucking motives when he literally spells his own fucking reasoning to you? Why the fuck you make completely ungrounded theories about "what kind of guy he is" when you clearly did not manage to even follow his actual explicit reasoning?
Are fucking sane?
>>
>>383371606
that last paragraph made me angry in a True Detective season 1 kind of way
>>
>>383371750
They literally missed every single possible opportunity to make something great out of it. From absolutely failing to make it mechanically interesting despite there actually already being models they could draw inspiration from, viz >>383371158 to actually making a story that would ultimately not make the player want to punch someone for it's mixture of fucking smugness, try-harding and lack of meaningful substance.
>>
File: 1492546686013.png (97KB, 598x691px) Image search: [Google]
1492546686013.png
97KB, 598x691px
>>
>>383371952
I intentionally never watched the last episode of True Detectives, and so I think it's a fantastic show.

Sadly you can't do the same wit Firewatch, because actually the game is infurietingly bad on other levels than just the story: the writing is frequently cringeworthy (it has some very strong moments, but A LOT of that annoying american snarky bullshit that plagues american teenage dramas in particular) and more importantly, the actual action of exploring the environments and hiking, that makes up the bulk of he gameplay, is BORING AS FUCKING SIN.
>>
>>383372007
that's p cringe tbq.h.senpai
>>
>>383372007
>queers
>asking for inches
>>
>>383372007
Was the game even slightly interesting?
>>
>>383372163
no
>>
>>383371991
Guess I won't even pirate that shit then.
I still haven't played any walking simulators. Are there any good ones?
>>
File: 1496899225720.jpg (47KB, 603x339px) Image search: [Google]
1496899225720.jpg
47KB, 603x339px
>>383365858
>Firewatch is excellent
>>
File: 1492546007027.jpg (61KB, 633x647px) Image search: [Google]
1492546007027.jpg
61KB, 633x647px
>>383372007
SUPPORT OUT PATREON TOO BIGOTS, IT'S ON THE GAME'S STEAM PAGE GO GO GO
>>
>>383367403
No, overwatch is a game for casuals who like competition.
>>
>>383371550
I'm not defending the shitty game. I just wanted a rundown on the game's plot but noone was answering, so I figured out attacking people not liking the plot would eventually make them describe it just to prove me wrong. Thanks tho
>>
>>383371102
>expecting the guy to be with her after learning that she is a slut

U cuck
>>
>>383371826
Well I kept wondering what his issue was besides difficulty. He explains this game and I'm wondering "wait, you hate this again,don't you?".
He himself says that his criticism is something of a parody in that he thinks you should and should not play it.
Idk I kept thinking I want to play this game throughout his review, even at the pretentious parts that waste your time. It looks like a truly unique experience.

btw I'm also wondering whether he'd have had the same opinion now if he weren't very aware of who specifically created it. In the same way people will give something a pass because it's been touched by the hand of Kojima maybe this game is being given a lot harder time because of it's arrogant creator.

I know he expresses his opinions very intelligently but I'm not just going to accept them at face value. You can continue to make out I'm a nutter but it won't do you much good.

btw there's always something to read between the lines in reviews such as this.
>>
>>383365858
Firewatch is actually pretty good.. until the fucking ending. I don't even remember the last time I was this frustrated with an ending.
>game sets with you up with funny waifu
>getting closer and closer to meeting her
>"lol fuck u nerd"
>>
>>383372530
not parody, paradox
>>
>>383366038
Agree with witness. The game preached of "sleep on it" concept. Like, if you don't get it first time, don't get help, wait and solution will come to you.

But yeah, the way "story" is presented is way to much posh.
>>
>>383372007
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1338995
>>
>>383365183
>>383365254
Video games are our hobby now sweetie. It's year 2017 :^)
>>
>>383367129
Fucking numale spotted.
>>383366894
Numale is a very unmanly guy, that often bashes things guys like, like sexy chicks, sports, competitiveness, etc, they have no backbone when it comes to women, act often in very passive aggressive ways like women and often dresses like a huge faggot.
Don't listen to the other butthurt fags giving you bullshit answers because the term hurts their feelings, it has a very set definition and is not predicated on being liberal although almost always given that very left guys tend to represent these attributes.
>>
File: conspiracy.jpg (599KB, 1119x2087px) Image search: [Google]
conspiracy.jpg
599KB, 1119x2087px
>>
File: 1364049854433.jpg (24KB, 396x360px) Image search: [Google]
1364049854433.jpg
24KB, 396x360px
>>
We really need to put out conceive list of these nu-male games.
People will save a lot of bandwidth and time.
>>
>>383372674
I hate the fact Big Bang Theory and other geek garbage convinced degenerates and public whores that playing video games was a nice hobby
Just leave us alone
>>
No Man's Sky how has this not been listed yet
>>
>>383372717
nu males are the rightist and leftist faggots who get triggered by videoGAMES :.)
>>
>>383372007
>we don't want your money
>that will show them
>>
>>383368609
The twist was nice.
>>
>>383372812
Shovelware Knight
Fez
Gone Home
MGSV
Undertale
Rocket League
Life is Strange
Crypt of the NecroDancer
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
The Witness
Firewatch
Dragon Age: Inquisition
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
>>
>>383372221
Euclidean is pretty to look at, and a few others with trippy visual that are just pleasent to explore.
Stanley Parable is pretty funny and worth getting for like $5 or less
>>
>>383372007
>>383372345
Now this is Irony.
>>
>>383372831
See now you are just making shit up, that person wanted to know what it meant and your butthurt ass is just lying to him trying to destroy the meaning of words.
>>
>>383372756
You do realize that there is a ton of evidence of general population (women and men) of 18th, 16th or even 12th centuries being as dumb and whorish as it is today?
>>
>>383372007
I'm not really a fan of either liberal people chimping out or conservatives chimping out, but how is >>383372007 considered aa good idea to post on your official social media account? Like, how do you think that alienating roughly half of your potential user base is in any way a good idea?
Look at all those big companies doing pr sstunts and virtue signalling. Sure, they ban "bigots" and "racists" which in turn earns them a bit of a backlash, but when they go into politics of any kind, they always go for the positive value - "we support this", "we identify with this", not "fuck thos people, don't play our games". How the fuck do these indie developers don't understand basics of public relations?
>>
File: pathologic_02.jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pathologic_02.jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
>>383372221
>I still haven't played any walking simulators. Are there any good ones?
In the "pure" walking sims I think Dear Esther is reasonable, though not great, and Stanley Parable is actually quite a lot of fun if you don't take the game or yourself too seriously. I did play both back when they were free mods though: at the time they looked like a neat experiments and I kinda judged them as such.

In reality, if you want actually really good "walking simulators", you have to look into the games that are not strictly speaking walk-sims in the same way as Dear Esther or Gone Home are.

You can look into Miasmata that I do keep banging on about. The story is actually not great, but it's a fantastic game ABOUT WALKING. Or more specific, about terrain traversal, topolography, map-making, orientation and exploration. Story is weak and the game - being two amateur indie developer-made game has very rough edges, but damn if if just exploring places by walking to them is something that sounds appealing to you, THIS is the game to play. Because the actually managed to make it tense and rewarding mechanically.

The other option are Icepick Lodge games, Pathologic in particular. TECHNICALLY it's much more of a first-person survival action adventure game though: with basic combat, stat-management, economy, stealth and even limited crafting elements.
Those are all rather superficial though: majority of the game is about moving the story forward by walking from place to place and talking to people.
It's also easily the best piece of videogame narrative I've ever seen in my life. It's old and clunky and slow as fuck tough, and also pretty hard.

That is all I can really recommend to you, I'm afraid. Everything else: Machine for Pigs, Rapture, Gone Home, Lifeless Planet etc... all trash.
>>
>>383372980
>Stanley Parable is pretty funny and worth getting for like $5 or less
I found the original mod a better, more focused experience. The standalone is just retreading the same ground and mostly just adding useless sidetracks, though there were some things I really liked about it.
>>
>>383373116
Whoever tweeted that is literally autistic, he can't understand that somebody might have a different stance on politics.
>>
>>383373096
not like today
they didn't pretend they were good people, they knew they were worthless whores and satanic worshipers
Today they pretend they are better than others
>>
>>383373213
He's a faggot. Faggots' brains are fried by sexual degeneracy. Never take what a gay man says seriously.
>>
>>383373096
you do realize that women who got impregnated by men who didnt care about them would fucking die back then instead of having money thrown at them by taxpayers right?
>>
>>383372461
No worries anon, I just wanted to rant about people being friend zoned and was semi shit posting while staying on topic. I went into the game with such high expectations and genuinely thought it was about some x files type shit, then it just lets you down with some 2deep4u garbage.
>>
>>383373385
or having a fried brain causes them to become faggots

speed addicts tend to do gay shit , and fags are always bipolar
>>
>>383373118
>In the "pure" walking sims I think Dear Esther is reasonable

Fucking lol. MatthewMatosis destroyed it years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST25ur3JSMU
>>
>>383372530
>Well I kept wondering what his issue was besides difficulty.
HE LITERALLY SPELLS IT OUT FOR YOU?!
Again. What. Is. Wrong. With you. Do you not understand english?
He does not fucking complain about the difficulty as part of the bulk of his main problem. Yes, he points out that some of the puzzles are weak: confusing, poorly tutorialized, especially early in the game it conditions you to look for some kind of solution but silently expects a completely different approach which is not a great design. He even fucking flat out states that his was not really that much of a problem for him, but he still can see how this has bothered other people.

But this is completely inconsequential to his main argument. HE CLEARLY SPELLS IT OUT. He hates how the game claims that "it respects the player", then gives him a false ending with massive indication that there is "more to discover", then lets you go through puzzles that are intentionally annoying (not hard to figure out, ANNOYING like the fucking hour-and-a-half long moving your fucking mouse very slowly endurance test", all of these being hoops necessary to unlock the "true ending", only to literally tell you: "hahaha, there is nothing here, you wasted your fucking time, but aren't I great for realizing how perspective is important!"

Jesus. Fuck me. He could not be more clear on this.

It seems to me that you literally watched the first five minutes in which he briefly voices concern over few puzzle design, then completely stopped watching and just went on explaining to yourself how the guy is dumb and should git gud.
>>
>>383373251
Are you fucking serious? Every second classic book features a cast of villains who sincerely believe they are the best, most virtuous human beings possible while indulging in a plethora of bullshit.
>>383373397
How does that correlate with women and men being as degenerate as ever? Yes, the government is likely to pass humanitarian laws in a democratic environment, congrats, Einstein, you figured it out.
>>
>>383373603
>How does that correlate with women and men being as degenerate as ever?

hmm i dunno maybe when you throw money at stupid people for doing stupid things they tend to do them more than when it fucking kills them and doesnt get them money

fucking dumbass libcuck
>>
>>383370068
So, someone who likes video games enough to make them?
>>
File: 1499053475754.jpg (338KB, 1000x1173px) Image search: [Google]
1499053475754.jpg
338KB, 1000x1173px
Prove that you are not a nu-male
>>
>>383365183
>>
>>383373476
While I do agree that Journey is much more impressive game than Dear Esther, but the rest of the argument against the game is based on "this one is better than the other" (which is true but it's not the same as saying one is bad and one is good), and based around the argument of "I wanted X and this game did not give me X, so that makes it bad".

It's a fine video, but not sufficiently convincing to have universal weight.
>>
>>383373927
name?
>>
>>383373927
>otakus
>not nu-males

definition of nu-male
>>
>>383365183
The Witness doesnt belong there you brainless retard.
>>
>>383372573
pretty much, great game ruined by the last 10 minutes
>>
>>383373927
I don't like videogames
>>
I don't recognize any of those movies
>>
>>383373927
I actually like masturbating to pussy.
>>
>>383373927
I'm girl fetishist.
>>
File: 1491843721795.gif (726KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1491843721795.gif
726KB, 300x168px
>>383372973
That's just a list of popular modern games.
>>
>>383374349
And he is right on all of them.
Funny how that works out.
>>
>>383366497
>criticized one aspect of jap game design one time
He said that nearly all modern Japanese games suck dick because they constantly hold your hand which is an utterly asinine fallacious statement, especially when compared to western games.
>>
>>383366497
i don't feel stupid when i read the great masterpieces of litterature because i understand them. i don't feel stupid either when i listen to blow's obscure quotes in the witness because i know there's nothing to understand. he's just a nerd with gameplay ideas who farts a little too high
>>
File: 1497550326414.png (52KB, 200x185px) Image search: [Google]
1497550326414.png
52KB, 200x185px
>>383366497
>you
>successful
go to bed jonas
>>
>>383372827
because there's nothing nu-male about it except the devs.
>>
>>383372756
Cherry-picking.jpg
>>
>>383365183
>even comparing Firewatch and The Witness

You didn't player either of them, did you?
>>
>>383365183
The Witness is terriffic.

Firewatch is cool, but ultimately rather limited.

I've got Her Story installed but haven't played it yet.

That last one I've never really bothered to know anything about. The title alone is sort of annoying.
>>
>>383374432
No he isn't, there's nothing wrong with Binding, Shovel Knight, Rocket League and NecroDancer except them being indie.
>>
File: 1447350241330.jpg (10KB, 255x200px) Image search: [Google]
1447350241330.jpg
10KB, 255x200px
>>383371676
that pic
>>
>>383373397
you are pretty fucking retarded my dude
>>
>>383372973
Why not put VVVVVV, Legend of Grimrock, Monument Valley, and HuniePop in there as well to round out your comepletely directionless collection?
>>
>>383373476
>some eCeleb had an opinion years ago and that's all there is to be said about that!

WelcomeToDie.jpg
>>
>>383375380
>n-no it isnt true, leftism doesnt let the stupid and weak prosper at the expense of the strong at all!

lol kill yourself
>>
>>383375538
>defending Dear Esther
My anon can't possibly be this retarded
>>
File: 1497349000935.png (624KB, 999x749px) Image search: [Google]
1497349000935.png
624KB, 999x749px
>all these blatantly Reddit-spaced posts defending numales ITT
>>
>>383375730
Any government ever existed to help the weak prosper.

The difference is whether the government trusts the strong with helping on their own, or forces them to.

Nothing ever happens at "the expense of the strong." Strong is a subjective definition related to the society at hand. The strong in a leftist democracy are the ruling elite that manage to stay popular with the masses, and the company owners that manage to utilize the law in a way that means they never have to pay taxes.
>>
>>383373927
>jerks off to cartoons
>considers himself masculine

lol
>>
>>383375935
He is not defending the game, he is just pointing out that an e-celebs opinion is not a definitive proof or argument for anything ever. You should learn the fucking difference. He is right and he would be right to post that even if he happened to 100% agree with Mathew on this particular thing.

Jesus you people are immature morons.
>>
>>383372973
Haha! Well said fellow /v/ goer! I too dislike video games!
>>
>>383375935
>defending

There's that word you don't know the meaning of.
>>
>>383365183
I wish that every SJW cuck playing those shit "games" would be shot in the back of their heads.
>>
>>383376049
>Nothing ever happens at "the expense of the strong."
>what are taxes

ok buddy sure, keep becoming more and more "progressive" and shaming people for not "getting with the times" to no end until we end up in a fucking communist dystopia and get overrun by muslims because we're alll starving and not having kids

you're just a fucking retard who cant look at the bigger picture
>>
>>383366038
>small, cute, clever
Kill yourself, cuck.
>>
>>383376060
>jerks off at all
>considers himself masculine

Top cuck
>>
>>383376216
I don't agree with that assessment.

Next you will be telling me that you are "strong" right?
>>
>>383376216
>what are taxes
How old are you? Seriously: how fucking old are you?
>>
>>383374318
>>383374272
disgusting
>>
File: IMG_2215.jpg (104KB, 700x891px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2215.jpg
104KB, 700x891px
>>383367129
Nu-male spotted. KYS
>>
>>383373601
The more you talk of it being spelled out for me the more you are actually asking me just to accept his opinions blindly because he put some thought into what he was going to say but whatever.

Just because you can't read between the lines doesn't mean you should be angry that I can. The game wastes time so let's mimic that by creating some long-ass video?

I think he's doing a great disservice to the game in his conclusion after all he's said about it.

I watched all of it,that's why I came to the conclusion that he's salty. There's so much praise throughout and then this hogwash about the game respecting the player.

Urgh, looking over the comments I remember how much of the criticism talks about how rules aren't spelled out for you,like the shadow puzzles.
>>
>>383366770
It basically means "men who aren't like I see myself".
>>
>>383371102
There's also that small detail of you still being married.

Why is it about being "friend zoned" just because you make a friend with someone of the opposite sex? Are you so devoid of human contact that you aren't familiar with how friends interact?
>>
>>383365183
Her Story was Polygon's GOTY 2016. The best game of the whole year. A classic to be remembered forever.
>>
>>383367129
Anyone who replies negatively to this is likely a sheltered little dipshit who thinks everything he likes is being forcefully taken away from him.
>>
>>383365183
>no Banishing of Ethan Carter
>no Gone Home
at least put some effort on your baits
>>
File: 1499320928450.jpg (30KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
1499320928450.jpg
30KB, 250x333px
pic related
literally THE nu-male game before nu-males were a thing
>>
>>383365858
Do not play everybody's gone to the rapture, it fucking sucks. If you must play a walking sim, play what remains of edith finch instead.
>>
>>383376992
How so?

You can join the most reactionary society in any game ever, and kill all the women that don't please your eye, and still beat the game.
>>
>>383376953
>Banishing

That's a funny typo.
>>
>>383365183
You forgot Night in the Woods and Life is Tumblr
>>
>>383377104
>implying being a /pol/tard isn't nu-male as fuck
>>
>>383377238
I just don't know anymore.
>>
>>383365183
How does The Witness have anything to do with emasculation and feminist dogma?
>>
Firewatch is about making fun of a numale who thought he was going to get laid because he told some jokes with some girl he never met before though, despite already having a wife.
>>
>>383376406
>The more you talk of it being spelled out for me the more you are actually asking me just to accept his opinions blindly
Dear GOD you are a moron. No, based on everything you said so far I'm not even expecting you to begin understanding his fucking opinion at this point.

What the FUCK does blind acceptance have to do with anything? Do you even fucking listen to yourself?

>Just because you can't read between the lines doesn't mean you should be angry that I can.
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!
YOU FUCKING RETARD CAN'T READ THE LINES, MUCH LESS FUCKING READ BETWEEN THEM YOU TWAT!
You are literally sitting here telling me how it does not make sense to you and projecting like a fucking retard: literally not being able to understand explicitly worded argument and simultaneously talking about shit that isn't fucking there, and now you go around saying how "I'm the one who can't read between the lines?"
You fucking cretin, you have absolutely no fucking capacity to saying anything like this. You are an idiot.

>The game wastes time so let's mimic that by creating some long-ass video?
God you are insecure, this is fucked up. Now that you are faced with the fact that you can't even comprehend basic literal reasoning, you are going on a tirade how awful that person is for watching that video? The video YOU ASKED TO BE GIVEN TO YOU?! Are you fucking sane?

>I think he's doing a great disservice to the game in his conclusion after all he's said about it.
No. You are a fucking drooling fanboy who literally cannot fucking deal with criticism against a game. In a video that is 60% actually praise for it, too. But since it also says something negative: you do this shit.
You project your own insecurity about how he only dislikes it because he thinks it's too hard (he does not, at any point, say anything of that sort), and then you literally go throwing shit about how terrible he is because he made an analysis of the game and you don't like it so that is awful of him.
>>
>>383377360
overintellectualization and absolute lack of meaning are feminine traits
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>383376302
>nofap
>>
>>383377527
>overintellectualization
>feminine traits

Nah, man. The third wave feminists rush to accuse men of overintellectualizing the gender debate time and time again.

Most of the people quoted in the game are powerful historical male figures as well.

But I get ya.
>>
>>383377432
/v/ thinks the game is making fun of THEM, because THEY played the perspective of Henry.

It's like that bozo who keeps talking about how Undertale "punishes him" when he just wants to play the genocide run to get the best boss fights.
>>
>>383372007
Now now queerbo, why do you need to ask for an inch when you have an angry one in your pants?

I suppose it's too much to hope that /v/ will get the reference
>>
>>383377875
Hedwig is love.
>>
>>383372007
>(snarky face) the time for peaceful asking for inches is over its war now
But then people like this are the first ones to freak out when they see a gun, do they really think someone else will fight their wars or something?
>>
>>383377527
>overintellectualization and absolute lack of meaning are feminine traits
Do you people ever think about or read the shit you are posting?
"Overintellectualization is a feminine trait". Yeah, explains why most philosophers and schollars in history were and continue to be men, right?
God you people are idiots. "Overintellectualization makes me feel bad because I'm a fucking primitive. Also, I don't like SJW and that means I don't like women and think women are all stupid and awful. And that means it's completely logical to assume everything else I also don't like is feminine trait."

Fuck me, grow up you idiots.
>>
>>383378154
They fight their own wars. With video games. Full of gay characters. That never shut the fuck up.
>>
>>383376325
i meant strong and smart obviously, as i also said "weak and stupid", nitpicky faggot

>>383376330
>>
>>383377527
overintellectualization is an extremely masculine trait you dumb fuck
how many philosophers are women?
>>
>>383377527
>The Witness
>absolute lack of meaning

Are you sure you are not the woman here, anon?
>>
>>383365183
I quite enjoyed the Witness and only started to dislike the creator after I saw him publicly bullying that Japanese man along with Phil Fish and some other nu-thugs.
>>
>>383378270
>24
Jesus, you have absolutely no excuse then. GROW THE FUCK UP. This shit would not be tolerable in fucking highschool, and you are now PAST COLLEGE AGE. If you still think that "taxes exist to punish the strong" then you are so fucking dumb, so fucking uneducated and so fucking clueless about the world around you that you are actually bordering on being a social threat.
>>
>>383377707
listen to some women with high education babble endlessly to say nothing.. I had the same impression with the witness, even though some authors used in the game are very good, but it's obvious most of them were used because they're obscure or sound intellectual, not because they add meaning to the game. he could have quoted the guy next door and add more meaning if that was really his goal. As I said before, most masterpieces of litterature or cinema are perfectly understandable even by kids since we read them at school, so that answers to the 2deep4u comment here >>383378165
>>
>>383378270
>i meant strong and smart obviously

>smart

>taxes

>taxes are and expence for the smart

Dude. Start acting your age. Taxes are for ordinary people. The smartest among us run big corporations that reinvest all their gains and they never fucking pay taxes.
>>
>>383375190
>except them being indie.
Everything indie is nu-male faggot.
>>
>>383378394
>listen to some women with high education babble endlessly to say nothing..
Then listen to men from the same field and of the same general views and you'll find they are even worse. God dammit you are an idiot. How often do you actually interact with actual fucking human beings?

>As I said before, most masterpieces of litterature or cinema are perfectly understandable even by kids since we read them at school
Yeah. How many children understand Kafka, Borges, Fowles, Eco, Bulghakov, Calvino?

What you are really saying here, you drooling mongolid is: "If I being an absolute child don't understand it, it's not an actual masterpiece."

Look, I was one of the first ones in this thread stressing out how pretentious and full of shit Blow is, and how completely dishonest and arrogant The Witness is by it's very core design. But you are so clueless and so full of shit that you have actually no fucking right to complain about anything.
>>
>>383378393
>GROW THE FUCK UP.

Nice fallacy. Did you know most older people are conservative and agree with me?

Aside from the old eurocucks who grew old literally having no experience with anything but white people of course

Time to kys

>>383378506
Yeah lets ignore the absolute fucking army of shitskin hordes with sub 85 IQs paying no taxes, if not also getting welfare

haha holy shit you leftists are fucking deluded
>>
File: 1491959935047.png (616KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
1491959935047.png
616KB, 1070x601px
>>383378393
>you are actually bordering on being a social threat.

uh huh, we gotta fire up those concentr- i mean reeducation centers for all these fucking FASCIST conservative shitlords am i rite goys
>>
File: morbo-31.jpg (15KB, 307x260px) Image search: [Google]
morbo-31.jpg
15KB, 307x260px
>>383372642
Honestly I've never been to neogaf and just assumed it was politically similar to reddit but this is actually unbelievable that they are that retardedly leftist. I can't believe the neogaf numale meme is actually 100% accurate
>>
File: 1483055374644.png (184KB, 450x432px) Image search: [Google]
1483055374644.png
184KB, 450x432px
>>383378514
>>
File: 1480457976449.jpg (32KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480457976449.jpg
32KB, 480x480px
Post nu males in their natural habitat
>>
>>383378394
Well I don't agree. I'd like you to point out the quotes you feel are just there to be obscure and sound intelligent.

Maybe some of it had more flavour than substance, and were mostly added as mood pieces, but in that case they certainly aren't "overintellectualizing" anything either.

None of them are relevant to solving the puzzles, they just further the broader idea of looking at problems from many angles.
>>
>>383378675
Is this really what /v/ has become?
>>
File: Nu_2bfa76_6151730.jpg (62KB, 640x693px) Image search: [Google]
Nu_2bfa76_6151730.jpg
62KB, 640x693px
>>383378798
>>
>>383378675
>Yeah lets ignore the absolute fucking army of shitskin hordes with sub 85 IQs paying no taxes, if not also getting welfare

How are they different from you?
>>
>>383378873
ive been on 4chan for 7 years you fucking nigger

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK

to reddit
>>
File: Chucklefuck.png (35KB, 1291x237px) Image search: [Google]
Chucklefuck.png
35KB, 1291x237px
>>383372642
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAWHATHAHAHA
>>
>>383378514
>>383378798
>>383378923

The word hipster was worn out for you guys?
>>
>>383365183
I'm inclined to believe you just by looking at the cover art and "deep philosophical" titles.
>>
I'm so glad I'm not a numale!
>>
>>383378994
Nu male cuts harder
>>
>>383378924
>dude everyone pays taxes stop acting ur special
>oh right all these people dont BUT NEITHER DO U

uh huh, nice, another wrong fallacy
>>
>>383378925
Seeing as you've been here while you weren't old enough, and have come to think that this is acceptable, why don't you get the fuck out?
>>
>>383378675
>Nice fallacy.
That is literally, objectively not a fallacy. Stop using words you clearly don't know the meaning off.

>Did you know most older people are conservative and agree with me?
No, I did not notice most older people being retarded randians who literally do not comprehend what a tax is you cretin. I'm a conservative and I'm laughing my ass at you right fucking now.

>Aside from the old eurocucks who grew old literally having no experience with anything but white people of course
And you have never been to Europe either. Dude, if you think English, French, Swedes, or Czechs did grow up without experience with anything but white people: WHAT FUCKING REALITY DO YOU LIVE IN?!
And fan fact: actually the more ethnically diverse the country is, the higher amount of liberal people it has in general. Ever heard of fucking Sweden? It's actually the countries where non-white ethinicities are more of a minority (like East European countries dealing mainly with gypsies) where people are actually MORE conservative and usually also more racist. For reasons that are not straight forward and you could not eve BEGIN wrapping whatever you have for a brain around.

>>383378760
YOU are not conservative, retard. YOU are an idiot, bizarre pseudo-objectivist alt-right retard. People like you are actual physical threat to actual fucking conservatives, to people that aren't retards and can comprehend how fucking state works.
>>
>>383379036
90% of the people in this thread are probably nu-males. >__>
>>
>>383379043
I certainly didn't say that everyone pays taxes.
>>
>>383377238
>>383377282
Alt-Right and SJW Lib are both Nu Male factions.
>>
File: tGC9piU.png (762KB, 960x664px) Image search: [Google]
tGC9piU.png
762KB, 960x664px
>>383378798
>>
What's the LEAST nu-male game, /v/?
>>
>>383379246
Hatred
>>
/v/ is the only board that gets invaded by 8ch over and over to the cheers of cucks. Not even /int/ has these politics generals
>>
File: 1498759237143.jpg (513KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1498759237143.jpg
513KB, 2048x1536px
>>383379185
you got that right
/pol/ is just too popular now, too many neckbearded nu-males
>>
File: ghostreconwildlands_20160525.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ghostreconwildlands_20160525.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
>>383379246
>>
>>383378603
Kafka is studied at school but whatever. I'm not saying kids can understand everything, I'm saying that if some of the greatest writers can make perfectly understandable pieces, then some nerd developer with no artistic talent should be able to convey meaning to the same kids. now calm down
>>
>>383379185
I'm starting to think it's an insult that only makes sense to those that use it and not to those its used against.

Give it sort of a "girls are gross" clubhouse vibe.
>>
>>383379246
Ethnic cleansing. Based game by based people
>>
File: Metro_2033.jpg (81KB, 270x333px) Image search: [Google]
Metro_2033.jpg
81KB, 270x333px
>>383379246
>>
>>383379367
It might just be me not having slept all night but I don't understand what you're trying to say.
>>
File: 1495656989799.png (261KB, 630x565px) Image search: [Google]
1495656989799.png
261KB, 630x565px
>>383365794
>>383366081

>actual autists that don't know what numales are and have no concept of this thread

Embarrassing
>>
>>383373903
>people behind nms
>liking video games
>>
>used to be a liberal
>become a meme spouting alt right
>rake in thousands on my YouTube channel for simply parroting Milo, Vox and Molyneux
I can see the appeal for business minded people
>>
>>383379074
lmao holy fuck look at this christfag cuckservative

did you go to youth groups or something?

you sound like the most pathetic leftest goy shill
>>
>>383379474
That nu-male as an isult isn't actually hitting anyone partiuclarly hard, as it is so unspecific. It just makes those that feel the need to use it look like they would rather distance themselves from other people's opinions than tlak about their own. Which is kind of a 12-year-old thing to do.
>>
>>383379158
then i guess you arent this guy, >>383378506
or you are beyond retarded and inconsistent as fuck
>>
File: 1495243757465.jpg (100KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1495243757465.jpg
100KB, 540x540px
>>383378924
>sub 85 IQs paying no taxes, if not also getting welfare

how are they not you ?

my good colored person.

>>383378873
yes sadley Redditers and Neogaf fags come here because there shit-sites are becoming too cancerous even for them so they have to try and "teraform"4chan boards to make it more comfy for there bullshit beliefs and this well this is the result

>>383379246
>>383379339
>>383379402
>>383379392
all good games I still replay MGR and Metro every once in a while.

>>
>>383379353
>I'm saying that if some of the greatest writers can make perfectly understandable pieces,
Most of them don't. In fact a lot of classical literature is defined by having high entry threshold. The fact that something is not accessible easily does not make it automatically bad: what it does mean is that you should TWICE AS CAREFUL about condeming it, because there is a non-trivial chance that the problem might be in you, rather than the object.

And Blow has a lot of artistic talent by the way. And he is very well educated, and he has plenty of actually really clever ideas.
His problem really is that he is insecure and needs to masturbate his ego, which drags all of his works down to mud in the end. But it is also true that this actually only becomes apparent once you get deeper into his works. And before that you'll probably encounter a lot of very smart shit. Ultimately devalued by those awful self-masturbatory endings he always shovels up his games. But he is not a talentless hack, and the fact that you might not see what he is doing is not reflecting poorly on him, it reflects poorly on your capacity to understand his work.
>>
>>383373118
Pathologic has the best story I have ever seen in a videogame ever. You are right
>>
>>383379185
>"lol guise im neutral im afraid to have an opinion or think hard and that means im better than u"
>>
>>383379606
>lmao holy fuck look at this christfag cuckservative
>you sound like the most pathetic leftest goy shill
Uh... I know this is a desperate trolling attempt but seriously? You really can't do any better than this?
>>
>>383379542
Good goy. For every dollar you make, your JewTube overlords make five.
>>
>>383377360
Any game that doesn't have anime 10-year-olds in sexy lingerie is feminist propaganda.
>>
>everyone assumes Her Story is about feminism and shit
>turns out to be a really cool, quirky FMV-based detective story

oh well.
>>
>>383379694
>ordinary people

When was that ever "everyone"?

We were talkinga bout the definition of being strong. I mention in that very post that the strongest don't pay taxes.

The weakest don't either, but you never needed me to tell you that.
>>
File: 4195731605_8e014e4ba7[1].jpg (136KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
4195731605_8e014e4ba7[1].jpg
136KB, 500x500px
>>383377527
This post in a nutshell.
>>
>>383379039
>Nu male makes me sound more retarded when I use it.

Fixed.
>>
>>383379769
And? If not for jewtube I'd make 0 money to begin with

Hate to break it for you, but that's what jobs are. Make money and in turn make more money for your employer
>>
File: images-1.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
*sips tea*
>>
>>383379246
Loli Rape Sim 2017 Turbo Edition
>>
>>383379792
Now that makes sense.
>>
File: hipster.jpg (92KB, 475x587px) Image search: [Google]
hipster.jpg
92KB, 475x587px
More nu males. Im not offended by my own gender yet.
>>
>>383379859
you were implying that the weak dont at all benefit from the strong because MUH CORPORATIONS, as if welfare and shit doesnt exist

stop being obtuse

>>383379759
lol yeah im just a troll whatever eases your extremely confused cuckservative mind

neo-con shills got BTFO and still think they have relevance, lmao, go suck off john mccain
>>
>>383379936
>YouTubing is a job

Heard it here, folks.
>>
>>383379942
>well, i have to do something to distract people from my abysmal fucking mountain of a kike nose: the haircut
>>
>>383380014
But how can I tell his political leanings by an image? Is numale political ideology based or appearance? What happens when a numale fits one but not the other?
>>
File: 215.jpg (36KB, 600x582px) Image search: [Google]
215.jpg
36KB, 600x582px
>>383379942
That better be nom gmo organic free range gender binary tea
>>
>>383380014
That looks just a little too much like Mr. Murray in a wig.
>>
>>383379942
He did this to become an internet meme and it worked hook line and fucking sinker.
>>
>>383379232
>obviously photoshopped
>>
>>383380081
Does he look like he voted trump?

Didnt think so
>>
>>383380061
If it pays the bills. I'm sure you'll realize once your welfare gets cut off
>>
>>383366038
The fact that you give any of these games or their developers the time of day means you're already halfway down the path of nu-maledom. Come back to the light Anon, Blow has never had a good idea in his life.
>>
>>383379616
I do talk about my own opinions most of the time.
Not the official definition, but I think nu-males are self righteous cucks who feel the need to always be gathered under someone else's boot.
>>
>>383380019
>you were implying that the weak dont at all benefit from the strong because MUH CORPORATIONS, as if welfare and shit doesnt exist

No I wasn't.

I was flat out stating that they strongest aren't the ones paying the bills.

The middleclass are.
>>
File: boogie2988-weight-loss.jpg (200KB, 1140x700px) Image search: [Google]
boogie2988-weight-loss.jpg
200KB, 1140x700px
SORRY FOR BEING A WHITE CIS MALE MISS SARKESIAN!!! PLEASE BULLY ME MORE!!!!!
>>
>>383380150
So numale is not actually a thing and it's just another alt right buzzword? Fuck.
>>
>>383380231
Spoken like a true nu male.
>>
>>383380178
So.../pol/?
>>
What is it with nu-males and anything about anime? They're either pretentious toonamifags who hates anything cute/sexy or anti-anything
>>
>>383366715
This. I would never play it but the porn is 2hu-tier
>>
How come /pol/tards always falseflag as caricature libtards? One would think they'd have plenty examples and wouldn't need to make up shit
>>
File: 1395785722180.jpg (102KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1395785722180.jpg
102KB, 500x500px
>>383371086
Okay that's nice, but what do you think about the game?
>>
>>383380153
I've been running my own company for five years now. I'm okay. I could do with more money, but, eh.

In any case, I was just pointing out that you were helping the zionist agenda while making money on idiots. It's not that I don't owe you the money for your trouble.
>>
>>383368441
>It's a game.
Guess again.
>>
File: 1418674712232.jpg (437KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1418674712232.jpg
437KB, 1280x960px
>this thread
>>
>>383380192
the middle class is paying for the poor, and they're generally stronger than them

and the rich pay like half or most taxes overall anyway, just because the sheer size of their money

so what i said from the beginning is accurate

wew fucking lad lmao
>>
>>383380231
Next thing you need to realize is that the alt-right isn't an actual thing either.
>>
>>383380354
Sure anon. I believe ya. That's why you hang around in off topic threads on /v/ after all
>>
>>383380405
Why does numales always flock Death Note and Fruits Basket? Do they just have shit taste?
>>
File: 123213131.jpg (15KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
123213131.jpg
15KB, 460x215px
I hate the shit out of walking sims, but this game got me.
>>
>>383380462
On a sunday. Yes.

Or do you mean I ought to be in church?
>>
File: fa9.jpg (22KB, 466x438px) Image search: [Google]
fa9.jpg
22KB, 466x438px
>>383372007
Fun fact: I had no idea that this game existed until you made this post, attempting to make me angry about it.
>>
>>383372756
>Sex education is bad
The things seen below are the result of poor or nonexistent education about those topics. You don't suddenly improve society by removing actual good sex education for fuck's sake. You make it even worse.
>>
File: 1499278319608.jpg (47KB, 621x502px) Image search: [Google]
1499278319608.jpg
47KB, 621x502px
>>383365183
>The Witness
Don't give a shit if the creator is a massive fag, the puzzles were good, I'd recommend it for that.

>Her Story
Could not give less of a shit

>Firewatch
Such wasted potential, the more I think about it the more mad I get because I was somewhat hyped for it.

>EGTR
Boring as fuck, the graphics were OK.
An extremely "SJW" game where it was the women that worked the hardes and had to be the strongest and held the whole community together, all the men had issues.
The black woman scientist is the most brilliant and under appreciated of course, and she got discriminated against in the 80s UK as if it's the fucking 1950s US or something.
It really got on my nerves at some point, but it's ok if you "play" it while listening to a podcast.
>>
>>383380539
I've been interested in that game. But neither Dear Esther or Gone Home kept my interest for more than half an hour, so I'm skeptical.
>>
>>383368490
It's fucking horrible and I played every episode but the last. It's not SJW shit or tumblr shit, but it is still horrible.
>>
>>383380541
Yes. You're not an Arab or gook, so you need to be in church and socialise with women
>>
>>383379756
If you're referring to my political opinion, I try to go with whatever is the most logical and think about the collective rather than the individual.

I have a mostly right (but nonreligious) opinion.
I don't believe immigration is a valid solution to any problem.
I don't believe real Islam can be integrated into civilized culture.
I do believe in abortion because get fuckin' rid of the thing, it doesn't have a soul.
I do believe in nationalism.
There's nothing particularly wrong with Trump as opposed to any other president, he's just got more character, and a less professional exterior.
>>
>>383380649
Yeah, you have every right to be.
In terms of comparing it to other walking sims, it's possibly the best one. But when compared to games as a whole, it's very "meh" and can easily be ignored.
>>
>>383380649
They are both awful though.
The Stanley Parable is ok as far as walking sims.
>>
>>383372007
>private businesses should be allowed to discriminate and speak their minds
>HOW DARE THIS BUSINESS DO THIS I'M A VICTIM HERE
>>
>>383380442

What you said from the beginning what that the weak prosper at the "expense" of the strong.

This is not the case. The more prosperous a people in general, the more people there are to toil for the strong/rich/smart. This has always been the reason for society and culture. Those who have the most can have even more if everyone else gets to have just enough so that they can work.

If you are truly among the "strong" this system is never at your expense.
>>
>>383365183
>everybody's gone
Literally who? Life is SJW must be on that list.
>>
File: Fattys fucking bowling pin.png (28KB, 326x287px) Image search: [Google]
Fattys fucking bowling pin.png
28KB, 326x287px
>>383380405
>real trans people stand with Israel
>Israel
>Right wing US's best buddy
>>
>>383379915
reddit spacing subhuman nu male spotted
>>
>>383365183

Why is Her Story, there?

It's pretty anti-SJW
>>
>>383365183
Fuck you, The Witness is a great puzle game.
>>
>>383380691
>I do believe in abortion because get fuckin' rid of the thing, it doesn't have a soul.
This is a position I think you should re-evaluate.
If we start from the assumption that a baby is human, and killing them is wrong, at which point moving backwards in development do they become not human? I have not seen a defensible argument for any one point between conception and birth.
>>
>>383380675
Nigga I'm an polynesian gay atheist adobted and raised in Yemen.
>>
File: dorks.jpg (48KB, 801x532px) Image search: [Google]
dorks.jpg
48KB, 801x532px
>people on this board specifically using the term nu-male as an insult

Reminder that this group of testosterone filled, iron pumping, pussy slaying REAL MEN were the cream of the crop back in the day.

You're all so full of shit. They were pansies then and they're pansies now.
>>
>>383380691
>theres nothing wrong with trump

>the "alt right" is a bunch of cancerous faggots, i want the neo-cons back

what a ungrateful retard

>>383380896
>>383380896
blah blah blah blah neither of us have even come close to actually quantifying how far it goes either direction, and it definitely is happening both ways, in different ways, thats obvious

pretentious cuck
>>
>>383381104
Nu male is an insult. If you think otherwise, well then i have bad news for you.
>>
>>383380741
>>383380753
Aight, I'll maybe give it a shot. Annapurna Pictures seem to generally not be fucking around.
>>
>>383367914
Not that anon but I think that's fair criticism. I wish the story was stronger, but I did like the mechanics
>>
>>383380192
The strongest are indeed paying the bills. They assume the greatest risks in borrowing capital, they pay the lion's share of taxes, and their successes drive employment for those without grand ambitions.
>>
>>383381104
>you cant play video games unless you're a cuck, or you cant be critical of the people who play them because you play them too

what a cancerous shill
>>
>>383381113
>pretentious cuck

No u
>>
There is only one true nu-male game of the year.

https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/nier%20cried/
>>
>>383381104
this thread isn't about the devs but the games
>>
>>383381041
Before a baby is born, epecially during the first 2 trimesters, it's a sea cucumber with human DNA.
Why would I have Empathy for something just because it has human DNA, I'm empathetic towards creatures that have the current ability to mentally experience.
>>
>>383381305
>senseless and gratuitous ass
>nu male

You are missing the point.
>>
>>383381305
>haha I don't feel any emotions complete fucking psychopath >:)
>>
>>383371464
I'd give you that, but I challenge you then to name 3 good qualities Chloe has that present themselves throughout the course of the game.
>>
>>383381214

>The strongest are indeed paying the bills.
Only because they have regular people kept in line to work for them.

>They assume the greatest risks in borrowing capital
And reap the benefits.

>they pay the lion's share of taxes
Depends a lot. Company tax is only for profits, not for revenue in general, and many many companis are good at mysteriously never having any actual profits.

> their successes drive employment for those without grand ambitions
Sure. This much is true. And out of those salaries come the money we know as regular tax dollars.

I'm not saying all corporations are eveil or trying to avoid paying taxes. I'm saying the concept of tax isn't an issue to the strongest among us.
>>
>>383381104
back then pansies were just pansies instead of whatever monstrosity was generated by modern feminist/internet cultures
>>
>>383380405
pink IS originally a boys color. it's a variance of red, the color of war
>>
Fuck donald trump and fuck white people
>>
>>383381516
communism is just society killing itself sooner than later because they're tired of being cucked by leftism in the first place

theres no fixing this without tons of people fucking dying anon
>>
>>383381642
Whatever helps you sleep at night
>>
The internet has ruined the male gender.
>>
File: Firewatch.jpg (329KB, 956x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Firewatch.jpg
329KB, 956x1500px
>>383365789
Agreed. I thought Firewatch had a genuinely great build-up.

It's the final stretch that doesn't really live up to the hype. Which is sort of the point, but I still felt things were anti-climactic.
>>
>>383381670
>theres no fixing this without tons of people fucking dying anon

Oh absolutely.

The wealthgap now is higher than it was before the first world war.

Things will have to come tumbling down.
>>
File: IMG_6737.jpg (301KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6737.jpg
301KB, 640x960px
Atmosphere and cool and pretty settings is what I love most in games so I really enjoyed Firewatch and especially The Witness for what they were
>>
>>383381670
>>383381892
i mean wealth definately does naturally gravitate towards the few over time i guess and thats the cause for leftism somewhat, definitely

but its just treating the symptoms of the disease of greed, and creating vastly more problems
>>
>>383365183
>2/4

Firewatch was alright I guess. At least it was an actual ""game"" where you did actual tasks. Honestly It'd have been a pretty good story if they didn't fuck up the ending so bad.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is an absolute dumpster fire of a ""game"". Behead those who make ""games"" where all you do is listen to pretentious audio.
>>
>>383365183
Witness is 100% videogame. So videogame that most critics didn't finish it.
>>
Why don't these things just be web comics? You know, like that comic with the horn characters that you can interact with? These "games" have about as much depth as that so why is that a web comic and these are games?
>>
>>383381816
i remember pirating it and it running like shit and being scripted as fuck and quitting 7 minutes in
>>
Breatj of the wild is literally the pinnacle of nu male pandering.
>>
>>383381516
In the US, those earning more than $100000/yr pay 80% of the taxes. And the top 1% of incomes pay about 50%.

It's not that taxes are a problem per se for rich people, it's that anyone having extra discretionary wealth means there's lower barriers to investment. The goal is always to increase production and supply of scarce goods and services. Higher taxes incrementally inhibits increases in supply.
>>
>>383381945
I'm not sure I agree.
Left leaning parliamentarism has secured us an unprecidented stretch of peace and prosperity in the west.
>>
>>383381410
Battleborn has rule 34
>>
i stopped coming here regularly in like 2010

what is a nu-male

dudes that like shitty narrative focused indie games?
>>
>>383382116
Read the thread you faggot
>>
>>383367816
But /v/ loves games with girls in it.
>>
>>383381892
The wealth gap is higher because there are more customers. Businesses that were maybe serving a million in the past might be serving a billion or more today. There's nothing inherently evil or indicative of exploitation by an increasing wealth gap.
>>
>>383365183

>all these games are basically about avoiding responsibility by deflection

wew...
>>
>>383367129
>A non-existant being
Only a nu-male would think this up.
>>
>>383366894
>The definition of a nu-male keeps changing on /v/.

Not really, it was always the same: Men degrading themselves or rejecting any "manly" attribute trying to appeal and score points with tumblr-class women.
>>
>>383379756
>"lol guise im afraid to form my own opinions so im an alt righter because all of the gritty 4chan veterans lean right"
>>
>>383382094
well im not a fucking anarcho capitalist who thinks we should live like we're in the wild west, somewhere around 1950's seemed optimal

and part of that is technological innovation

but for example, using immigration to treat low birth rates sure sounds like treating heroin addiction with fentanyl to me
>>
>>383380156
>Come back to the light Anon, Blow has never had a good idea in his life.
How do you know that if you yourself claim that one should not even give them the time of the day.
Also: the fastest way to become a "nu-male" is actually becoming an identity-label obsesed faggot agreeing on the rules of the game as they are established by the fucking left. If you worry about yourself becoming "nu-male" this badly, if you think that category is of ANY use to anyone: congratulation: you are that thing. You already lost, you are already a puppet of stupid ideological and identity-obsessed games. The left got you exactly where they wanted you and are cucking the fuck out of you.
>>
>>383382035
>quitting 7 minutes in
I don't think that would fly on many review sites.
>>
>>383382057
I understand these perspectives.

But anon was talking about the weak prospering at the expense of the strong, and that tax was the reason for this.

I think that was a gross oversimplification.
>>
>>383382152
it doesnt fucking help cunt

half the thread is you assholes posting political bullshit because you got lost on your way to /pol/ and the other half is people debating what games are and arent nu-male
>>
>>383382401
i was alt right before it was cool

i helped shape /pol/ into what it is today

suck it
>>
>>383382452
What would you propose?

Feel free to continue the analogy.
>>
>>383382519
Only nu males dont understand what a nu male is.
>>
>>383365183
Wasn't the witness just some puzzle game on an island or am I thinking of another game?
>>
>>383380401
>Guess again.
Whenever you think that it's a game or not does not matter. Your opinion on this is absolutely worthless.

>>383380192
I'd like to remind you that you are arguing with a person who - once driven into a corner, started literally screaming "you chrisfag cuckservative liberal fuck!" So I think you might be wasting your time on this piece of shit.
>>
>>383382669
Walking simulators are factually not games.
>>
>>383382593
no fucking clue

leftism seems to just delay the inevitable, i guess i kind of would like to see an ancap society just to hit the reset button sooner rather than have everything go to shit when im an old man
>>
>>383382210

No, I'm not saying it's evil.

I'm just saying a wage gap like what we are experiencing now needs very very firm systems of governement and economic structure in place for civil war to not be an inevitability.
>>
>>383382519
>it doesnt fucking help cunt
Well that is your clue, you moron. IT DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING. It's a nonspecific "a person I imagined up vaguelly but I really hate him cuckcuckcuck SJEWARRIOR ((((((THEY))))). In other words, it's a meme people use to throw away the worst and shittiest parts of their personality. It has no actual meaning: people just use it to describe what ever makes them insecure right now.
>>
>>383368609
It was hamfisted shit
>>
>>383382798
Jesus christ this is the most nu male post in this thread.
>>
>>383382739
I don't think you know what the word you just used means. And I don't think I care either.
>>
>>383365183
define nu-male
>>
>>383382765
well in that case importing non white people to treat economic symptoms, who hate "racist white rich people" sure seems like it wont end in total genocide and race war
>>
>>383382863
Thank you for proving my point, I could have not done it better myself.
>>
>>383365183
>Buy Everybody's Gone to Rapture because it was $5 at the time.
>Play for 30 minutes, close app.

What an absolute bore and that walk speed is slower than my gran.
>>
>>383382798
the irony...
>>
if you fit into any of the following categories, you are nu-male:

owning more than 1 console
voting left
not owning your own land
not owning your own vehicle
playing and/or liking any of the following titles: LoL, CSGO, Dota 2, Overwatch, PUBG, GTA V, * Souls, Final Fantasy, Metroid and Cave Story
being less than 6 foot tall
being over 6'3"
having any facial hair
>>
File: 1480436286808.png (611KB, 599x595px) Image search: [Google]
1480436286808.png
611KB, 599x595px
>>383382927
>>
>>383382950
This is literally a non post. What was the point of this?
>>
>>383365183

Nu males don't play games. They sit around in microbreweries ceaselessly bloviating on their culture "opinions" blog about videogames are entering a paradigm-shift and becoming a transcendental artform.
>>
>>383382972
so, it's just a guy with slim build and quirky beard? Does that really make their tastes that different from conservative oldfag gamer?
>>
>>383382745
you act as if you would come out on top, or even have the ability to live a life with any sort of comfort if that happened

you are one of the weak, the leech, the leak in the pipe
>>
>>383382745
Ancap wouldn't be terribly different from a tribal caste system the way I see it.
>>
>>383383064
Their mindset is the defining factor. Most of them are ashamed of their gender.
>>
>>383370279
there isn't anything going on at all

A scared homeless man who watched his kid die lives in the woods, the grill and the protag burn the entire forest
>>
>>383382798
see all i had to do was call you a cunt and you got flustered and exposed to the world you have even less of an idea than i do
>>
>>383382116
Anyone who doesn't hate women is a nu male.
Anyone who doesn't masturbate to anime is a nu male.
Anyone who likes games I don't is a nu male.
>>
>>383382948
That's an oversimplification though.

Most come because they adore western culture and want to live like we do.
>>
>>383382967
So basically anyone who is under 22 - 26 years of age.
>>
>>383383064
Nice try.
>>
>>383383228
You are 450 posts too late for this
>>
>>383383167
>Most of them are ashamed of their gender.
that sounds fucking awful (though i don't see, how an oldfag wouldn't enjoy Firestarter or Witness)
>>
All these leaves pretending not knowing what they are...
>>
Anyone that watches any twitch stream is a nu male by association
>>
I hope you don't need the opinion of the devs themselves to detect pozzed content in vidya, guys. If you can't or don't want to you'll eventually consume mostly soy and suck tranny cock
>>
>>383383036
Dude: YOU LITERALLY JUST ILLUSTRATED EXACTLY WHAT I SAID ABOUT THE WAY YOU USE THE TERM NU-MALE.

I said that the problem with this buzzword is that people use it as a go to word to call anything that makes you mad because of your insecurity.
That post offended you so you immediately called that post NU-MALE.
I could not make this shit up. YOU DID PROVE MY POST: OBJECTIVELY THAT POST BECAME A PERFECT PROOF OF ME BEING RIGHT.

It's not a non-post: it's an objective statement of objective truth.

Fun fact you little retards:
If you went and replaced the word "nu-male" in this thread in every single instance with the word "annoying" or with the grammatically correct form of "it's making me mad for some reason", you'd change ABSOLUTELY ZERO MEANING of all of the posts that have been made.
>>
>>383383306
Is this a new meme?
>>
>>383383167
how do you know that though? how can you know what someones mindset is based on outwards appearance? I mean yeah there are obvious tells, like fat girls with blue hair etc, but thats just a dude with unkempt facial hair and a shitty shirt
>>
File: Firewatch_20160209230737+copy.jpg (49KB, 530x352px) Image search: [Google]
Firewatch_20160209230737+copy.jpg
49KB, 530x352px
This is the protagonist from firewatch. If you werent sure if it was a nu male game, you know now
>>
>>383383428
People do this when they get angry that they are losing a debate. Been happening for years.
>>
>>383383426
Look at this fucking nu male. Lmao
>>
>>383370674
>What's wrong?
Maybe the fact that the world is fucking inundated with them?
>>
>>383380910
lmao look at this doofus failing to detect the evolving zeitgeist
>>
>>383383462
Be nice to Henry. He's a tormented soul.

The story is even about his wife being crazy (lol women) and him having to put up with a smug bitch ordering him around.

While Henry might be a sad pussywhipped nu-male, the game sure is pretty woke.
>>
>>383383462
to be fair, his life is supposed to be going down the shitter and he's characterised properly as a numale
>>
>>383383426
Triggered nu male detected. Did someone use the wrong pronouns my dude?
>>
>>383383426
are you new nigger thats been a running repeat on this site forever

any time any board here finds a buzzword, every person that isn't ingrained into that boards culture becomes that buzzword

we all know this we are just shitposting and having back and forth because you cant really do it anywhere else on the internet without being burned at the stake
>>
>>383383528
But it's just whole swaths of the thread. I don't understand which purpose it would serve.
>>
>>383383426
>I said that the problem with this buzzword is that people use it as a go to word to call anything that makes you mad because of your insecurity.

But... it's your kind who does exactly that kind of thing. Taking words and changing the meaning to fit their ideology.
>>
>>383383426
Loot at this nu male cuck.
>>
>>383383462
Jesus, thank god I never download that one.
>>
>>383383675
Its just thread spam. Taking up space so theres less room for replies
>>
Anonymous 07/09/17(Sun)05:34:01
Anoymous70/17(Mon)02:17:16
>>
>>383383426
Imagine being triggered this hard by a word on the internet
>>
>>383383819
Aight then. I guess. Thanks anon.
>>
You faggots don't know shit, when we were fapping to all the delicious cp posted on /b/ you were still in 8th grade

don't come here to our website and shit it up with your dumb armchair politics, we don't care and the actual posters here of any importance just screen shot and laugh about it on the irc/discord
>>
File: Internet Graphics (8774301).png (260KB, 500x606px) Image search: [Google]
Internet Graphics (8774301).png
260KB, 500x606px
>>383365183
>MFW I enjoy all of those but everybody's gone to the rapture
Can't stop me /v/irgins.
>>
>>383383962
>we
>>
>>383383674
>are you new nigger thats been a running repeat on this site forever
I've been here for 8+ years now. The fact that this shit isn't happening for the first time does not change the fact that it is happening, and that it is fucking awful. This discussion started with someone asking what is "nu-male" because he has not been around fora while. I gave him the answer.
The fact that simply stating the obvious truth has clearly triggered an army of insecure cunts who cover the shittiness of their existence by "shitposting" is still something we should not be OK with.

>>383383678
>But... it's your kind who does exactly that kind of thing.
Dude, I'm actually a fairly radical conservative, enough to be actually politically and academically involved. But thank you for proving my point about you fucks using pseudo-politically charged concepts to blindly throw at anyone who makes you feel insecure.

"You said something that may reflect badly on me: YOU MUST BE A LEFTISTS! THAT IS WHAT LEFTIST MEANS, RIGHT? PEOPLE THAT MAKE ME FEEL INSECURE?"

The reason why the left is currently pretty much rolling over the rest of the political and philosophical spectrum is actually people like you. You are their most powerful soldier.
>>
>>383366293
>pandering "waifus"
>makes them carpet munchers
>>
>>383383557
kek
>>
>>383376049
>Any government ever existed to help the weak prosper.
There are multiple governments that culled the weak to raise the whole rather than attempting to raise the weak. Sparta is the ultimate example of this, but various groups such as the nazis and early 1900s US also heavily practiced eugenics in various forms.
>>
>>383384072
Because lesbian porn is not at all popular among the male nerd community, right? JESUS you people are fucking brainwashed.
>>
>>383384045
>But thank you for proving my point

This? Again? You already prove your point yourself with your "arguments".
>>
>>383384045
>wall of text trying to denounce the term nu male

Yup, hes a nu male alright
>>
>>383384152
>This? Again?
I could ask you the same question. It's you who are consistently doing exactly what I'm saying that you will do.
>>
>>383384210
Not only that, he is constantly accusing others of being insecure. That sounds like something a person with a lot of insecurities would say.
>>
>>383384384
>It's you who are consistently doing exactly what I'm saying that you will do.

Again?
>>
>>383384102
I know what you're saying, but nazi power literally relied on support from even the weakest and stupidest. These people got a rude awakening, but there's also a reason the system ultimately collapsed.

The intelligentsia in Germany were, with rather few exception, absolutely not Hitler supporters.
Neither were the heads of the Wehrmacht or the navy generals.

Sparta is a rather special case, and I'm not sure they actively killed off "the weak," or whether the government was part of that, but I should really stfu as I know jack shit.
>>
>>383384552
Dude, if you can make a single post that isn't a variation on "I don't like what you are saying so I'm going to call you "nu-male or leftist for that reason alone", then I'll stop making fun of you for proving my point. A single coherent point that does not revolve around that. I challenge you to do that.
>>
>>383384765
>thanks for proving my point

Such a nu male response
>>
>>383365858
The Witnes is fun in like a planeride sudoku book kinda way. I dont regret buying it.

Everyone does the Bartman is horse shit stay far away from it.
>>
>>383382962
I got it for "free" on ps plus and still felt ripped off
>>
>>383382501
>don't buy their games, don't give them money, will never even consider doing either cuz of the shit ideological and political bullshit they're trying to spread, we're the cucks and they've got us right where they want us
>buy the games, give them your money, play the games, shill them on 4chan, try and spread their ideological and political bullshit further, you're not a cuck and you're not doing exactly what they want you to do
how does your brain work?
>>
>>383384139
>comparing fan art with canon
>>
File: 1410485305561.jpg (38KB, 444x226px) Image search: [Google]
1410485305561.jpg
38KB, 444x226px
>>383381393
>>
>>383365183
I enjoyed Firewatch for what it was (a comfy 4 hour walking simulator). Sue me.

I've never even heard of He Witnes, Er Stor, or Everybody's Gone.
>>
>>383374637
Can I get a quick rundown on this guy please
>>
>>383385181
Firewatch was fine. I would have been mad if I were one of those people who paid $20 for it at launch though. Hell I'd have been mad if I paid $10 for it. It's worth maybe $5 tops.
>>
>>383384139
>Because lesbian porn is not at all popular among the male nerd community, right?

With faggots maybe, but not the straight ones.
>>
>>383384968
>will never even consider doing either cuz of the shit ideological and political bullshit they're trying to spread
Uh... what ideological and political bullshit? How do you know there is political and ideological bullshit in the those games if you never play them?

And if you do: PLEASE explain to me the political and ideological messages of Firewatch or Witness?

>buy the games, give them your money,
Would you quote to me the line that says I paid for all of those?

>shill them on 4chan,
Uh... so you think everytime someone talks about a game he is shilling for it. Even when he is actually being quite critical of it?

>try and spread their ideological and political bullshit further
HOW am I doing that? And what political bullshit we are talking about?

Dude: YOU ARE MAD. There is literally no way around it: you are certifiably mad. You are no better than the most insane tumblr cretins in the universe. You are no better than those insane right-wing christian faggots demanding to ban games they never played because they believe them to promote devil-worship, or those insane left-wing cretins demanding boycots of games like Witcher that they never played because they think they spread anti-feminist propaganda.

YOU ARE THAT. A person who blindly screams about evil propaganda in things you don't know anything about.

There is nothing political about either of Blow's games. And you would know that if you had played them. I actually found both INSULTING in the end and don't like them and can't recommend them to people. Which you STILL somehow interpret as shilling, by the way. But there is nothing political in them and there are good ideas in them too. It's just that those good ideas are ultimately not the bad ideas they also contain.

So chill the fuck down, stop being a brainwashed idiot, stop hypocritically saying exactly what those you pretend to hate are saying, fuck off.
>>
>>383384981
Comparing fap-bait to fap-bait.

>>383385475
Are you actually serious? Is this a joke? How do you not know that lesbian porn is among the top five most searched porn types among straight males almost universally across the world, and this has been true since the very CONCEPTION of pornography.
How detached from reality are you people? How far will you let the fucking left actually continue to brainwash you?
>>
>>383385692
>How detached from reality are you people? How far will you let the fucking left actually continue to brainwash you?

You're the one who has been brainwashed by the left. Your porn statistics are hand crafted by Jews and SJWs. No straight man likes girl on girl shit. It's only faggots and faggots in denial who are being turned by it, which is why Jews push that genre so hard.
>>
Vrei sa pleci dar nu-male nu-male lei
nu-male nu-male lei, nu-male nu-male nu-male lei
Chipul tau si dragostea din tei
Mi-amintesc de ochii tai
>>
File: 1495947276414.jpg (1MB, 1980x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495947276414.jpg
1MB, 1980x1080px
I downloaded Firewatch because it was recommended to me as a guy disconnecting from society, and accepting a comfy /out/ job where he can be alone with his thoughts, books, nature, away from his problems, at peace.
And first thing you know, he has to """develop""" a """relationship""" with a chick over the radio in the first minute of being in the wild. I don't know what I expected. Maybe that his orders would come on a letter, here's what you have to do this week, and just fuck around in the woods, exploring, setting markers, maybe more survival elements, sight seeing, marking your own map, cataloguing the wildlife, having access to the in-game books if we're going for the escapist extra mile...
The game is very pretty too, but I dropped it in what I assume to be the middle. Disappointed.
>>
>>383385894
That is some painfully weak bait. And the saddest part is that I'm willing to bet big money that it's half-sincere: that you actually half-believe this shit but also turn it into a shitpost because you are a coward on top of being brainwashed idiot.
>>
>>383385692
>How detached from reality are you people?
You already said that
>>
>>383386154
And it did not cease to be true since. You people are completely detached from any actual reality and that is a fact.
It will stop being relevant to this discussion when you people manage to come back into real life and to your actual senses.
>>
>>383385894
Is this what /pol/ does to your brain?
>>
>>383382153
Nah, /v loves japanese porn, and /v loves it mainly for the most common plot tropes. So it pretends to like japanese vidya as well, 'cause some of that porn comes in interactive package.
>>
>>383366894
a buzzword
essentially boils down to insulting someones masculinity when they have a different opinion
>>
>>383386595
t. numale
>>
>>383385894
To add on to what this guy said
>watching porn where females are having pleasure without a male, which you're supposed to subconsciously self-insert as
>associating your own sexual pleasure and release (your solo fapping) to the sexual pleasure of women
Porn already fucks with the brain, but lesbian and traps take the cake
Chicks making out is hot, no denying, but in moderation.
>>
>>383366038
>everybody's gone to rupture
>>
File: 1413489936874.jpg (76KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1413489936874.jpg
76KB, 1000x800px
>>383386727
Classic. A real 'gotcha.'
>>
>>383378352
philosophy isn't overintellectualization. it's genuinely trying to find the truth
>>
>>383386845
Well, that is hardly accurate.
t. post-grad in philosophy.
>>
File: fsh.jpg (36KB, 500x670px) Image search: [Google]
fsh.jpg
36KB, 500x670px
>>383372756
>implying actual marxism is bad
>>
>>383387027
i'm not talking about modern philosophy students though
>>
>>383365858
Found the nu-male
>>
>>383387164
>Implying it isn't

captcha: kids stop
Thread posts: 517
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.