[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never played a Dragon Quest game before, should I buy this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

I've never played a Dragon Quest game before, should I buy this?
>>
>>383361752
Start with the DS trilogy. This game is too bloated
>>
>>383361752
That game is too long for its own good. Start with 4 > 5 > 6
>>
>finish Alltrades
>phew time to level the classes later
>SD card shits the bed and dies
>lost all my saves

Fuck.
>>
>>383361752
i dont know about any of the other games but this one has you do a bunch of boring ass walking for 3 hours before you even get to fight your first monster
>>
>>383362206

The 3DS version slimmed it down. Still takes at least an hour though.
>>
Play 8 instead.
>>
File: Dragon Quest XI.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Quest XI.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>383361752
Buy this
>>
Not OP how bad is IX without the online capabilities? Is there a possibility of X hitting america even though they barely ever advertise Dragon Quest? You would think DQ would be advertised better in america if they marketed towards Dragon Ball fans.

Any tips for DQVIII early game I should keep mental notes for when I get there or just roll with it like I've been past games?
>>
>>383362962
That looks like the faggiest shit possible and I watch that show where they reference things. Any context?
>>
>>383362962
fucking kek
>>
>>383363363
I liked IX. Biggest negative is that all party members are custom made and there's no party chat. Combat is good and the vocations are much more interesting and effective than in other games like VII.
Lots of optional quests and rare items are locked behind the defunct online but that's post game stuff.
>>
Play 3, 4, 5, or 8 first. 7's good but FUCKING LONG even in the 3DS version, especially if you don't know if you like the series gameplay yet or not. In 7 you don't even open up the class system until 20+ hours into the game.
>>
>>383363363
buy a boomerang
>>
File: 1474746143004.jpg (285KB, 759x660px) Image search: [Google]
1474746143004.jpg
285KB, 759x660px
>>383361752
7 is excellent, but no. You'll be turned off from the series completely due to the length alone. Start with the DS games or VIII.
>>
>>383363363
Yangus's Clubs and Scythes skill trees fucking suck.
>>
File: 1467349857149.jpg (450KB, 800x666px) Image search: [Google]
1467349857149.jpg
450KB, 800x666px
>>383361752
Start with 4 mane.
>>
>>383363363
Choose one weapon type for each character and just dump points into that and their individual trait, don't bother spreading points out over multiple weapon trees. I usually go with Spears for the Hero and Axes for Yangus.
>>
>>383362962
I love how it was super gay right up until he struck Kamen Rider Stronger's pose
>>
DQ is like the Monty Python of JRPGs. It influenced everything that came after it but if you go back to it after experiencing other series, it'll seem lame
>>
>>383365180
Iin a world of derivative garbage like Tales, DQ is better than ever.
>>
>>383365180
It's refreshing as fuck to me after playing Persona and shit like that. It's simple and sweet with a good artstyle and when anons say comfy I genuinely think of DQ.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.