[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

would a team comprised of nothing but /v/tards manage to make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 11

File: header.jpg (84KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
84KB, 460x215px
would a team comprised of nothing but /v/tards manage to make gameplay more compelling than the devs managed to do in this?

personally I think yes, once they were done bickering and killing themselves
>>
>>383356754
>combat is mediocre meme
Its like you people never put points into signs
>>
>>383357446
lol? putting points into signs is even worse, the game becomes a joke when you get the quen shield even on death march (I completed Hearts of stone last night, going to B&W soon)
>>
>>383357567
>quen
>the pussy spam x for free hits sign
Jesus you're dumb

Axii and Ard upgraded are some of the most fun you can have on this game. Im plowing through frozen mobs of goons while you're spamming x hiding behind your sword

See people like you are better suited playing skyrim if you're not going to use tools provided to you. I mean its a WITCHER GAME signs are important if you want to get everything out of it
>>
>every games needs dark souls combat

yeah it sure would feel like you're playing geralt, uh-huh
>>
>>383357880
I upgraded Axii too, still broken. I'm sure ard would as well, it's very hard not to break this game with the signs unless igni/yrden are trash I didn't level those

>See people like you are better suited playing skyrim if you're not going to use tools provided to you.

hilariously, Skyrim is just as retardedly broken yet you're writing as if witcher is somehow far better designed

Also I didn't put a single point into the alchemy skill tree across all 3 games
>>
Only using the sword, not upgrading it correctly, and never delving into signs or alchemy is akin to some chump whining about the simplicity and boringness of Mario because they chose to skip every 1up or mushroom or other tools, and never choosing to double jump. Or complaining that Zelda games are fucking horrible because you avoid using all the weapons.
>>
>>383357880
>are better suited playing skyrim

ironic because even skyrim has more bearable combat lol. don't get me started on mods
>>
>all these contrarians saying the combat doesn't suck

sorry but it was agreed upon even in normieland since release. game is nice and all but combat sux
>>
>>383358098
>>383358054
Please tell me how Skyrim's combat is "better."

>not a single point into alchemy across all 3 games
You never played Witcher 1, and who the fuck does that? It is like avoiding shouts in Skyrim. It is intrinsic to the player character and the game.
>>
>>383358227
I did play witcher 1 (combat was much better than 3 unless you jumped into hardest diffi off the bat). skyrim combat is just meh shit but at least it isn't clunky like w3. and with dodge and cast mods it is 1000% better. still shit game with no content tho
>>
File: witcher 1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
witcher 1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>383358227
I'm the first guy who replied to you, I never said Skyrim combat was better. Both games are just extremely broken, If I can get through Death march with ease I don't even wanna think how easy the game is on normal

>you never played witcher 1

faggot

>who does that?

use points on swordplay/signs instead of dumb shit like bombs? everyone
>>
>>383358054
You're honestly missing out Axii and Ard combo makes for some of the most fun you can have in this game.

When that AOE goes of with an ally recking frozen bodies beside you it feel so satisfying.

Sorry you played the game wrong

>skyrim
>good combat
Lol now i know you're memeing
>>
>>383358481
damn everything from the menu down right to the ending was so fucking superior to generic open world 3 it is painful. fuck cd projekt for giving in to the normie plague
>>383358582
why should he take the opinion of someone who can't read seriously?
>>
>>383358582
>Sorry you played the game wrong

the game was broken and piss easy enough, you want me to make it easier?

>Lol now i know you're memeing
I never said Skyrim had good combat. Are witcherfags fucking retarded?
>>
>>383358689
>Are witcherfags fucking retarded?

only 3 fags senpai
>>
>>383358742
I replayed Witcher 2 and realized it really was a plebfilter

I misjudged Witcherfags
>>
>>383358689
The fact is its a witcher game.
signs and alchemy are intrinsic, if you're actively ignoring tools given to you by the game its actually your fault.

i'll agree 1 alchemy had a lot more relevance but its still a weave in the tapestry i guess you just dont understand the material
>>
>>383358689
>piss easy enough,
Sure if you hide behind Quen all the time as you alluded to in your 2nd post but if you actually played Death march which i doubt then you're doing yourself a disservice ignoring signs.

Either way i dont care. I used the tools the game provided and had a blast while you're butthurt and memeing on a cartoon image board
>>
>>383358897
>the fact is its a witcher game

yeah, I focused on swords and signs

>ignorning tools it's your fault

did the special ed class get library access today? I used the tools given to me and I raped the game on the hardest mode, why would I grind for points to put into alchemy when I can already destroy the game on the hardest mode?

>>383359046
I also used Axii, ard on enemies weak to knockdown and igni on wild hunt soldiers. Barely used Yrden except for shit like jenny o the woods that phase out.

>while you're butthurt and meming on a cartoon image board

I like witcher 3 the combat is just broken on a balance level. Why are you so defensive?
>>
>>383359205
you failed to level up 2 of your best signs.

Youre wrong
you lose
good day sir
>>
>>383359046
tools or not combat is factually boring shit. if it werent you wouldn't be angrily defending it ever since it released. by comparison if someone says bloodborne has shit combat they get laughed off the board
>>
>>383359319
the best sign is clearly Quen, you cannot deny this

>good day sir

good, fuck off faggot
>>
No because most of the people on /v/ are untalented underaged faggots.
Couldn't even make anything better than shitty Andromeda I'm sure.
>>
>>383358356
>1 combat better than 3
Christ, stop lying.
>dodge and cast mods
So you have to mod the game for two features that W3 combat already has
>>383358481
You didn't invest into any signs except axii for dialogue and quen because you can't play.
>did play 1
The way you talk sure doesn't sound like it.
>>383359205
As I stated with my Mario and Zelda examples, complaining about the game's lack of combat options because you don't choose to use them is asinine.
>>383358742
Yes, you and your fuckbuddy go circle jerk about Skyrim's superior combat somewhere else.

And read the wiki for Witcher 1 before you claim its combat to be superior. Who the fuck thinks that? Also, who the fuck goes into the alchemy build in 3 to use bombs? That's a fucking retarded justification for not using the build, showing your ignorance of the game's mechanics and said build.
>>
>>383359685
>complaining about the game's lack of combat options because you don't choose to use them is asinine

I didn't complain about the lack of combat options nor did I ever mention them. I just said the combat is balanced poorly (which it is)
>>
>>383359358
I disagree if anything souls fatigue has more people talking shit about BB

Not that it matters if you need your opinions validated then they're not very strong ones to begin with.

And this game has had almost universal praise far as i can see from this board save the occasional person making your exact argument ad naseum.

Quen is the best sign for impatient children who want to spam X through every fight. Its the same way i call anyone who used cover in Max Payne 3 wrong. Just because you can play the game that way doesnt make it the right way. Youre ignoring upgrade paths and tools the game give you and you complain all combat is the same.

no you just took the same boring approach to combat all you other braindead skyrim kiddies have that make this argument
>>
>>383359786
>balanced poorly
Stop using buzzwords you don't understand. Because if you did know what that means, you wouldn't have lauded Skyrim's builds and combat
>>
>>383356754
No. Forget about that. If you think about it,the original team of squtting slavs in tracksuit, have already beaten Western big budget AAA studios.
>>
>>383359685
>Christ, stop lying.

sorry for your shite taste 3 shill. defend defend defend. still shite game

>two features that W3 combat already has

two shit features lol. nothing from the gameplay framework has any thought put into it. combat is 99% too easy so your use tools blubbery reads like a marketing gimmick. you don't really have to do any hard timing in sword play either, I mean even the most simplest combat system can be exciting if you actually have to stay on your toes for it instead of just casually playing.

and the quests are shit too. that is a fact. batman senses are bad design. fact. bad. design. umad?

as for who thinks witcher 1 is superior in every regard to 3? non sub 90 IQ mongs
>>383359831
lol even outside /v/ people have mocked the shit combat of 3. and if you say anything bad about BB you're a pcbroso fact.
>>
>>383359842
>buzzwords
you don't know what a buzzword is

>you wouldn't have lauded Skyrim's builds and combat

alight I'm done here, It's clear you're a retarded troll, I never praised skyrim's combat and called it just as poorly balanced as witcher 3's. Don't bother responding to me I won't reply
>>
>>383357880
this 100x. I rarely every use quen and I find it engaging
>>
>>383359873
>lol even outside /v/ people have mocked the shit combat of 3. and if you say anything bad about BB you're a pcbroso fact.
again if you need your opinions validated by a heard mentality you're pathetic

Also you missed the most important part of my post. I can tell you're a child because you seem to lack the attention to make it through a whole post and you keep relying on herd mentality to validate any of your arugments.

again you played the same way all the other inattentive children played are are upset over it.
>>
File: 1496499027523.gif (179KB, 375x270px) Image search: [Google]
1496499027523.gif
179KB, 375x270px
>witcher 3 is so good more people have played shadow of mordor on steam (witcher 3's main platform) today

Nice game shillbots
>>
>>383358040
>dark souls combat
>good
>>
>>383356754
>would a team comprised of nothing but /v/tards manage to make gameplay more compelling than the devs managed to do in this?

I doubt it. I doubt many of us can actually program at any high level. And by high level I mean writing our own game engine.

I can certainly come up with ideas for good gameplay mechanics, but turning those ideas into a reality is a completely different matter.

We'd be largely constrained to the limitations of whatever engine we use.
>>
>>383360041
top kek you know its having a free weekend right?
>>
I have the solution to all your problems, a mod that fixes w3 combat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt_cPLr0Ic8
>>
File: fffff.png (674KB, 607x707px) Image search: [Google]
fffff.png
674KB, 607x707px
>>383360041
Oh gee i wonder how that could be
>>
>>383360041
>>383360091
lmao
>>
>>383359873
>batman senses are bad design

/v/ says this but I have to wonder about it. Because only /v/ says it.

Get rid of Witcher vision and turn it into a pixel hunt and you have a set up likely to frustrate people instead of making them have fun. It doesn't help /v/'s case that /v/tards named "Batman vision" after another almost unanimously loved game (Arkham).

And yet it's "bad game design"?
>>
>>383360014
you have no post. convince me a game where most of the combat is too easy to have your tools validated, where 99% of the time you aren't pressured to make any significant choices when faced with enemies and can just roll willy nilly without a proper timing or technique is a good combat system.

and convince me batman senses make for good quest design. go on
>>
>>383360254
top shill mentality. or you're just retarded. how about design a proper game instead of putting pixels you can't even interact with without activating a boring arbitrary retard mechanic. retard
>>
>>383360254
not the guy you responded to you but yeah, witcher 1 and 2 didn't have that stupid sensing shit and the quests flowed far better.

Honestly the senses themselves arn't too bad, the problem is that they're in ALMOST EVERY FUCKING QUEST
>>
>>383360329
From my point of view it is you who is retarded!!
>>
File: FalkaCiri.jpg (199KB, 808x1009px) Image search: [Google]
FalkaCiri.jpg
199KB, 808x1009px
>>383359873
Your entire posts reeks of 15 year old rhetoric spewed from other shitposts. You had absolutely no counter of my point about you not playing 1, that no person ever has stated W1 combat to be superior to 3. Alchemy system yes, but supposedly you never used that system.
>combat too easy
I mean if you turn it on easy and use quen and press x to spin it to win it I guess I see where you get that opinion
>batman senses bad
Witcher senses have always been part of the franchise since 2. It is canon. Geralt can track by scent in the books, and see better and even control his pupil dilation

You can turn off the features on the map. The game is really immersive and excellent when you turn off markers and details of witcher sense

>>383359948
>Makes a post that refutes absolutely nothing.
Don't let the door hit your ass on your way out.
>>383360041
>people liking things on my Bangladesh basket weaving imageboard, REEEEEEEEEE
>people buy a game more at reduced price or free?!
>>
>>383360268
well i see no proof you played on death march and i also told you that you ignored key features.

I do hate that detective mode
>>
File: 1457830430411.jpg (38KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
1457830430411.jpg
38KB, 620x349px
>>383360091
>>383360189
>>383360238
This damage control is cute
>>
>>383360329
Struck a nerve? Games are meant to be fun and apparently most people find "Batman Vision" fun.
>>
>>383360432
(You)
>>
>>383360432
>merely pretendint to be retarded.jpg
>>
File: 1496192907555.png (3KB, 698x1284px) Image search: [Google]
1496192907555.png
3KB, 698x1284px
>>383360432
(you)
>>
>>383360392
but it is better though. because it requires timing. timing is the essence of gameplay. and all you do right now is insult my posts. that's because you have no case. you have defended witcher 3's combat for over a year now and yet deep inside you know it's shit. you have to be borderline sub 90 IQ to genuinely think a souls copy cat is better than the nice flow of combos of witcher 1. no sir. it is you who hasn't played that masterpiece, since you like the open world bore of 3
>>383360401
you know you're arguing with 2 people right?
>>
>>383360254
I think getting rid of Witcher senses can work, but NPCs would have to be much more detailed when describing quests and what they need your help with. And it would also require excellent geographical/environmental design on part of the devs and awareness on the part of the player (a skill many people lack, that or patience). In the end I agree it's a pretty big effort for a potentially minimal reward.

>>383360346
Witcher 1 and 2 had senses too. Witcher 1 was far cheaper because you just had to hold one button (alt I think) and all interactible labels would pop up (I preferred this to be honest). Witcher 2 had the medallion that had a cooldown, but I spammed it on cd anyway.
>>
File: FmYjcHV.gif (1024KB, 218x228px) Image search: [Google]
FmYjcHV.gif
1024KB, 218x228px
>>383360432
>tfw you are secretly actually retarded and you're not pretending
>>
>>383360660
>witcher 1

refresh my memory it's been a while, what was the sense? Or are you refering to the magic/monster medallion detection?

>witcher 2

medallion detection is not witcher senses, it doesn't slow down the game at all
>>
>>383360774
>refresh my memory it's been a while, what was the sense? Or are you refering to the magic/monster medallion detection?
If you held alt all interactibles were labeled.

>medallion detection is not witcher senses, it doesn't slow down the game at all
It was exactly the same thing. It lit up all the stuff you could interact with (boxes you could loot) and quest clues (when you have to follow blood trails, etc).
>>
>>383361002
>If you held alt all interactibles were labeled.

this has nothing to do with witcher senses, it's an in game mechanic

>It was exactly the same thing. It lit up all the stuff you could interact with (boxes you could loot) and quest clues (when you have to follow blood trails, etc).

it wasn't the same, it didn't slow the shit out of the game like in witcher 3 and it wasn't used nearly as much
>>
>>383361002
>common RPG trope
>batman senses

lol. witcher 3 bot everyone
>>
File: 142135512512.jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
142135512512.jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
>>383360485
>>383360501
>>383360592
>>383360743
>less people are playing his favourite game than a free asscreed clone

Tough.
>>
File: LyGZl.jpg (593KB, 1386x2795px) Image search: [Google]
LyGZl.jpg
593KB, 1386x2795px
>>383356754
Remember Broquest?
There's your answer
>>
>>383361125
>it wasn't used nearly as much
you just said you dont remember witcher 1 or 2 that well and in 2 it does infact slow down time
>>
>>383361128
What are you even trying to convey
>>
>>383361320
>in 2 it does infact slow down time

did you play the original? I played the enhanced version and there was no slow down in time, the effect was instant lighting up intractable stuff in the room
>>
File: 20170709010617_1.jpg (914KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170709010617_1.jpg
914KB, 1920x1080px
>>383361320
>>383361473
this. it might just be a regular version thing but the enhanced version did away with it. He stops for a bit and is susceptible to damage
>pic related.
>>
>>383361320
>>383361665
ya just opened up my game, no slowdown
>>
>>383356754
Unlikely. After they're done bickering and killing themselves, there would be a non-stop 24/7 gay orgy happening.
>>
>>383356754
>would a team comprised of nothing but /v/tards manage to make gameplay more compelling than the devs managed to do in this?
depends on your definition of "compelling". Getting gameplay you want is one thing, other is how many people have exact same taste for gameplay. There's more than enough totally autistic gameplay/combat mods for popular games to prove that. If what thye do is your thing, you'll be in heaven, but most people will cry it "too hard" or "needlessly complex"
>>
>>383361125
I used it as much as I did in TW3. It wasn't as necessary for quests, but since it highlighted all the stuff you could loot (everywhere) I used it pretty much everywhere. And because it actually had a CD and timer and things stopped glowing when it ran out, I was using it no less than three times for every new room or every few steps. I actually preferred TW3's witcher senses over TW2's medallion for this reason.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.