[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game sucked.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

This game sucked.
>>
File: zelda.jpg (3MB, 4500x3240px) Image search: [Google]
zelda.jpg
3MB, 4500x3240px
>>383356591
Yeah, this game also.
>>
>>383356591
It's the best platformer ever made
>>
>>383356591
(You)
>>
>>383356725
No, that game was good. Unlike Hollow Knight, which would've been like any other mediocre indie Metroidvania but had exceptionally bad map design and pacing.
>>
File: rage.jpg (93KB, 300x370px) Image search: [Google]
rage.jpg
93KB, 300x370px
This game is somewhat okay.

It's actually good, except for the enemies being bullet sponges (even for headshots), and the open-world design being a nuisance (it adds nothing of value).
>>
>>383356763
It doesn't even have good platforming for the genre. White Palace is some of the only real platforming and it's like a nonsensical knock-off Super Meat Boy.
>>
>>383356897
>a game you can easily beat in under an hour
>bad pacing

>>383357020
>fighting enemies and dicking around in the overworld sucks
But that's the entire game.
>>
>>383356763
I personally don't like it but out of all the "platformers" I've played under the strict definition of a platformer or how well it does platforming, I'd say yeah, I agree to that.

Doesn't change the fact it's derivative uncreative garbage tho
>>
>>383357162
It's not about how fast you can speedrun something, it's about the map layout and distribution of power-ups. The game takes so long to give you necessary mobility power-ups, and then you get like all of them within an hour after slogging through half the game without.

Also most of the minor secrets are geo, the game is incredibly stingy with health/soul/charms, and geo's worthless. It's such a stark downgrade from every other Metroidvania which learned from the progenitor to scatter permanent power-ups in every nook and cranny.
>>
>>383357430
Metroidvania specifically refers to IGA's Castlevania and clones, though, which certainly did not and most of the pickups were stark fucking useless.

Metroid is the one that has the permanent upgrades everywhere. Part of why it's superior.
>>
>>383357905
The progenitor of the genre I'm calling Metroidvania is Metroid.

Although Castlevania games also had power-ups and equipment scattered everywhere. At least the gameboy advance games I remember having permanent life-ups in walls.

The point is that Hollow Knight is a needlessly long game with very sparse distribution of things you actually want to find.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.