[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comfy Breath of the wild thread Are you playing the DLC? Are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 264
Thread images: 25

File: IMG_1137.jpg (464KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1137.jpg
464KB, 1920x1080px
Comfy Breath of the wild thread

Are you playing the DLC? Are you enjoying it?

Are you looking forward to the next DLC? What are your hopes for the next pack?
>>
>>383356539
So did Master Mode do anything to the bosses?
>>
>>383356539
>are you playing the DLC? Are you enjoying it?
Hell yeah, trials are fun as fuck and I'm actually getting my ass handed to me at times
>are you looking forward to the next DLC
Yes, since I already bought it
>hopes
It's a sequel right? That's all I hope for. Oh, and the next dungeon to be hyrule-castle style instead of Divine beast style, although a new, expanded divine beast would be fine too
>>
>>383356681
Well it makes the bosses actually challenging. Especially ganon, he became less of a cakewalk and more of a test of your skill at parrying and shit
>>
>>383356913
Does he just do more damage?
>>
>>383356539
I got tired of the game pretty quickly desu. The content tends to feel watered down as if to fill the space the game insists on taking up. You walk more and do less and the shit you do is never as in depth as a game that takes care to craft more curated scenarios.

Good example is taking MGSV:GZ and MGSV:TPP. Ground Zeroes is the best fortress between the two games by far.

Similarly, BotW would only benefit by taking its core mechanics (the physics based shit is fantastic) and focusing it into 8 or 12 dungeons designed to test the player's problem solving, exploratory, and technical mastery of the game.

And on this note, the locations can and often do look great but for the most part the game utilizes that space simply by making you traverse them and do nothing with vast stretches of those areas. They overstay their welcome. There's no focus.

The game is Zelda: Meandering Edition. And the devs knew it. They knew the space had to be filled so they padded it out with tiers of weapons and armor AND made them consumables so they'd never be redundant by the vast world offering them too much.

When you make a game so large that you can't sufficiently fill it with -unique- rewards not too far apart from one another you have a fucking problem. A problem the very first fucking Zelda avoided while still being a Goddamned sandbox.

It's a great game but a better sense of focus would have only made it better.
>>
>>383356964

I believe the bosses also gradually recover health as well
>>
>>383356539
>Are you playing the DLC?
Yup, running a fresh Master Mode file. Just completed the Basic Sword Trials.
>Are you enjoying it?
Immensely, it's really really fun. Except that MOTHERFUCKING Lizalfos room. Floor 10.
You know which one I'm talking about.

>Are you looking forward to the next DLC?
Hell yeah.
>What are your hopes for the next pack?
Another Hyrule Castle tier dungeon and too see them rebuild the ruined villages around Hyrule you encountered. Maybe even make it a really long sidequest with some cool "clear the enemies from the area" type missions in it.

>>383356681
No.
>>
>>383356997
I never find the lack of set pieces a problem in this game. In fact I like that the game ignores setpieces for more calm moments

Besides I'm pretty sure I've seen this before.
>>
>>383356997
>the first Zelda avoided
The first Zelda only avoided it because of hardware limitations, forcing the world to be smaller. In fact the space in the first Zelda is even emptier with much less rewards, it's not a good example at all
>>
>>383356997

I can agree with this sentiment.
The exploring is fun and all, but it loses it's charm pretty quickly when you come to realize there isn't much to find.

If they or another devs expands on the "go anywhere and climb/walk on any area you can see" it could become great.
>>
>>383357447
>>383357447
>he wasn't excited to find shrines to grow his power and possibly find new armor pieces.
>he doesn't find joy in every landscape and new horizon

BotW is specially designed to cater to my preferences. It's silly.
>>
>>383357447
There's tons to find though. Best part of the game was wandering around interacting with everything.
>>
>>383357428
>The space in the first Zelda is even emptier
>Every other screen having some form of meaningful reward or a step toward attaining a meaningful reward is empty
Nigga it's just about the only game in the series where money mattered. Don't discount the money caves. Zelda's exploration to reward balance was phenomenal.
>>
File: -v-_background.jpg (114KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
-v-_background.jpg
114KB, 800x800px
>>383357572
I was literally just excited to have opportunities to take pretty pictures for my album.

>mfw there's a beautiful vista and two wild animals posed nearly perfectly.
>>
>>383357608
Money mattered? I must have played a different game, or I totally forgot
>>
>>383357572
>There's tons to find though.

All I find is Shrines, Weapons laying around (often that I ignore since i'm carrying around an Arsenal of much better shit), and Korok "puzzles" really.
With the odd exception here and there. (eg Bowling man, Shield surfing mountain hut)

I just stopped caring about exploring the world after awhile.
I'm playing a game not going on a sightseeing trip.
>>
>>383357540
It's close to mine but I prefer rupees as the currency system over weapon degredation and the weapons themselves. The two scenarios are nearly mechanically identical in that the economy of exploring to replenish a depleting supply is in place, only with nametags swapped around. But I really dislike the weapons and armor system in BotW.

Make the world a smidge smaller, make money the economy over weapon fatigue, give the world fewer mini dungeons and fill them with more substantial gameplay altering effects more in line with tradition and BotW would be my GOAT.

I'm not saying kill the open world meme altogether. Just that I wish it was toned down and the world fleshed out a bit better.

Also I fucking hate BotW's music but that's neither here nor there.
>>
>>383357775
>All those money sinks

- Arrows
- Great Fairies
- Real Estate
- Expensive as fuck armors from various shops

>>383357812
>All I find is Shrines
Which are almost all unique puzzles with good rewards. Some even have armors in them.
>I'm playing a game not going on a sightseeing trip.
BotW is both at once. That's why it's so great.
>>
What I find weird is that people don't think the shrine orb things are good rewards. They give you more hearts and stamina, aren't they a good goal to strive for no matter what? I greatly preferred this system to heart pieces or god forbid rupees as well
>>
>>383357931
They just feel a bit copypasted. That's all.

I don't mind them, but I think people wish they had designed more interesting ways and places to hide the courage orbs than just dropping a hundred little puzzle boxes around the world. I don't necessarily disagree. Maybe the next game should drop the Spirit Orb idea and just go back to pieces of heart containers so they can distribute loot more freely and with more varied methods.
>>
>>383357812
Then just do the objectives then? Nobody's forcing you to explore the world, the game's as long or short as you make it.

For me, it's enough that the world is filled with unique topography and environments. Like it never stopped being entertaining to fly down a mountain, blow up ore, catch fish or bugs, find a Korok seed, and so on. Everything's so carefully constructed but it still feels like a big cohesive world.
>>
>>383357812
I hate when people group up Shrines as if they are all the same. Except the tests of strenght they are all unique gameplay sections. I feel like if they weren't called shrine and were more natural caves with the same content nobody would complain
>>
>>383357884
>>383357884
What's the difference between rupees and weapons in terms of mechanics? It's still the same isn't it? Just that one is replaced by the other when you open a chest
>>
>>383357896
Personally I felt Shrines to be a complete waste of my time after I had 3 full stamina wheels.

Food gave me hearts (which was fucking plentiful) and the weapons/armor weren't worth the time.
I also grew tired of the simple one shot puzzles.

I prefer the traditional connected room by room puzzles of the other 3D Zelda games.
>>
>>383358062
They're distributed in basically the exact same way, there's just more ceremony.

Any shrine in plain sight has some kind of challenge, all the reward and most of the combat shrines are hidden in unique environments.
>>
>>383357931
I don't get it too. The seeds are also better rewards than heart pieces or rupees imo
>>
When's a good time to do the sword trials in master mode?
Just got the master sword, afraid of getting my ass kicked
>>
>>383357572
I started from the beginning wandering around and going my own way to places, but that ended up biting me in the ass. I missed a lot of scripted things that would have benefited me earlier, for instance I didn't go through the twin peaks to kakariko which would have taught me how to turn in Korok seeds and the Climbing bandana.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C94.jpg (443KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C94.jpg
443KB, 1280x720px
Sure I'm enjoying the DLC. Currently bullying gold lynels for easy star fragments.
>>
>>383358178
Yeah I know, but BotW's big weakness is how Every dungeon and shrine aside form Hyrule Castle has the same aesthetics and atmosphere. At least if there were traditional containers, sometimes you just go into a cave and find some stuff. People want that kind of feeling. I don't disagree.

Actually on the subject of caves, BotW is woefully lacking in caves and it's really upsetting me now that I realized it.
>>
>>383358250
It's not fair at any point.

I had to eat a +17 Heart food and a 30 minute attack boost to handle it. just nut up and go in. Also, look into the sneak attack loop cheese method for floor 10. I swear to god that's the only valid method.
>>
>>383358142
You would have done quite some shrines to get 3 full wheels. Like 40 of them? And if you want the master sword it's another thirty something. That number should be fine for normal exploration
>>
>>383356539
>>>/vg/
>>
>>383358130
They're the same mechanically but one devalues weapons and tools by making them an expendable currency and the other more logically values a currency as a currency. Both are balanced in roughly the exact same way so it becomes a matter of art (designing weapons and armor of various categories to be chewed through before hitting the "meta" over just having individual weapons and tools to match whichever skillset you need atm) and mentality over anything else.

I understand its purely a preference thing, I just prefer the way it was done before over this. Loot systems and monster health pools rising on a tiered system come from a splinter genre I kind of wish Zelda would continue to maintain distance from despite helping spawn it originally.
>>
>>383357134
Which lizalfos room on floor 10? Floor 10 of the beginning trials? What does it look like? Is that the room with the giant rock in the water?
>>
>>383358293
This, I usually like the content of the shrines (fuck combat shrines though), but the aesthetics just get repetitive after a while
>>
>>383357540
>he wasn't excited to find shrines to grow his power
Getting a currency to buy a heart piece or stamina piece isn't as fun as hunting out heart pieces themselves. It feels far more impersonal and just feels like "Well here we go again" since you know what your reward is going to be, the only thing you don't know is if the chest at the end will have an armor piece or not (Which only like less than 10 Shrines actually give you)
>>
>>383358413
I think I did like 60 or so before I just started marking them onthe map as I found them to "come back later"

I have a ton of marked, but not completed/opened shrines
>>
>>383358293
Shrines could've used some variance in apperance but that's the only thing I'll concede. I don't mind Divine Beasts because the scenery is so varied and that's the real star to me.

The game has lots of caves, they just contain shrines.
>>
>>383358601
Eh, can't say I feel the same but I kind of get what you're trying to say here. Personally I liked how you can get both hearts and stamina using the system.
>>
>>383358563
Floor 10 Beginner Trials.

Big boardwalk with a Blue Archer Lizalfos looking at you the second you spawn in. There's two Silver Lizalfos to either side of the Archer.

> Is that the room with the giant rock in the water?
No. It's only god boardwalks. One major one and then two raised wooden platforms.

>>383358638
>>383358638
>The game has lots of caves, they just contain shrines.
No. Proper caves. Not just holes to hide shrines in so you can't see them form afar. There should be relatively big/deep caves with monster camps and lots of Keese and shit.
>>
>korok mask is fucking useless
I swear this is the one thing that'll keep me from replaying the game. Inventory is too limited and you have to hunt down those fuckers to expand
>>
>>383356539
did nintendo even playtest the sword trial in master mode? i swear floor 10 is impossible.
>>
The thing that bothers me the most about this game is the lack of fucking advanced combat moves. Why? They would have been perfect as a reward for exploration.

I hope they add it in the next game along with enemies that actually support the usage of them
>>
>>383358856
>someone actually has trouble finding koroks
They are literally fucking everywhere
>>
>>383358856
>useless

It's perfectly functional. I wear it whenever I'm not in combat. It's ugly and annoying but it works well.

>>383358860
Floor 10 is legitimate bullshit. Look into the sneak attack cheese strat. It's the only viable method.

Other than the slightly obvious advice in these here spoilertags: Don't finish your combos against the Silver Lizalfos if you're fighting them 1v1. Always cut the combo off before the finisher so you can start again and keep them stunlocked. Otherwise, they'll fall in the water and regenerate/spam projectiles at you.
>>
899/900 korok seeds

And I have no idea where the last one is.

Kill me now
>>
Zelda should honestly go full RPG with levels and skill trees and shit. They already wet their toes with this one, just jump in.
>>
>only done 40 shrines
>done 3 divine beasts
>only done a handful of side quests
I keep hearing about all these neat things and I'm scared of missing shit, but I don't want to look up a walk through. Fuck me.
>>
>>383358790
Oh. I just got through that one by immediately rushing the lizalfos and climbing on to the top of the skull thing. They can't hit you with water from here. Then I just jump off to headshot them with arrows in slo-mo, land slightly lower, run back up, and do so again before they start regenerating until there's only one left.

>>383358870
Same here. I miss the sword skills from TP. Give me different inputs and combos here.
>>
>>383359221
I'd rather not. Not every game needs leveling and skill trees. I'm fine with the light RPG elements breath of the wild has and I really don't want them to add in exp. I do want some combat moves like maybe the TP moves but I don't want to tie them to levels
>>
>>383358860

Floor 10 beginner trials?
>>
>>383358860
I don't think Nintendo playtested master mode period
>>
>>383359241
Don't worry about it. If you're scared of missing stuff talk more to NPCs. They drop rather interesting tibits from time to time
>>
>local gamestop won't be getting a single switch in for the rest of the year
>only way to get one from them is to buy a shit bundle for close to 500 special ordered
I'll just upgrade my PC again.
>>
>>383359402

Master mode works fucking great once you get barbarian armour and get better weapons (i.e. Once you get off plateau). Elixers are actually useful now, and you are urged to be more aggressive.
>>
>>383359337
What I loved so much about the series, especially early on, is that the game eschewed statistical character progression in favor of making the world progress our character. And instead of experience points as an abstraction for our character's growth in understanding his enemies and his world, we had a world we actually physically learned the ins and outs of and discovered secrets that gave us boons similar to a level up without the abstract nature inherent to RPGs.

I'm terrified of the series regressing from this highly potent area of game design for systems I find far baser. I don't want BotW's scaling enemy power levels and health bars and weapon system to be a gateway drug to it.
>>
>>383358378
I genuinely found the middle trials much easier than beginning on master. I did die though due to bomb arrows being cheap as fuck.
>>
>>383359582
Don't health bars in BOTW only appear when you wear the tunic?
>>
>mfw Ganon at master mode
Holy fuck he actually feels like a boss now
>>
File: 1498185684680.gif (94KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1498185684680.gif
94KB, 150x150px
>>383356997
agreed 100%. korok seeds and piddly-easy shrines got old faster than fast. BOTW's an enjoyable game, but it is nowhere near the 11/10 cannot-stop-cumming GOTYAY you'd think from hearing about it.
>>
File: 1499389830633.png (176KB, 482x372px) Image search: [Google]
1499389830633.png
176KB, 482x372px
>>383359550
>barbarian armor
>completely bypassing the easy to get the phantom armor

It's not upgradable sure but it's literally all you need with its above average defense
>>
>>383356539
The archery in this game is some real shit man. The bows feel extremely good to use, the arrows feel like they have weight and they arc beautifully. The gyro aim helps make the shooting feel much more fluid too. Mid-air slow mo feels fantastic too. I feel that it doesn't get enough notice.
>>
>>383359940
I really liked the seeds and shrines, and some of the shrines genuinely stumped me
>>
Gold lynel fireballs should've been replaced with guardian lasers :3c
>>
>>383359959
Where the fuck is the armour? I swear I can't follow clues for shit in this game.
>>
>>383356835
"Hey guys here's this one divine beast we've forgotten!"

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>383360406
I would be 100% fine with another divine beast that looks different.
>>
>>383360024
Yeah it's the smoothest archery in any game I've played, same goes for the horse riding. I think how solid the controls are compared to other Zeldas doesn't get enough praise since people tend to focus on how lacklustre the basic melee combat is.
>>
>>383360507
Yeah I guess, and should be a bit longer too. But the hyrule castle was so much fun to explore that I'd really like to get that feeling again
>>
>>383359221
fuck no
>>
>>383360289
One in the coliseum ruins
Another in the place where link was knighted/Sacred Ground Ruins in front of castle town
The last one should be in the hyrule Garrison ruins
>>
they could have made hard mode by simply having a limit to how much you can eat and making it an interruptable animation you needed to do but no. lets just fiddlefuck with hp and damage. white goblins have more hp than the guardian bosses now lol
>>
>>383360808
Yeah, hyrule castle is pretty damn great. If it wasn't so easily cheesed I would say it's the best dungeon in the series. As it stands it's a up there
>>
File: hmm.png (36KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
36KB, 500x566px
>hard mode
>no rest and digest healing system

eh
>>
>>383356539
u play in qemu?
>>
>>383361289
They should really add that in the next game if they ever do the food system again
>>
>>383357931
I have no idea why some people go "exploration is bad becuase it's another shrine". I mean that shit is is useful man
>>
>>383361984
I don't mind it but it can get boring once you know what to expect. I like it as a reward though
>>
>>383360024
Have you played the second tier of Sword Trials? It's one big air combat showcase. Fun stuff.
>>
>>383356539
I'm finishing up everything before I move on to Master Mode. Completed all of the quests, completed the compendium myself, upgraded all of my armor, found all of the shrines, etc. I found 474 Koroks, which is enough for me. I'm not going to try getting them all.

The only thing left to do is find my last two Stone Taluses. I've looked at multiple guides, double checked every location, and I have no idea where they are. I just want to start master mode but I'm going to waste time trawling the map for a damn rock instead. Fuck.
>>
>>383362928
Why did you do that. Did you actually enjoy yourself doing all that?
>>
File: IMG_9516.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9516.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>383356539
Shit game, I only got 70 hours of fun out of it.
>>
>>383356539
DLC was worth it just for the trials. Tons of replayability for them too
>>
>>383356539
Currently at 60 shrine in master mode, and finished up the trial of the sword.
The master sword is fucking OP, barely use any other weapon aside from the elemental one.

After finishing the trail I feel like my skilll level actually increased and I play much better in general, pretty neat.

Currently doing the yiga hangout but with no hidding just pure murdering.
>>
>>383363664
I wish you could redo the Yiga hangout.
>>
>>383363354
>The Switch is SHITCH

That's approaching CWC levels of autism
>>
>>383356539
I enjoy playing it but I'm taking a break from it until the expansion comes out. Sword trial was pretty good. I hope the expansion develops Zelda more.
>>
>>383356539
I'll start a master mode playthrough once pack 2 comes out
>>
>>383358293
I don't see that as a weakness since it's meant to be that way. It's a style of the game and it fits well. This isn't the same zelda you're use to nor is it suppose to be like it. This is the problem I have with you complaints like yours who consider any differences from the othe zelda game as a FLAW which is not right. You expect a brand new zelda advertised to be completely different to be like the other 5 3D zelda games we already have. Say, you miss your traditional formula zelda. Well, guess what. There's many other zelda games you can actually play and enjoy since it's your thing.
>>
File: 1491839924726.jpg (42KB, 358x373px) Image search: [Google]
1491839924726.jpg
42KB, 358x373px
>>383363354
>giving nintendo $40-60 for literally any of those titles besides the first three
>>
>>383364942
Bitch you really enjoyed the samey looking interiors? yeah the puzzles and concepts are cool but damn the interiors get boring
>>
>>383364942
your argument's tautological, anon. you can't say "shrines and beasts being same-y is a good thing because they were meant to be that way"

and also holy shit, you SUPER cannot just write off any criticism with "BOTW can be forgiven any flaw because it's different than previous zelda titles"
>>
>>383365540
They're only flaws in YOUR OPINION, retard. You guys say everything are game breaking flaws too.
>>
>>383365452
I have no problems with it because it's just the STYLE. For an example, if you're going to Egypt to check out paramaids. They're all going to be all made by the samey material and look samey you dumb shit. The shrines are made by a specific race who use their own material so, it makes that they look similar. It's a completely different story if shrines was made by multiple different kind of races.
>>
>literally cannot beat the beginner trials
>not even on master mode
Haha I'm so good at this game
>>
>>383365995
Well then I don't like the style. I like it more when the style is more varied
>>
File: 1396380025918.jpg (8KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
1396380025918.jpg
8KB, 226x223px
I really want to enjoy this game but i'm only at Hateno Village and i'm already pretty bored out of it.
I feel no excitement out of getting new weapons. I just know that they are going to be destroyed in five or so swings. Moveset variety is laughable, i think boomerangs are the only somewhat fun things i came across yet durability fucks them up too fast too.
Will runes ever become useful in combat? You would think they will allow cryosis to actually freeze enemies or stop flames but fuck you.

Aside from that the only fun thing i can imagine doing in this game is making something with balloons but they pop too fast for any real gun gimmicks.
>>
Welp, I started a Master Mode file and boy is the game fun now.
My weapons are headshots with the bow, korok leaves and chu jelly. I've been coming up with all these crazy ways to kill enemies now. Horseback attacks are so good. I usually carry a spear and charge against moblins.
>>
how are you guys working up the motivation to replay this game? I had fun the first time, spent probably around 60 hours on it total. when I think about replaying it, I know there's 3 hours of tutorials and then I need to do the exact same shrines if I want to level up my stats. usually open world games are great to replay because you can do something completely different each time, but here you need to do the same shrines to level up.
>>
Sometimes I don't get some of the complaints about this game. I don't know why people don't like the shrines being as rewards, or the koroks.

The koroks don't even take up much of the game and work as neat little rewards. I don't really feel they are repetitive too, since in my playthrough I only got like 80 seeds and saw each variation like 6 times max.

The shrines all have unique interiors or puzzles linked to them (besides the combat ones, and even so they repeat like 6 times as the guardians have different moves and the shrines sometimes have different layouts). The rewards are always useful since all of them will do something and benefit your character

Hell I even like the weapon rewards, since all of them are useful and will be used because of the weapon breaking, as opposed to useless weapons you find in games like skyrim or witcher 3
>>
>>383366671
>3 hours of tutorial
If you know what you're doing it's less than an hour.

As for the leveling up I plan to not do anything and go straight to hyrule castle. It's great, especially on master mode. The Ganon fights are hard and tense
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C94.jpg (480KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
480KB, 1280x720px
>>383363664
Playing through the final trials on master now actually. I'm taking no chances.

Debating wether or not to risk getting that mighty lynel bow again...
>>
Gradually regenerating health and extra health on enemies sounds like the worst type of hard mode ever made.
Does it make sense in BoTW? or is this another case of 'It's OK when Nintendo does it.'

I mean when I was playing late game BotW I just ignored enemies.
There is little need to fight them at that stage.
>>
>>383366627
>my weapons are headshots with the bow, korok leaves and chu jelly
Nice English foreigner
>>
>>383366343
Not really.
You can stasis enemies but you won't.

Boomerangs are fun but two hand swinging is the most effective against the sponges.
>>
>>383367013
The difficulty ofthe trial in master mode is reversed, easy is super hard, middle is normal, and extreme is easy.
Ancien arrow all the gold ennemies, lynel and flying guardian and that's it.
>>
>>383367120
The regenerating health only happens when you don't damage them for some time, so you are urged to be more aggressive. Is the health even buffed in enemies? I have no idea really. Master mode gets fun once your damage output becomes okay. Upping your damage output is easier in master mode because the phantom armour can be gotten pretty early.
>>
>>383367013
the last room has 10 gold lynels on master mode, so save those arrows
>>
>>383367794
shut the fuck up fake poster.
>>
>>383360406
I like the divine beasts

Sue me
>>
>>383367120
It makes sense, since you were able to cheese a lot of the stronger enemies previously but you don't have the time for that in Master Mode. Now it's more important to pull out your bow if you're not within melee range, use fire during combat etc

I've been enjoying master mode so far. The enemies don't feel damage spongy either, since they added floating platforms with stronger weapons early.
>>
>>383368287
No worries I liked them too. I even like their length
>>
>>383368287
I legitimately think van Ruta is one of the best Zelda dungeons
>>
>>383368929
>>383368623
I legitimately prefer the divine beasts and rune system over the traditional dungeons and items. What would further elevate the concept is more runes you get after the beasts, that are utilized to access secret areas in the beasts
>>
Changes to the world, houses and cities getting rebuild (a new great platou)
New enemies
1 big dungeon.
Heavier plot
>>
>>383369194
I like the internal layout and gameplay mechanics in the divine beasts but they need to have distinct themes and at least look like interesting structures on the outside.
>>
>>383356539
Ideally the DLC should add more runes but I know that's not going to happen. Maybe the next game
>>
>>383356539
My friend let me play this shit game when it first came out, I'm so happy he spent the $400 and not me.

Also why is this game piss easy if you avoid enemy encounters?
>>
>>383367120
It just makes you be more proactive with your strategies. I'd usually grab my bow, shoot, throw some chuchu jelly, create a ring of fire, electricity, ice, etc.
I remembered something
When I was in Eventide, I was trying to grab a thunder with a a sword and there were like 3 big yellow chu chus, the terrain was wet, and my rusted sword fell near the bokoblins and what would you know, the sword conducted the electricity and started damaging then and the fucking yellow chuchus all gathered near the sword.
Is this something that is confirmed to be a thing? Yellow chuchus gathering around metal objects?
>>
>>383356539
I'm waiting for the next DLC, desu
>>
>>383370091
this game is piss easy even if you don't once you master dodging. Thankfully master mode nerfs dodging
>>
>>383370364
wait, how?
>>
>>383370442
If you wait too much to dodge then they start regenerating life. And now they have a fucking long sight range, they can spot from afar
>>
>>383356539
So the next DLC will be a sequel right? Will we be seeing more of the champions? Like what the fuck the DLC is named champion's ballad

It better have training the next bunch of champions to take down another evil as well. Or hell just helping rebuild their towns
>>
>>383369438
I hope you are aware that this will never happen and that you will be disappointed right?
>>
>>383356539
Meh, it's a bit lackluster. Trials of the Sword is fun and Path of the Hero is a nice addition which should have been in the game at launch.

Having Master Mode do nothing more than turn enemies into damage sponges is a missed opportunity. It just results in the game becoming more tedious. I find it strange /v/ doesn't complain about this since they always bitch about it in other games.

The next DLC better be something of a lot more substance.
>>
>>383356539
hell yeah. I have always asked for a sequel to BOTW, and instead of $60 it's $20? Yes please
>>
>>383371337
>enemy sponges
Drink elixers, be more aggressive. The sponge vanishes

And no complaints? Please, /v/ bitched about it for days
>>
>>383371027
Meh heavier story focus is a given
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C94.jpg (461KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
461KB, 1280x720px
>>383367013
The deed is done...The last floors were essentially a victory lap compared to everything before them. Bless you spin to win
[Spoiler]I spammed all those arrows on the final floor as if my life depended on it.
>>
>>383371617
>Already have to a ton of tedious shit in the game
>Hard mode turns enemies into damagse sponges
>"But if you do even more tedious shit it becomes easier again!"
It's okay if Nintendo does it, right? Nah, it's just laziness.
>>
>>383359837
No. The BARS show at all times, but you do not know their numerical HP value without wearing the Champion's tunic. This is one reason I barely used it at all at first.
>>
Does the stone Talus only come in one variety?
Because they all seem so easy to beat with only a sledgehammer.
Kinda hoped to see an even bigger one with multiple weak spots.
>>
>>383372662
>Does the stone Talus only come in one variety?
Nope.
How about you leave the Plateau before lurking BotW threads.
>>
>>383372662
Standard
luminous
Igneo
Frost
Rare
>>
File: WVW69kNt95IY9Xt2m-.jpg (43KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69kNt95IY9Xt2m-.jpg
43KB, 800x450px
>>383372317
Good job. I did it with 13 hearths. I only had trouble with beginner. FUCK room 9
>>
>>383373037
Thanks. 13 hearts and 2 stamina wheels. Normal was genuinely the hardest overall ironically
>>
>>383372392
>even more tedious shit
???

Anyway even without elixers you just need a damage boosting armour, then they won't feel spongy. It's honestly not that bad once you get better weapons off the plateau
>>
>>383372662
The frost talus freezes you if you climb on it so there you go
>>
>>383356539
Since the next pack will focus on Zelda I'm buying it

GOTY if you get to see the dumb fish die
>>
>>383373874
Zelda focus? What the fuck that bitch? I'm out
>>
File: 1464886930466.png (535KB, 1006x957px) Image search: [Google]
1464886930466.png
535KB, 1006x957px
Did they patch Fireblight Ganon when the DLC rolled around? I went to him first because he was the super-easy telegraphed black hole attack boss, but he ended up kicking my ass with all of these tornado axe attacks and shit that I've never seen him use before.
>>
>>383374024
Fuck you bet you didn't even read her diary
>>
>>383374207
I guess it's because the regenerating health gives him more time to show off his moves
>>
So does link actually talk in the game? He has all this dialogue options and the NPCs react to them but he doesn't actually say them out
>>
Who else thought the sword trails were more fun than the main story
>>
Who loves infinite master sword?
I love infinite master sword!
>>
>>383375082
It feels so satisfying when you land a hit and it makes that deep clang sound
>>
>>383375082
So it stops running out of energy when you complete the master trials?
>>
>>383375043
No, but there's [spoilers]a diary entry that explains why Link is so quiet, and has Zelda writing down responses he gave to her when they were talking in quite a bit of detail.[/spoilers]
>>
>>383361984
It would be great if there were more lore stuff hidden alongside the shrines. Like how Hyrule Castle had those diaries you could read. Just some object or wall runes that told you a little bit about what the place used to be, or something like that. I was legit disappointed when Forgotten Temple just turned out to be a laser hallway with a shrine and huge statue at the end.
>>
>>383375082
I don't like that the "ping" sold is gone
>>
>>383375304
Weird quirk. Entering and leaving the sword trials essentially "recharges" the master sword. It also restocks arrows in all shops that sell them for whatever reason.
>>
>>383376050
What do you mean. Arrows and other things always restock in shops.
>>
>>383376164
Normal arrows restock. Bomb, ice, fire, shock don't if you have a certain amount on hand.
>>383375995
Literally my only gripe...
>>
>>383375995
>sold
Sound*
>>
>lynels shooting arrows at hyrule bridge
Well that was unexpected
>>
File: C3ECTIuVYAES5z0.jpg (49KB, 462x526px) Image search: [Google]
C3ECTIuVYAES5z0.jpg
49KB, 462x526px
My OCD is thinking i dont want to upgrade the master sword as it will always be glowing. But my non autistic side says it will be worth it.
>>
>>383375074
Me, but there wasn't much of a main story to begin with. Eventide was one of the standout parts of the game too
>>
>>383376661
What's wrong with an always glowing master sword. The previous game's swords also have a dim glow around them
>>
>>383376761
I didnt notice that except in lttp and thats only because I didnt tamper it. Oot it was normal?
>>
>>383356539

Actual lengthy content worthy of fucking paid content.

More Weapons that don't break.
A Bow that never breaks.
A new Rune.

Most of all;
An actual Legend of Zelda DUNGEON
>>
>>383376893
I distinctly remember it glowing in OOT and TP
>>
>>383356539
I don't remember the grass looking that good. Is that from an emulator?
>>
>>383377251
>bow that never breaks
Might as well be any halfway-decent bow since they have insane durability for the usage they get
>>
>>383377272
Well I am mentally impaired. Guess its time to upgrade. Will be nice not to have the sword run out after 3 skirmishes.
>>
>>383377251
A dungeon is already confirmed
>>
>>383356539
How does Cemu run it these days?
>>
>no expanded house customization with a private garden where you can plant anything you find in the wild
>horse still doesn't hear your call from wherever you are in a game where you will leave it behind you every 3 minutes since you can literally fly and climb any mountain
Cautiously excited for that second dlc though
>>
>>383377546

A dungeon, or a shitty Divine Beast-esque "dungeon"

I will be severely disappointed if it's not the size of all 4 beasts combined with puzzles at least 10x harder that the simple as fuck shrines.
>>
>>383377783
I don't see it being a huge dungeon, why would it be in the expansion storywise? Ganon is dead. Although a super hard dungeon would be cool, a couple of extra enemies and whatnot. But I think it'll be a more standard dungeon with a heavier focus on story + Zelda.
>>
>>383356997
>Similarly, BotW would only benefit by taking its core mechanics (the physics based shit is fantastic) and focusing it into 8 or 12 dungeons designed to test the player's problem solving, exploratory, and technical mastery of the game.

that's trial of the sword and it gets boring after the first playthrough so you are wrong, also reddit spacing fuck off
>>
File: Untitled2.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Cemu update when?
>>
>>383356997

>m-mmuh rewards

every tried doing things for fun you fucking dumb american, kill yourself
>>
>>383377736
Fug I never knew I wanted a garden or a zoo so much until now
>>
So, I just started my second play through and I set some autistic challenges for myself to make the game harder.
Master mode with Pro HUD, with the tracker turned off.
I won't be using fast travel (only used it about 5 times in my original game anyways) and will be using horses to travel long distance, and only beds to pass time.

So far it feels good and more survival based. Master mode is a lot more challenging so far.
>>
>>383358856

>useless

bitch what it made korok hunting piss easy, so many times I was literally sitting on top of a korok without knowing (fuck you death mountain) or some others I would spend 3 hours lifting rocks that had nothing under
>>
>>383378462

>defending lazily implemented player motivation with BUT FUUUUNNNN
>>
File: t3_2gv9iz[1].jpg (68KB, 680x738px) Image search: [Google]
t3_2gv9iz[1].jpg
68KB, 680x738px
>>383378582
>>
>>383378645
Did someone do the master trail for a second time?
Someone told me that you can do all 3 difficulties after eachother without stop when doing it for a second time But I don't wanna do beginner again on master mode.
>>
I literally just got off the tutorial ground in Master Mode and now all I see are white mobs. Isn't it supposed to level up the mobs gradually? like I barely ever see a blue or a black even tho I just started, it's kinda frustrating.
I picked up one of those black endgame weapons from a chest on a floating platform near the castle, did that like trigger harder enemies spawning or is this just how master mode is supposed to be, all whites right from the get go?
>>
>>383378884
Huh? I see plenty of blues around, more than silvers. I'm not sure what determines the silver spawns. Maybe you're just in an unlucky area
>>
>>383378754
There's one bullshit room in trials for master mode but it's still okay otherwise, if you liked it the first time go for it
>>
>>383378754
I did, and that person is lying. You have to do beginner on a new file, and trust me it was fucking hell
>>
>>383377251
>An actual Legend of Zelda DUNGEON
Hyrule Castle already exists.
>>
>guardians now have a short pause before firing
Fucked me up quite a few times
>>
>>383380237
>Hyrule Castle already exists.
I can't even really remember any puzzles in it. It barely felt like a dungeon to begin with. You can just climb up the sides and go straight to Ganon.
>>
>>383380804
>liking the 3D zelda dungeon puzzles
I mean yeah you can go right to ganon but there are some goodies in the castle itself you can't find by skipping right to the boss
>>
>>383380914

Anything good aside from the shield?
>>
>>383381075
Some great royal weapons too
>>
>>383380804
Oh, you're one of those guys who fervently believes that Zelda must focus on having "dungeons" that only be filled with rooms chock-full of braindead toddler puzzles.
>>
>>383380561
Wait what some enemies have new behavior? Anything else besides guardians?
>>
>>383360024
I agree, especically compared to games like Horizon zero dawn . Best archery in a long time on consoles I think.
>>
>>383381507
I swear spiderganon used some moves I've never seen before against me. Like he summoned some ice cubes and used some melee attacks which he never did before
>>
>>383380561
I also got hit by a second quick shot sometimes when I was too close. Those changes are only in master mode, right?
>>
>>383382340
Yeah, I think, unless it's the patch that came with it
>>
>>383382340
yeah, parrying in normal is still easy
>>
>>383377568
It's getting better but it's still gimped and glitched out the ass with constant crashes.
>>
>>383356539
>are you playing the DLC
Yes
>are you enjoying it
Yes. It's better than the base game
Yes, I mean I already spent money on it
>What are your hopes
More story, more linear
Getting to interact with the champions
A hyrule-castle like dungeon but larger
>>
>>383376164
Does Beadle ever restock arrows?
>>
>>383382770
He restocks everything doesn't he? Ice you leave an area he restocks
>>
>>383382938
>Ice
I swear my fingers are butter
Once*
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 1202x686px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 1202x686px
What's your favourite moment of the game? I think mine was the Corrupted dragon. The music, the atmosphere and the archery made the moment
>>
How long did it take you traps to find all the shrines without using a guide?
>>
>>383382770
yes but the game will randomly spend FOREVER restocking him and the other shops. acquiring enough arrows can be a pain the ass outside of farming them at zora river
>>
>>383382703
I've read it runs almost flawlessly couple of weeks ago.
>>
>>383383441
I found them all over the course of 120 hours or so, but I had to use guide for one. You usually never re-explore places you've already been, so I had no idea the gorons with the climbing minigame would reappear somewhere else later. do they even tell you that they are gonna move?
>>
>>383383401
The sequence when you ride on Sidon's back. Damn adrenaline-inducing. Plus the music rocks.

When I first did it I wasted all my arrows on the ice blocks
>>
>>383363121
I did about the same. After I cleared Ganon and the shrines. I ended up playing my own music and doing it a piece at a time yknow just to chill

Did not feel the urge to hunt out /all/ the field bosses but found more while korok hunting. It's a good excuse to just enjoy the world. while on the quest I was always looking for shrines but when they're out of the way you can chill a bit you know?
>>
>>383356997
>this autist posting the same shit in every thread

Kill yourself
>>
Just got a switch and botw, got to the part where I was told to go find 4 people and their machines, and the old woman gave me a camera and I have to take pictures of shit. I went to the west most one, in a desert and honestly the mobs are farming me pretty hard I only have 4 hearts and no armour outside of what I found on the plateau and most things are hitting for 3+ it's painful
>>
>>383383861
picking your battles is important, especially early on. if an area is too hard then you obviously should come back later, unless you're a masochist

actually if you manage to power through then you'll probably find some strong gear early on and you should be able to do difficult areas. if you learn how to use your environment to deal with enemies then it's easier
>>
>>383380804
>bitches about shrines having easy puzzles
>wants the even easier zelda puzzles that polluted previous 3D Zeldas

Are people retarded?
>>
>>383384061
he said nothing of easy puzzles, he said that hyrule castle had no puzzles whatsoever

can you at least read his post before saying stupid shit?

although the puzzles in BOTW is generally more difficult then what you usually find in Zelda, that much is true. I think the bigger issue is how all 4 dungeons had the exact same aesthetic, and all 100+ shrines also looked the same. I hope that if they stick with the open world design for the franchise that they make it more traditional zelda, with caves, sewers, forts and generally more explorable interiors with minor puzzles.
>>
File: DETLz-hUAAAF4E9.jpg (99KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DETLz-hUAAAF4E9.jpg
99KB, 1200x675px
>>383356539
>Are you playing the DLC? Are you enjoying it?
Yep for both. I've just gotten a bit past the part where you see Sidon for the first time.
The first thing I did after I left the Plateau was to go to the Taobab Grasslands and get a good horse. I've been mostly just riding around exploring. I've actually found things I missed on my first playthrough, which is a neat surprise.
>Are you looking forward to the next DLC? What are your hopes for the next pack?
I am. I'm really hoping the story focuses on the Champion's descendants. I want to see them play and even bigger role in the story. During that time, we should still be able to learn about the past Champions, too.
>>
>>383382938
No I've bought arrows from him at every stable and he never restocks, even after blood moons.
>>
>>383383401
I liked van ruta a lot. Like way more than I expected. I even liked waterblight
>>
>>383383401
To be honest my favourite moment was getting off the plateau for the first time. Realising the size of the world and the freedom I had was genuinely exhilarating.
>>
>>383356539
Can you save during trial of the sword?

That fat fuck on the 12th floor one-shotted me with his hand while standing up and I lost my will to even bother with the trials.
>>
>>383384353
I think he'll sell arrows up to some cap.
>>
>>383383401
Hyrule castle as a whole

And with master mode the calamity ganon fight
>>
>>383383401
I really liked all of Naboris.
>>
How the fuck does regen health work in master mode? Sometimes the enemy health stops regenerating when it still has some damage dealt
>>
So do we all agree on these fixes for a sequel:
>armour should be percentile based
>eating needs an animation
>proper food recipes should actually have a purpose beyond a unique pic
>the flurry mode trigger needs to be fixed
>actual themed dungeons
>actually challenging bosses
>favourite weapons can be repaired by blacksmiths(?)

And finally my own personal idea: in addition to hearts and stamina, a magic meter than can be upgraded with spirit orbs and allow you to enhance your rod/elemental weapon attacks/sheikah skate abilities
>>
>>383386103
Get rid of inventory food, and just make it drop like any other item.
>>
>>383385614
Just venturing into Naboris' sandstorm on my own was amazing. If Naboris was the standard for the beasts and not the exception BotW would've been by far the best 3D Zelda
>>
File: gerudos-final08uf5.jpg (4MB, 2502x3448px) Image search: [Google]
gerudos-final08uf5.jpg
4MB, 2502x3448px
>>
can you do a first playthrough on master mode?
>>
>>383386743
I suggest you not to. It can get frustuating if you haven't played the game once before. The second you start feeling the game is too easy switch
>>
>>383386686
Give me a month and I'll be able to breed them all.
>>
>>383386895
can you switch difficulty up and down at any time?
>>
>>383386941

If I had a Gerudo wife she definitely wouldn't be in Gerudo Town working unreasonable hours with my kid(s) in Gerudo daycare. She'd be raising our 5 kids and pregnant with our sixth. Going to raise a new set of Seven Heroines
>>
>>383383861
For now focus on exploring a little bit and gathering supplies. Remember that doing shrines is the only way to "level up" in the terms of getting stamina and hearts.
Try to cook up some food that will make it easier. Haste is useful for exploring and gathering, also useful during combat to dodge easily.
You can also respec your hearts and stamina at the village below the lab
>>
>>383387001
No, they have different save slots.
Master mode actually only has 1 manual save and 1 auto save slot, rather than 1 and 5, I think.
>>
>>383387154
>Pregnant again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9F5vWd5Slo
>>
>>383387001
No it's separate safe files

Use normal mode as a practice file
>>
>>383387442

Disturbing plus I'm just following the example set by Kass
>>
File: 1496770129011.gif (2MB, 449x400px) Image search: [Google]
1496770129011.gif
2MB, 449x400px
>>383387442
>tfw we'll never get another game like Harvester
>>
>>383386103
The biggest fix is that there actually has to be shit to do in the game.
>>
>>383384353
arrows won't restock if you have more than 80
>>
>>383383861
go south and find the rainforest. next to the tower is an area with more than 10 durians per respawn. the game now has no way to challenge you.
>>
>>383383401
All of the Zora stuff.
>>
>>383384795
Top kek.

You should know to be afraid of anything a Hinox does with it's hands and feet. And yeah, there's no saving.

>>383385754
They can only regenerate a certain % of their max total HP. So if you put them to 50% HP, they might only regenerate to 80%. Helps make it more fair when you set off a nasty trap and -almost- kill something.
>>
Yeah the DLC is good. On the final trials. Getting better each try but it's still a fuck
>>
>>383386103
Disagree with most things. Dungeons were fine but I think different dungeons would be nice next time. Definitely agreed with bosses, they should be more challenging but I still liked the ending boss.
>>
>>383383401
Gerudo's desert town. NPCs are great and charming and the town is pretty unique looking
>>
>>383384795
You can save between trials. Beginner, middle and advanced. You're almost to the end of the beginner trials

Anyway the trial rooms are more well-designed than I expected
>>
File: 1393905225624.png (230KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1393905225624.png
230KB, 500x500px
Given the sheer amount of leftover seeds you can have, it'd be nice to see more upgrades available to make use of them. Like, upgrade each weapon type's proficiency so you go from 5-25% more durability or damage for swords, spears, etc.
>>
>>383389014
You're not thinking clearly. There's a shitload of extra seeds so that you have a strong chance of finding enough to max your inventory without going out and autismally hunting down every Korok.
>>
File: 1498412821847.jpg (23KB, 471x355px) Image search: [Google]
1498412821847.jpg
23KB, 471x355px
>>383383401

>Roaming the canyon area mindlessly.
>Wind picks up.
>Weird music out of nowhere.
>Turn around.
>mfw there's a huge motherfucking dragon soaring through the canyon in a fiery blaze.
>>
>>383389195
This, most people should not ever bother with finding all of them.
>>
>>383386103
>favourite weapons can be repaired by blacksmiths(?)

the 4 champion weapons and the hylian shield can already be repaired
>>
>>383389014
>deciding whether to upgrade slots or weapons
Fuck it's the good old hearts/stamina shit again

I swear I'm not fit for RPGs with any stat allocation because I'm an indecisive fuckhead
>>
>>383383401
Was eventide, now it's trial of the sword. Breath of the wild is really great when they strip everything anyway and plonk you naked like a survival game

>>383385614
Hell yeah, one of the highlights too. Thunderblight was great, he's super punishing on master mode too
>>
File: blade.png (199KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
blade.png
199KB, 500x625px
>>383389617

I feel like Champions weapons should have been indestructible but weak make the Day Breaker fly out of your hands if you try and tank every single attack. I'd also have given them certain abilities on cooldowns like Scimitar of the 7 being electric, the Trident having the fastest jabs nd the other 2 can stay as they are because they're good as is
>>
>>383389827
weapon slots are priority. shield slots are the least important
>>
>>383390050
>but weak
No point then, make them glass canons with regeneration like the master sword and that'll be great
>>
File: DERPV4gUwAAm_BF.jpg (92KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DERPV4gUwAAm_BF.jpg
92KB, 1200x675px
>>
>>383363354
Now record unedited footage of you playing those games to completion, or else the image is invalid.
>>
>>383363354
Thanks for the money faggot.
>>
>>383356539
The second DLC better give around 20 hours of story and play, or I won't buy it
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>383391036
Thread posts: 264
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.