[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /v/, a steam friend is recing me Borderlands 2. How is it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: Borderlands2boxart3.jpg (74KB, 250x360px) Image search: [Google]
Borderlands2boxart3.jpg
74KB, 250x360px
Hey /v/, a steam friend is recing me Borderlands 2. How is it?
>>
Fun. I have like 500 hours in it. Sure the dialogue is kinda dumb and forced sometimes, but if it really pisses you off you can just mod the game so the voices are in another language but the text stays English
>>
>>383355657
Decent shootan with grindy gameplay and bullshit drop mechanics.
>>
>>383355657
It's like a FPS diablo game.
>>
Among the dullest, most repetitive games I've ever played. All they did was make the many flaws of the first game 10x worse.
>>
>>383358302
No it's not, diablo was challenging and had build variety
>>
>>383358468
>diablo
>challenging
Only if you're mentally handicapped.
>>
If you want to play a first person shooter with randomly generated weapons, it's still pretty much the only name in the business.

This is a genre that has so much potential but nobody is really pushing it other then bungie with destiny. The Division tried it but everything in that game is so generic.
>>
It is not good enough to play it solo but with group of friends it is fun
>inb4 every game is fun with friends
but most fucking games don't have coop campaign this days
>>
It's breddy fun until the post-game until it becomes a super grindfest. TVHM is tolerable in doses but UVHM is just dull.
>>
>>383355657
If you have a friend to play it with, it will be entertaining. Otherwise it will get old fairly quickly.
>>
Call it by it's appropriate name, naive!
>>
one of the best games ive ever played
>>
>>383358579
This. It'd be amazing if it wasn't built backwards. You can headshot enemies at level 2. By level 60 it takes 30 rounds to the head from your best weapon. It's stupid as hell.

Plus you should go in expecting the worst characters ever written. Tiny Tina is so goddamned awful I nearly quit playing. Just plow through and enjoy the shooting.
>>
>>383360167
I liked Jack's implied story where his psychic mutant daughter killed his wife and he goes into denial, locks her up for 'her own protection' but abuses her power to become to president of hyperion, it was kind of believable and human. So much so that I've convinced gearbox stole that idea from somewhere.

Then the pre cumquel was released and replaced that story with a shittier one.
>>
>>383360167
The exponential scaling will never not piss me off.
Hey OP, you should start with first game. It's got linear scaling, the weapons don't have any retarded gimmicks holding them back, and legendaries actually fucking drop.
>>
Meme game, and not the good kind.
>>
>>383361716
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hafc3oq_kSY
>>
One of my all time favourites. The game has a high replayability, decent challenge. The only downside is that an occasional farming for gear is required and that can get a bit annoying. If you get the game, prepare to put a lot of hours into it.
>>
>>383362064
I'm glad Burch era Borderlands is over.
>>
>>383355657
Its super fucking boring
>>
File: 1498313609944.jpg (64KB, 484x506px) Image search: [Google]
1498313609944.jpg
64KB, 484x506px
>>383355657
it's badass
>>
File: tumblr_o7tc79BADL1u5firdo1_540.jpg (50KB, 540x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7tc79BADL1u5firdo1_540.jpg
50KB, 540x400px
>>383355657
v fun, you'll throroughly enjoy yourself if you aren't one of those cynical fags who forces yourself to hate everything.
>>
Good with friend
>>
>>383355657
Playing it with my buddy, we started from level 1 - Zer0 + Commando. Its really cool. 25 hours into it together and looking for more.

Solo is fun too, but only the first playthrough for me.
>>
>>383355657
exponential scaling
>>
>>383358468
>diablo
>build variety
only if you do not want to succeed.
>>
I've been playing it recently and I'm about 20 hours in and it's starting to get incredibly repetitive. I think I'll just stop doing the sidequests and barrel down the main quest like I did with Fallout 3
>>
>>383355657
wait for a sale and buy the complete package.
be warned tough the "GOTY" edition does not in fact actually contain all of the dlc and most imporantly it does not contain overpower levels and the highest levelcap.
>>
>>383355657
The game came out in 2009 and people are still playing it

Obviously it's fucking good you cunt
>>
no damage mitigation to speak of, no way to stealth, enemies are crackshot sponges in the most annoying way possible. and they drop hot garbage so its memes and bottom of the barrel trash loot constantly. level slower than the first one and alot of the "skill" trees are boring as fuck except a few skills buried balls deep somewhere near the bottom usually.
>>
>>383365934
>incredibly repetitive
>Fallout 3 comparison
Yep. You're playing the wrong game, dude. This is Diablo with Guns, not Fallout with Cel-Shading.

This game is combat and loot-grinding with some funny jokes. That's it. If you aren't into the loot-grind part of RPG's, this isn't the RPG for you, period.

>barreling through the main quest
this shows how much you fundamentally misunderstand the game. The first you beat it is just that--- the FIRST time you beat it, just like every other Diablo clone you run through the whole thing again to get even stronger loot.
>>
File: Torgue_Intro_1.jpg (211KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Torgue_Intro_1.jpg
211KB, 1280x720px
It is really fun up until when it stops being fun. If you stop having fun you have run the game out of funness. At that point it is no longer fun. If you find yourself farming legendary loot midgets in wildlife preserve you are in denial and stopped having fun weeks ago.
>>
>>383366178

So World of Warcraft is a good game?
>>
>>383358468
>diablo
>challenging
lmao
>>
>>383366639
t. person who never played past normal difficulty
>>
>>383366550
Uh, yes. It is. What kind of fucking question that? You mean the MMO every other MMO has tried to copy or directly juxtapose itself to?

Yeah, it's pretty good.
>>
>>383367106
Everquest was better. But both eq and wow got rekt and now it's irrelevant
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.