[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm working on setting up a speedrun tournament.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

File: Titan.png (120KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Titan.png
120KB, 600x400px
Please criticize me, you guys are best at identifying problems. Not so good at solutions, but that's fine.

I'll just run it on here. It is 32 entrant, single elimination. I'll run it on some weekend and assemble a bracket so everyone knows when and what games they are playing, they will have time to practice. I am not sure if I should do a qualifying round and take the 32 fastest players of a given game, or just do a random selection of interested people. If it was random selection I'd just do some thread and take emails of anyone interested and draw the names from a hat. There will be no cost to enter, I think, and I'll give the winner a cash prize. It will all be internet races, racing in sync, not actually racing versus eachother in the same physical location.

These are the games I am considering using for the tournament:

Super Mario 1 - 3, Lost Levels, and World
Sonic the Hedgehog 1 - 3
Donkey Kong Country 1 - 3
Mega Man 2, 4, 5
Kirby's Dreamland
Tiny Toons Adventures
Resident Evil
Dino Crisis
Mega Man X
The Legend of Zelda: A link to the Past
Super Castlevania IV
Super Metroid
TMNT

(First player to defeat final boss advances, glitches and warps to get there permitted.)

Tetris
Super Buster Bros.
Pac-Man
Space Invaders
Bust-A-Move
Dr. Mario
Bubble Bobble
Contra

(First player to receive a game over is eliminated, or if neither player game overs, first one to beat the game advances. No cheat codes permitted.)

Please point out if there are any insta-finish glitches in those games or something. I don't think there is, or if there is, it's tricky to do, so it will be interesting to see if they want to take a risk with glitching or just beat it normally.
>>
File: Untitled.png (147KB, 1068x830px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
147KB, 1068x830px
rough bracket idea
>>
How are you going to keep track of all the people and their scores?
>>
File: 1498278369679.gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1498278369679.gif
2MB, 500x375px
if it's all online and we're essentially using an honor code, i suggest using a game with a save file that shows playtime so that participants can post a timestamp with their times whenever they finish, and in the second part as there is no physical indication as to when any player actually loses, you might want to make it whoever has the highest score once they run out of lives, sending a timestamp accordingly. You should make it clear that if a participant is suspected of any sort of cheating they will be disqualified immediately with no leeway. Since there will be an actual cash prize, integrity and an even playing field are of the utmost importance if you intend to ever have another tourney. I suggest you tripfag in order make it clear and convenient for people to know what you're saying.

Thats all I can think of for right now, hope this catches on
>>
>>383350546
I'd be watching a lot of it myself, but it would take a whole weekend to get through these games, I would have to sleep sometime, so I would lean on other the regular viewers somewhat. I have no doubt that someone attempting to cheat might fool me alone, but likely won't fool every viewer.

The races/battles would be livestreamed side by side, so shouldn't need the photocaps. When I do start it, I will use a tripcode.

>>383350360
shouldn't be that hard to keep track, why do you think I couldn't?
>>
File: misato.gif (1022KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
misato.gif
1022KB, 500x281px
I wonder if people will suddenly be interested when I post the thread asking for entrants. Having a hard time predicting interest.
>>
>>383350823
livestreaming sounds good, wasn't 100% sure if that was the case though

one more thing that came to me though is that if we do in fact use
>>383350308
as the bracket for the tourney, you should pick one game for everyone to play so that the seeding actually is determined by gaming skill as opposed to randomly selecting interested people
>>
>>383351613
well, that'd be a qualifying round, so it wouldn't change the bracket much. If I were to do that, my qualifier would likely be Mario 1, warps, but no glitches, fastest 32 people enter. Then I'd just take mario 1 off the tournament bracket, probably put yoshi's island or some shit in.

I wonder if 32 people will care to run mario, and also, it might be amusing to let less competent people into the tournament to see how it goes.
>>
File: 3-whitemagerefia-a.jpg (64KB, 400x700px) Image search: [Google]
3-whitemagerefia-a.jpg
64KB, 400x700px
>>
File: 1470163831659.jpg (931KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
1470163831659.jpg
931KB, 1024x724px
>>
>>383353845
>tfw you will never get drunk with samas who is your gf

JUST
>>
File: 1468002422663.jpg (80KB, 521x700px) Image search: [Google]
1468002422663.jpg
80KB, 521x700px
>>383354045
she looks adorable and ready but honestly she's probably into metroids, the way she is drinking with them and letting them steal her panties
>>
>>383354314
Maybe their just being nice after all they've tried to do
>>
>>383353845
Her right foot has some fucked up toes.
>>
>>383354681
holy shit that's a long toe
>>
File: angel.png (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
angel.png
2MB, 1600x1200px
>>383354681
yeah I'd like to lay you down but your toe is too long

gg samus but I'm going home
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.