[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /v/ think about the first bioschock? i think it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

what does /v/ think about the first bioschock? i think it's boring so far gameplay wise. Just trying to get through it before I play Infinite.
>>
>>383347843
You're trying to "get through" a great game so you can play a fucking terrible one? Fuck off.
>>
Bioshock is pretty shit its pretty much system shock in water which isnt as fun as it sounds. Infinite at least is fun to play so skip the first 2 games and go straight to that.
>>
bioshock 2 is better than bioshock 1
>>
>>383348832
Cool. Would i miss a whole lot story-wise?
>>
Hey retard, if you want to bait people with your shit taste, check the catalog first. There is already a thread.

>>383328086
>>
>>383349473
infinite's gameplay is horrible I have no idea what the other anon is saying. There is one section that's a giant Bioshock 1 reference and there's the DLC for infinite that takes you back to Rapture but otherwise know. Bioshock 2 has the best gameplay in the series
>>
>>383349473
just bioshock 1's amazing story
>>
File: 1478555151054.jpg (28KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
1478555151054.jpg
28KB, 310x310px
Friendly reminder that Bioshock 2 is far and away the best contemporary Shock game. 1 has better atmosphere, more novelty and a more compelling villain, and nothing else.

Infinite is of course a pile of dog shit.
>>
>>383347843

I always liked the concept Bioshock but I could never finish it because of how outdated it feels.
>>
splicers spook the fuck outta me
>>
>>383347843
Infinite is the worst in the series but definitely play 2, it's pretty fun
>>
I had a lot of fun with 1 & 2, Infinite was terrible. The two weapon limit in Infinite made everything a chore.
>>
I didn't like Bioshock 1, stopped there. The story and atmosphere were good, but the gameplay and combat were trash, imo. The non-Big Daddy enemies were also uninteresting and annoying. A shooter that wasn't fun to shoot in.
>>
>>383351617
Hmmm....I will stand by you in that 2 is fantastic, people say its the weakest in the series.
Even if it is, its still a bioshock game.

It does, without question, have the best combat in the whole series
>>
Took me years to play through 1. Meh, being here when it came out exposed me to the entire game.
2 was pretty great to play, I felt more attached to Rapture.

I played Infinite first and it's trash.
>>
People who say Bioshock 2 is better or equal to Bioshock 1 are the same people who say Greg Baldwin is really close to Mako's voice for Aku.
>>
It IS boring. It's the most overhyped and overrated game of its era. Trust me though, Infinite will make up for it in fucking SPADES. Then its DLC will make you appreciate having struggled through Bioshock.

btw as everyone else has noted you can skip Bioshock 2 entirely.
>>
>>383352762
2's gameplay is superior to 1's
2's story never hits the highs (Everything up to Andrew Ryan) or the lows (Everything after) of 1's either
>>
>>383352762
I suppose I'm the exception that proves your rule?
If you want to properly do your analogy, people who say Bioshock 2 is equal to 1 are the people who say nuJack is equal to old Jack.
>>
>>383352762

2's combat feels better. Having access to a plasmid and a weapon at the same time gave you some good options for ways to deal with enemies. 1 had better atmosphere, story, and the movement felt better.
>>
File: 1391750466286.jpg (23KB, 452x452px) Image search: [Google]
1391750466286.jpg
23KB, 452x452px
>>383347843
I think of it as a good sample of a consolitis victim
it had potential to being a great game, but it has so many deep flaws, that stem from it being developed with mainly consoles in mind
sad, many such cases
>>
>>383349276
I agree
>>
Only virgin communists like bioshit because it "shows the evil of capitalism" Andrew Ryan literally did nothing wrong
>>
>>383353350
andrew was a capitalist though, like a mega capitalist.
>>
>>383347843
Finished Bioshock 2 yesterday and it was fantastic. Really so much better than any modern game, and you can say that about the majority of last gen games.
>>
>>383354001
Exactly and he's portrayed as the "big bad businessman" in the game
>>
>>383352894
Only the actual confrontation with Ryan held any real weight, and that's because of the sting of the big reveal. The rest was just a theme park ride of the various "I took X too far, look how fucked up I am" of Rapture. It's fun, I love The Weird World of Rapture, but I'll take the incredibly human stories of 2 any day of the week.

The simply logs of Sinclair and some random gutter trash both cackling about how they screwed each other over in the syringe deal is one of the best sub-plots in any game I've ever played. It does so much both on a small, personal level, and on a larger, thematic level, despite being only like 20 lines total, if that. I can barely remember a single log from 1 that isn't just the spectacle of Cohen being a nutter.
>>
>>383353350
>>383354001
>>383354889
It's a brainlets don't understand Andrew Ryan was the true libertarian wet dream episode
>>
File: How high SBaHJ.jpg (35KB, 347x304px) Image search: [Google]
How high SBaHJ.jpg
35KB, 347x304px
>>383355975
>It's a jackasses don't understand Andrew Ryan was a stand in for the dangers of extremist ideology, not the condemnation of any specific philosophy
>>
>>383356229
>episode

Sorry, forgot to finish my shit meme.
>>
>>383354889
Not really he just allowed freedom for stuff like plasmids and the little sisters and it got out of hand with Fontaine scheming against the whole city.
>>
>>383353350
Rapture only went to Hell because Ryan abandoned his Objectionist and Laissez-Faire beliefs.
>>
>>383347843
I actually think the first Bioshock is better than Infinite, even though I liked Infinite's setting more.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.