[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are CRPGS so fucking comfy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: wizardry-6-7-27004.jpg (492KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wizardry-6-7-27004.jpg
492KB, 1280x720px
Why are CRPGS so fucking comfy?
>>
It a only genre that let you play as a lizard and not label an evil race
>>
>>383347093
>plethora of options
>relaxing pace
>nostalgia
>lets you live out fantasies
D&D, LOTR, Conan, Indiana Jones etc. are cultural icons and CRPGs let the user have some semblance of the experience of going on an adventure.
>>
>>383347093
Are the SNES remakes of these any good?
>>
>>383347093
I can't ever get past character creation. It's too fucking complicated and drives me nuts
>>
>>383349549
I hear it simplifies certain systems like Conversation and maybe Lockpicking iirc which might be up your alley if you want to focus more on combat and char. customisation.
>>
>>383347093
no recomendations for first time player newfags?
>>
>>383347093
>playing the same retro game as me
spooked lad what was your starting lineup
>>
>>383350960
Use cosmicforge and select the option to improve your rolls if you hate rolling for 30 minutes for a 15+ score. No harm there the odds are way too low normally considering you have to fully create then cancel to reroll again.
>>
>>383353629
Most of the old CRPGs like this you get on GoG if you pay for them come with both the manuals and the Hold Your Hand guide which are super detailed because thats how it was done back when. wiz 6 7 and 8 are more middle of the road to difficult, might and magic is probably a better one to cut your teeth in. The first 2 might and magic games are turn based like you'd expect but 3 and beyond they change up the formula a little.
>>
>>383349549
it's great
>>
>>383347093
>early wizardry games
>comfy

I mean, sure. If you're a masochist.
>>
File: deathlord.jpg (447KB, 737x735px) Image search: [Google]
deathlord.jpg
447KB, 737x735px
>>383354698
>he thinks wizardry was tough
Wiz 4 was ridiculous, but the others were well balanced compared to other games at the time.
>>
>>383354565
is there any reason to play pc versions of 1-5 over the snes/psx versions?
>>
>>383355858
having them all in one place and using cosmicforge on your save files to check out the guts of the game mechanics out of curiosity. shit like that
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.