[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GTA 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 250px-GTA3boxcover.jpg (27KB, 250x323px) Image search: [Google]
250px-GTA3boxcover.jpg
27KB, 250x323px
This was one of my favorite games as a child. I recently dug out my PS2 to play some old games, and when I plugged this in I was surprised at how different it was than I remembered it. Awkward models, weird textures, lifeless streets, it's objectively not that grrat of a game. Definitely did not stand up to the test of time.

So /v/, what are your thoughts on GTA 3?
>>
>>383341471
It looks and plays like absolute shit. Both San Andreas and Vice City are infinitely superior.
>>
>>383341471

I think, while its recognized as influential, its quality is underrated. Its atmosphere is still among the best in gaming: its gloomy and grety, but oddly comfy at the same time, and the city has a surprsiing amount of detail. The missions are also leaner and more fun compared to the other gmaes.
>>
>>383341471
The single most revolutionary game of our lifetime. Actual 10/10
>>
>>383341736
Vice City has the inferior map though.
>>
>>383341471
It hasn't aged well and GTA VC/SA are superior in every way but it was a pretty big deal back in 2001 and really ground breaking. There was nothing like it at the time or at least executed as well, it was a huge improvement over Rockstar's (DMA Design at the time) previous open world game Body Harvest on the N64 which suffered a lot just from the hardware limitations.
>>
>>383342423
As in Liberty City > Vice City
>>
>>383341471
>muh grafix
You don't like games. You like pretty pictures.
>>
>>383343560
He's one of those consolefags that beg for remasters.
>>
>>383341803
Oh this.

GTA3 on a foggy day reminds me of Silent Hill. And with the voice of NPC resonating weirdly, it's like the voices in Claude's psychopathic head.
>>
File: 20170104203233_1.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
20170104203233_1.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
the edge of the game world
>>
>>383342534
This writes like something you can read off wikipedia
>>
>>383341471
I played it a year ago at the start of a complete GTA replay.

It played exactly as I remembered. It was great to see the old places and characters. Those dead streets and fog were key to the atmosphere back in the day. I love that ps2 era 3d world design that gets the scale all wrong.
>>
>replaying just today
>get to Love's Disappearence
>that sudden mission complete

Does anyone want to explain what the hell that was?
>>
>>383346661

They needed a cutscene to explain that the character wasn't going to be in the game anymore, and didn't have an actual mission to go with it.
>>
>>383341471
Best Radio in gta series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn7ku4_zOWg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMkdtMQH7WM
>>
>>383343560
Presentation is important.

And it's not just the graphics. Compare the difference between roaming the overworld in GTA 3 and GTA 5.
>>
>Definitely did not stand up to the test of time.

Yes it did, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>383347136
PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
>>
OP here.

I think the problem with 3d is that it gets outdated too quickly. Kind of like with CGI in the Star Wars prequels. I can play Mega Man classic and not have a problem with the graphics, but when I play GTA 3 the older graphics stick out like a sore thumb
>>
>>383341803
>Its atmosphere is still among the best in gaming
this.
It has a certain feel to it that makes the city come to life
I personally turned the trails (motion blur) off, but a lot of people played with it on. I always thought it looked better off.
>>
>>383341471
is the steam version total shit like VC and SA?
>>
>>383347136
AND WE GON GIIIIVE IT AAAAAALL THAT WE GOOOOOOOOT
>>
I bought the trilogy on sale on PS4 back in December. San Andreas will always hold up because it's that good. I was never really much of a fan of Vice City but I guess I enjoyed it.

GTA and GTA2 was when I first started playing the series. The first thing I noticed when I played GTA3 2 months ago, was that you get a SHIT LOAD of money for completing missions. I don't know if GTA SA and GTA IV ruined me or what, but I don't ever remember getting shitload of money like that when I originally played GTA 3. Or maybe it was because I was so used to just putting in cheat codes and wrecking havoc that I never paid attention to the money? I mean even the missions in Vice City give you a shit load of cash. You don't start making any real money until you unlock the final island in SA and IV.
>>
>>383347162
Like how empty 5 is?
>>
>>383349043
UNTOUCHABLES....SEAN CONNER GOT KILLED...YALL NIGGAS CHILL FOR YO MOMMA GET KILLED...AND WE GON GIVE IT ALLLLLLL THAT WE GOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.....DONT STOP KEEP RISING TO THE TOP....ALL MY NIGGAS KEEP RISING TO THE TOPPPPPPPPPPP
>>
>>383347136

Yes! Let's talk about this. It is the last GTA game with original music and I love it. KISS FM for life that Y2K feeling.
>>
>>383349178
IT AIN'T NO THANG BUT A CHICKEN WANG... AND A BIG BUTT LAYIN ON YO LAP
>>
>>383349309
The very first song that plays on the radio when you start the game is pretty cool.
>>
>>383346661
originally the mission to explain his absence after that involved a plane crash, but then 9/11 happened
>>
>>383347136
>tfw listening to Chatterbox FM for hours
>>
>>383349353
SOMETHING BY A STRANGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...GAMEEEEEEEEE RADIOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>383349665

Hello Petunia the Pinky, meet Barney the Thumb.
>>
>>383350210
Y'ever had carrier pigeon? It's like a fortune cookie with wings attached!
>>
>>383349691
STREEEETCH AARMSTROOOOOONG IS NOOOOOW IN YOUR WOOOOORLD
>>
File: anon.gif (233KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
anon.gif
233KB, 300x400px
>>383347136
We need more drum & bass music in games
>>
>>383351347
Drum 'n bass is dead.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.