[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

Is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate a good place to get into the franchise and if it is should I get it on Wii U or 3DS? I am gonna on a long vacation in August so I might want the 3DS version but I want to play the game on Wii U so I can play it with a controller.
>>
Get 4U
>>
>>383328772
get 4U or gen, offer alot more content and neither game really loses anything from 3U (
except barioth and barroth never 4get)
>>
3U is on the easier side of MH games. I'd say give it a whirl
Also if it's in your budget, get both. You can transfer save data between the Wii U and 3DS.
>>
>>383329348
>3U is on the easier side of MH games.
Factually wrong
>>
>>383328772
Don't listen to 4U fags, Monster Hunter is not meant to have a gay ass story.

Start with the best game. MHFU.
>>
>>383329543
I don't have a PSP
>>
>>383328772
The games are identical aside from some technical stuff.

Wii U stays around 30fps, has input lag, and can do online play. Big screen better controller.

3DS runs around 45fps+ with 3D turned off but can't play online without tethering to a WiiU console or something. Also tiny screen.
>>
I started with 3U, went to 4U, then went back and tried FU and P3rdHD, then Generations. My two cents is that 4U is the most complete and fun of all of them and probably a great place for you to step in. 3U's fine and if you want to be able to play it on console later it's your best option but 4U upgraded some QoL, buffed/tweaked a lot of weapons and overall feels best to me.
>>
>>383330034
Also invest in a circle pad pro. Best 20 bucks I ever spent and after moving to a N3DS I miss it like crazy
>>
Everyone is saying 4U is the best so I'm ask some questions.

1. Are the controls fine for a 3DD game?

2. Does it have a lot of content?

3. Is there a demo on the eshop?

4. How much does it cost currently?
>>
File: 7d1.jpg (49KB, 600x649px) Image search: [Google]
7d1.jpg
49KB, 600x649px
>>383330161
I have a 2DS
>>
>>383330216
1. yeah, for the most part

2. hell yeah

3. Yes

4.stil 30 on the eshop probably but most retailers that have still have it sell it for 15-20, maybe less. Check amazon.
>>
>>383330216

>1. Are the controls fine for a 3DD game?
Controls feel great, very responsive. As you get used to the series movement becomes second nature. For an MH game I feel it has some of truest hit/hurt boxes which are as important as your actual grip on your character. Starting with it you won't pick up any bad habits like Gen or p3rd teach
>2. Does it have a lot of content?
Fucking tons. I have over 600 hours in the game and I only just upgraded my license to the last rank in the last fifty
>3. Is there a demo on the eshop?
All 3DS MHs have demos
>4. How much does it cost currently?
It goes on sale for $20 a lot, especially when Capcom is doing promotions.
>>
>>383330707
Checked amazon. It sells for $10 - $20 used and $20 - $32 new. Is it worth it new?
>>
>>383331030
Used games are always a gamble, less so with a cartridge based game though.

IMO yeah 10 extra bucks to make sure the copy works is fine, and 20 bucks is great price for such a great game
>>
>>383328772
Nah going forward the games are very different in terms of the core gameplay.
>>
the tiki things from 3U are so much better than the fucking gay cats
>>
>>383331860
After reading some reviews and reading all the posts on this thread I have decided to get Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. Thanks to everyone who posted.
>>
>>383332223
if you like it but want a little something extra, get Generations later on, or MH3U on Wii U
>>
>>383329657
PPSSPP
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.