[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Smash Run

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault (9).jpg (38KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (9).jpg
38KB, 480x360px
Just saw first draft of a trailer scheduled to be shown during Nintendo's September Direct.

Super Smash Bros Run (working title) is a port/remake of Super Smash Brothers Wii U/3DS coming to the Switch with heavy emphesis on expanding the Smash Run game mode into a full game.

Some noteworthy features highlighted in the 5 minute trailer, in order of appearence:
>At least 5 brand new premade Smash Run maps, each representing a different nintendo franchise
Of the 5 shown in the trailer we see maps representing Donkey Kong, Metroid, Super Mario, Kirby, and Pikmin. Each had enemies exclusive to the franchise the stage is based on.
>Full character roster (including previous DLC) unlocked from the start
>Bosses and other expanded events
The bosses in the trailer showcased King K Rool, Ridley, and Dynablade. Events included turning the stage completely upsidedown, every item replaced by an assist trophy, and a giant thwamp bulldozing down the middle of the stage, leaving a huge hole in the stage. The trailer mentions that there are over 200 different events and bosses
>Custom stages with the ability to mix and match franchise themes
To go a bit in deapth with this, the customization seemed to be based a weird "block" system where you click together sections of stage to create your own. For example, one section of stage might have a spring with an opening at the top, while another would have an opening at the bottom leading to a new section. The player could click these pieces together so a character could take the spring and jump up into the above area. Alternatively, if the block with the bottom open was placed with nothing under it, it would function as a bottomless pit.
>Huge amount of rule customization
The trailer showcased the ability to set a specific theme for the stage, enemies, bosses and events. Or mash all the themes up.
>Randomizer that creates a completely random Smash Run stage
>12+ players able to play at once.
>Online and voice chat
Cont..
>>
Of course every regular smash mode is also included. Didn't show the full roster of stages, but the trailer did show stages from both the 3ds and Wii u version of the game.
>Full story mode
This might be where I lose a couple of you guys but the last minute or so was dedicated to showing the story mode. It looks similar to subspace from Brawl, but it's pretty obvious all the story mode stages are simply made up from chunks of different Smashrun stages. The big part of this though by far is the fully voice acted cutscenes. The trailer doesn't show much story wise, and what it did, I couldn't understand because unfortunately the audio was untranslated. What I did see though was a shot of Bowser talking to Bowser Jr, Donkey Kong saying something to seemingly nobody, and Fox and Samus shouting at each other as they fight. It was actually really visually impressive. Visuals on par with the fighter introductions leading up to Smash 4.

That pretty much wraps up the trailer. If you want me to go a bit in deapth with what I saw, don't be afraid to ask.
>>
Is it going to have Sans, from Undertale?
>>
>>383322051
It has Ness already
>>
>>383322051
Please let it have Sans, from Undertale.
>>
>>383322051
I'd rather have Brown Bricks from Minecrap.
>>
>>383321862
>with heavy emphesis on expanding the Smash Run game mode into a full game.
That would confirm Sakurai's involvement. Only that fucker actually likes smash run and that wiiu board game shit.
>>
File: 1445094906922.jpg (9KB, 299x293px) Image search: [Google]
1445094906922.jpg
9KB, 299x293px
>>383321862
>coming to the Switch with heavy emphesis on expanding the Smash Run game mode into a full game.
>Smash Run game mode into a full game.
>>
>>383323919
Smash run was fine. That party mode shit was the abomination
>>
So it's just Smash 4 for the Switch but more focused on Smash Run? okey
>>
I'll bite. Are there ANY new characters at all?
>>
>>383321862

Why would they be working on the trailer so early?
>>
>>383322160
They already have Ness
>>
File: 1462314012819.png (37KB, 188x229px) Image search: [Google]
1462314012819.png
37KB, 188x229px
>This pasta again

Christ
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.