[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GTA IV Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: gta-iv-niko-in-the-rain.jpg (73KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
gta-iv-niko-in-the-rain.jpg
73KB, 1024x576px
I am interested in what you guys think makes for the best ending for this game. While many seem to think that "Deal" is more climactic and satisfying, I actually think the symbolism behind the Revenge ending is better. Deal is more immediately climactic, but I think Revenge has more interesting take-aways.

Roman dying is obviously more dramatic, but Kate McReary symbolizes the idea of purity. Niko loves being around her, because she represents a kind of impossible ideal for him, an escape from his past life. It's like the rottenness of the city, and the criminal lifestyle of the McReary brothers, has not been able to touch her. Even the fact that she never "puts out" emphasizes her purity, and how it's impossible for Niko to truly obtain her. As they're driving to the wedding, they talk about how Niko is finally going to put his criminal life behind him, and Kate might wants to make the relationship more serious. But as soon as things are looking up, she is killed. Where Roman's arc was mostly about being kidnapped or hurt several times, you having to save him every time, the story of Kate dying presents a more interesting "this ideal is getting closer and closer to reality, but is stopped". And stopped because Pegorino was simply angry and vindictive and bitter.

(1/2)
>>
Yeah, sounds right.
>>
(2/2)

Pegorino hasn't been hounding you all game like Dimitri, but there is something weirdly poetic about the final fight being against him. He is the end of the "chain" that you have been working your way up all game. Roman introduces you to Mallorie, who introduces you to Elizabeta, who introduces you to Packie, who introduces you to Ray, who introduces you to Phil, who finally lets you meet Pegorino. But he had a dream, like Niko, but his was finally getting on the commission and getting the respect of the five families. It would never happen. I think he as a final villain, better represents the tradegy of the American dream, and an impossible ideal that will never come to fruition. The final fight between Niko and Pegorino is almost stupid and pointless, two angry men who are mostly just acting off emotion, but their rage and sadness and confusion - and the meaningless of it all - really underscores the game's themes.

Finally, I think it's really cool symbolism how the mission where you kill Dimitri, takes place on the Platypus, the boat you arrived on. It's neat how you walk off the boat after killing him, and it's almost like the first time Niko entered Liberty City.
>>
>>383318029
Fag
>>
Lol. I dated the really rich chick iirc for lulz
Roman >>>>> Kate
One is your cousin, who provided a home for you when you came to America
The other is some chick you date like twice.
I bet you killed dwayne too
>>
>>383318469
Dwayne was a loser who was too clingy. Dude was a hard as fuck banger but came across as a fucking puss, putting him out his misery after become a fag is a mercy
>>
>>383318240
>The final fight between Niko and Pegorino is almost stupid and pointless, two angry men who are mostly just acting off emotion, but their rage and sadness and confusion - and the meaningless of it all - really underscores the game's themes

Well, first off, you're an autist for being this serious about this, but congratulations since this frase itself, if slightly modified for each ocasion, can almost resume the entire game.
>>
One provides free transportation, the other doesn't offer anything.
>>
>>383318635
>Playboy: A bling bling gangster who says he's gonna help the hood but all he does is spend money on himself
>Dwayne: A washed up criminal, has seem some real shit. Actually cares about people
More simply tho:
Some cash
Vs.
Playboy's rad apartment
>>
File: RadioBrokerad.png (96KB, 468x214px) Image search: [Google]
RadioBrokerad.png
96KB, 468x214px
>mate is replaying this game
>been streaming radio broker while driving for the last week
here's your free bump op
>>
>>383318873
Fair enough, you get too much money anyway and that apartment is pretty rad
>>
>>383318029
>>383318240
I get what you're saying but I think that Deal is the canon ending or at least the perfect conclusion.
First third of the game you're settling in and saving Roman from loan sharks and debt, while just getting deeper into shit. (Vlad's death is the point of no return for Niko at having a chance of a normal life in Liberty City). Arc effectively ends when you're settled in Algonquin and can temporarily forget about Russians.
Second arc mostly deals with Niko getting money and gaining friends and allies while he's searching for Florian, and getting US Government off his ass.
Third arc deals with Niko desperately looking for Darko and getting involved in Alderney mob shit.
Once he's dealt with Darko (either sparing or killing him), he's already got enough cash and is ready to retire from crime, having dealt with his past demons.
But then Dimitri shows up with the deal. Roman urges him to go for it. It seems like a simple deal that will pretty much guarantee Bellics a normal life for good. So Niko goes for it, knowing that revenge won't solve anything (Darko situation), but Dimitri fucks him over and kills his cousin. His love interest leaves him and he's all alone left with the few friends he has. It's a tragic ending of the American dream.
>>
Kiki best girl
>>
>>383321038
This nigga knows whats up
>>
File: 190o5vkx4uu0sjpg.jpg (107KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
190o5vkx4uu0sjpg.jpg
107KB, 800x450px
how do i get the game to look like this?
>>
>>383321197
by downloading sleeping dogs
>>
>stay idle for a few seconds
>camera starts bouncing around

Did this drive anyone else crazy?
>>
>>383318029
Revenge ending is the best ending. It's darker and fits the mood of the game better.
>>
NIKO MY COUSIN
>>
>>383325170
You want to go bowling sometime?
>>
GTA IV is the ultimate pleb filter. Shame about the the two DLCs that turned it into total schlock. Also it makes me nostalgic for 2000s indie rock/pop/dance punk because of Radio Broker.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
17KB, 480x360px
I'M LEAVING WITH ROMAN
>>
>>383321038

She really is. And I'm not talking about the stalking stuff. I'm talking about the conversations. She is very thoughtful, I love the serious conversations. I was impressed they put in those really serious, interesting convos between her and Niko, and not just more "lol satire of everything" shit
>>
Its a decent game, wish it wasn't so brown, cloudy and broody.

Like jesus, the sky is grey 90% of the time.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.