[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Objectively overpowered characters in fighting games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10

File: cloud-jpg[1].87764_.jpg (145KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
cloud-jpg[1].87764_.jpg
145KB, 1280x854px
ITT: Objectively overpowered characters in fighting games
>>
>>383314203
I LIKE THAT JUMP
>>
If he was objectively overpowered Zero would be riding Cloud into the sunset but he isn't and Cloud isn't, he's just profoundly not fun to play against and can give low skill players performance beyond their ability, which is really unfortunate.
>>
I love playing as Cloud, suck my dick shitter
>>
>>383315479
mostly correct opinion right here.
>>
>smash
>fighting game
>>
>Beyo's 0-hit combo
>>
>>383315479
Bayonetta is clearly the best character but zero didn't bandwagon her
>>
>>383314203
This character model looks so much better. Why didn't they make the remake look like this instead?
>>
>>383315872
Bayo doesn't win tournaments. She's literally only S-tier due to residual salt from her getting in, because the Smash 4 competitive scene is run by a bunch of big time rosterfags.

Even pre-nerf Bayonetta wasn't performing well in real tournaments. People just made a bunch of cool looking combo videos comboing on unmanned ragdolls not trying to DI at all and /r/smashbros and smashboards (people who don't belong here and the only kind of people who hold this terrible, terrible uninformed opinion) lost their shit.
>>
>>383316178

Why couldn't they get Burton to record some new lines, or literally rip them from Dissidia?
>>
>>383316969
I think this realismish way they are going about this remake is a determent. They would have been much better off going in a more fantasy route with the game. I've said it before the remake was even announced to even though I knew more a less how the remake was going to look if they did it. Can't say I'm surprised they are choosing the Advent Children look over something more fantasy like.
>>
>>383317337

That doesn't answer my question though, Steve Burton has been voicing Cloud in the West since AC/KH, but they couldn't get him for Smash?
>>
File: 570528-img_6.jpg (22KB, 551x640px) Image search: [Google]
570528-img_6.jpg
22KB, 551x640px
>>
>>383317928
I get your frustration here but I guess it is because they just couldn't get him for whatever reason. Maybe he was tied up doing other things?
>>
File: Elric.jpg (43KB, 450x649px) Image search: [Google]
Elric.jpg
43KB, 450x649px
The Protagonist in every major RPG since records began.
>>
File: -db6c5rb.jpg (111KB, 1024x742px) Image search: [Google]
-db6c5rb.jpg
111KB, 1024x742px
This is Rainbow Mika.
She is the most powerful fighter ever.
>>
>>383315479
>Zero would be riding Cloud into the sunset
For a good while he tried to. As soon as Sheik stopped getting him free wins, Zero dropped her and went full tryhard with Cloud
>>
File: O MY NEN LISTEN WELL.png (458KB, 638x487px) Image search: [Google]
O MY NEN LISTEN WELL.png
458KB, 638x487px
>>383314203
>Smash
>fighting game
>>
File: most broken character.png (49KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
most broken character.png
49KB, 220x220px
>>383314203
>>
File: 350px-BBCP_Kokonoe_Portrait.png (207KB, 350x536px) Image search: [Google]
350px-BBCP_Kokonoe_Portrait.png
207KB, 350x536px
>>383320436
He's not even A tier.
>>
>>383320945
Doesn't matter, his side special is unstoppable horseshit.
>>
File: zato-acc.jpg (1MB, 1816x2500px) Image search: [Google]
zato-acc.jpg
1MB, 1816x2500px
This asshole. Some characters are just designed in a way that makes them strong, regardless of the game. You would really have to go out of your way to make them shit.
Example include eddie, sol, akuma, rolento, balrog, kyo, benimaru, iori.
>>
File: stev.png (33KB, 1198x775px) Image search: [Google]
stev.png
33KB, 1198x775px
>>383314203
>>
>>383320945
>he
>>
>>383320436
Oh my fucking God, THIS.

He's by no means top tier, but holy fucking shit is he irritating as fuck to fight, ESPECIALLY in 2v2. Way too much shit to push this fucker into broken territory in 2v2.
>Projectile attack that covers the ENTIRE stage, charges quickly, AND stuns you on impact
>also, if you predict it and try to counter attack, Corrin is still safe due to that stupid fucking bite attack.
>Side Smash with insane reach, and a tipper bonus to boot
>oh, and you can't hurt Corrin while he's charging it cause Sakurai felt it was fair to let Corrin have a hurtbox 60° above him while charging the attack
>USmash that comes out stupid fast and earns early kills with tipper
>has priority on nearly ALL his aerials, outranging even Cloud
>Stupid good recovery, impossible to scrub kill
>Side B is game breaking on 2v2, also for 1v1 it has too many options for either avoid or attack making whifs impossible to punish. It's a stupid good move that scrubs just throw out all the tine cause it's so safe, like the majority of Corrin's moves
>it's also great recovery, because why not
>also, as if his ranged combat wasn't already great, let's also give this fucker a counter because he can't have any weaknesses at all
>you play an aggressive character? Haha, well fuck you
>thank god his counter got nerfed, but good god isn't it just a dandy get out of jail free card for Corrin users
>it's like if you were given infinite Bursts in Blazblue, wow, such great game design

Corrin is so safe, it's incredibly irritating to fight him, and he's super boring to use. He is the ultimate scrub carrier. How anyone could think having a character like this in a fighting game is good design is beyond me.

Fuck Sakurai, Corrin is living proof that that hack has no idea what he's doing with this series anymore.
>>
>>383321736
Oh yeah, and I forgot to add that Corrin has virtually no landing lag on the majority of his aerial attacks. What a ridiculous fucking character. Even a monkey could play him.

Fuck Corrin, I hate fighting that little shit so goddamn much.
>>
>>383319493
this, smash is a party game
>>
>>383321736
I only play Smash 4 with a couple of people and one of them "mains" Corrin, but every time he goes into him I pick Lucas or Fox, or Mewtwo. I know it isn't an end all be all solution but I rarely lose aside from the counter bullshit, but only because those 3 characters are pretty light. Ness and Lucas especially are good though. You might absorb the stun, you might reflect it... who knows...

But we're all pretty bad at the game by /v/'s standards especially so my opinion is slightly above meaningless.
>>
>tfw my fav character to play is countered by most top tiers

guess who
>>
>>383319151
He was asked on Twitter if he was contacted, he wasn't. They just didn't care about the DLC that much. I mean, 2 songs for a fucking FF7 stage?
>>
>>383322312
I only ever played against /v/ once, and this was before Cloud came out. I ranked first until I stopped playing.

The majority of people here aren't very good, and /v/ tourneys are FFAs anyway, so it doesn't matter. I wouldn't take anyone here says seriously at all.

In 1v1, I can handle Corrin alright if I go with Link, since his bombs and boomerang really disrupt Corrin's flow. Someone like Cloud (who I normally play - I play an aggressive Cloud), gets massively wrecked by Corrin, as he's got nothing to really deal with him, but Corrin mains tend be predictable, so once I manage to get used to their flow, I can beat them, even with Cloud.

All of that changes when you play 2v2, which is what I normally play with my m8. All Corrin needs is an aggressive partner, and support him with his ranged attacks and his pins. If he runs into trouble, his Counter is super OP, as it can easily earn double KOs. If you're playing a competent Corrin-based team in 2v2, you're better off quiting, it's an uphill battle all the way through, with no proper counters, and even victory feels salty due to how irritating it is to fight people like this.

Like, there are characters in Smash with irritating or annoying moves, like Wario's super spammable bike for example, but overall, it's manageable. With Corrin, EVERYTHING about the character is incredibly irritating. Even his smug fucking voice. It's not that he's top tier, it's that he's too safe with very powerful moves, it's just a major pain in the ass to fight him, especially in 2v2.

Fuck Corrin mains, and especially those who waifu the girl version.
>>
File: genji-gameplay.jpg (58KB, 700x396px) Image search: [Google]
genji-gameplay.jpg
58KB, 700x396px
>Overpowered talking dildo jap *slashes behind you* that can't be countered by most heroes

What were they thinking?
>>
>>383316178
Nintendo wins again
>>
>>383322651
Ryu and Megaman too, god damn. Bayonetta was the only new 3rd-party that didn't get completely fucking shafted in music selection.
>>
>>383314203
>laughing ssf2t akuma in the distance
>>
>>383314203

He's strong, and I hate that he always has priority over my attacks, but he's far from my hatest character to fight as a Ganondorf main. He has a pretty glaring weakness, his recovery.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.