[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>4 dollars on PlayStation store Is it worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0393.jpg (42KB, 291x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0393.jpg
42KB, 291x320px
>4 dollars on PlayStation store

Is it worth it?
>>
no_
>>
>>383311823
if you don't give a shit about LOTR lore or don't get mad over asscreed combat, sure.
>>
For 4 bucks, yeah it's good.
Anything more? No
>>
>>383311823
Yes. The story is an insult to Tolkien and the books, but is fun to kill things.
>>
yea if u dont wanna save 4bucks

Piratelifeisbestlife
>>
Sure.
It's the only game that does BamHam combat well, and the Nemesis system is neat.
>>
Yes, it definitely wouldn't be worth it for full price.
>>
That's like bus fare.

Yes, it's worth it.
>>
>>383311823
If you are a lorefag, no.
If you enjoy the batman freeflow combat thing its pretty great, the custom orc thing is pretty fantastic too.
>>
only good thing about this game are the double counters where the wraith comes out of your body to make some sick ass moves

everything else is derivative crap
>>
It's going to be free this weekend
>>
>>383311823
sure.
-the combat becomes trivial.
-that ending.
-monotony starts settling.
-tacked on perk system.

but for 4 dollaroos? sure.
>>
it's batman arkham combat set in LotR universe
>>
AssCreed/Batman mix of playstyle with a novel enemy system that can get tedious and repetitive by the end. I bought it during the Steam Sale and don't regret it, but YMMV
>>
>>383311823
>there are people in this thread right now that don't think Orc Wrestling Manager 2014 is a good game
explain yourselves.
>>
>>383312080
>The story is an insult to Tolkien and the books
How so? I've heard the exact opposite multiple times
>>
>4 dollars
I doubt it would be so bad it wouldn't be worth at least 4 dollars.
>>
>>383312080
Its not even really fun to kill things, sword contacting enemies is weightless since its Batman combat
>>383311823
Its free on Steam for the weekend if you can do 42gb
>>
>>383311823

i wouldnt play that game if they GAVE ME A MILLION DOLLARS

they could literally put -$1,000,000,000 as the price of that game and i'd laugh and go back to shitposting on /v/

im 31 years old i dont need that game or money to do what i want which is shitpost all day on the internet, you children should learn this its the meaning of life fuck video games
>>
>>383316590
>sword contacting enemies is weightless
this ^
it isnt satisfying attacking enemies.
>>
haha, only ps4 didn't get a free weekend

#4theplayers.
>>
>>383311823
It would be good if it didn't do that slow motion bull shit in combat that there isn't even a setting to turn off.

FUCK.
>>
>>383316480
Please answer because lore is all i care about
Also how does it compare to Dragon's Dogma?
>>
>>383318446
Been over a decade since I read the books so I don't remember a whole lot and don't know what exactly they "shit on," but... probably has to do with the fact that you are a nigh-invincible one many army running around Mordor and killing all of Sauron's underlings and theoretically softening it up for Frodo and co. to destroy the Ring (although that part is not specifically mentioned)
Also interacting directly with Gollum
>>
>>383318446

So first ten seconds of the game features a bunch of people being murdered by Sauron for the purpose of Bringing celebrimbor back from the dead Who then Possesses the corpse of the last person murdered who the two of them go on a merry rampage through mordor oh and neither of them can die apparently because of all this.
>>
>>383318807
>>383319159
That does sound very crazy but if they explained it properly and it doesn't clash with the cannon i see no problem
>>
>>383311823
MANFILTH
>>
>>383319571

>Explain it properly
No

>Doesn't clash with canon
If you mean LOTR canon then no, it's fucked six ways from sunday. worse than the hobbit films.
>>
>>383311823
>no_
It's a steal for $4. Plays like Assassin's Creed but in the Lord of the Rings universe
>>
Get it on PC instead. It's the same price. I bought it a couple days ago and I'm having fun
>>
>>383319159
it wasn't sauron it was some cultist faggot
>>
>>383312080
That's every vidya adaption of anything ever.
>>
>>383312050
>asscreed combat

If you've not even fucking played the game, why comment? The combat is nothing like AC.
>>
>>383311823
Not even if it was free

>the absolute state of modern triple A games

I'm not even joking
>>
>>383313282
>m-muh nemisis system

This was a bad way of trying to make up for how this game is the most monotonous boring piece of crap I've ever seen try to go for $60 by miles
>>
File: s447897885005.jpg (130KB, 1000x550px) Image search: [Google]
s447897885005.jpg
130KB, 1000x550px
>>383311823
>>
>>383321647
Sauron is the final boss of this game? That seems kinda dumb.
>>
>>383320880
Not him but it's exactly like AC combat.

You're retarded
>>
>>383319846
The hobbit films didn't really break canon
>>
>>383321376
*sheathes skinny jeans*
>>
>>383322484
Not him but it really isn't. It's absolutely nowhere near as brain dead
>>
Is the entire game just running between different areas of ruins with enemies or am I just really early in the gameplay
>>
>>383323034
The most fun is assaulting strongholds to take out warchiefs
>>
>>383323034
Nah, that's pretty much it. The "story" missions have you do different versions of that, but still just that. If you aren't feeling the Nemesis system then you won't like the game
>>
File: 1499476529071.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499476529071.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
>>383323029
>It's absolutely nowhere near as brain dead

>your character moves for you and places himself in the best position when spamming dodge button, even when you aren't even facing them
>>
>>383323029
>mash space bar to become immortal
nice fucking game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AV9W2ZdmjU
>>
Shadows of shitdor. fucking the most boring gameplay. same missions over and over. "kill this nigga, recruit this nigga, kill this nigga, collect bullshit"

Horrible game.
>>
>>383311823
Yeah, between the nemesis system randomly generating personalities and the flashy violence in the combat I got a lot out of it.
I'd just rush through the story for powers though and fuck around in challenge mode afterwards.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.