[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Mechanics that ruin otherwise fun games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 6HV3Rqn.png (2MB, 1257x1007px) Image search: [Google]
6HV3Rqn.png
2MB, 1257x1007px
ITT: Mechanics that ruin otherwise fun games
>>
>>383303870
Maybe if you were a better ruler this wouldn't happen
>>
Managing runeys in Rune Factory Frontier
>>
>>383303870
Said every tyrant ever
>>
Whats the matter bby? Them meanie jacobins getting you down?
>>
>>383303870
You should try playing China.
>>
Revolts aren't that bad. The dumb mechanic is that lose your capital = instantly lose to the revolutionaries.
>>
>>383304886
>instantly
That's not how you spell "one year later"
>>
>>383305040
They changed it? Well, that's good. But it's moronic, and ahistorical. Every Paradox game that uses the EU style rebellion is ahistorical and shit.
>>
>>383305268
I'm not sure if they did, I use HPM like everyone else.
>>
If you produced more Liquor things would be different.
>>
>>383303993
Not OP but fuck you.

I am a great ruler. I took China from a fucking shithole, to a modern superpower that burned Moscow and pushed the Brits out of India.

Before I rose to power, most Chinks didnt even get their basic life needs met, after I was done Most of them had their luxury needs met and they're all filthy fucking rich, investing in the Chinese bank which the entire world in indebted to.

And yet I get fucking rebels every few months because they oppose modernization. Fuck you Paradox this is a broken mechanic. China should be on its knees sucking me dick for all the things I did for it, not rebelling constantly. And wthe fuck that I get more Chinese rebels than nationalists rebels from the country I forcefully took over doesn't make sense either.

>>383304643
This, China is broke.
>>
>>383303870
That's a loooooot of rebels. Did the country fall under generalized civil war or something, or is that completely normal? Never played Vicky but these numbers seem to be way above what rebels generally spawn in the other games
>>
>>383303870
>like 400 rebels
>in a country of several million
literally raise a single regiment and stomp them
>>
>>383306415
>400
Every number represents a brigade so 1 unit = 3000 men in victoria 2
>>
>>383306415
>400 rebels
More like 1.2M rebels.
>>
File: DEAD.png (381KB, 561x250px) Image search: [Google]
DEAD.png
381KB, 561x250px
>The Jacobins have risen!
>>The Jacobins have risen!
>>>The Jacobins have risen!
>>>>The Jacobins have risen!
>>>>>The Jacobins have risen!
>>>>>>The Jacobins have risen!
>>>>>>>The Jacobins have risen!

Literally cutting them down by the hundreds of thousands every time they revolt. Fuck off retards you'll never get your democracy. If itt didn't work the last 150 times it's not going to work this time.
>>
>>383307839
>... The Jacobins have risen!
>>
>>383303993
Shut the fuck up.

It is universally accepted n the community that the Victoria 2 rebel system is the absolute worst in the entire paradox line up.

>Jacobins rising up in a democracy
>Unpreventable communist rebellions late game even if you have every social reform
>Slaughter millions of people in rebellions for them to rise again with millions more in just 1 year
>Millions of rebels spawning with 60 brigade stacks in the middle of the bush in Africa
>Liberate India from the UK? Lol fuck you they will bug out and spawn never ending millions of UK rebels even though you liberated them.
>>
ITT: blood-stained despots that can't handle the truth

you deserve to be hanged from a lamp-post
>>
>>383309437
I probably do, too bad your disorganized, incompertent rabble of sheepfuckers is not at all capable of pulling it off.

Enjoy working even harder and paying even more taxes starting nexr year!
>>
File: goddamn.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
goddamn.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>383303870
>Play EU3
>Be Goldon Horde
>Conquer shit
>Leader dies
>Every single non-core province explodes
>This happens every single time your leader dies i.e. every 5 years
>>
File: 1475547942145.png (134KB, 190x320px) Image search: [Google]
1475547942145.png
134KB, 190x320px
>>383309437
>MOMMY! that man just killed all those innocent jacobins that rose up to overthrow him for the 500th time.
>he also just killed half the country's nobles for killing his son and rising up against him because they couldn't be on the council.
but it's ok he just replaced them all. oh wait they just declared his gay satanist midget brother king, guess its time for the next rebellion.
>>
>fascist and communist rebels fighting together
>when one of them seizes power the other one stays and seizes power from the first one after a month because the country has no army
>>
I do what any sane individual does and raise the threshold of when the dude free shit mobs will trigger. It's not at all a fun game by default with that dumb ass 'feature'.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.