[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this considered to be so bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: latest-8.png (3MB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
latest-8.png
3MB, 1600x1600px
Why is this considered to be so bad
>>
>>383302918
>So bad
Its not. Its considered mediocre and is probably the best homage to a series from another developer. They pretty much made a Sly game but it wasn't a big jump in any way
>>
>>383302918
The game itself is fine but the story completely shits itself, setting up dramatic cliffhangers that at this point will likely never be addressed.
>>
>>383303081
It was called a franchise killer and apparently ruined the reputation of the developer
>>
It was? I thought it was pretty damn good.
>>
Thank you OP, I always planned to replay it at some point. I'll finally do that tomorrow since you reminded me.
>>
File: IMG_5858.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5858.gif
3MB, 400x225px
Disappointed with the art direction regarding some of the characters, a shame because I really liked the cutscenes.
>>
>>383303697
>ruined the reputation of a developer who two no-name games, a spin off of Ratchet and Clank on the PSP, and the Sly HD Collection
Massive reputation to uphold.

Nothing can kill a franchise if the main developer didn't even work on it.
>>
The art style is abominably ugly for starters
>>
>>383303697
No it wasn't and no it didn't.
What DID kill the reputation of the developers was the fact that they decided that instead of making sly 5, they would work on another game.
That game was Sonic Boom for the 3ds.
>>
>>383302918

QTE Final Boss
>>
File: IMG_5860.gif (986KB, 500x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5860.gif
986KB, 500x180px
>>
File: IMG_5861.gif (760KB, 500x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5861.gif
760KB, 500x288px
Obligatory
>>
>>383304250
I wish they made Jak 4 next instead
>>
It was a solid Sly cooper game but look at it this way.

First game was good
2nd game changed things up and added a lot of new things from having your gang actually be playable, the item shop, a good story with a bittersweet end that could've ended the series.

3rd game. Similar to the second albeit you expanded the cooper gang, switched up the different bosses so instead of you vs another gang/criminal group, you're dealing with a different area boss each time. Had some of the best story arcs out of the entire trilogy and the ending was again, could've been ok to end the series on but they teased time travel.

And now the 4th game. The novelty of playing as all the different cooper ancestors was a good idea but the missions had gone stale at this point since it was like the last 2 games. The plot was just weird as all hell and the ending fight/retriviinf the canes were lame.

If there's ever a 5th game, they have to do something to change up the gameplay and the story needs so work on to justify how Sly is able to possibly return the the present.
>>
>>383303697
are you talking about sonic boom: shattered crystal?
>>
File: 1418102076112.png (88KB, 239x167px) Image search: [Google]
1418102076112.png
88KB, 239x167px
>penelope randomly turned evil
>final boss is a quick time event
>>
File: 20852847239402835.png (12KB, 672x325px) Image search: [Google]
20852847239402835.png
12KB, 672x325px
>>383302918
It is good, I give it an 8/10
But people only say if a game is great or shit
there's no in between for them, if a game is only good, its shit to them
>>
>>383308195
Not randomly but yea; that left me going "naw, you don't do that".
>>
>>383302918

-Bland, unimaginative villains
-Terrible, shitty fanfic tier story
-Special outfits were a good idea on paper, but barely used.

As a huge fan of the original trilogy I hate this game with passion. They could have done so much more with the time traveling and maybe bring back Clockwerk (he even shows up in the background in each era!) or have Sly's father be one of the ancestors you team up with, but the story is nothing but forced, plothole ridden mess.
>>
>>383308195
I was left thinking there was more to what the fuck Penelope was doing and we would find out in a sequel. A sequel we aren't getting now.

Awesome.
>>
The story and characters are a fucking joke.

But the gameplay is solid and it plays like a true successor to Sly 2.
>>
>>383302918
It's not, it's just contrarian faggots
2>4>3=1
>>
>>383308195
>working on the clockwerk eyes
>dude lmao why is she crazy suddenly?
I saw it coming a mile away.
>>
>>383304250
And that was actually better than the Wii U version.
>>
I thought it was fun when I played it on the Vita. Fuck the minigames though, especially the gyro controls one.
>>
>>383308195
>believing Penelope was ever really a good guy when her introduction was as the fucking Black Baron who tried to punch Sly off a plane
>>
>>383302918
QTE end boss I guess.

Besides that I thought it was great. Easily the best Sly besides the first one.
>>
2>1>3>4

I enjoy the shit out of all of them though. Shame that 4 sold so badly and that they ended on tjat cliffhanger.
>>
>>383310498
the sixaxis control parts and the QTE final boss are the worst parts of the game, but it's still great aside from that
>Sly 5 never
>>
>>383308743
Given that there's a big cliffhanger for getting 100%, the idea was probably use Clockwerk and Sly's dad in a later game, with Thieves in Time just setting up the time travel premise.

Maybe it would have been better to blow their load early in retrospect, but they probably didn't expect they'd be sat down with two Sonic Boom games and potentially never return to Sly again.
>>
>>383304045
>that Sly 1 Muggshot
>>
>>383310231
I dont remember this
It'd be better than her personality going 180 though
>>
>>383310754
Bently mentioned that she was working on them in the intro or some cutscene i forget, it's been a while. It's setup for Sly 5 that we won't get because Sony are giga kikes
>>
I want to hatefuck Penelope
>>
>>383302918
>Butchered models/drawings
>Went from sneaky heisting to time travel gimmick
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.