[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled What would YOU make to improve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 377
Thread images: 68

Now that the dust has settled

What would YOU make to improve this series without turning it into something radically different and make Persona 6 great?

Personally, im seeing the start of fatigue in the narrative.

I think that Persona 6 should aim for a more mature cast
>>
Stop making God the final boss.
>>
>>383301750
Persona was not God
Persona 2 was not God
Persona 3 was not God
Persona 4 was not God
Persona 5 was something very loosely interpretated as God
>>
>>383301651
remake persona 2 duology with a better battle system
>>
Drop the time management/calendar shit and go back to a P1/2 style of game. Full party two or three hours in, spend the rest of the game developing them in a way that is not disconnected from the main storyline and dungeon crawlan. Sneak in some sort of social link/confidant stuff somehow because we don't want autists to burn Atlus HQ.
>>
>>383301651
Multiple protags GTA style
>>
Cut down on the amount of redundant dialogue.
Yes we fucking changed the persons heart, stop asking.
>>
>>383301651
Just do Persona 5 again.
>>
File: 1499428972056.png (21KB, 508x610px) Image search: [Google]
1499428972056.png
21KB, 508x610px
>>383301651
>he thinks we're not gonna get 3 spin off titles before persona 6
>>
>>383301651
Add gay/lesbo relation
>>
cuter girls
>>
>>383301750
doesn't smt stand for true god resurrection though?
>>
File: 1497639822353.jpg (582KB, 1065x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1497639822353.jpg
582KB, 1065x1600px
>>383301651
I agree with you on the more mature cast, but also:
>Character development not entirely dependent on S.Links and/or characters behaving differently in the story based on how far along you are in their link
>No more mascots, either go back to Koromaru-style animal characters or have a full human cast
>Final boss that actually has ties with the player character and is hinted at rather than coming entirely out of left field and preferably isn't a god
>No alternate worlds except for the Velvet Room
>More acknowledgement that P1 and 2 exist, be it through character cameos a la Vincent in P3P or Katsuya in P5 (via the TV)
>Dialogue choices that actually matter
>Fewer unnecessary spinoffs
>Continued inclusion of JP audio option
>Same-sex romance S.Links
>>
>>383303315

o now it's an smt game
>>
>>383303459
Be it through cameos or outright inclusion*
>>
>>383301651
No more wildcrad garbage, all characters having main arcana/arcana they can't use no matter what and arcanas that aren't as strong as their main ones
Make protags more oldschool p2/smt style with them not being afraid of killing enemies and using persona on the civilians, fuck 3 and 5 moralfagtory
If you can't leave school settings, make protagonist having strong convictions about right and wrong instead of generic "neutral and muh freedom fuck evil adults"
More males in the party, fuck waifu bullshit
You should be able to actually tell your party members when they act retarded, fuck persona 3 "nod and stay silent bullshit"
If you can't add more males in the party, at let us play as a female protagonist and be bitch toowards others
>>
File: 1495841273258.jpg (167KB, 900x838px) Image search: [Google]
1495841273258.jpg
167KB, 900x838px
>>383301651
Female protag w/ no male option
>>
File: the megami tensei.png (1MB, 811x2421px) Image search: [Google]
the megami tensei.png
1MB, 811x2421px
>>383303315
Goddess.
>>
>>383303476
Play a reel chin megummi tensay geimu.
>>
Repeat P5 except with a different visual theme and a different feel to the dungeon crawling since you wouldn't have phantom thieves anymore.
Pretty much the only place the series can go without being changed radically.
>>
>Female Joker
>take out the JRPG garbage
>make cute waifu dating sim with all the girls across every game and add more content in S. Links and dates

Atlus would be printing money
>>
>>383301651
Drop the waifu shit.

I'm not joking.
>>
>>383301651
i would make it nocturne
>>
>>383303459
>>Final boss that actually has ties with the player character and is hinted at rather than coming entirely out of left field and preferably isn't a god
This.

P3 did it right by foreshadowing Nyx and having the latter half of the game be a slow buildup to facing the Avatar of Death. Later bosses like Izanami and yabadabadoo aren't nearly as memorable because they were thrown in as TWEESTS rather than being proper threats of their own so no one gives a shit.
>>
Just make Shido the final boss. He already has the proper buildup
tweak the story a bit so it makes sense if Yaldy were fought sooner
>>
File: encouragement.jpg (315KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
encouragement.jpg
315KB, 900x1200px
>>383301651
have a game set in the 1970s/1980s
>>
>>383305248
>nyx
>memorable
The only memorable thing about p3 is how much shit it was
>>
>>383305354
(You)
>>
>>383301651
Drop the social links. Personally I find it reaaally hard to give a fuck about these side characters when they feel like a chore to interact with.

And holy shit, drop the slow acquiring of party members as well. I'd rather have most of the party members by chapter 2. I really don't like it when you spend half of the game focusing on getting new party members instead of focusing on plot development.

And I wish they'd use the dorm concept in P3. I really like it how you get to see your buddies hanging around there and interacting with you and each other from time to time, makes me more invested in these characters.
>>
>>383305390
?
>>
File: 1458494362667.jpg (241KB, 1024x1305px) Image search: [Google]
1458494362667.jpg
241KB, 1024x1305px
i would make the setting college instead of high school and include sex scenes.

like the protagonist would be a business/management major, and you would have the rest of the party be law/med/architecture/art/music, etc

also id have a dog isntead of a cat side kick

also instead of thieves you would be detectives and u have to solve crimes ala phoenix wright style
>>
>>383301651
The one thing that every turn based JRPG needs to do in order to not be shit.
Kingdom Hearts combat.
Or invent a better combat system.
>>
>>383305439
>And I wish they'd use the dorm concept

holy fuck the biggest letdown in persona 5 was when yusuke moves in with you and then literally moves out the next day

i was so ready to bro down
>>
>>383302703
>3
>thinking it won't be milked at least twice as hard as Persona 4 ever was
Never doubt Atlus' ability to jew it up. I look forward to Persona 5: Racing All Afternoon
>>
>>383305092
go to smt then
>>
>>383301651
Stop making the main character an edgy faggot.
>>
>>383305627
get the fuck out nigger
>>
>>383305794
That actually would've been terrible. The best thing about Yusuke is that they never actually run his starved artist bit into the ground. They spread out the perfect amount of it through the game - a little in the storyline, a little in the co-op, a little (and the best of it) in Mementos. If he moved in with Joker we would've been drowning in it.
>>
The plot is clear from the start and doesn't just start to make sense 3/4 way through the game.

Less dialogue. Quality > Quantity. I'd rather listen to a short,informative conversation than "prolly xD" every 5 seconds. Seriously,Fire whoever wrote the script for Persona 5 and hire someone who understands how normal humans speak.

Cut the teen shit. I'm not saying cut out teenagers,but make them more like real life people. The cast In P2 and P3 had some quirks that made their char unique,but they were still all believable people that one can relate to. They really jumped ship with P4 and P5's dumb anime trope characters.

And lastly yet most important,make the villain more ambiguous. P5 villains were horrible. It was like watching a Saturday morning cartoon where the villain is evil just for plot convenience.

Oh well,it's fucking pointless anyway. P5 sold phenomenoly well so they're just going to keep using the same formula until over and over again. I doubt we'll ever see another great Persona game again.
>>
>>383306338
>P3 had some quirks that made their char unique,but they were still all believable people that one can relate to
It's the most anime cast in the franchise, faggot
>>
>>383306338
m8, you just played what will likely be the last great Persona game.
>>
>>383306013
fuck you nigger turn based combat is shit and you fucking know it bitch, your turn based visual novel could be good if the combat wasn't atrocious
>>
File: IMG_20170408_122024~01~01.jpg (2MB, 3967x2153px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170408_122024~01~01.jpg
2MB, 3967x2153px
>Less uninterrupted dialogue, more exploration and actual gameplay in-between events
>Skip to the following day if there's nothing of importance I can do; Morgana was annoying
>Fewer repetitive screens like the crowd gossip in 5
>In a single enemy encounter, don't repeat dialogue after it's said once

That's all I ask for. P5 was mostly great, but these seem like things that could've been easily fixed, so it's unfortunate.
>>
File: 1497563981697.png (190KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
1497563981697.png
190KB, 500x362px
>>383305627
>Kingdom Hearts combat
>>
>>383306496
Yukari's entire existence destroys your argument.
>>
>>383306784
>Skip to the following day if there's nothing of importance I can do
They will hopefully never do this because it removes your opportunity to save the game and stop playing. This is very important when story events happen multiple days in a row.
>>
>>383307019
just add a prompt asking you to save
>>
>>383307019
Just add a save prompt after a fade to black or something.
>>
Just a couple things:

>follow through on concepts that you introduced instead of half-assing them, see "changing cognition outside of the palaces" which only happens 2 or 3 times (in a 100h game) and you have control over none of them and they're basically cutscenes
>cut down on redundant dialog
>if you pick a theme (like masterthief) then go full hog with it instead of just picking up 2 common themes (costumes, calling cards) and ignoring everything else. Where are the rooftop chases for example?
>don't create characters that forcibly take the leader role away from the player, like Makoto
>>
>>383301651
>remove Futaba, Haru, and maybe Makoto entirely or have them be side confidants
While they aren't bad characters they really dumb down interactions because it gets to a point where there are so many party members they only talk to the MC and not to each other.
>keep Akechi only a temporary party member still but make him a genuinely good guy who clashes with the team because he doesn't agree with the methods
Would make him a better character rather than just cartoon villain
>>
>>383307327
Oh I just remembered another thing:

Rethink time limits. It really feels off to beat a palace the first day you can access it, just to wait 20+ days until it actually has any effect because of story reasons. Persona 4 had that same problem.
Here's an easy fix: make them a lot shorter, like 7 days max because then even absolute beginners should be able to go through it AND it teaches them to get those dungeons done quick instead of dillydallying.

The reason why this bothers me is because it diminishes the effect the "change of heart" actually has. It works really well with Kamoshida, you beat his ass and like 3 days later he breaks down. That shows how much power you actually have and how effective and mysterious it is. Compare that with say BurgerKingGuy, where you can beat him on day 1 but shit all happens until 20 days later.
>>
>>383301651
>FeMC
>College
>Less frequent, more strategic combat
>Have some balls in the plot and characters, make things edgier, give the characters their own persona-lity and opinion for fuck sake, it's in your title, yet there's always the gentle girl, the more mature girl, the idiot bro character, etc, in every entries after 2
>Actually interesting dialogues
P3-5 has too much useless dialogue about things no one cares about

Also More depth to fusions, and make the system less annoying (you literally had to cheat infinite money to fully use the fusion systems in P5)

No more dating, I hate it, especially the level system. The stories in social links can't be related to the main plot due to this shit, which make them unsatisfying to go through and overall boring.
Come on, at least actual VNs with only a minor dating side still have the romantic developments work together with the rest of the plot. Persona? It's just fucking lame fanservice.

>actually hard dungeons you can't clear in one night
The calendar system is stupid and useless when you can clear anything in one night anyway. What are they thinking?
Even the newest Atelier games still have a more meaningful timer system

>multiple endings and stuff depending on what you do
Again, even Atelier does it. Persona barely feel like an RPG honestly. ALL the choices are useless outside of gaining more pts during social links, at best.
>>
>>383307327
>don't create characters that forcibly take the leader role away from the player, like Makoto
This. I fucking hated Hashino's hard-on for Makoto and the dissonance it created within the party's dynamic.
>ohh makoto, you're totally the brain AND muscle of the PT we love you so much you're perfect!!!!!
>btw don't worry joker you're still our leader :)
>>
File: 1499278408350.png (171KB, 540x396px) Image search: [Google]
1499278408350.png
171KB, 540x396px
>>383301651
Persona 3 MC is back and awoken from cryostasis.At least 10 years has passed. The world has changed, but he's still the same young man as back then.

He lost all his powers, so he needs to restart everything. Will he rekindle old friendships and romances from P3, or will he start with new ones.

>tfw this will never happen ;___;
>>
>>383308845
>Persona 3 MC
>>>/trash/
>>
>>383308605
>game series includes different characters fufilling psuedomagical archetypes
>some of them have similar characteristics
Color me surprised.
>>
File: 1476952959983.jpg (134KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
1476952959983.jpg
134KB, 960x544px
´>>383301938
>>
The persona fusing / compendium can definetly use some work. Something like being able to search for certain skills, give you the ability to decide which skills a persona is going to inherit after reaching a certain rank in the strength persona instead of encouraging savescumming and rework the fucking days where you can't do shit for story reasons. Instead of giving you the illusion you can escape your fucking room just ask if you want to save and proceed to the next day.
>>
>>383301651
Overhaul the combat system until it's actually interesting.
>>
File: thanos.jpg (34KB, 418x303px) Image search: [Google]
thanos.jpg
34KB, 418x303px
>>383309140
You are no god.
>>
More combat dialogue I'd rather hear more variety than "looking cool joker"

More interaction between other party members.
More events like in P4 such as the camping trip, Iwatodai trip, the Amagi Inn.

More environmental interactions not only in the dungeons, but in the real world. The part in P5 where you chase Ann, and the bath scene in 3 as an example.

More voice acting. All text in the confidants should be voice acted.

No tarturus or momentos style dungeon.

Make it so you aren't assembling your party the entire game. Have your whole party together at like 75% through the game instead of getting a character like Haru when the game is basically over.

Plot and villains more apparent early on.
>>
>>383308595
Furthermore, rethink the social stats system. In all 3 games it's used it's basically a chore. Busy work. It's not very satisfying trying to talk to a character but you're not allowed because you don't have an arbitrary amount of points in table etiquette.
Like how about this: if I don't have enough points, still let me hang out with that person but give me the "bad route" of that scene. I need to be 5 smart to be able to talk with X about anime, but I only have 1 so the MC just bumbles something about "animay?" and you don't get to bond with that character right away, screen fades to black and infobox/mascot character goes "looks like you're not *knowledgeable* enough to keep up with X, maybe read an issue of JUMP".
Or you know, just remove it altogether. Would anyone really miss it? It's not a fun part in any of the games, at least for me.
>>
>>383309081
>similar characteristics
Kek
They're the same dudes literally.
>>
>>383308845
Make the game more mature and set it in college.

I would buy it.
>>
>>383309018
Lol nice try. Everyone knows he's the best MC out of all the games.
>>
Persona 5 Arena

>Joker is in jail
>Suddenly Adachi cellmate
>Persona hijinx ensue
>>
File: tfw P3.png (108KB, 454x750px) Image search: [Google]
tfw P3.png
108KB, 454x750px
>>383308845
He's gone, son.

Get over it

:(
>>
I wouldn't mind a game with no time limit or the time limit shit works different
>>
>>383308845
IF P3 MC ever came back
I would only accept it if he was igor successor

It would b e a neat throwback and continuity
>>
>>383310728
No, it wouldn't be
>>
>>383301750
Top kek
>>
>>383308845
If I remember correctly, Mitsuru put his body in some sort of stasis?

Did she?
>>
>>383301651
Ditch the school setting. non-highschoolers make up the majority of the party.
Party is completely assembled at least halfway through the game, if someone joins the party later they should be already well introduced in the story before the halfway mark.
Properly develop characters in the actual plot like 2 and 3. SLs are fine but don't fucking matter when the plot can't reference and build on them.
Keep the calendar system, but don't limit location to the same place throughout the entire game. P5 was originally going to be a world-tour with the story stretching across multiple countries. Do something like that.
>>
File: 1336454457772.png (13KB, 160x182px) Image search: [Google]
1336454457772.png
13KB, 160x182px
>OP specifically asked for no radical changes
>thread still full of delusional P2fags and other people who didn't like the core concepts of nuPersona

The formula is set already. All that is needed are quality of life changes and enrichment of already existing strong sides of the game. More events, more content, more advancements in the level design and battle system.
The writing could use some work too. The story can go from interesting, heart gripping and touching to complete wank in a matter of minutes.
>>
>>383312259
>Ditch the school setting
stopped reading there, you're retarded.
>>
>>383312338
I'm sorry for not wanting to play as highschoolers for the 6th game in a row when they've run out of morale dilemmas for them. It's especially stupid considering they've utilized the exact same character archetype 3 games in a row.
>>
>>383312565
>I'm sorry for not wanting to play as highschoolers for the 6th game
Then don't. Persona games have a clear setting. It's highschool. Nothing will change this.
>>
>>383301651
Enough of new characters every single game.

Bring back the protagonists from previous games and let us play as them again.
>>
Remove shitty anime humor. The joke in 5 with Ryuji trying to peek on Ann repeated over and over only made me dislike him.
>>
>>383312908
>implying you wouldn't try to peek at Ann at every opportunity
No need to get mad at Ryuji for your own faggotry.
>>
>>383312908
They just need to get rid of anime shit I general. It was already getting bad in 3 and 4 but it reached a whole new level of cringe in 5.
>>
File: 1499136845758.jpg (99KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499136845758.jpg
99KB, 1920x1080px
Bring Lotus Juice back.
>>
File: 1495931032317.gif (889KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
1495931032317.gif
889KB, 500x286px
>>383309752
>Dojima hears some mumbling from higher ups about something happening in Tokyo involving those crazy Persona things his nephew was talking about a few years ago
>still trying to pin crimes on Adachi, knows something is off, and wants to get to the bottom of things
>gets in contact with Sae through shananagins
>arrange for Joker and Adachi to be cellmates in order to find out the truth(tm)
>Meanwhile Shadow Operatives are on their way to interrogate Joker privately and get dragged in to whatever crazy bullshit happens
I'd be stupid but I'd be entertaining.
>>
>>383313550
5 is not even in the same league as 4 in terms of useless anime bullshit and tropes. P5 rarely ever had scenes where it's just the characters fucking around through useless anime scenarios like P4 had all the time. P5 never had shit like the School Campout or the Winter Resort where literally nothing in the plot progresses. They also somehow got through a whole game with a fucking bathhouse scene or a cringeworthy beach scene in P4.
>>
>>383312876
>Persona games have a clear setting. It's highschool. Nothing will change this.
Says who? There's nothing stopping them from changing the setting.
>>
>>383309679
That's some astonishingly shit taste.
>>
File: 1493988551726.png (314KB, 711x664px) Image search: [Google]
1493988551726.png
314KB, 711x664px
>>383314202
Common sense.
>>
>>383314342
Great argument faggot.
>>
>>383314202
Says the Persona games that all used the school setting up to this point.
You can hope all you want for your persona with kindergarten setting, it won't happen.
>>
>>383314607
I should happen. It's been 5+ games of highschool shit, it's time to change it up.
>>
>>383314737
>I should happen
Your parents disagree.
>it's time to change it up
yeah, the games are clearly flopping, better change everything about them.
>>
File: 1471021245955.png (82KB, 239x286px) Image search: [Google]
1471021245955.png
82KB, 239x286px
Get rid of social links or make them tie into the damn story.
>>
File: 1494627191954.png (17KB, 232x241px) Image search: [Google]
1494627191954.png
17KB, 232x241px
>>383314421
Yeah, it's generally hard to argue with reality.
Persona is gonna stay in highschool. Deal with it.
>>
>>383314979
I too want franchises to stagnant and never innovate!
>>
>>383315104
Then welcome to Atlus.

P5 already had almost no school bullshit in it, compared with 3 or 4.
>>
>>383315245
Yeah and it was great, I enjoyed P5 a lot partially because it got rid of a lot of the cliche bullshit in 3 and, mainly, 4.
>>
>>383315104
You know Atlus makes games other than Persona?
If they wanted to make a game not set in a highschool they wouldn't call it Persona and that's it.
Asking Persona not to be set in highschool is like asking Hitman to stop being about killing people. I mean, we had 6 Hitman games about killing people, it's clearly stagnating. Why not make Hitman a dating sim.
>>
>>383314202
>>383314737
Kaneko himself said high-school is one the defining aspects of the series. Without it the series would be just Devil Summoner.
>>
File: 1228401256964.jpg (7KB, 217x263px) Image search: [Google]
1228401256964.jpg
7KB, 217x263px
Follow college-age people or even older like Catherine. I'm fucking sick of everything being high school.
>>
File: Joker got Maya's.jpg (13KB, 177x121px) Image search: [Google]
Joker got Maya's.jpg
13KB, 177x121px
>>383301651
Romanceable Sae and loli(s),
And secret boss of past protagonist would be nice.
>>
>>383316028
>>383316217
I think they're just limiting themselves then. I can easily imagine a Persona game that doesn't have a highschool setting, shit like the calendar system and the "persona" of people are far more important than the highschool setting. Not to mention the setting was barely utilized in P5 past Kamoshida. The game could've easily been about a rag-tag group of punks since none of the other places even involve school shit.

If they have to do school shit atleast do a fucking college setting.
>>
>>383301938
Nyx and Izanami were Godesses
Fuhrer is the rightful God Emperor of Mankind
Pandora is Pandora
Yaldaobaoth is also a God
The series is from "Shin Megami Tensei" why would you not fight a god at the end when it's in the name?
>>
>>383316584
>>383316761
Nah, the main theme of persona games is the high school settings. They probably just make non persona game if they want to ditch the high school.
>>
>>383301651
Don't block the player from doing things for two weeks so the game can dump plot on you.
>>
>>383317130
The highschool settings of the games has never been integral to the themes of the games.
>>
File: EP.jpg (1MB, 1000x972px) Image search: [Google]
EP.jpg
1MB, 1000x972px
>>383317130
>main theme of persona games is the high school settings
>Eternal Punishment exists
>>
>>383316950
>a god
He said God, with a capital G. The only one close to that is Yaldabaoth and even he's just the Demiurge, not the main man God. Fighting God is a mainline thing, and even then it's still not actually God, just a splinter of him that became power hungry and might as well also be the Demiurge inb4 faggots crying that Apocalypse isn't canon
>>
More than one party member needs to die. I want the stakes to feel higher.
>>
>>383317384
SMT2.
>>
File: 4c51fba8_thumb.jpg (20KB, 554x313px) Image search: [Google]
4c51fba8_thumb.jpg
20KB, 554x313px
>>383317336
>>383317339
>>
>>383317535
>YHVH
>God
Demiurge. Play SMTIV Apocalypse. The Axiom/The Great Will is the actual God in the series and it's benevolent. YHVH is an avatar of it that goes corrupt in various universes across the Amala Network and that's why the Great Will creates Messiahs like The Hero, Aleph, Demi-Fiend, Flynn, and Nanashi to strike him down.
>>
>>383316761
Devil Survivor games have the calendar system without highschool setting, though most characters are high-schoolers.
>>
File: 4654654.jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
4654654.jpg
22KB, 640x480px
>>383317618

So a picture of the school emblems across the games is meant to support your point?

In EP, the first dungeon is Seven Sisters High and then you never return. Hell, you even burn the school emblem.

None of the playable characters in that game even go to high school.
>>
>>383318078
What about IS?
Did they ditch the school like EP?
If not, my point is more valid.
>>
File: virgin laughs.png (43KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
virgin laughs.png
43KB, 800x1200px
>>383306774
>combat is atrocious
lel you tried
>>
>>383318360
Have you seen P2 combat?
>>
>>383301651
I would make the game with a 20 something adult in an office job that's getting cynical about the world. It could be the same formula but introduce different situations and out-of-dungeon features because now you're an adult. Classes could be meetings, tests could be company projects, and your team could be made up of your coworkers or people you meet after work.

You could have the option to dungeon crawl either in the morning or the afternoon, but not both, so you could skip out on work to dungeon crawl or social link with out-of-work friends but at the risk of having less income (money would be acquired through work rather than dungeons) and possibly missing out on special work events or rewards.
>>
>>383318210
How is it more valid?

You state the high school setting is essential for all persona games but when there is a mainline game that deliberately contradicts that claim you choose to ignore it and assume that the prequel to it will actually make your point even more valid?

The high school setting is irrelevant. The theme of the Persona games is realizing your true self, dreams, and potential. This is commonly done with an adolescent cast because of the whole identity issues that come with at that age, but EP shows that the same themes can be explored with young adults. The high school theme is unnecessary for a Persona game.
>>
File: 1498369842332s.jpg (7KB, 222x250px) Image search: [Google]
1498369842332s.jpg
7KB, 222x250px
>>383318436
>P2 combat = P5 combat
the combat is a lot quicker and streamlined without sacrificing the original vision for what combat in the series should be like, that combined with confidants now providing benefits that help in dungeon crawling make the game's combat exceptional and successfully links progress in your social life with that of your thievery outside of fusing stronger personas
>>
Some fine ideas in this thread.

I wish they'd just reuse assets and whip out a new game like they did with P4. They clearly tried to do too much from scratch and it didn't tie up together well.
>>
>>383301651
Properly utilize both elements of gameplay.
Social link with your target, provoking them will increase their damage but lower their defence, appeasing them will do the reverse. Utilize choices to influence weaknesses - You can make a target weak to fire by giving them a genied lighter and surprising them with it but they also become more agressive to you because of it. Have the courage/int/charisma stats effect choices in battle. Have your equiped persona effect more in the real world too - If an SL has you defend a friend from bullies, with a high physical defence Persona you'll just take the punch to the face and grin at them. With the opposite, you'll take the punch and be floored but the SL is still grateful, you just get less notes.
>>
>>383309517
>Like how about this: if I don't have enough points, still let me hang out with that person but give me the "bad route" of that scene. I need to be 5 smart to be able to talk with X about anime, but I only have 1 so the MC just bumbles something about "animay?" and you don't get to bond with that character right away, screen fades to black and infobox/mascot character goes "looks like you're not *knowledgeable* enough to keep up with X, maybe read an issue of JUMP".
What's the point? People just won't do it until they get the required level which is functionally the same.
>>
File: IMG_5542.png (77KB, 500x466px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5542.png
77KB, 500x466px
>>383319173
>the combat is *buzzword* and *buzzword* without sacrificing *buzzword* *buzzword* *buzzword* etc. etc.

You managed to type a long ass sentence and still say nothing, impressive
>>
>>383318956
The main settings of Persona will always be from the high school. It's the theme of persona game. It's always been the settings.
I don't know how to worded this right, but Atlus literally designed a persona game with high school settings in mind.

You still see it in the in the EP even if they're an adult because IS already established that. Since it's still P2 game.
If they want to make a game without high school settings they won't use Persona timeline.
>>
>>383308203
Akechi had a lot of potential. When he entered the story I thought they were going for a Light Yagami vs L Lawliet thing. Then it turns out he's just some edgy disposable character meant to reveal the real big bad of the game.

Like come on, wasted potential much Atlus?

>>383308605
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Persona has gotten to the point where it feels more like a visual novel than a game. P4 intro was like 2 hours. P5 prologue/tutorial is basically 4 hours.
>>
>>383313618
this desu
>>
>>383319729
Off topic, but what's your first language? I love to see bilingual people post and give props for learning English, a shitty fucking language.
>>
File: persona_5.png (457KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
persona_5.png
457KB, 1600x900px
HELP.

Should I get Persona 5 or the newest Digimon World?

I've never played a Persona game before but a lot of people have suggested P5 based on the kinds of games I like.
>>
>>383319925
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>383319887
somewhere in SEA.
I don't really care about english since I only used it on online games and here anyway.
I learned english mainly from card games.
>>
>>383319925
Neither.
Pick up Trails instead.
>>
>>383319925
Literally none of us now who you are, why the fuck would we know if you prefer persona or digimon?

People ask the most retarded questions I swear
>>
>>383319925
It's the Dark Souls of Digmon games.
>>
>>383319503
Not really, you'd still get a cutscene out of it instead of just a big NUH-UH, i.e. you get character writing out of it instead of being forced to water your plant every day so you can talk to a smelly NEET.

But still, removing it altogether would be better. Or give those stats more importance instead of them just being conversation-cockblocks.

It makes literally 0, null, nada sense that you can't hang out with Mitsuru until you're smart level 5. You basically do all the work for their shitty group, but she doesn't care about you until you can recite the number pi for half an hour? It's fucking nonsense.
>>
>>383301651

Stop relying on blank slate self-insert OCs.
Bring back Nyarly.
Bring back Fusion Spells.
Write characters as actual people and not a body housing a singular personality trope.
>>
>>383320016
>>383320208

Which is the better game, nigger?

>>383320337
Thanks, that actually settled it. I'm not getting Digimon.
>>
Not much, P5 is fucking fantastic all-around, just gotta improve it.

>>383302175
>Full party two or three hours in, spend the rest of the game developing them in a way that is not disconnected from the main storyline and dungeon crawlan

For example, while radical, it deals with one of the few issues of the game (poor Haru)

>>383303459
>Final boss that actually has ties with the player character and is hinted at rather than coming entirely out of left field and preferably isn't a god
>Character development not entirely dependent on S.Links and/or characters behaving differently in the story based on how far along you are in their link
>Dialogue choices that actually matter

Those are also valid points

>>383306784
Also

But for the most part, the game is fucking great from start to finish really, I haven't played a game this good since Skies of Arcadia, more than a decade ago.
>>
>>383301651
>Expand the social link system. Instead of one person per each arcana, do two per person and also have it so you can cause them to become reverse arcana if you continually fuck up/alienate them
>High school setting needs to be focused on again, in 5 they abandoned it and it lost a lot of the luster 3 and 4 had
>Small town setting again or something rural look a seatown, the city is overplayed and boring
>If they are going to pull a twist, go further in than even 4 or 3 did and make it one of the first party members to join your team. If there is no "twist" then make it similar to 1 where the final boss is heavily related to the main cast/a main character
>>
File: bloodrelated.png (351KB, 718x531px) Image search: [Google]
bloodrelated.png
351KB, 718x531px
>>383301651
Full on incest with little sister character
>>
>>383319729
Even though IS has several playable characters that are high schoolers, that doesn't mean the high school is a main setting of EP.

Seven Sisters High is almost completely irrelevant in EP. Even with IS hosting high school characters (in which you barely even go to school), the setting of EP is not a high school. It's completely detached from that premise.
>>
>>383301651
No more party member social links. It would force the writers to actually put in some character development for the party and avoid many of the complaints 4 and 5 received withe some of it's cast.
>>
>>383301750
>>383301938
see>>383309140
Well, pack it up, boys. We're done here.
>>
>>383309140
a god, not the god
>>
>>383307327
>>383308808
The MC never had a proper leader role outside of gameplay. You're always force to go along with whatever the other party members decide, even before Makoto joins the group.

>>383308595
They really need to tweak the time limits. I think P3 did it better, by forcing the player to fight major bosses on set days. I give P5 credit for hyping up boss fights via calling cards and the change in music.

>>383309517
The social stat system is really just there to force most players onto NG+. P5 especially is much easier to max SLs on NG+ compared to NG, because you spend much more time grinding social stats. Outside of Knowledge and Proficiency, you don't even use social stats outside of confidant stat checks in P5, and they have zero role in Palaces.
>>
>>383305584
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~
>>
>>383314040
I didn't mind the anime/slice-of-life scenes in P3, because they tied them to the main plot convincingly.
P4 made no fucking attempt to tie events to the main story. They COULD'VE developed the characters through those events, but since most character development after a party member accepts their Shadow is locked behind the SL, not even that happens.
I actually liked how P5 just ditched that altogether. At worst, there's the week they spend with Futaba, but that actually makes sense.
>>
>>383306338
>>383301651
I would be satisfied if they just dropped the group texts that you get every god damn day. They are always just parroting the same shit back and forth the entire time.
>do you think we changed their heart
>maybe/probably/we just have to wait
>You're right Joker :D
Repeat 100 times
>>
>>383324642
Apparently the group texts are only like that because you've cleared the Palace too early. If you wait until the last minute, they become 'wtf joker let's go to the Palace already' instead, and Atlus were too lazy to just curb them if you already in the clear.
P5 really needed stricter time limits, and longer stretches of just doing your own thing (confidants, Mementos, perhaps the occasional optional group meet-up) in between.
>>
>>383305908
But apocalypse has waifu shit and 4 has isabeau shit
>>
>>383320596
Adding to your reversible arcanas point, they need to make the MC more relatable. Literally everyone he meets wants his dick or be his best friend. Needs to be more of a neutral relationship or even hostile one that evolves into friendship over time.
>>
>>383324903
True, but Apocalypse also has a 'kill your friends ow the edge' route. Technically 4 does too, but that route is a shitty non-ending for players too lazy to get a real ending.
>>
>>383323904
>The MC never had a proper leader role outside of gameplay
What are you on about? They call him leader. He calls the shots, he handles the money, he handles the equipment. Neither 3 or 4 have this problem, or at least not to this extent.
After Makoto joins she just completely takes over. After she joins the discussions between the group are a lot different, with Makoto basically dictating what you have to do, the other assholes all agree and then you get asked if you're ok with it.

You could say the same about Naoto, but Naoto is the last party member you get at like 70% into the game. Unlike Makoto who comes in a lot earlier.
>>
>>383324886
I know, but they don't have to do the same conversation for two weeks just because I prioritized the palace.
I agree that the time limit on the palaces should be stricter while adding free time outside of mission periods. Outside of mission timeframes you are dragged around and doing crappy group events the entire time until the next mission.
>>
>>383306992
>Yukari
>The moderately large breasted fanservice girl who has ambiguous attraction to you, with a hidden dark past
Whoa, totally not every other high school harem.
>>
>>383325086
>im a retard who hates waifus but as long there's edgy shit is fine!

DAMN
>>
>>383302175
>Remove half the fucking game
GREAT IDEA
>>
>>383306784
>crowd gossip
The most pointless thing. They generally repeat what the group says or the texts that you see on the calendar each day.
>>
File: 1442538326585.png (230KB, 498x363px) Image search: [Google]
1442538326585.png
230KB, 498x363px
>>383305584
>also id have a dog isntead of a cat side kick
But they did that already
>>
>>383301651
Number 1 with a fuckin bullet is a different setting and older age demographic. High school bogs the series down pretty massively at this point, a college themed game with an older average age would be a real breath of fresh air.
>>
>>383325601
Keep dreaming, japan doesn't give a shit about college settings.
>>
>>383303656
oh god why is she so cute
>>
>>383324982
That's part of the reason why I think you need to spent more than 10 events with each social link, it's not really enough to to go from a neutral position to a "you are my best friend." Adding a second arcana would give them 20 possible events, definitely enough to flesh out the characters even more
>>
>>383325168
>They call him leader. He calls the shots, he handles the money, he handles the equipment.
Joker still does those things after Makoto joins. All Makoto does is analyze the situation and outline suitable courses of action, which is what the advisor is supposed to do.

Remember when Morgana compared Makoto to Zhuge Liang during one of the classroom scenes?
Zhuge Liang was an advisor to the warlord Liu Bei, but Liu Bei was still the leader, and still called the shots in the end. It's just that Zhuge Liang's advice was so good, that Liu Bei listened to him 95% of the time (that one 5% of the time, Liu Bei got his ass kicked badly).
>>
>>383325651
I'm aware, it's why the series stagnates. P5 ran counter to the setting in every way, but still had all the failings of HS tropes.
>>
Persona 5: Christmas
>Akechi survives cognitive Akechi
>Joins the Phantom Thieve's to take down Shido and god
>Confesses everything to the police at the end
>Joker no longer goes to jail
>You spend christmas day with your friends
>The time between christmas and Joker being released from prison in the base game is now playable
>Morgana comes back straight away instead of waiting for Joker to be released from prison
>You go on an additional adventure in this time where Morgana becomes human
>You can spend valentines day with Morgana
>>
>>383325456
Wasn't there one day towards the end of the game that did the 'crowd gossip' shit THREE TIMES IN A ROW? That was hell.
>>
File: 1497505286451.jpg (34KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1497505286451.jpg
34KB, 680x680px
>>383301651
Remove social links/confidants.
Make it way more plot oriented.
No more calendar bullshit.
Be stuck in the shadow world most of the game, with some parts returning to the real world and seeing the effects you have on it.
More combat.
Better dungeons.
Main character is an actual character and not a self-insert.
> without turning it into something radically different
It wouldn't be radically different, doesn't need to be. We've had three entire games focusing on the social link stuff and I think it's time for a change because they are the worst parts and everyone will just skip the dialogue and choose the correct answer from a guide anyway.
>>
>>383325804
They could do a lot of cool things with it if they expanded the required amount. Like after the first 10 it changes into a new arcana to match their new mindset/personality.
Maybe it starts with the arcana represented in the reversed position and each link slowly causes it to rotate to upright.
IDK some shit needs to be done to freshen up the concept.
At least giving each confidant some skills they contribute to Joker's gang was a good step.
>>
File: 1488311475179.jpg (104KB, 677x722px) Image search: [Google]
1488311475179.jpg
104KB, 677x722px
>>383326017
Yes. I was just sitting there tapping x as much as I could.
>>
File: 1492135799403.jpg (123KB, 452x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492135799403.jpg
123KB, 452x480px
>>383326119
meant for
>>383325785
My bad.
>>
>>383325785
Personally I think they should ditch the whole "you're my best friend now" thing entirely. There's no reason to resolve all the social links in that way.

Here's an example: social link with a classmate that fucking hates you
you spend time with him for whatever reason (shared hobby perhaps) and by the end of the social link he doesn't want to suck your cock and worship the ground you tread on, instead he doesn't hate you anymore and just tolerates you.
You can easily reflect that in the usual classroom gameplay. Before the social link the classmate heckles you while you're answering questions (throwing shit at you etc), and after the social link he doesn't do shit anymore.
Fucking done. He doesn't need to make a fucking documentary about you or gift you his favorite t-shirt to show how much he loves you now.
>>
>Let me be lesbian
>Fuck off with the mascot characters
>>
>>383325456
I thought it was really neat toward the start of the game, because the screens were paced well. But they become way too frequent.
>>
They should have social links go above 10 but keep that hidden from the player. It's too easy to judge story progression based on social link progression, plus it'd be a nice surprise for the player if they hung out with someone they'd maxed out and their social link went up again.
>>
>>383316217
If the MC has to be a highschooler can we get a cast that's not completely made up of highschoolers, or highschool age characters maybe a faculty member as one of the party or make the MC a teacher and his party his students.
>>
>>383320939
Still doesn't change the fact that they always establishing high school in every persona game. This is really apparent in>>383317618
Why do you think they're using high school emblem instead of the game title.
>>
>>383308845
Only on the condition I can also be FeMC.
>>
>>383325601
>Office setting
>Spend your mornings/afternoons doing things like writing reports and securing the Henderson account
>Confidants are people like your boss, the goofy guy in the office who puts your stapler in jello, the receptionist and the sexy high school intern
>You can go to bars/clubs after work and actually drink
>Over the year you attend events like office team building exercises, a company retreat and an office christmas party
>>
>>383326115
>"I want to play normal RPG" - the post
While I agree about dungeons part, rest is just throwing out the window all game elements that make it unique. And about more combat, God, when I was able to avoid it whatsoever was the best part. Pokemon style combat with only that few elements is getting tedious and boring fast, especially when you battle for at least half an hour straight same few enemies and they are always exactly the same and RNG affects game so little that outcome of battle is predictable after two first fights for every next one.
>>
>>383326624
I would love to see a older party member. Just pick up some office jockey or some gas station clerk. Give some people with insights outside of "adults fucking suck and are useless" They could help them do things high schoolers couldn't.
>>
I just wish the story cycle goes beyond 1 year if it is possible. Maybe even branching story paths
>>
File: noble.png (142KB, 293x341px) Image search: [Google]
noble.png
142KB, 293x341px
>>383305019
ah yes, continue to bring in waifu-fags
>>
>>383327092
It doesn't matter if you're unique if you're boring.
Social links are boring and pointless.
>>
>>383326417
I don't think that would work, based on the way it functions as a persona empowering mechanic. The social link is supposed to show their increased conviction to your relationship and their willingness to help you, so to go from hatred -> neutral wouldn't really accomplish that goal in powering up your personas. They could do something like that if they used a reverse arcana, and then once they are neutral it could become friendship. Maybe they could show the relationship conviction in a different way like they did with soejima and dojima, not all the convictions need to be friendship. some could be the dotting on you or them looking up to you which they sort of did with mishima
>>
>>383327270
>Social links are boring and pointless
why the fuck are you playing persona?
>>
File: 1499211774011.jpg (12KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
1499211774011.jpg
12KB, 212x278px
Set it in college.
>>
>>383319590
what exactly constitutes a buzzword for you, I made plenty of valid points, now fuck off to another board if you're gonna shitpost and not talk about video games you faggot
>>
>>383327146
The plots in Persona always make it look like they're setting up branching storylines but then it always falls back to being a linear JRPG.
Even just having one yes/no choice that changes how things play out for a single month would be welcome.
>>
>>383327387
Gotta escape that hunger somehow.
>>
What's Japanese college like?
What are some college tropes they could use?
>>
>>383303459
S A S U G A J O K A H
>>
>>383327096
I think the problem is that most of Persona fanbase in Japan are teens and young adults. Rebelling against adults has been a thing since P1. Though P4 and P5 did give you more adult allies than usual
>>
>>383327527
>Even just having one yes/no choice that changes how things play out for a single month would be welcome.
Wishes granted, Persona 5.
either you choose to accept yaldy contract or not. and it changes how things play out for more than a single month. Exactly what you just wanted.
>>
File: 60209228_p6_master1200.jpg (330KB, 615x810px) Image search: [Google]
60209228_p6_master1200.jpg
330KB, 615x810px
>>383327387
The plot.
The characters.
The dungeon crawling.
Fusing/creating personas.
Battling.
Pretty much every single thing that isn't social links.
How could you forget that there's more to the game than answering an NPC's questions correctly? Are you retarded? Do you have brain damage?
>>
>>383327652
only anime I've seen that even slightly depicted college was Argento Soma, which was set in a slightly future scifi college anyway and even then, only for the first episode
>>
>>383326968
>Play Persona
>Game skips over 90% of your school day, and only shows you a few minutes of a notable event every other day
>Only do interesting/notable things after school

>Go work in an office
>Spend 90% of your day doing random shit that you won't remember the second you step out of the office, barring a few minutes of a notable event every other day
>Only remember the stuff you did after regular working hours
>>
>>383324982
Why not multiple paths in a social link. Friendship, romance, rivalry or even flat out antagonism for some of them.
>>
>>383327287
I think that's too narrow. Getting someone from hate to neutral is a lot more work and should be more rewarding than hanging out with somebody that already likes you.

I also don't think that adding even more level to the social links is a good idea. If anything, give them less and focus the writing a lot more. A lot of social link events are already redundant.
Take Yusuke for example. I think his entire social link would be better if it was only 5 levels.
>>
File: 1465943711185.png (452KB, 2222x800px) Image search: [Google]
1465943711185.png
452KB, 2222x800px
>>383327527
It would be cool if the next game had branching storylines like P1 did.
Dunno how'd they implement it with the calender system though.
>>
File: 1485992691599.png (83KB, 211x244px) Image search: [Google]
1485992691599.png
83KB, 211x244px
>>383328004
>cares about the characters
>but not social links
>and cares about the other aspects when the rest of SMT focusses on them much better
>>
I just want to see more of the meta between Yaldy and Philemon. Though it's nice P5 referenced that quite often.
>>
>>383328004
Why would not play another SMT game then? literally half the time for the past 3 persona game has been social links
>>
>>383328250
>>cares about the characters
>but not social links
Yeah because those social links contributed SO much to long term character development and affected the main game in such a staggering way.

Tell me again how the news bitch at the bar was so important while I'm sneaking around someone's internal world, battling mythical monsters by summoning ones of my own?

Yeah because I totally thought "man I wish I was nodding my head while listening to some literally who's sob story instead of THIS boring shit".
>>and cares about the other aspects when the rest of SMT focusses on them much better
Nocturne was great, for sure, but I'm not going to try the SMTs on 3DS because I'm not a fan of staring at a static sprite while numbers flash all over the screen and first person dungeon crawling.
Even if I did, are you telling me I'm wrong to not like social links?
>>
>>383328298
I wish the Day of Reckoning was more like a few days.
Imagine a week of gameplay/story where you had to walk around Tokyo and play the game 'normally' while the sky was raining blood and there's a fuckhueg tower in the middle of Shibuya, all the while everyone outside the PT doesn't realize what's wrong.
>>
>>383326968
>Persona:Office Space edition
I'd buy it
>>
File: 1499062722444.jpg (29KB, 609x570px) Image search: [Google]
1499062722444.jpg
29KB, 609x570px
>>383328465
Yeah you're right, he could instead be playing an SMT game on the same quality as Persona 5, right?
I mean nobody who's ever played a Persona game has EVER FUCKING TOUCHED SMT MAINLINE BEFORE THERE'S JUST NO GODDAMN WAY HA HA.
>>
>>383328095
Maybe the main story has some sort of time travel plot.
Sometimes you skip days. Sometimes you go back days and relive them etc.
You're fighting shadows to fix the progression of time.
>>
File: 1444590881082.jpg (70KB, 562x437px) Image search: [Google]
1444590881082.jpg
70KB, 562x437px
>>383328548
>Nocturne was great, for sure, but I'm not going to try the SMTs on 3DS because I'm not a fan of staring at a static sprite while numbers flash all over the screen and first person dungeon crawling.
>>
>>383327096
Why not make the mc a teacher. Imagine a persona game where you're GTO, helping kids with their after school special tier problems and perving on the christmas cake teachers.
>>
>>383326115
so... basicly Persona 2

As a P2 duology fan, I dare to say you are most retarded.
>>
>>383309140
A japanese god, not the Cristian god as was origianally implyed
>>
>>383328885
>japanese game
>with a main character that is not in puberty
are you fucking high
>>
Shin Megami Tensei literally means True Resurrected Goddess
>>
>>383328885
Could I pick random students to answer questions?
>>
Remove the battling and make a dating sim because that's all this shitty fanbase cares about anyway, kill yourselves.
>>
>>383328548
If you cared about the characters, why would you not want to learn more about them? it doesn't make sense to me that you would like the characters in persona games and not want to know their backstories or why they act the way they do, hell in 4 and 5 a majority of their character progression happens during social links as well. It sounds like you just like them as set dressing, which is fine, but has nothing to do with what nupersona tries to focus on. You're not wrong for not liking social link, it just makes no sense why you would play the game when that's half the focus. I also didn't realize graphic fags existed outside of mainstream games
>>
>>383329135
Yes, but you won't know yourself if they're right or wrong. When the Standardized Tests come back, you'll know if you've taught wrong, and you'll salary will be adjusted as such.
>>
>>383326115
So you want to play an SMT game? Go fucking play an SMT game.
>>
One actually great thing they could've done it, is expanding the potential of dungeons like Mementos or Tartarus.
Make it so its a lot more rewarding grinding them, such as a better level design, finding shit that you can put in your room like Jack frost Dolls or something, finding hidden costumes, IMPROVING THE MC STATS, exclusive bosses with particular background and some plot around it.

I entered into mementos 2x before the end because it had nothing of worth besides Social Link Requests. It was a good improvment over Tartarus, but boring still and you need to enter it pretty much once in a lifetime to get every request done. Plus bring the side quests that had in Persona 4, such as beating shaddows for particular npc quests.
>>
>>383301651
As hokey as it might sound, persona really does need to get a little more edgy. The SMT series has a lot of edgy shit in it but it honestly is part of what gives games like nocturne their charm.
that thread a while ago describing persona 6 having a green motif to match a theme of illness/addiction was pretty great I would honestly love Persona Trainspotting.
>>
Make each social link play out in its own unique way, as opposed to the ones in 5 where they all shared a near-identical beat-for-beat narrative structure. The characters start to become a lot less engaging and distinct when their stories all read like a mad-libs version of someone else's.
>>
>>383328885
>Be a teacher
>Max social Link with a student

Kamoshida would be proud
>>
>>383326115
Being stuck in the shadow world too much is a grind. Even P5 was pushing it with Mementos
>>
File: 1494789629930.gif (296KB, 634x576px) Image search: [Google]
1494789629930.gif
296KB, 634x576px
Would adding a timer make the combat more fun?

I know you would just r1 to go to a move that has the weakness of an enemy.

It would seem fun
>>
I'd just like it if it covered college students instead of high school students

what I thought P5 would be when it was first announced
>>
someone redpill me on this series. what do you do in it and would i like it if im not a hardcore weeb
>>
>>383320141
Trails is boring PG garbage.
>>
>>383329940
you use the power of friendship to kill gods/deitys that are fucking with your highschool life
>>
So let's make a guess when Persona 6 will come out. I'm saying 2023. Screencap this.
>>
>>383329324
The big problem is that, outside of confidant abilities in 5, and how SLs tie to Persona fusion, Atlus are insistent on keeping the combat/dungeon half of the game locked away from the social side.
You can treat your party members like useless meatshields and constantly let them die in dungeons, but they'll still praise you to high heaven. Conversely, no-one notices if you're going out of your way to heal/buff one party member you favor over everyone else (especially if Joker is dating them). I remember that some of the Star Ocean games actually tracked this, so sometimes the best way to be nice to your preferred partner was to keep them out of battle, especially if a particularly dangerous enemy was ahead.
All the lockpicking and dangerous shit you encounter in Palaces has no bearing on your Proficiency and Guts. You can't spend time reading books about mythology and psychology to better prepare you for what you may encounter in a Palace, barring Yusuke's Medjed texts.
>>
>>383325879
FUCKING NIGGER USE THE SPOILERS, RETARDED ASS MORON FAGGOT GO SUCK A 12093812390M COCK YOU FILTHY NIGGER ASS AUTISTIC MONGRELL
>>
>>383329940
Spend time hanging out with friends to make relationships stronger to get perks from them that help in dungeons and battle.
Live as a Japanese boy as you go to school and take exams.
Level up your social stats by studying, eating giant burgers, and playing baseball. Among other things
Go after the big bad adults that are ruining society by entering dungeons and fighting monsters in turn based combat.
Capture monsters to fight for you and fuse them to make better monsters.
I enjoyed this game a lot, it was fun for me. You may enjoy it too anon. I'd say a good first persona game to jump into
>>
>>383329940
I've met people who aren't hardcore weebs and enjoyed it, but it really depends how much you care for the characters. You dungeon crawl to change people's hearts and interact with the characters for long periods of time to build bonds. So half VN and half dungeon crawler
>>
>>383330076
Name 2 gods
>>
>>383330431

Yaldabaoth
Nyx
>>
>>383330431
/a/non and OP
>>
>>383330085
I hope they hear us and actually do something about this, having to deal with this type of design without being more rewarding will just breed more half assed dungeons.

Palaces we're near the fullest potential of dugeon designs, why not make Mementos follow the same path ulinke boring railroads and nothing insteresting to find in it?
>>
>>383330872

Why the fuck does mementos needs to be fully fleshed out? Its just a time waster/ grinding area.

Have some priorities man.
>>
Persona mega crossover event when?
>>
>>383331007
Just like i stated, if Palaces were so cool to dive into, why Mementos had to be so unsuferable?
>>
>>383331007
Personally, I only give Mementos a pass because of the PT banter while driving around. That banter does a great job of fleshing out the characters in a way that the main story and SLs are unable to.
That, and it's only 60-something floors, instead of that 260+ floor monster from P3.
>>
>>383331182
When they decide to make Persona Smash Brothers
>>
File: 1499196760790.jpg (78KB, 509x708px) Image search: [Google]
1499196760790.jpg
78KB, 509x708px
>>383331182
When hashino is long gone from the persona series
>>
Why do I have this impending feeling that Persona 6 will be some kind of "VR MMO" thing?
>>
>>383331270
I only wish the banter didn't cut out when you activated a door.
>>
Have P6 be metal-themed with the Personas based on either Goetic demons or Norse gods.
>>
>>383331424
You mean like the game will be an MMO, or the "world" you travel to to fight shadows will be an MMO?
>>
File: 1400213228868.gif (790KB, 500x583px) Image search: [Google]
1400213228868.gif
790KB, 500x583px
Will there ever be a Persona game that takes place outside of Nippon?
>>
File: adachi.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
adachi.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
all you idiots dont want it to be in high school because you already graduated from high school and realized the entire world isnt high school.

persona is stuck in high school deal with it.

chinese cartoons are in high school deal with it.

high schoolers are the target audience for this, not you overgrown children.
>>
How about a Persona game not set in [current year].
Like one set in the 70s or something.
>>
>>383307171
>>383307325
There's still the issue of it feeling like you're being plowed through story days, I hated that you couldn't do anything to get your stats up during story days for no apparent reason.
>>
File: P5 mobage.jpg (49KB, 720x340px) Image search: [Google]
P5 mobage.jpg
49KB, 720x340px
How about P5 mobage?
>>
>>383331773

the latter
>>
File: 1486436063315.jpg (30KB, 321x482px) Image search: [Google]
1486436063315.jpg
30KB, 321x482px
>>383332269
Not gonna happen. How are all the characters going to bother each other constantly without cell phones?
>>
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg (247KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
247KB, 1000x1000px
>>383332269
and the award for most bopping soundtrack goes too...
>>
>>383301959
Shit I'd be happy if they just remade it in the same system as 5 has.
>>
>>383332623
It probably will be. Or not a specific game, but you going into the internet in general.
I'm surprised P5 didn't do that honestly. Though you did use a smartphone to reach the metaverse.
>>
>>383332269

Persona 4 was already the supposedly "retro" Persona game

The entire thing was built up as a throwback to the 80s country-side japan
>>
>>383330141
Why're you here if you didn't even beat the game?
>>
>>383331275
>Persona 4 Arena
>>
>>383301651
>all these people suggesting college setting
>no one suggesting middle school, grade school, or kindergarten
I'm disappointed in you, /v/
>>
File: 1487366879669.jpg (150KB, 542x960px) Image search: [Google]
1487366879669.jpg
150KB, 542x960px
>>383335338
Kindergarten spin off with Nanako as leader MC when?
>>
>>383335338
>all these people
It's just that one anon that can't self insert because he's in college.
>>
>>383326656
>Why do you think they're using high school emblem instead of the game title?

Because that picture would be cluttered with every title listed. Simple aesthetics purposes.

I think at this point we're having two completely different discussions. I focused on the main theme of the games when you said the high school was the central theme to each title which I've pointed out is completely false.

The presence of a high school in each title, as you pointed out, is true, but that doesn't mean the school is essential to the main theme for each game. Your picture of 5 school emblems doesn't even begin to showcase primary themes for each title.

Will they continue inserting X high school in each mainline installment? Probably, because Japan loves that shit, but it is not integral to a Persona game because the presence of a high school bears little impact on the overall story and what it attempts to convey, as EP shows.

If they insist on making the school aspect of the series an important characteristic of the franchise, they've done a poor job so far. After the initial moments of being in the school each game, it simply becomes another location with little importance on the main overarching theme.
>>
>>383335338
How about a Persona game where you're a NEET?
>>
>>383330872
How about if they had something like mementos, but you had to reach a certain level to get to the main palace? It'd be like P3 where you grind to beat the boss in a seperate location, except the boss is now impossible to beat until you complete the palace.
>>
>>383335765
To expand on this idea, it'd encourage traveling through it to get to the ending instead if just dropping that fact at the last minute.
>>
>>383335718
This was something I thought could potentially be interesting
Having the ability to save countless lives and save the world but you struggle to just go out and be around people
>>
Improve on Persona 5's writing

The moral of the story is that you don't need an alternate reality or superpowers to change the world, but that you just need to get up and do something about it instead. But the whole reason that the Phantom Thieves were formed was because if they went to the authorities about what Kamoshida was doing it would've just gotten swept under the rug and he still would've been allowed to do as he pleased.

Same with Madarame. I'm pretty fucking sure there was no getting out of those situations without making them repent in an otherworldly fashion.
>>
File: 1417825356108.jpg (15KB, 300x287px) Image search: [Google]
1417825356108.jpg
15KB, 300x287px
>>383335718
But then they would have to remove the core mechanics of going outside, forming social links, and performing combat. I mean all the game would be is a flipbook of calendar pages as the MC looks sadder and sadder.
>>
>>383336012
that's literally just Futaba
>>
>>383335712
>Will they continue inserting X high school in each mainline installment? Probably, because Japan loves that shit
It will be, and that is always the point of my post, as you can see by the post I replied to is this>>383316584
>>
>>383335718
Wishes granted, Persona 5.
Futaba
Turns out /v/ do want P5 after all.
>>
>>383335718
>dungeons are in the online metaverse
>recruit party members through chatroom
>can't see what they really look like at first only their persona form
>as the game progresses and you learn to leave your flat more, you figure out that your neighbors and people working nearby have been helping you online the whole time
>none of them believe you at first and social link ranks primarily involve convincing people that you are the real online avenger and not just some stalker dweeb

I would love this.
>>
>>383301651
>Make the progression of party member social links more present in the main story (reminder that Devil Survivor 2 does social links better than Persona)
>create more meaningful group events outside of being Phantom Thieves
>make texts actually meaningful and not a big waste of time to read. Texts is the main reason why the Phantom Thieves as a whole doesnt feel as connected to each other compared to P3/P4. No reason to not see each other a lot if you can just text each other, making it worse if the texts are empty and dull
>dont have some social link bonuses break the game
>introduce characters at a good pace and not at the very end where they would most likely be not very useful at that point. They dropped the ball twice in a row with Naoto in P4 and Haru in P5, except I guess Naoto was useful in Golden
>>
>>383337231
Haru's not useful?
What party are you even using?
>>
Better writing. It doesn't have to be great, just please better than the one-dimensional characters we have now.
>>
>>383337216
>can't see what they really look like at first only their persona form
That'd be pretty neat. A good way to explore the idea of personas being a person's true self.
>>
>>383309140
Kanye?
>>
File: 1499436515870.jpg (135KB, 773x632px) Image search: [Google]
1499436515870.jpg
135KB, 773x632px
An actual MC

Fuck off with these dead blank state MC's like it's the 2000's anymore, you ain't broke
>>
>>383303476
>but it says "Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4" right in the box!
>>
>>383302175
>remove the only unique thing about the series
If you don't like it don't play it man it's not like there aren't a gazillion other MegaTen games to play
>>
Have the finale actually be between you and your rival for once instead of the stupid god shit.

Nyx was good because of Battle for Everyones Souls, but 4 and 5s final bosses were uninteresting as fuck. Adachi and Akechi should have been in their spots (Or even Shido in 5)
>>
College is boring as fuck
Every student is minding their own business, no one bothers with clubs and student activitis because they are not mandatory
If you hang out with a group of friends, that's likely because you knew them from high school. You don't make new friends in college, what you do is finding a partner
That's why mist stories about friendship are set in high school while stories about romance are set in college (Love Hina; Ah Megami Sama, The Tatami Galaxy...)
>>
Don't rush the game like 5
>>
>>383340837
Battle for everyone souls are pretty overrated.
It was just a remix of velvet room song.
bleh
>>
>>383301651
I think Persona 5 was on the right track. The dungeon crawling was almost great, it was just a bit too easy, and Mementos sucked. There was also too much "downtime" with long strings of non-stop plot days with next to no interactivity. Instead of having so many cutscenes, there could be more gameplay added to the "real world" segments. Example: Instead of having a cutscene where the party stalks the villain, have a stealth mini-game. Anything to break up the tedium. Also get rid of the "you feel tired/go to sleep" shit and always let the protagonist do something at night (unless there's an elaborate story event at night), and increase the variety of night activities to compensate.

I'm also not a fan of how leveling up confidants works. 90% of the time, it's just meeting up with a character and telling them what they want to here, with the occasional social stat requirement. I'd like it if the scenarios were more elaborate and weren't just based on dialogue choices and stats. There could be mini-games, there could be dungeon crawling (there were some Mementos missions but Mementos itself is a slog), maybe collecting certain items, talking to a series of NPCs, etc. More variety, more novelty.
>>
>>383306338
>The plot is clear from the start and doesn't just start to make sense 3/4 way through the game.
wow you're a fucking teenager I can tell
>>
Female Protag option desu. Just look at P3P. She's both the better looking protag AND has the better Persona.
>>
>>383311005
She has kept door-kun frozen in her company with scientist/doctors monitoring him with the tiny hope that one day he'll wake up
>>
>>383312259
Japanese adult life is fucking boring man why do you think high school/teenage life is so over used in manga anime and games
>>
>>383301651
Combat needs to be overhauled

One more + Baton Pass is disgusting and unfun, Weaknesses feel tacked on and useless on bosses because of how good they are. Buffs lasting 3 turns and being so strong just makes them feel tedious to deal with, especially if bosses remove them at random.

Gay romance options

More mature cast, they really need to move on to college at least.
>>
>>383342649

Fuck off waifu faggot piece of shit
>>
They nailed it with the palaces.

But it always felt like I had way too much time. You should struggle to reach the deadline, not beat the thing in one day and then have nothing to do for a month.
>>
>>383340909
t. never been to college
>>
>>383317384
God IS a God. He's just a way more powerful God than the others who have enough power to call themselves God. Shit he isn't even called God, he's YMVH and the Great Will
>>
File: 1486785757031_0.png (304KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
1486785757031_0.png
304KB, 396x396px
>>383343535
not really, I just thought the P3 protag looked like a fag and figured I'd rather have a legitimate girl than some twig-limbed scene kid twink bullshit
or, yknow, give me an actual GUY
>>
>>383303459
The final boss has ties to you, though. And he was also hinted at. All the final bosses were, except Nyx, at least according to my memory.
>>
>>383308845
>Ruin the entirety of P3's god tier thematic cohesion
I can't imagine why you would want to do this.
>>
>>383301938
Izanami is literally the goddess in the name of the franchise.
>>
I think the battle theme in P5 is very good, but this is definitely a game I wish had multiple basic battle themes like The World Ends With You.
>>
>>383303315
Goddess Reincarnation = Megami Tensei. This is a direct reference to the first novel, where the Goddess Izanami is reincarnated and then Izanagi summons Loki and then Loki tries to rape her.
>>
>>383328004
>The plot.
Persona has always had relatively standard plots. 5 is probably the most unique, because I don't know many other games where you can be a Justice Thief.
>The characters.
Most of the characters are shown through Social Links.
>The dungeon crawling.
Standard dungeon crawling.
>Fusing/creating personas.
That's not even specific to Persona.
>Battling.
Standard.
>Pretty much every single thing that isn't social links.
50% of the game is shit found in SMT. The other 50% is social links. You want SMT, go play SMT.
>How could you forget that there's more to the game than answering an NPC's questions correctly? Are you retarded? Do you have brain damage?
Yes, there is 50% of the game that isn't that. That 50%, again, is SMT.
>>
>>383309140
A god is different than God. One is an extremely powerful being that's usually specializes in certain areas like Greek/Hindu gods. God is the all powerful being that created everything and is the end all be all like the Christian/Islamic God
>>
>>383344737

Yeah, it starts to become a "beat the battle before hearing You'll Never See It Coming" challenge for me.

In TWEWY sometimes I would prolong the battles just to hear the music
>>
>>383328885
Considering that GTO Kenka Bancho game will never get translated, I'd be all for it.
>>
File: 1498851930849.jpg (75KB, 500x561px) Image search: [Google]
1498851930849.jpg
75KB, 500x561px
DA MAN is the best written character in all of MegaTen and everyone else needs to be modeled on him.

I'd tell you to dispute this but I don't want to give you a challenge you can't surmount.
>>
File: scrn_persona3Evoker.jpg (16KB, 418x237px) Image search: [Google]
scrn_persona3Evoker.jpg
16KB, 418x237px
>>383345154
>Stupei, Ace Defective
>Good
Pic related, it's my reaction.
>>
File: da_pression.jpg (28KB, 417x326px) Image search: [Google]
da_pression.jpg
28KB, 417x326px
>>383345667
Fuck off. He's the only character with a meaningful character arc.
>>
>>383345154
the hard truth
>>
>>383345154
I like to imagine Yukari grew up to be Kawakami and Junpei grew up to be Kamoshida
>>
Drop all the highschool bullshit. Just make it about a group of thieves. Why's it always got to be highschool?
>>
>>383345154
Who?
>>
File: Junpei_Iori_in_P3_Movie.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Junpei_Iori_in_P3_Movie.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
>>383345748
>That filename
Well, some respect.
>>
So I just fought the enemy that guards the Dice game in Sae's palace and it caused my MC to level up three times.

What the fuck just happened?
>>
>>383346086
It's for a jap audience and they all want to be teenagers again because working in japan is soul crushing
>>
>>383346086
Because Japan worships highschool.
Also because Persona is urban fantasy, and half the appeal of urban fantasy is the character juggling their supernatural life with their normal life.
>>
>>383344286
Not that guy, but I agree with you.
>>
>>383345748
>WASSUP, BRO
>I don't like that you're in charge
>Sorry about that, WASSUP?
>Also I have a girlfriend who is one of the worst characters in the series!

Deepest. Character.
>>
File: 1407233627485.jpg (69KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1407233627485.jpg
69KB, 300x300px
>>383345815
>I like to imagine Yukari grew up to be Kawakami and Junpei grew up to be Kamoshida
Heh, I can imagine that.
>>
P3 had the worst set of characters and it's not even close.

>*girl crying her eyes out*
>Try to comfort her with a friendly, cordial hug
>RAPE
>RAAAAPE
>I'M BEING RAAAAAAPED
>Broken social link
>>
I wanna see a game like 2 again, but with good gameplay.
>>
>>383346382
Compare that to literally everyone else.
>>
File: P.jpg (81KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
P.jpg
81KB, 600x338px
>>383346556
OK? Pretty sure that would just harm your argument even more.
>>
>>383344286
Yeah MC was a pretty shit design. Brotag was pretty good since he was supposed to look plain as fuck. I thought Potter-kun was gonna be shit but his cocky attitude in palaces saves him
>>
>>383346243
Were you underleveled? I think that happened to me a few times.
>>
>>383301651
Good writing
less time wasting cutscenes
less anime cliches
>>
>>383301651
The main cast can stay at teenagers but make all of them don't go to school, they go straight into adult-world job.
>>
>persona 6

Doesn't matter 'cuz odds are most of us will be dead before the 2030 release.
>>
>>383346556
>>
>>383346556
Here's the thing. If you compare him to everyone else, he is literally on the same level. I like Junpei, he's probably one of the more irritating characters because his arc is total bullshit, but he's still cool at the end of the day. But let's not pretend he has any more depth than the rest of the characters.
>>
How did Ryuji survive the explosion?
>>
>>383347448
philemon
>>
>>383347448
Retard strength and endurance.
>>
>>383347448
Better questions, why do the girls beat him up for it?
>>
>Attacks that target all enemies no longer result in "One More"s for exploiting the weakness of only one enemy in the group. Enemies rarely if ever take advantage of this so it only benefits you.
>Character development in social links should have some sort of presence in the main storyline dialog. Ryuji's character between his SL and story dialogues were especially jarring.
>P5's dialog is too monotonous, which is odd since this wasn't a problem with P3/4.
>Allow us to fast forward through flashy animations. It gets old having to linger on a screen with a knife thrown at the date every single Goddamn day after the 20th time and seeing your character take a victory lap at the end of every battle.
>BRING BACK WEATHER FORECAST
>Have your full cast assembled before the halfway point. People bitch about Haru, but Naoto joins a month and a half later
>More than one regular battle theme/option to choose a battle theme by circumstance (neutral start, preemptive, ambush)
>Bring back certain choices in SLs having parameter requirements
>Change the SL point system and make it a "bank" instead of resetting back to zero for each level rank
>Drop dead MC = game over. This is stupid and doesn't make a damn lick of sense considering the rest of the party members can be revived and makes revival skills (even Samarecarm, which you would only want to use on MC since full health revival items are rare or pricey considering you're going to burn through money like water if you want to fill out the Persona compendium) a waste of a skill slot
P5 was great, but it felt like for each thing they finally did right compared to P3/4, they took one step back in other aspects.

>>383323904
P5 is the easiest game to max SLs on the first cycle. Fortune takes a lot of burden off of time management and I managed to max all links on my first playthrough without even intending to.
>>
>>383347448
That's not Ryuji.

Remember, everything in Persona is fueled by the collective unconscious. There was a part of everyone who thought Ryuji would still be alive, and as such their cognition brought back Cognitive Ryuji. He even comes back the same way Morgan does.
>>
>>383348443
MC death being Game Over is because killing him is much harder because he's overpowered bullshit.
>>
>>383347375
Junpei is the only character who changes over time like a regular person and does it without your constant help. His development is spurned on by you, but in the end it's Junpei and Junpei alone who is responsible for Junpei.

>>383347161
P2 is cheating.
>>
>>383348883
Except that's the problem, and the most common lie. Junpei DOES NOT change. He starts and finishes exactly the same, all he does is tell you he's sorry for being a dick. And by the way? He was only a dick to you twice, while thinking about being a dick to you two other times.
>>
I'd appreciate it if they stopped with the same exact plot outline

>You're a new guy in town
>Meet two people, a bro character and a female who makes fun of said bro character
>Go on adventures in another world and harness the power of Persona
>Meet friends and a mascot character along the way
>Oh wow it's a god!
>Don't worry, Ultimate Persona!
>>
>>383349007
Did you not play the answer?

I mean, if you didn't, don't, but at least watch the story clips.

Junpei grows quite a bit, from a clown type character with little in the way of regard for responsibilities, to someone who is willing to shoulder the weight and consequences of his decisions. His mini-arc with his dad and interactions with MC and Aigis all push him towards this.
>>
>>383349261
You can't really expect originality from Japan
>>
>>383349375
>Did you not play the answer?
Sorry anon, if it doesn't have shitty social links, everyone's too much of a pussy to play through it.
Personally I'd love more Persona games that were just like The Answer.
>>
>>383349007
Junpei goes from a prick who thinks he's only good at fighting, and is jealous of you because you're better at him than that, to a caring, more level headed person thanks to Chidori.

This is shown the most in the abomination that is the Answer, where Junpei ends up being the calm and collected person. The Junpei at the start of P3 would not be that.
>>
>>383349428
The thing is that the first half of the franchise all have completely different plot outlines.
>>
>>383349542
>the abomination that is the Answer,
Oh boy here we go, I'm going back to that "opinions that make you mad" thread now.
>>
I want to play a Shin Megami Tensei game where we get to be a character that interacts with Demons and Characters alike through negotiations and bartering.

Demons like Macca a lot, why not explore that reason. Let me be the salesman that trades them abilities / tips / directions / gossip for Macca. I want to interact with the demon world in a way other than trying to tear it a new asshole every game, and bonus points if I get to still interact with the human world as a partial outsider as well.
>>
>>383349519
The Answer would be fine if it had the compendium. No fucking clue why they thought taking that out was a good idea
>>
>>383349653
Answer is shit except for some good character writing. Story itself is shit, and a YouTube video is the best way to experience it.
>>
>>383303459
I read that final line as "nigger" and had to do a double take
Not even racist just thought it was funny
>>
>>383349653
The Answer is fucking terrible for a number of reasons that all start with "Y" and end with "ukari is an insufferable cunt", but Junpei is not one of them.

That said, The Answer is also canon, so their characterization at the beginning of The Answer is the character's they've grown to be at the end of P3.
>>
>>383349428
You can't expect originality from anyone, that's why most movies coming out are fucking reboots and sequels.
>>
>>383322238
>Stop making God
>God
>Capital G
>As in the christian god named God.
>I.... am a god
>god
>Lower case g
>As in not God
>Well, pack it up, boy. You're a fucking retard holy shit kill yourself.
>>
Not having multiple days in a row where you can't do anything. If you're too tired to leave your room, at least be able to do 0 effort things like watching movies or read something. 5 wasn't even a full year so it is sinful to limit you even more because 2tired
>>
>>383349753
Yeah removing the compendium kinda pissed me off, too. What the fuck was the point of that?
>>383349796
Nah you're just a casual if you don't finish it at least once personally.
>>
>>383303459

So... basically you want P3 again? I mean, I'm down that and all.

>>Character development not entirely dependent on S.Links and/or characters behaving differently in the story based on how far along you are in their link
Almost all of the P3 cast. Ken and Shinji get special mention.

>>No more mascots, either go back to Koromaru-style animal characters or have a full human cast
Koromaru is perfect, glad you agree.

>>Final boss that actually has ties with the player character and is hinted at rather than coming entirely out of left field and preferably isn't a god
Yup. Nyx was hinted at and literally spelled out several times.

>>No alternate worlds except for the Velvet Room
This would be nice, but then it starts to get Devil Survivory when Demons are literally just roaming the streets.

>>More acknowledgement that P1 and 2 exist, be it through character cameos a la Vincent in P3P or Katsuya in P5 (via the TV)
P3 did it with the butterfly and a few other little acknoledgements of Philemon and one of Nyarlathotep.

>>Dialogue choices that actually matter
This would definitely be nice.

>>Fewer unnecessary spinoffs
So basically just not P4?

>>Continued inclusion of JP audio option
Yeah, but even the P5 JP Audio wasn't that great.

>>Same-sex romance S.Links
Eh, I'd be down if they just got rid of romance S.Links all together, or maybe give one. There's no reason that you should be able to romance everyone, and it's super unlikely for it to be possible that everyone like you - P3P FeMC's S.Link with Junpei was perfect, cause he friendzoned her hard, and proved that you don't need to be able to romance everyone to have a lasting relationship.
>>
>>383350486
Why?

Persona 3's battle system is outdated and just this side of absolute garbage. It rewards grinding out the ass and that's about it. If it were closer to mainline SMT's it'd be bearable, or if it were DeSu's it'd actually be good, but Persona 3/4/5's combat mechanics have never been anything to write home about.
>>
>>383350529
>same sex sl

I hope Atlus keep doing what they've been doing, which is not making a game based on bullshit. Sometimes i believe that ppl need to put gay into literally everything, and i like guys myself.
>>
>>383350790
>Why?
Because you're making excuses to not play a short, necessary addition to the story of Persona 3.
Man the fuck up and play it. Focus on hitting weaknesses, spam all out attacks whenever possible.
I completed it twice through and in spite of it being automatic hard mode, it's smooth sailing if you're competent.
>Persona 3's battle system is outdated
Then why the fuck did you play Persona 3 to begin with?
>>
>>383348443
I like all of those ideas but if the Mc is k.o.ed the the rest of the battle should go into auto-mode since the mc can't give out direct orders
>>
>>383351145
>Because you're making excuses to not play a short, necessary addition to the story of Persona 3.
Outside of Aigis's final decision, Junpei's growth, and the final sequence (none of which require gameplay), it's completely forgettable and hardly necessary.

>Man the fuck up and play it. Focus on hitting weaknesses, spam all out attacks whenever possible.
>I completed it twice through and in spite of it being automatic hard mode, it's smooth sailing if you're competent.
It's hardly automatic hard mode, the game itself is easy as balls after the first moon and even before that it's practically a cake walk so long as you don't get crit'd by the first moon's Shadow.

It's not hard, there's barely any strategy necessary - it's just fucking tedious as shit and that's it. The developers specifically said that's why they introduced S.Links, to break up the monotony of the battle system.

>>Persona 3's battle system is outdated
>Then why the fuck did you play Persona 3 to begin with?
P3P's battle system is NOT shit - it's not optimal, but it's not fucking terrible. P3's is and came out over a decade ago, when we didn't have nearly as many choices and our standards for gameplay were lower - you just haven't raised your standards.
>>
File: 1315672456075.jpg (139KB, 649x652px) Image search: [Google]
1315672456075.jpg
139KB, 649x652px
>>383351759
>Hates The Answer
>Played P3P
Oh. I see. I don't need to argue with you any longer, I know exactly how stupid you are.
>>
>>383352006
P3P is objectively the superior version of P3
>>
File: 1415023754961.jpg (63KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1415023754961.jpg
63KB, 1024x576px
>>383352006
Not that guy but I don't seen anything wrong with hating the piece of shit the answer, and playing P3P.
>>
>>383301651
Haru should have been the traitor
>>
Have they started on 6 or do we have to wait for it on a new console?
On second thought how well did the PC version of 5 sell?
>>
>>383352423
>PC
What?
>>
File: 1493627388502.png (52KB, 251x250px) Image search: [Google]
1493627388502.png
52KB, 251x250px
>>383352102
>>
>>383301651
get rid of social links and allow party members to use multiple personas
>>
Get rid of that fucking space dungeon and all story elements involved including Haru
>>
>>383350529
>P3 did it with the butterfly and a few other little acknoledgements of Philemon and one of Nyarlathotep.

Which one was the Nyarly reference?
>>
Morgana is cute, CUTE!
>>
File: Helios.jpg (13KB, 200x382px) Image search: [Google]
Helios.jpg
13KB, 200x382px
>>383358593
I'd take Helios over Morgana
>>
File: 1499351106314.jpg (251KB, 445x1293px) Image search: [Google]
1499351106314.jpg
251KB, 445x1293px
>>383351113
>>383350529
Original Anon here. I'm pretty sick of romance as well and found Junpei to be a huge breath of fresh air on my FeMC run after being forced to amass a harem on my normal one. That being said, knowing that Atlus isn't going to get rid of it because people would riot, how about this?
>Bisexual protagonist
>One single dateable S.Link of the same sex similar to Rhajat and Niles in FE14, but not built completely around their sexuality in design nor S.Link progression
>You can still confess to and be rejected by straight characters, like how you can become "Lovers?" with Jun but not Eikichi
>Actually have to work towards romance regardless of the gender matchup, spending extra time with the person afterwards so that it makes more sense for them to fall in love with you
>Some S.Links require more points than others, and some are flat-out not able to be dated (not just child/animal/straight characters, either)
"Representation" is dumb and appeasing fujos/fudans is hardly a good idea, but if you're going to make your game a glorified dating sim you might as well go all out. Also, I was thinking more P2 for "no alternate worlds," where normal people can't see shadows (or the protagonists in battle mode if we want to do P5 type costumes again). No Tartarus/Mementos shit would be nice, too.
>>
>>383361454
Why do we need this shit? Being bisexual or gay is fucking minority.
>>
>>383361650
>If you're going to make your game a glorified dating sim you might as well go all out.
Thread posts: 377
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.