[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aside from microtransactions - What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: header[1].jpg (48KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
48KB, 460x215px
Aside from microtransactions - What went wrong?
>>
File: 1430004093838.jpg (31KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1430004093838.jpg
31KB, 540x540px
Story was cut in half for a game that's now never coming out because Square Enix shelved the franchise because this one sold like shit because it's half a game.

FUCK PUBLISHERS
>>
>>383299785
The story, lack of base content, generic gameplay.
>>
Cover based gameplay.
>>
too short and a bit clunky. story ends right when it's picking up.
>>
Preorder scheme that blew up in Square's face
Horrendous optimization on PC version
Hamfisted politics in the story
One hub to explore (Golem City is pretty much linear)
Story is clearly cut off for sequel bait (which isn't going to happen)
Breach Mode is basically just "Deus Ex But With No Stealth At All"

The gameplay was fine, but they fucked up every other part of it.
>>
I finished it last week and the way it just ends abruptly with so much shit open felt terrible. It takes quite long to get going and just when you start getting into it you get blueballed. If O had bought this on release I'd be mad as fuck
>>
>>383299785
nothing happens, the game
>>
File: 1499031013905.jpg (82KB, 259x350px) Image search: [Google]
1499031013905.jpg
82KB, 259x350px
>>383300013
>SE fucked over all their western developers just to get scramble some extra funds for Final Fantasy XV
>game ends up being mediocre and undersells anyways
>>
>>383300013
Not even half, it felt like a quarter of what the final game should have been at the pace it was going.
>>
>>383301518
>developers blaming anyone but themselves for failure
thats right up there with feminists and SJWs who blame society for being incompetent
>>
File: 1488568503764.jpg (26KB, 367x411px) Image search: [Google]
1488568503764.jpg
26KB, 367x411px
>>383299785
>buy the game in september
>power supply starts going to shit specifically for this game
>play maybe 20-30 minutes at a time before the rig overloads and shuts off
>buy a new power supply a month later
>this power supply fries my hard drive
>wait two months for the warranty to be fulfilled and get a new power supply
>finally play MD unhindered
>finish it after four months and think absolutely perfect
>replay it again for the achievements
>literally takes three hours if you avoid side quests

it's a shame because the art design of Prague is great, the music is great, and the augs are well-thought

was the DLC worth encouraging awful business practices?
>>
>>383300531
>Hamfisted politics in the story
HR was already going in that direction.
>>
Lackluster story and pacing, poor new supporting cast, one (or two if you count the ghetto) hub instead of several smaller ones to offer more variety. Otherwise it's a really good game. Excellent level design.
>>
>Finishing DE:MD took me longer than finishing first DE
>It actually feels way less completed than the latter
>>
>>383299785
It's a third of a 10/10 game. The fact that we only went to Golem once was retarded.
>>
>>383299785
Its only flaw is that it's unfinished.
But that's a fatal one.
>>
yfw the madmen actually did pink and white
>>
>>383299785
>Glaring structural issues, like how they make you do you a shooting tutorial 4 hours into the game, after you've already done several missions.
>The story isn't great and suffers from similar structural problems. Feels incomplete and suffers from being sequel bait.
>Small ass open world.
>easy as fuck and can completed in a couple of hours if you don't do the sidequests.
>All the good gameplay is in the sidequests.
>Retarded forced identity politics that don't work

Still a pretty good game though.
>>
>bought all the doosex games for 20 during sale
>play HR and enjoyed it a few years ago
>MD has me too bored to continue 1 hour in.
>uninstall
>>
Extremely Boring story thematically and plotwise just like HR. Had even less characters than HR that I gave a shit about. Sarif voice actor was changed to some effeminate fag. Gameplay was okay but just felt like HR 2.0. DLC.
>>
Looked the same as DE:HR years later coupled with using the most intensive anti-aliasing (MSAA? CSAA? TXAA? SSAOOAOAO? Stop fucking inventing new AA to sell cards, Nvidia, no one can keep track of this shit anymore) and setting it to some absurd value so it ran poorly for people who just pick a grafix Preset while not looking substantially better than DE:HR.
AUGMENT YOUR PREORDER marketing scam to try to drive up preorders by dangling preorder Stretch Goals which backfired and pissed people off because it was bullshit.
Sqeenix milking gaijin IPs for money to cover for how troubled FF14 and FF15 werea.
Chopping the game in half to sell it as two games instead of one.
The MUH APARTHEID angle their lead writer was pushing for and trying to court BLM with it.
>>
>>383307167
>Looked the same as DE:HR
except the golden color everywhere which i unironically liked
>>
>>383299785
The story didn't really go anywhere and felt dumbed down, nothing was explained well, everything else was just "ok", like it's what I'd expect from a stealth shooter, but it didn't do anything particularly well.
>>
>Beat HR once it came out and loved every second of it
>bought cheap HR:Directors Cut but never played it
is it actually worth replaying?
>>
File: IMG_0386.png (133KB, 1035x920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0386.png
133KB, 1035x920px
>>383304081
Really? I had the opposite reaction. It's no secret the writers fall on one side of the political spectrum, and the conspiracy theories that make up the meat of the game are generally associated with the other. Still, I felt they treated those social fears and apprehensions with respect. Something I appreciate about the DX series as a whole is that all the levity comes from the characters. The world itself is dead serious.

HR had a bombastic DJ, Alex Jones type, but again, everything he said (even the parts that were wrong in the context of the game) were believable in the DX setting.
>>
Square basically killed the game

I legit think under another publisher it would have been 10/10
>>
>>383306516
I think originally you were to start in Prague, and then the intro mission would have a day-transition mission similar to golem City
>>
>>383299785
Very little. No sequel, that's pretty much it.
Game iS GOAT, and is better than HR by a mile.
Is Criminal Past DLC any good btw?
>>
File: c64_tapedrive_large-11391985.jpg (62KB, 606x404px) Image search: [Google]
c64_tapedrive_large-11391985.jpg
62KB, 606x404px
>went wrong
Breach mode clearly soaked a large portion of the development time and wasn't fun with all the microtransaction garbage.
Away missions should have been the meat of the game but felt like tacked on strolls in the park. It's a shame that so much good level design gets wasted like this.
The hubs have weird sizing and pacing.
The game is clearly biased towards stealth despite it constantly handing you things to shoot your way through situations.
All the politicking is hamfisted and weak as a result.
>>
>>383305343
that's kind of sad, considering DE had a ton of stuff cut to make the release date like the white house level, side with unatco plotline, and the moon level
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.