[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just installed this, never played this game before. What am I in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

Just installed this, never played this game before. What am I in for?
>>
Great immersion, atmosphere, writing and amount of freedom. On the downside the writing is also incredibly cheesy and the graphics are starting to really show their date.
>>
>>383290369
Great story, side quests are actually all interesting and worth doing. Multiple ways to complete most objectives. Great dialogue system and facial expressions make interacting with NPC's really enjoyable.

The game also has an amazing soundtrack and other audio to listen to. Give the music with lyrics in the clubs and a few other areas a chance and listen to them, I've found some of my favorite bands through this game. And turn on the radios for the talk show.
>>
>>383290369
Install the unofficial plus patch.
>>
>>383291867
Unofficial Patch basic*. Plus patch is better if you play through the game multiple times but a lot of people prefer the basic patch.
>>
unpolished gameplay, but awesome story and setting.

You also get great music and vampire tits.
>>
Pile of steaming shit, meme game with shit gameplay, terrible combat, shit character development, rushed as fuck

/v/ only praises it because it has waifus in it.

If you're that kind of fucking autist then you might enjoy it too
>>
File: vampire morrowind.jpg (392KB, 1023x1487px) Image search: [Google]
vampire morrowind.jpg
392KB, 1023x1487px
>>383290754
>graphics are starting to really show their date

You guys sure have been born with a silver spoon in your mouth. Like, I can still endure vanilla Morrowind quite easily and next to that, VtM:BL looks gorgeous.

Where do you draw your line at?
>>
>>383292105
The plus patch is a must have even for the first play through.
It makes the last 25% of the game less tedious
>>
literally only good for the atmosphere (which is legitimately quite good), the novelty of being the only memorable Vampire RPG, and options like Malk and Nosferatu providing some replay value
>>
best cRPG with a modern setting.
>>
>>383292462
It's okay if you don't like it and the game definitely has its flaws but it has a lot of positive aspects too.

>>383292674
I don't get that either. I can play new games and appreciate the graphics but can also play older stuff and appreciate the art style without focusing on "outdated graphics". I can understand why people want better and better graphics but to say something is outdated is ignoring a lot.
>>
>>383292692
How so? Last time I played with the Plus version was a while ago, and I don't remember any changes to the last part of the game.
>>
Don't open it.
>>
>>383292674
I just don't really enjoy any 3D graphics other than 8th+ nowadays because they're so much better than anything else. 6th (like VTMB) is the second best still though, 7th can go die in a fire and 5th needs to get euthanized. I'm 30 btw, I've seen silver spoons irl but I don't remember ever having one in my mouth.
>>
GEHENNA SOON BROTHERS
>>
File: windows_2873-51295611926.jpg (103KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
windows_2873-51295611926.jpg
103KB, 1024x768px
>>383294310
>5th needs to get euthanized

Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. It doesn't look too pretty, I give you that. But isn't it amazing how immersion sucks you in like in Thief:TDP and you're able to look past all that mess?
>>
>>383293114
They added a shortcut to the Warrens that drastically reduces the amount of time spent there.
>>
pretty good rpg, shit combat
>>
>>383290369
A buggy game with one of the worst combat sistems ever..
>>
>>383292674
>Where do you draw your line at?
Dort Fort
Call me a casual all you want but that shit gives me eye cancer.
>>
>>383290369
a good and unique rpg experience
>>
>>383290369
insufferable bugs whilst listening to awesome soundtrack
>>
I recommend playing as a female malkavian. Shit gives you fucking amazing dialogue options. Also you may have to download the patch and do some fuckery to get it to run if you havn't already. It's totally worth it though IMO. One of my favorite RPGs.
>>
>>383296191
Oh, I guess that makes it better. I think a bigger problem is the number of enemies in there though. Even though I know exactly where to go now since I've played it so much, the number of enemies still bothers me a bit.
>>
File: BAT.jpg (139KB, 500x663px) Image search: [Google]
BAT.jpg
139KB, 500x663px
>>383298326
>recommending Malkavian playthrough first

Hell no. Maybe for the 2nd or 3rd run. Like I would never encourage anyone play a Nos first.
>>
>>383298393
>I think a bigger problem is the number of enemies in there though
If you didn't completely ignore combat skills it's not a huge deal. People usually have a problem with Warrens because they played a social character the whole time and weren't prepared for a 100% combat section.
>>
>>383298880
Yeah it's not difficult, it's just tedious fighting the same 2 enemies over and over, especially for your first time where you end up going down dead ends. It's mainly why I stopped using the True Patch and switched to the Unofficial Patch. The True Patch keeps the respawning enemies which just isn't fun.
>>
>>383298742
Is playing Nos any fun?
It's one of the few clans I haven't played.
>>
>>383299345
It's fun, but you have to use the sewers to travel instead of the taxi which can be a little tedious. It's funny to see people's reactions to you.
>>
>>383299345
worth it at least once for all the unique dialogue.
>>
>>383299345
The dialogue you have with the restaurant critic as a Nos is already worth an extra playthrough.
>>
>>383299824
Arthur and Slater too.

>Home of the monstro-face... I mean uh, monstro-chug
>>
>>383290369
Uninstall it bro. Just pick up Vampyr is a few months.
>>
>>383290369
a shit game with interesting characters, dialogue options and universe
>>
>>383298742
Malkavian can only be enjoyed on your first run.
Then it goes down to "lel, le reference, I get it". Trying to get what the game is telling you makes it a totally new game. There is always time to be an edgy bloodsucker.

Also obfuscation level 4 + dementia level 1 is a hell of a combo.
>>
File: 23r23r.jpg (523KB, 1200x2268px) Image search: [Google]
23r23r.jpg
523KB, 1200x2268px
>>383290369
Read this shit first
>>
>>383302942
>Trying to get what the game is telling you makes it a totally new game.
Even if you hear the dialogue you won't know what it's referring to until it's already happened, you're not figuring out some secret message before it happens.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.