[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: omdu-lg.png (218KB, 525x313px) Image search: [Google]
omdu-lg.png
218KB, 525x313px
What went wrong?
>>
>>383288509
Making it an ASSFAGGOTS game.
>>
>>383288509
We want the dota audience, instead of expanding upon the co-op of the last game and making a generally improved sequel which would have been a commercial success.
>>
Surprisingly unoptimized and a sequel to 2 tower defense games it really alienated it's original fanbase. At launch you couldn't even play with your friends, and oh my god the queue times were so bad. Co-op dropped for versus shit???
>>
>>383288509
OMD was good, OMD2 was ASS (because you HAD to have two players to have fun)
it's only natural that OMD"3" would be ASSFAGGOTS
>>
>>383288509
I enjoyed the first 2 and installed this but never played. Did they some how break the simple defensive formula?
>>
File: seinfeld4.png (263KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
seinfeld4.png
263KB, 500x375px
>>383288997
>you HAD to have two players to have fun
Some of the missions were harder for one player but it really wasn't much different from the first.
>>
>>383289389
Yeah I completed War Mage difficulty solo, did some infinite maps at 50+ waves and then completed over half of Nightmare difficulty solo but at that point it was just getting ridiculous alone. On the flipside when I finally found someone to play it with, we quit playing almost instantly because it was way too boring and easy at the start with two players.
That's some real ASS balancing right there. OMD1 was damn near perfect when it came to that.
>>
How many entries does this series have now? I played 1 & 2. Loved 1 but hated 2 because it's basically made only for co-op. Are there any more SP oriented ones aside from the first?
>>
File: 1485724547712.jpg (30KB, 539x552px) Image search: [Google]
1485724547712.jpg
30KB, 539x552px
>>383288509
>make 2 aiight co-op game
>its not riddled with shit like dungeon defenders
>riddle it with shit for no reason other than chasing a fast buck
>>
>>383288509
The director was a cunt who told them to "do everything League of Legends does" and creeped on the female staff to the point where they kicked him out.
>>
>>383288509

I thought the whole "rotating free roster with grinding unlocks" aspect was pretty dumb, especially since they had what, twelve characters?
>>
>>383288509

It just felt really bad to play compared to the first two games. Same thing happened with Dungeon Defenders. I don't understand how it is apparently so easy to make a sequel so shitty when your original release was just fucking fine.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.