[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Argue.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: normal_1487591348.jpg (131KB, 700x341px) Image search: [Google]
normal_1487591348.jpg
131KB, 700x341px
Argue.
>>
DaS II DLCs are the most fun part of the series minute for minute
>>
they're all good but none of them are 10/10
>>
File: Mandatory Souls Games.jpg (306KB, 1198x827px) Image search: [Google]
Mandatory Souls Games.jpg
306KB, 1198x827px
Let's be honest and just cut out the fat here.
>>
About to play BB for the first time actually

Do i just light roll and stack strength? Any tips or stats to avoid?
>>
>>383286762
>demon's souls
>relevant
Eh, this meme should die already
>>
>>383286762
then why did you leave DeS?
>>
>>383286776
Try here >>383284979
>>
>>383286762
DaS3 is worth being included. Has a good chunk of the series' best bosses
>>
File: fixed.png (2MB, 1198x825px) Image search: [Google]
fixed.png
2MB, 1198x825px
>>383286762
Let me fix that for you.
>>
>>383287070
nice
>>
>tfw dark souls 3 is your favorite
>>
File: latest[1].png (161KB, 420x450px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
161KB, 420x450px
All I want to discuss is how retarded Ostrava is and how much of an awful NPC quest his existence was.
In fact, why was every NPC in Demon Souls either an unlikeable cunt or an entirely irrelevant hurfdurftendency "chat to me once then never again" event?
>>
>>383286263
Good DeS, DaS, DaS 3

Trash: DaS 2, BB
>>
Dark souls 2 and 3 are best of series.
>>
File: 5346345.jpg (30KB, 470x481px) Image search: [Google]
5346345.jpg
30KB, 470x481px
>DeS still not on the playstation store
>DeS still not on Steam

It's like they hate money.
>>
>>383287802
Good: DeS, DaS, DaS2, DaS3, BB
Perfect:
Trash:
>>
>>383286263
DeS
>Most innovative, best invasion system, bonus points for world and character tendencies actually being good, gameplay hold up, best single weapon in the entire series -- Estoc.
DaS1
>Most interconnected world, transition from walking everywhere to warping makes the game open up at just the right time giving it good pacing.
DaS2
>Was a guinea pig for later ideas (tricking and BA were derived from Power Stance, sought to balance ranged/shields in later patches, added guard breaks, multiple phases to boss fights, etc).
BB
>Best music, level design consistency, weapons, movesets, mechanics, combat, enemies, atmosphere, narrative, arguably best bosses if you factor in things like lore and atmosphere, only game in the series that subverts expectation.
DkS3
Likely best bosses if atmosphere doesn't factor into bosses. Best healing/mana system. 2nd best at tons of shit behind BB or DkS1.

If you were to evaluate each game in a vacuum BB and DkS3 would probably be the best by a good margin. However if you consider the games as whole, when they came out, and the series history, I think the picture is more like BB > DkS1 > DeS > DkS2/3.
>>
>>383290301
>tendencies being good

In what alternate universe is this a thing?
>>
>>383288734

/thread of all /threads, enough of circlejerking and contrarianism.
>>
>>383290570
They were good though? It made the worlds feel way more alive.
>>
>>383290748

No, what it did is being a horribly random annoyance that impaired you from getting to see the game properly.
There is no "but replayability value!" to the argument because the shifts are minuscule, easy to miss and most importantly, they are barred by retardedly artificial ways of getting things done that generally just locked you into never touching body form ever if you didn't want to screw yourself over.
>>
DaS3 has the worst enemy variety in the series.

>high wall
Generic boring zombies and knights.
>undead settlement
More zombies but with peasant clothing.
>road of sacrifices
Shittier stupid callback enemies to crow demons from DaS1, more boring zombies but now with sticks, and uhh giant crabs lol.
>farron keep
Shitty crawling slugs, rehashed enemies from previous games, and boring cliche goatmen.
>cathedral of the Deep
More zombies, more knights, and some gimmicky maggot retards. Oh and don't forget the rehashed slimes from DaS1!
>catacombs
Generic skeletons.
>smoldering lake
Rehashed enemies from previous areas and some cliche goat demons.
>irithyll
More zombies and knights.
>irithyll dungeon
Shittier mindflayers and some crawling shit mobs.
>Profaned capital
MEMBER GARGOYLES!!!?!!
>anor londo
Rehashed enemy from DaS1.
>lothric castle
Not a single new enemy introduced. All enemies are from high wall even though this area is majorly important.
>consumed garden
Literal poop monsters that you can only with fire.
>untended graves
Rehashed enemies from previous areas.
>grand archives
Reskinned Deacons but with candles on their heads.
>archdragon peak
Annoying shittier snakemen from DaS1.
>painted world
More knights, more shitty corvians aka demon crow ripoffs and some reskinned dog wolves.
>dreg heap
Shitty DaS2 tier crawling zombies and more tedious fat knight enemies.
>ringed city
More zombies and knights and some dumb grasshoppers at the end.
>>
>>383291326
>"There is no "but replayability value!" to the argument because..."
First off, you have no argument -- you're just saying you don't like it because it was random (the reason I like it). That's not a real argument to begin with. But I guess you tried to cover your tracks anyways, so kudos.
Second of all, it's not random. You even go on to admit that later in your statement.
You don't have to like it anon, but you sure as hell have no real argument why it's bad.
>>
>>383291909
shut up
>>
In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>No bonfire and no death challenge where you can beat the game without resting at a bonfire or dying to gain a reward and bragging rights

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again
>>
>>383286263
DaS3 is a passable game but for the sake of hyperbole I'm going to call it a garbage game.
It has a few very good and definitely very bombastic/anime bosses, very solid character control, there are no immediately visible graphical oversights, the music is alright even if I think it's kind of forgettable and there aren't really any levels that are as bad as the worst examples of the series.
Everything I haven't mentioned and haven't forgotten is pretty terrible.
>>
>>383286263
The worst action rpg series ever made. Not a single one of these games do anything better than other action rpgs.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.