[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oooh, majestic! A Hunter is a Hunter, even in a Bloodborne thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 43

File: Micolash.jpg (104KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Micolash.jpg
104KB, 1920x1080px
Oooh, majestic! A Hunter is a Hunter, even in a Bloodborne thread
>>
Only good boss fight in the game.
>>
>>383285068
you take that back
>>
File: 1499523425992.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1499523425992.webm
3MB, 800x450px
Absolute kino game.
>>
>>383285068
Shut the FUCK UP
>>
>>383285068
>No love for Gascoigne
>>
>>383285279
What does it mean to be a "kino" game?
>>
File: gehrman.jpg (824KB, 700x1258px) Image search: [Google]
gehrman.jpg
824KB, 700x1258px
>>383285068
have your (you).
Related: Will fromsoft ever even get close to having as boss OST as good as gehrman the german's again?
>>
>>383285514
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rdt5XNvPkc
that was fast
>>
Remember the art book released this week.
>>
File: 1499467307780.jpg (133KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1499467307780.jpg
133KB, 1024x1024px
>>383285581
Yknow.. I could never really get into maria's theme myself for whatever reason. don't get me wrong i love the first phase, but then i feel it kinda just turns into the standard kitamura choir chanting. Honestly... id say i prefer Laurence's theme not only for being something of a neat remix, but for that godly second phase.
>>
Reminder that there will never been a PS4 Pro performance patch to run this at 60fps instead of 24.

Everytime i try and do another run it just makes me sick.
>>
>you will never play the Old Hunters for the first time ever again
>>
>>383284979
Take these repetitive threads to >>>/vg/#soulborne
Generals aren't allowed on /v/.
>>
About to play BB for the first time actually

Do i just light roll and stack strength? Any stats to avoid or other tips?
>>
>>383287237
>>you will never play the Old Hunters for the first time ever again
Strenght and Skill if you want to use the "arguably" best weapon in the game. i.e. Ludwig's Holy Blade. Also, ignore Bloodtinge and Arcane, unless you REALLY wanna use the weird magic in the game. And armor doesn't matter, so just wear whatever you like.
>>
>>383287237
>Roll

lol
>>
>>383287237
don't level END past 15 unless you're planning on using the heaviest of heavy weapons. your armor is shit (but can provide useful protection from status and elemental attacks), your VIT is your defense. STR/DEX softcaps are 25 in BB, and hardcap at 50.
>>
>>383287207
>stop talking about video games on /v/ reee we need more eceleb theads!
>>
>>383287781
You have nothing else to say because I'm right.
You even went full retard to form a rebuttal.
There are more posters in /vg/ in the /dsg/ thread that are already talking about this.
Stop being such a moron that you cannot simply click two links to get to a dedicated thread where more people will be talking about the very topic you want.
>>
>>383286881
I have actually just found the DLC. So I'm about to play it for the first time. And I hope you didn't exaggerate the experience.
>>
>>383287237
>>383287508
To clarify the stats:
Bloodtinge mostly affects your gun damage. BT-focused builds can be *very* OP but it's difficult in the early game and not recommended because you'll miss out on what some of the cooler melee weapons have to offer.
Arcane is mostly for spells or as BB calls them "Hunter's tools". Magic can also be very OP, but it's even more end-game oriented than BT. You won't get find a tool that does damage until about halfway through the game
STR/DEX builds are preferred for first runs because it'll teach you better habits, it's easier in the beginning, and there's a good amount of weapons to play around with. For NG+ or secondary chars though definitely try ARC/BT builds, they can be really fun.
>>
>played throught the game
>really enjoyed it
>started watching lore videos on youtube
>it's deep as fuck

I thought it was all just cool looking stuff
>>
>>383291150
>watching lore videos on youtube
>ever
>>
>>383285514
Ludwig's is really great too, I love the transition between the accursed and the holy blade parts.
>>
Lads can I get to the Old Hunters dlc from the Hunters Dream or do I have to get grabbed by the monster thing every time?
>>
>>383291480
after you light a lamp in the dlc you can warp to the dlc zones from the headstone that you find the Doll praying to
>>
>>383291480
After getting grabbed once you can go to TOH from the hunter's dream through the gravestone above the shop
>>
>>383291295
I don't personally do it but why is /v/ so triggered about that.
From the like, two videos that I ever saw I found it pretty informative or at least instigated me to pay more attention to subtle details in the game.
>>
File: 1499529295184.gif (1MB, 268x300px) Image search: [Google]
1499529295184.gif
1MB, 268x300px
>>383291610
>>383291641
Thanks lads
>>
>>383291295
>not watching lore videos
Souls games are obscure as fuck unless you spend literal hours combing over items to build a cohesive narrative, it's better to get the facts straight and then postulate on the blank spaces
>>
>>383292048
>lore videos
>getting the facts straight
ah yes, Vaati "Laurence is the cleric beast" Vidya or Epic Name "Velka is the key to all this" Bro
>>
>>383285454
It's a movie game, apparently.
>>
>>383287508
>Ignore Arcane

Terrible advice. Do an arcane build if you want OP. There are plenty of good weapons with arcane scaling, or you can just slap elemental gems on weapons you like. You get a fire gem pretty damn early in the game too. Slap that on a saw cleaver or saw spear and just shred beasts in no time. I was surprised at how easy an Arcane build made the game. It's almost OP.
>>
>>383292153
No, these.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWmr0SQmJ64bt6mabLClTYa1r_hSdjO4M

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzGMMy3ptxzZ8L5SxNSVGSvs8e8IdHVH3

And this, if you have autism.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZ17Wuu7rVt7ytbFGwAHZSzq2kZKqRlfw
>>
>>383292153
that would be the postulating I was talking about. They provide in game pieces of lore, and then make assumptions about the game's narrative from that. From watching the videos you get those pieces of lore and can either make your own theory or view the game through their lens
>>
>>383284979
Is making a new char for PvP worth it
>>
>>383292645
Do you like grinding chalice dungeons for gems?
>>
>>383292337
I would say ignore arcane if you don't know what you're doing. It can have some good benefits (and esp late game is pretty op) but you still need to know how to apply those benefits. A blind arcane build could be pretty frustrating/boring
>>
In the end, between Master Willem and Micolash, who was in the right?
>>
>>383292736
yes
>>
Do you want a sequel?

What would you want from a sequal?
>>
>>383292153
Well, before the DLC straight up TOLD you that Laurence is in the nightmare it wasn't really such a far-fetched theory that he was the cleric beast. I myself thought for the longest time that the cleric beast was Ludwig.
>>
>>383292869
Then do it, because 99% of the time spent on a pvp character is grinding gems anyway
>>
>>383292972
Cool new weapons.

But I don't want one.
>>
>>383285454
its filled with beautiful and evocative set pieces
>>
>>383292995
That's like calling a generic black knight Artorias. The fact that the cleric beast that you fight in-game isn't decapitated should have told you that it wasn't Laurence. There was always the argument that Laurence was the Headless BLB, but never cleric beast.

>>383292972
I don't want a sequel. Fromsoft doesn't do sequels justice.
>>
File: tmp_14878-1497375117002908918800.jpg (206KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_14878-1497375117002908918800.jpg
206KB, 768x1024px
>>383293021
Good, I have the advantage of liking the dungeons over the other people who spend nine minutes into them and get bored
>>
>>383291328
Gascoigne's does this too I'm pretty sure. Good shit.
>>
>>383292846
Willem duh
>>
>>383292846
Willem was crazy and so was Micolash. Both were bad news.
Willem straight up ordered the massacre at the fishing hamlet looking for eyes on the inside and it is pretty obvious that he had been experimenting with eye removal and implantation, as well with some other weird non-blood related experiments to make him and other ascend. Rom is probably the result of that and from what we can gather she was either a baby or a retard that Willem experimented on.

Micolash was choir crazy times 100 and literally sacrificed a whole town to meet with Mergo.
>>
Quick /v/, post your favorite leveling npc!
>>
From soft's next game should be a star wars game
>>
>>383293176
isn't vaati's theory that the headless beast in the chalice dungeons was Laurence and the cleric beast was ludwig or something like that?
>>
File: Doll.png (1MB, 820x950px) Image search: [Google]
Doll.png
1MB, 820x950px
>>383293559
>>
>>383293467
Hey, at least Willem knew that blood was bad news and was trying something else. His methods were fucked but blame the culture not the man for that one.
>>
>>383292972
Similar atmosphere and the same care for the world built while expanding the lore without being a direct sequel.
>>
>>383293559
Let strength be granted so the world might be mended...
>>
>>383293632
He should have realized that forced evolution wasn't going to do any good.
>>
>>383293996
Willem wasn't forced evolution, though. He was all about evolving by gaining sufficient insight.
>>
>>383293996
Blood usage was too prevalent and too far gone, he didn't have many options
>>
>>383294102
Insight that he not only was trying to force by implanting eyes but that he literally thought that meant have eyes on your brain and not that you should be enlightened to have better comprehension of the world.
>>
>Healing Church has a massive stockpile of dozens of baby Ebrietas' running around like a zoo in the Upper Cathedral Ward
>never realized that they're supposed to consume the umbilical cords
How do you forget something as important as this? Also, how much money does Oedon owe in child support?
>>
>>383294248
Eh he maybe wasn't a smart man
>>
>>383294248
>he thinks the phrase "eyes on the inside" isn't literal
have you taken a look at the Brain of Mensis recently?
>>
>>383294105
He could not have gone full Josef Mengele on his subjects though
>>
>>383294105
>>383295074
Are you guys confusing Laurence with Willem?
>>
>>383294750
That's probably why he thought that but the brain is not only inside the nightmare but it also seems to be a collective of all the Mensis' scholars packed together by the ritual. But did he really think that opening up a human head and sewing eyes on somebody's brain would make that person a great one? If so then he surely wasn't really qualified as the headmaster of a research institute.
>>
>>383295418
the big ball of body parts that was once the Mensis is the One Reborn, not the Brain of Mensis. Brain of Mensis was a gift from Mergo, created before their whole Mergo bait -> summon Moon -> receive Eyes ritual was even thought of
>>
>>383295232
did you take a look around the research hall and the main building? or Rom herself? Or the whole incident with the fishing hamlet? It was all Willem conducting experiments on people trying to make them ascend or trying to find and how to implant/remove eyes on somebody's brain. Himself is now some kind of weird spore thing from the experiments he made on himself.
>>
>>383295418
He did, and in a way doing that does make you closer to the great ones, both he and Ebiertas have these tube like things growing out of them. Ludwig also has a whole host of eyes inside one of his gaping maws, which makes him a weird fusion of great one ayylmao and blood-hungry beast
>>
>>383295821
Research Hall was the Healing Church, not Willem. That was Laurence's doing. And you have no way to say one way or the other the circumstances behind Rom's ascendance.
>>
>>383295729
The game says that the ritual resulted in the stillbirth of their brains. By that I understood that everybody's brain got merged and became a being itself that could almost be a great one but was still-birthed. The one reborn could be their physical remains.
>>
>>383296054
That was a garbled translation. JP text of Mergo's umbilical cord goes something to the effect of:
>This cord was used to accidentally summon the infant Great One Mergo, who gifted them with a useless brain.
Found it on a thread asking for translations of the japanese version of various items, but I think it's been since deleted, or removed.
>>
>>383295887
I know that eyes popping out everywhere is a trademark of going ayy but I believe its more of a consequence of beginning to ascend/becoming kin of the cosmos that a prerequisite.
>>
>>383296054
>>383296184
Also it never said that the RITUAL caused "the stillbirth of the Mensis' brains," it said that meeting Mergo did. Which came before the ritual, since having Mergo around was a prerequisite for it.
>>
>>383295985
research hall was part of byrgenwerth, it had othing to do with the healing church. Healing church's research sects, the choir and the school of mensis had the Orphanage/the place that maria oversaw and the hidden village.
>>
>>383294731
>he literally lacked insight
>>
>>383296184
is that so? well it sure changes things.
>>383296420
How could they have met with Mergo before the ritual? The whole thing was the beckon him.
>>
>>383296246
I may be miss remembering but in the dlc experiment hall there are patients with engorged heads, which I believe was them inserting eyes and expanding the head to accomodate eyes. Then when enough eyes or insight was gained they turned into the imperfect living failures. There is more than one way of gaining insight, which can even be seen by the game mechanics, so it's possible inserting eyes in people was the rough starting point for their understanding of insight
>>
>>383296524
Research hall is a part of the Grand Cathedral that's merged with the Upper Cathedral Ward, you literally walk around the Celestial Emissary boss arena and see how the geography lines up, and Simon tells you in no uncertain terms that these wards are the big secret of the Healing Church that they don't want exposed. Also, http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Eye+Pendant explicitly namedrops the Research Hall as belonging to the Healing Church.
>>
File: the password.png (133KB, 808x637px) Image search: [Google]
the password.png
133KB, 808x637px
>>383296593
I kek'd but that actually deep bro
>>
>>383296683
The point of the Mensis Ritual was to beckon the Moon, not Mergo, you find lore notes and shit saying this. Finding Mergo was accidental. Mergo is nothing but a means to the end of beckoning the Moon (and apparently Kos, as a backup when the Moon doesn't cooperate). Basically the Mensis were poking around an Umbilical Cord as a part of their research, either for shits and giggles or in an ill-fated attempt at summoning the Moon in the first place, but they got Mergo instead. They asked Mergo for brains lined with eyes, and Mergo tried it's best, but since Mergo was only an infant it's best was shit and they got a useless mensis brain instead. Now in possession of Mergo, their Ritual is to use Mergo as bait to lure the MP.
>>
File: garfieldborne.jpg (296KB, 500x810px) Image search: [Google]
garfieldborne.jpg
296KB, 500x810px
>>
>>383297058
My bad, I meant the Lecture building, not the research hall.
>>383296983
No, they were some other church experiment, nothing to do with eyes. It had to do with water because of the whole the cosmos is actually a ocean or something like that. can't quite remember exactly what it was.
>>
Bloodborne feels like we finally got a good 3D Castlevania.
>>
>>383297490
Considering that the Moon Presence objective in the game seems to be to kill Mergo(And as a whole the MP seems like it wants to stop humans poking around with trying to become great ones or meddling too much with the blood) could it be that he MP purposefully didn't answer the Mensis' beckoning and that actually resulted in they summoning Mergo?
>>
>>383298227
The Moon had no idea that they were trying to summon it. Rom was blocking their "signal," and it always was. Rom ascended at some point during the time of Byrgenwerth, and the Mensis only came into being after the establishment of the Choir, which was itself something which happened long after Byrgenwerth was abandoned and locked away. In short, there was no time between when the Mensis were founded and the events of the main game in which they could ever have actually completed a summoning of the Moon. It was always a fool's errand. Of course someone other than the Moon, like Mergo, would answer their call if the Moon was incapable of hearing them. Even if the Moon were to decide to descend on it's own accord -- and we know that it must have done so with some regularity given how many half-breed babby Great Ones litter the UCW -- it would be totally oblivious to the fact that the Mensis were trying to signal it.

But yes, the Moon is not happy with being lured with Mergo, who for reasons unknown it hates. The fact that the Mensis were returned to earth as as horrible monster (the One Reborn) instead of the Great One they presumably wanted to become is clear evidence of this.
>>
i have more fun with ds3 than bloodborne, am i sick?
>>
>>383298643
Yes.
>>
Is the frame pacing fixed yet?
>>
>>383298643
why?
>>
>>383297490
How could the Mensis Ritual take place before first contact with MP? Isn't the MP the one who contacts Gherman and establishes the Hunter's Dream? The Hunter's Dream is one of the single oldest constructs in the entire game, beaten out only by the Labyrinth and Yharnam itself. How do we know its the Moon they're trying to summon anyway? I assumed that they were trying to summon either Mergo or Mergo's wet nurse, as the latter plays host to the nightmare of mensis.
>>
>>383298908
because it was so hated here that i didnt expect anything, and know its rather fun. But its a bloodborne thread im gonna shut up now
>>
>>383298969
>How could the Mensis Ritual take place before first contact with the MP?
How could you even have gotten that idea from what was written in my post? That's not what I said at all.

>How do we know they're trying to summon the moon?
"Madmen toil surreptitiously in rituals to beckon the moon. Uncover their secrets." -- Lore note, Yahargul.
>>
>>383289746
> Arc is weak in the beginning

False, arcane is strong through out the entire game. On an arc build, your hardest boss is father gascoigne, after you get passed him, you can use flame sprayer (which scale with arc) to burn down bsb, witches, and Amelia.

After Amelia, you can run through both lecture building and cainhurst for gloves and diabetes. The rest of the game is now your bitch... Until you get to Ludwig and orphan who will probably rape you for good long while until you improve.
>>
>>383298605
I wonder why is the MP so important and powerfull. From what the game say the only moment in which any great ones can procreate, at least with humans, is when the MP descends. The game also says that the red moon blends the line between Man and Beast, which I believe can make even people that have no connection with the old blood become beasts or at least make the whole process faster. At the same time the MP causes or at least accelerates the scourge of beasts it also seems to hate it and creates the hunter's dream with the purpose to deal with that.
It seems that the Moon Presence is the most important, or at least one of the most important, great one out there.
>>
>>383298969
It didn't. The ritual started way after the creation of the hunter's dream.
>>
>>383299661
Hunters only exist because Gerhman made a contract to become the MP's surrogate kid under the condition that he could get to bring his students along for the supehuman powers ride. Not because the MP hates beasts or anything. If anything, you could make the claim that the implicit contract that every Hunter acts under is to kill Mergo, not beasts, and that anything else is acceptable collateral damage in pursuit of this goal. Otherwise the MP "fires" you and you're booted from the dream.
>>
>>383300125
Hunters existed during the Pthumerian times, and gerhman organized the the first hunters way before he made his contract with the MP. He was among the prospectors that explored the dungeons on Willem's orders and then left byrgenwerth together with Laurence and started training the first hunters when the first beasts started to show up. Only after the burnin of old Yharnam, when the healing church shut down the hunter's workshop and created the official church hunters, did Gehrman beckoned the MP and got stuck in the dream.
>>
>>383299486
>On an arc build, your hardest boss is father gascoigne
It was Logarius for me. But I went all in on ARC and had practically no VIT when I fought him. NG Ludwig can actually be cheesed with the usual Flamesprayer, Oil Urn and Bone Marrow Ash combo. Orphan is a bitch though. Was easier when I stopped trying to play like a spell caster and just did Augur backstabs for viscerals.
>>
>>383299486
this, I had very little problem with early game bosses just sticking fire paper on the saw spear and going full ham. gascoigne can be both parried and music box'd and amelia fucking melted under the flame sprayer.

honestly trying to do orphan with moonlight sword was the hardest part for me until I got the Augur backstabbing down pat.
>>
>>383300682
>Gehrman contracted after the burning of Old Yharnam
Couldn't be after Old Yharnam. Hunters moved into Yharnam alongside the Healing Church, to deal with the inevitable presence of beasts among the townsfolk. Before that everything was contained in Brygenwerth. But, as was already shown, Rom ascended while Brygenwerth was still a thing, which was before the Schism. Rom being around to cockblock all attempts at summoning the Moon means that Gehrman and Laurence couldn't have done so after moving in to Yharnam to kickstart the whole "healing church" business. They must have done it while still in Byrgenwerth, either as a reaction to finding the sharkbois in the fishing hamlet, or trying to spelunk Depth 5 of the Chalices.
>>
>>383301085
Gerhman moved into Yharnam together with Laurence and founded the first hunters, which worked under cover,, to deal with the first beasts showing up. When the stuff on Old Yharnam got out of control both the hunters and the beasts came into public light so the church disbanded the secret Gerhman hunter's workshop and set up Ludwig's official Church Hunters.
>>
>>383288523
Just know that some of the bosses will more than likely be more difficult than any of the main game ones. I wish I was you so I could experience that first win against them.
>>
>>383301085
Speaking of Rom. Why is there more of her in the Chalice dungeons? Isn't there only one Rom who was created for a specific purpose? I guess maybe if she was in a random dungeon it could be handwaved but she's in one of the main, fixed ones. I don't think there is any other named, significant bosses that appear in the main game that also appear in the main chalice dungeons, is there?
>>
>>383301456
>Gerhman moved into Yharnam together with Laurence and founded the first hunters, which worked under cover,, to deal with the first beasts showing up
No, Hunters were around in Byrgenwerth before the Church was even an idea. The fact that it was Hunters who ransacked the Fishing Hamlet under Willem's personal orders is evidence of this. The fact that Maria participated in these hunts, before her employment with the Church, further clarifies the timeline that the Hunters were an established organization during the time of Byrgenwerth. The only question is at what point they gained their powers. They couldn't have done it after Rom ascended, and she ascended before Brygenwerth was shuttered at the advent of the Healing Church.
>>
>>383301865
>Why is there more of Rom in the chalices after you kill her?
Great Ones don't die when they die, anon. How else could Kos call down lighting to aid the Orphan when he screams for help during the fight?

>Are there any other significant, unique, named main game bosses in the non-randomized chalices?
Celestial Emissary,
>>
>>383301868
They were around. But they weren't really hunters as we came to know. They were the prospectors that byrgenwerth sent into the Chalice dungeons and they worked and trained under Gehrman. But yes, Willem ordered them to deal with the fishing hamlet situation and all. What I meant is that the hunters, as a organization and not just people working for byrgenwerth, were created by Gehrman when he left byrgenwerth with Laurence and took his apprentices with him, including Maria.
>>
>>383289746
BT will actually teach you the best habits since you hit like a wet noodle for half of the game so you have to make good use of what you have. Once you finally get the weapons though, goddamn. Bloodletter and Bowblade are probably my favorites in the entire game.
>>
>>383302092
>How else could Kos call down lighting to aid the Orphan when he screams for help during the fight?
Wait what?
>>
>>383302364
Simon calls it the Hunter's Sin, and the body warning Hunters to keep out at the start of the Hamlet takes the form of the Hunter's official emblem, the same one that's on their Rune. There's plenty of evidence to say that these were the Hunters as we know them today, and your distinction is pretty meaningless, little more than a play on semantics.
>>
i liked the fight with that cunt. it felt like u were a hunter chasing him down. his taunting while u lost yourself in that maze of a level added suspense and mystery/confusion. it was a thrill. but autistic players only like the "hard shit". pls, kill urself.
>>
>>383302678
The lightning is always centered on Kos' corpse, not the Orphan. He's not casting it as an energy beam or causing a shockwave that emanates from himself, he's screaming out a prayer. Kos answers and summons lightning from her position.
>>
File: Saif Hunter Frontal 1.png (973KB, 794x877px) Image search: [Google]
Saif Hunter Frontal 1.png
973KB, 794x877px
SAIF IS LAIF

Beast Cutterfags are okay too
>>
>>383287237
Always remember, powder kegs #1
>>
>>383302092
>How else could Kos call down lighting to aid the Orphan when he screams for help during the fight?
Because he's using Kos' corpse for its inherent power, like he uses the placenta thing that is attached to him to power up, because the body parts of Great Ones have power in them.

Or maybe its some pervasive consciousness bullshit like with Oedon.

Either way, it wouldn't allow Great One's physical forms to exists twice.

>Celestial Emissary
Literally a regular enemy.
>>
>>383299486
Executioner Gloves suck.
>>
>>383303231
Anon, the Great Ones exist on multiple planes of existence all at once. Destroying their form on one plane is like chopping off the finger of a larger organism. Switch planes like when you traverse the non-Euclidean geometry of the CDs and you find other fingers.
>>
File: 1489092614473.png (370KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1489092614473.png
370KB, 640x640px
>>383292048

Lore videos detract from the original purpose of the souls' series vague storytelling. Which is to basically arrive at your own conclusion.

>Don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts
>>
>>383303281
>Arcanelet detected
99 ARC or nothing
>>
>>383303112
saif is fucking amazing, I never realized until I tried it but that zippy dash is too good.
>>
>>383303472
And never ever discuss that with anybody?
>>
>>383302810
The hunter's mark has been used since the Pthumerians. Most likely Gehrman and his hunters found the mark, and the name, during their expeditions to the chalice dungeons and assumed the name to themselves.
>>
File: stake_driver.jpg (10KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
stake_driver.jpg
10KB, 250x251px
Who else uses the best weapon?
>>
>>383303976
Yeah and maybe they also decided to inherit the name "Hunters" along with it and give that name to the professional beast-killing organization that Byrgenwerth employed to clean up their messes that resulted from http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Sedative, as implied in http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Beast, thus becoming the organization known as the Hunters who would later go on to explore the Chalices and remove Fishman under the orders of Master Willem? But no, they weren't "really" the Hunters, were they, according to you?
>>
>>383304541
>Kekstralife
>>
>>383304758
Those descriptions are 100% accurate you dumbass
>>
File: 1495022001130.gif (2MB, 300x229px) Image search: [Google]
1495022001130.gif
2MB, 300x229px
>>383304000
>that one webm that shows someone doing 5k+ damage to amygdala
An impressive and respectable weapon in the right hands desu.
>>
File: steak.webm (2MB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
steak.webm
2MB, 800x500px
>>383304000

It accepts no compromise and no hesitation.
>>
>>383305304
>going for long charge attacks in the Defiled chalice against guys who 1shot you
brave
>>
File: 1485206259985.jpg (25KB, 201x200px) Image search: [Google]
1485206259985.jpg
25KB, 201x200px
>>383305304
>that 6k damage
good lord

steak conductor got me through my virgin playthrough and it was pretty grand
>>
>>383306012
>>383305304
>>383304000
N O
O

R A N G E
A
N
G
E
>>
>>383306095
eventually they will come to you, friend.
>>
File: beast cutter.jpg (7KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
beast cutter.jpg
7KB, 250x251px
>>383306520
>eventually they will come to you
*blocks your path*
>>
Who AYY here? Augur interrupts all day erry day.
>>
>>383304541
I'm just saying that they weren't a official group called hunters yet. Not untill they formally organize under the healing church.
Note that at the fishing hamlet the only people who use the term hunter are the hunters themselves. The fish people at the hamlet either call them fiends or just refer to them as Byrgenwerth.
The curse literally says "Curse the fiends, and their children too, and their children, forever, true."
Not a single mention to the name hunters.
>>
>>383308020
>Hunters didn't exist formally until they organized under the Church
No. There were Hunters who existed outside of official Church sponsorship, in the form of the Executioners (who had their own unique non-church Workshop, and to whom Ludwig was a member before beginning his official patronage), the Powder Kegs/Oto Workshop (who were among the earliest generations of Hunters ever). Seriously, arbitrarily differentiating any Hunters before Ludwig as not """""real""""" Hunters makes no sense.
>>
>>383308020
>>383308656
Also, the Hunters were organized enough even during the time of Gehrman to have their own special badges as marks of distinguished service:
http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Old+Hunter+Badge
So I don't want to hear any bullshit about "oh they weren't organized" until the Church Hunters formed. They had a workshop, Willem's blessing, authority, and ranks to distinguish themselves with.
>>
>>383308656
>arbitrarily differentiating any Hunters before Ludwig as not """""real""""" Hunters makes no sense.
When did I say that? I said that before Gerhman left with Laurence there were not official hunters, just the people who worked for willem and that had no official name. When Laurence creates the healing church Gehrman Creates the Hunter's workshop, that works for the church. Between this point and the burning of old Yharnam many other hunter groups were created like the powder kegs, however they were all kept secret from the masses. After hunters and beasts became widespread knowledge with the burning of old yharnam the church dissolved Gehrman's Hunter's workshop and created the Church Hunters that were the first hunters to be officialy acknowledged by the church and the public in general.
I didn't say there were no hunter before ludwig, I said that they worked away from the public eye and that before Gehrman created the workshop they didn't call themselves hunters yet.
>>
>>383309360
Please read>>383309374
You are misreading what I wrote.
and Willem had nothing to do with hunters aside from using gehrman and his pupils to do the dirty work, but they weren't called hunters then. Only AFTER the schism between Laurence and Willem, that is the origin of the healing church did gehrman set up his Hunter Workshop that is the birthplace of all other hunter groups except maybe for the vilebloods.
DO NOT mix up the Hunter's workshop, that did work for the church, and the Church's hunters. They are two different groups
>>
>>383309871
What do you think that Gehrman and his students fought Old Labyrinth terrors, scholars-turned-beasts, and Fishing Hamlet monsters, with? Their bare hands? The idea that they weren't fashioning weapons for themselves until after they did all this shit for Willem is laughable. Also, Gehrman got MOONED before the Hunters left Byrgenwerth, it would be impossible for him to build a workshop while confined to the Dream.
>>
File: Wrestling_She_mad.gif (940KB, 324x184px) Image search: [Google]
Wrestling_She_mad.gif
940KB, 324x184px
>tfw STILL can't beat Amelia
>>
>>383310354
Lol you suck
>>
>>383310354
Amelia is one of the easiest bosses in the game
>>
>>383310268
Bro
where are you taking these ideas from? Where the hell did I say they didn't made their weapons and stuff like that? What I said is that they didn't call themselves hunters yet, only after they set up the Hunter's workshop did they start to call themselves hunter, which doesn't mean that they didn't fashion their own equipment before.
>Also, Gehrman got MOONED before the Hunters left Byrgenwerth, it would be impossible for him to build a workshop while confined to the Dream.
No he didn't...He created the workshop, it says so in the game that he left Byrgenwerth together with Laurence, he evens calls for Laurece's help in his sleep.
Gehrman Beckoned the MP when the church dissolved his workshop in favor of the new church hunters.
You can find his old workshop, that looks exactly like the hunter's dream bellow the churche's workshop in a secret area.
He felt useless without his workshop and becoked the MP to create the hunter's dream, fashioned after his old workshop
>>
File: 1346804247150.jpg (23KB, 243x319px) Image search: [Google]
1346804247150.jpg
23KB, 243x319px
>>383310526
Then who would you say the hardest is
>>
>>383311330
ludwig
>>
>>383310871
>Where the hell did I say they didn't made their weapons and stuff like that?
You said they only built their workshop after the Church was founded, which implies that they weren't building weapons before that point, having nowhere to make them. Unless, of course, you mean to imply that they had some other secondary workshop that isn't -- THAT Workshop -- to make all their shit in that you just never see, which is complete conjecture and also makes your whole argument 100% semantics bullshit.

>It says that he left Byrgenwerth with Laurence
It does not. Show me the exact quote to the contrary. Gehrman could not have beckoned the MP after leaving Byrgenwerth, because Rom (who was made during Byrgenwerth) would have prevented all attempts at doing this. Using Gehrman's sleep-quotes to try and say the contrary is stupid because Laurence was also in Byrgenwerth, and studied under Willem, and Gehrman and Laurence could have accomplished all their shit together before leaving the school.
>>
>>383311330
maneater boar
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (89KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
89KB, 1920x1080px
Be ready
>Matpat lore video inbound
>Watch as he puts nonsense on screen
>Watch as he mixes beloved characters with each other
Just listen to his fanbase beg
>MatPat can you PLEASE do a Bloodborne story/lore video. It's one of the most confusing story lines I've seen in a video game, and could really use some clarification. Thanks!

Disgusting really, his fanbase is so autistic that they can't think for themselves about the potential plot of a vidya without asking Matpat to clarify it.

He would probably treat Bloodborne the same way he treated Dark Souls. Just by reading the wiki.
>>
>>383311330
Laurence
>>
Preordered yours yet /v/?
>>
>>383311641
>cane
disgusting
>>
was there ever any word on a pc release?
>>
>>383311808
Is DeS on PC?
>>
>>383311797
>>
>>383293583
I didn't even know vaati did BB lore, I learned the headless beast=laurence idea from Jerks Sans who I think got it from elsewhere but made the best argument for it.
>>
File: never ever.gif (564KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
never ever.gif
564KB, 800x430px
>>383311808
Haven't had the opportunity to use this pic in a while
>>
>>383311851
I thought it was?
>>
>>383285279
This could be a good trailer.
>>
>>383311851
It didn't get an official release, but you can emulate it.
>>
Is there ever any reason to use the shotgun over the pistol?
>>
>>383311641
>$800
No thanks.
>>
File: no one can stop us now.webm (1MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
no one can stop us now.webm
1MB, 720x405px
Anyone interested in a few MAJESTIC webms?
>>
>>383303845
Sure you can, just don't act like yours is the true outcome.
>>
>>383312139
well yea, it stuns multiple enemies, while also using just 1 bullet.
why would you use the pistol is the question, guns are used to parry enemies, why not use the gun that has a ton of spread.
>>
File: 1498674039714.jpg (72KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
1498674039714.jpg
72KB, 709x765px
>>383311549
>All of blood borne exists inside the fire keepers head, because blood borne has a lot to do with dreams and Dark Souls 3 came out on March 24, the exact same day the hunt happens in Bloodborne which I figured out from looking at the sky in game, and based on the time period.
>His autistic fan base now acknowledges it as cannon, and starts spewing it everywhere
I can see it already
>>
>>383312445
hahahaha what
>>
>>383312306
I used to do this, dressing as a boss is the best; too bad this game didn't allow a redo on stats.
>>
>>383312613
That is my only motivation to invade in these games, boss or NPC cosplays is the most fun
>>
>>383311498
>You said they only built their workshop after the Church was founded, which implies that they weren't building weapons before that point, having nowhere to make them.
As you can read in several weapon and gear descriptions the prospectors used what they could, even old armor and some more classical weapons, it was Gehrman that introduced they lightly armored style of combat with weapons more akin to tools than weapons per se, after they set up the workshop they started to EXPAND AND STUDY on gehrman's ideas for armor and weapons. Before the workshop they used more traditional weapons.

>Gehrman could not have beckoned the MP after leaving Byrgenwerth, because Rom
Maybe, the timeline on Rom's creation is confusing, but we can be sure that Gehrman Left Byrgenwerth because you actually find his workshop in the game, complete with his old doll. It is on the way to the upper cathedral ward and beneath the Church's workshop. It not only has gehrman's old doll AND THE UMBILICAL CORD HE USED TO SUMMON THE MP but it also looks exactly like the hunter's dream. If he had beckoned the MP before leaving Byrgenwerth then 1. How and why did he make a carbon copy of a workshop he never saw and had nothing do with? 2. Why is his doll, that looks exactly like the dream's doll doing in a place he never visited and had no connection with? 3. Why is the umbilical cord that says that Gehrman used it to beckon the moon presence is in a place that he never visited?
>>
Preordered yours yet /v/?
>>
>>383311549
>He would probably treat Bloodborne the same way he treated Dark Souls. Just by reading the wiki.

this reminded me that halo lore videos do the exact same thing, I only saw one, but that was too much.
>>
>>383285279
why doesnt my game look like this?
>>
>>383313462
the standard game doesnt have black bars.
>>
File: 1452288942142.jpg (53KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1452288942142.jpg
53KB, 403x403px
>>383313304
I really love this statue (and basically any Sideshow statues) but fucking $600 man, that's insane>>383312783
>>
File: 1499466008474.jpg (152KB, 690x682px) Image search: [Google]
1499466008474.jpg
152KB, 690x682px
>>383312608
I just summarized a Game Theory video for you.
A bunch of non-related shit taped together with little to no understanding of the games story, using flashy science words to capitalize on the lore train, for his preteen audience (Who never even played the game) to go spewing out every time the game gets mentioned, so they can feel smart, and boost his views.
And there's nothing we can do to stop him.
>>
>>383313662

These are by Prime1 Studio, very good quality.
>>
>>383292972
I'd prefer another spiritual successor, they seem to do those right, but not an outright sequel.
>>
>>383313842
They definitely are, but I haven't reached that level of buyfag yet to purchase a statue that costs as much as like 3 months of rent just to stand there
>>
>>383286091

Yeah. Maria's theme drops down a fucking cliff in the second phase. Ludwig's, Gehrman's and Laurence's are bitching as fuck.
>>
>>383284979
What possessed Miyazaki to make a boss fight where the boss actually talks to you? What is this, some kind of Storygame?
>>
>>383312874
>As you can read in several descriptions that the tomb prospectors used... even old armor and some more classical weapons... before the workshop they used more traditional weapons
show me these descriptions.

>Implying that because the Workshop isn't located on Byrgenwerth campus that Gehrman didn't make it while he was employed there
He had his HQ off-campus, at his house. He wasn't a member of the College's formal faculty, he doesn't wear their uniform. He was a contractor. The Church's workshop built around his when they showed up. Why is this so hard to understand?
>>
>>383292365
There goes my weekend
>>
File: 1493942655411.gif (1MB, 250x210px) Image search: [Google]
1493942655411.gif
1MB, 250x210px
>>383284979

I'm playing through Bloodborne again after beating DaSIII, and is it just me or does it have the easiest bosses of all the "Soulsborne" games? I don't remember having much trouble with the bosses when I played through it 2 years ago, and even now I'm beating most of them on 1 or 2 tries. Is it because when you've played through so many of them it becomes more predictable and easy? It's the non-boss enemies that have given me more trouble.

I hear the DLC bosses are much harder, but I missed the sale last year and I don't want to pay full price for it even though it's apparently great and I'm missing out.
>>
>>383312434
Because I dump my spare upgrade materials and with the +21% blt gem you find in the Healing Church workshop is does substantial chip damage even without a single point in BLT. Makes fighting pesky enemies much easier for virtually no cost, so long as you bring bone ash. Additionally, the "stagger multiple opponents" aspect of the gun is a meme because the shotgun's recoil animation and their stagger animation are almost identical, so if you don't parry staggering a crowd of guys accomplishes nothing. Damage, however, is always useful.
>>
>>383314707
Yes, BB is the easiest souls game, that's why it can be so good. It's a nice relaxing contemplative souls game rather than a rager
>>
>>383312434
>383312434

its faster which is obviously good for parries
>>
>>383314707
>not buying the DLC
anon please
>>
>>383315012
dark souls 2 is the easiest.
>>
>>383314707
I find Dark Souls 3 to be much easier, honestly. Bloodborne at least has the chalices and DLC that pose a challenge, and even the early game bosses aren't so stupidly easy as they are in DS3.
>>
>>383315190
I thought that DaS3 was hard as hell because I played it immediately after BB, and tried being hyper aggressive like in BB, and got my shit slapped due to lack of rally and limited heals. BB lets you be very sloppy in comparison, and bad habits are ingrained easily.
>>
>>383292972
fromsoft has never made a sequel to a game that lived up to the potential and promise of the original. I'd want either a spiritual successor carrying the same themes and tone or a whole new game
that aztec game with create-a-combos sounded pretty cool, almost like a new god hand
>>
>>383315345
Funny, I thought it was easy as hell after BB. Only SoC and NK are hard at all in DS3, and they're not as hard as BB's end game bosses.
>>
>>383314707
>Is it because when you've played through so many of them it becomes more predictable and easy?

Of course

Which is also why a person's first Souls game is their perceived hardest

Many people, going through DaS3 for the first time, who have played thousands of hours of other Souls games, have found it super easy when it came to bosses. Personally, the first boss I died to was Pontiff, and I considered that ridiculous for a souls game then I started doing themed runs and it became hard again
>>
>>383315441
Future souls, not aztec souls. Those with internal eyes see this.
>>
So stupid question here but I don't use my PS4 much. If I want to take some Fashionborne pics, do I just slap a flash drive into the PS4 and save them to that? Otherwise the only options I see are Facebook and that's not happening because I have to hide my powerlevel.
>>
>>383306785
>cool as fuck
>great animations
>what the whip would be if it was more barbaric
>absolutely abysmal damage
who thought this was okay?
>>
>>383315967
Create a dummy twitter account.
>>
>>383315967
Make a throwaway twitter, upload them to that,
Takes like five seconds
>>
>>383316005
>abysmal damage
someone forgot to put on their blunt gems this morning.
>>
>>383315183
*hardest
>>
>>383285068
Mr. Matthewmatosis please leave.
>>
>>383316005
What? It has great damage on a STR build

The weapon has incredible stagger all around, quick untransformed attacks and super long ranged transformed attacks with the most amount of damage frames of any weapon in the game (most windup/recovery frames too but still)

My second favorite weapon in the game, personally
>>
>>383291947
Because they are idiots and can't admit they don't know anything and just puf and say "Ps, I knew that" when they see a video, when they actually didn't know shit.
>>
>>383316553
>>383316005
The true weakness of the beast cutter is that it has absolutely ABHORRENT rally, in it's tricked mode it has approximately zero. If you think you can get away with facetanking encounters with HP regain like if you're using the Axe, think again. You can mitigate this to an extent by stacking Guidance, but those rune slots are better used for other things.
>>
File: 1479638412667.png (47KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
1479638412667.png
47KB, 500x255px
wheel
>>
>>383292153
I mean, Laurence *was* a cleric beast. Vicar Amelia turned into something completely different, but Laurence and the Cleric Beast are the exact same beast, except Laurence is on fire in the nightmare.
>>
>>383310354
Just hug her left side, dude. Fire paper helps a lot, but even if you don't have it, as long as you stick to her left she can't do that much to you. Also make sure you get the numbing mist from that tower before her boss arena, that'll stop her from healing.
>>
>>383316847
>Vicar Amelia turned into something completely different
Nah bruh, cleric beasts just display sexual dimorphism. Trust me, I went to college.
>>
>>383301865
Amygdala also shows up halfway through Pthumeru. Have fun with that.
>>
>>383316847
Amelia was such a cleric beast she has his damn theme.
>>
>>383317082
Running chalices with a high level arcane build makes them so fucking trivial.

I love you, Executioner's Gauntlets.
>>
>>383304000
what the fuck are those numbers
>>
>>383317082
Defiled Amygdala is not that hard. Come back when you've beaten CFR Pthumerian Descendant without parrying
>>
>>383317595
>Stand behind cover
>Spam L2 of Kos Parasite
>Laugh my way to the Doll
>>
Is the Doll for lewd?
>>
File: 1464454525704.jpg (21KB, 266x189px) Image search: [Google]
1464454525704.jpg
21KB, 266x189px
If you can beat Ludwig and Maria you can beat Orphan of Kos, right?
>>
>>383317718
>>383317718
>throws scythes that clip through the wall, killing you in one hit
hhmph... hhmph hhmph... hhmph...
>>
>>383317829
How would you even lewd something that cold and emotionless? Doll is for making a grilled cheese sandwich and watching movies with.
>>
>>383318135
>Not paying attention to distance
k
>>
>>383318130
yes
>>
File: 1493587718002.png (805KB, 1280x1773px) Image search: [Google]
1493587718002.png
805KB, 1280x1773px
>>383317829
>>383318181
>how would you even lewd something like that
like this I imagine
>>
File: 1478673544180.png (764KB, 975x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1478673544180.png
764KB, 975x1200px
>>383318181
>>
File: 1245203653661.jpg (27KB, 567x378px) Image search: [Google]
1245203653661.jpg
27KB, 567x378px
>tfw the /v/ Bloodborne threads are now better than the Bloodborne general because one shitposter managed to kill the entire thing
>>
File: 1473289933040.jpg (50KB, 609x514px) Image search: [Google]
1473289933040.jpg
50KB, 609x514px
>>383318282
thanks for that
>>
>>383285068
Not even among one of the best boss fights in the game
>>
>>383318474
>That tiny-ass doll
How hard is it for people to realize she's like 8'7''?
>>
>>383318725
>/vg/ is a shithole
You don't say. What happened this time?
>>
>>383318725
/vg/ generals are kinda susceptible to that. For a good example, look at the guild wars 2 general. It used to be mostly waifu posting with some discussion about the game, but then one autist got snubbed from in game guids and discords for being a fucking weirdo and proceeded to go absolutely nuclear and create a trillion spam bots to completely destroy the general.
TL:DR don't erp and drive kids
>>
>>383284979
man i loved bloodborne

i didn't beat all the bosses this run, and i want to play again but i can't think of a fun run to do. seems like there's less build options
>>
>>383318725
Every general on this site eventually ends up this way. As the # of posters approaches zero, the autists become harder and harder to ignore and all you're left with is an autismo circle jerk. Same shit happens on /sp/.
>>
File: Choonky LAD.png (708KB, 800x603px) Image search: [Google]
Choonky LAD.png
708KB, 800x603px
>>
>>383318725
The Bloodborne VG is super autistic about being related to Dark Souls in any form. They have to remain their "perfect game" mentality while just outright bashing everything about any Souls game. I remember one Anon posting something about wanting a few more shields like 1 or 2 more, and they were massacred by tons of Anons calling him a Dark Souls baby who refuses to admit Bloodborne is "2fast4him". It was kind of sickening.
>>
>>383319362
W H E E L
H
E
E
L
>>
>>383319561
What is the most effay complete attire set (no mixing)?
>>
How do I make NG+ and beyond fun, fellow hunters? I'm breezing through everything until I get bored and cocky and then get shredded, it's just an endless cycle where not much hits that sweet challenge spot.

I mean I'm assuming Old Hunters bosses are fun and all but getting there just isn't fun anymore, and I'm even starting to get tired of my rakuyo. How do people do the NG7+ runs without getting fatigued?
>>
>>383318775
SUPER underrated theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxbJ7O8iAfI
>>
>>383319604
That's not even what's killing it. There is literally ONE person non stop shitposting about non-existent name-fagging and never stops shitposting. The only time /bbg/ is even semi decent is at night because the fucking worthless waste of flesh has to sleep at some point, so he's not there to shitpost.
>>
>>383319785
Any time you want to do a run, you just pick up your old character and go through a NG+.

Doubt anyone actually sits down and plays through the game 8 times. Sounds like you need to take a break.
>>
>>383287207
>Reeeee my Trump thread got deleted for THIS!? REPORTED!
>>
>>383320091
>There is literally ONE person non stop shitposting about non-existent name-fagging and never stops shitposting.
Sounds like a faggot on /a/ who runs around ruining all sorts of threads by autistically complaining about shipping
>>
>>383320181

Maybe not in one sitting. But people definitely do.
>>
>>383319561
>short boi of logarius
>>
Guys, here me out: What if, in the event that the Hunter picks the Squid ending, NG+ is canon? As in, the Hunter is asleep in the Doll's arms, and is dreaming of himself going through and 100% completing the CDs and doing NG+ and the dream is real?
>>
>>383320569
You don't even know how to spell "hear".
You're stupid.
>>
>>383320181
b-but whenever I want to do a run I roll up a new character to try a weapon I haven't used before. It's my curse, I need the new-ness of it.

I probably do need a break though, the game kinda consumed my life for a month.
>>
>>383285068
It is in fact one of the worst boss fights in the game.

Worst fights:
1) One Reborn
2) Hemwick Witches
3) Rom
4) Micolash
5) BSB
>>
>>383319362
What runs have you not done?

Arcane starts rough but once you get Auger you're a goddamn space wizard, and if you rush Cainhurst you're unstoppable thanks to Executioner's Soul Mass.
>>
>>383320832
>Micolash
>in worst fights
BUT ALAS, NOT TOO FAST!
>>
>DLC introduces a fist weapon
>It's worthless
>It isn't even a trick weapon
IT ISN'T FAIR

I WANT TO PUNCH BEASTS AND SQUIDS TO DEATH
>>
Is Bloodborne good because it has a beginning, middle, and end? People complain how it was good, but died out quickly but isn't that a good thing it doesn't last forever?
>>
>>383320953
Just use the Kos Parasite.
>>
>>383320832
Are you saying BSB is a shit boss because he's hard or because he's easy?
>>
>>383320832

beastly idiot detected
>>
>>383320832
>No mention of Bloodletting Beast
Shame.
>>
>>383320927
AWWoowwwOOWWWWWOOOoooooooo

oo
oooo
oooooooooooooooooo
oooo
>>
>>383321059
He's stupid hard until you learn what makes him easy, and then he's stupid easy. If you try to dodge back and treat him like a well designed boss he's a nightmare, but if you strafe left he's a joke.
>>
>>383321259
>The grand lake of mud, hidden now from sight... The Cosmos, of course! Now let us sit about, and speak. Feverishly. Chatting into the wee hours of...
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: b1e.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
b1e.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>383320832
>mfw farming One Reborn summons because it's easy as shit

>if the host b-lines for the boss rather than kill the mages first

>know they are new and won't survive the boss

every single time, no matter the level
>>
>>383321573
One Reborn is easy as fuck to kill without killing the Bell Maidens though. It's not like fucking Rom where hosts b-line for Rom and ignore the spiderlings then wonder why they get ganked and killed within seconds.
>>
File: CqEzr5NXEAE1oWF.jpg (42KB, 672x788px) Image search: [Google]
CqEzr5NXEAE1oWF.jpg
42KB, 672x788px
I don't know why butI could never finish bloodborne, I've played 600 hours combined over the dark souls series but for some reason bloodborne never stuck to me... I wanted to enjoy it but for some reason it didn't give me the thrill the ds series gave. :(
>>
How on earth did they manage to keep the big plot twist a total secret without any leaks, all the way through release?
>>
>>383321573
Reminds me of when I play DaS3 and put my sign down for Aldrich and the idiots run towards him when he's pulling back the bow.
>>
Anyone else remember the sheer, overwhelming shitposting over Bloodborne's 'bad' ending (Yharnham Sunrise) and the countless /v/ threads about it all being a dream and that Miyazaki is a complete hack?

Fun times.
>>
>>383322201
I don't get people who do this. Do they think they can stagger him out of the animation?
>>
>>383322407
My only idea is that they think it will track the phantom and not the host or some shit.

I mean like yeah, if he fires that shit and it's following the phantom, by all means take advantage. But holy shit make sure first.
>>
>>383321914
It's very different from DaS despite being so similar, if that makes any sense. Going from BB to DaS1 is really goddamn hard, it's like the whole game is in slow motion.
>>
>>383321213
If you include chalice bosses you would probably have cannon giant, maneater boar, and beast posessed soul on there.
>>
>>383322790
>going to DaS1 from BB
For some reason I'm now imagining the banter between the CU and the Hunter as roommates.
>>
post your hunterinos
>>
>>383322937
I want to see the Hunter be really confused about leveling up at the bonfire and try to treat it as a waifu. And then I want to see the CU sit in front of the Doll and organize his box, repair his shit, and then try to kindle her.
>>
>>383322323
>Yharnam Sunrise
>bad ending
Only fools and madmen willingly consort with the Arcane. Leaving it behind is the only reasonable thing to do.
>>
>>383323145
go eat beasts and complain about invisible worms somewhere else nerd
>>
>>383323145
Wouldn't the best ending be Yharnham Sunrise after obtaining absurd amounts of Insight?
>>
>>383323124
In general, life as an Undead must be pretty irritating. Imagine all the difficulties that are bound to arise from everyone being in constantly-fluctuating parallel worlds
>Be Undead, living in the Burg
>get bored, want to go out
>head to the local bar
>get there, but the door is locked
>sign on the door: "Establishment is closed until owner's world re-engages contact. Please understand!"
>fuck
>head off to Blacksmith instead, have some equipment that needs repairing
>Get to Parish bonfire
>something's wrong, Andre's hammer isn't sounding
>walk down the stairs to see Andre's ghost hammering away
>FUCK
>Andre's ghost shrugs at you, and scribbles a soapstone message on the floor
>"Don't steal any of my shit while our worlds are separated, I'll know"
>>
>>383322831
>first boss of Isz is a brainsucker
>>
>>383323486

I'm pretty sure it's implied Gherman takes all of it.
>>
Why was Bloodborne's soundtrack so amazing? What went so right?
>>
>>383321573
>rather than kill the mages first
you can kill them?
I beat the one reborn my first try and didn't know you could do that
>>
>>383285068
>micolash
>good
literally the worst boss fight in the series, he's bed of chaos tier
>>
>>383285279
>kino
you keep using that word, but I don't think you know what it means
>>
File: 1219798256283.gif (429KB, 213x201px) Image search: [Google]
1219798256283.gif
429KB, 213x201px
>start a new character
>5th time through the game
>Henryk killed Eileen

Legitimately did not even know this could happen.
>>
>>383324793
>taking meme words literally
What are you, autistic?
>>
>>383293021
But I've only got like 1 23% gem and the rest are somewhere in the teens %wise and I do pretty well in PVP.
>>
File: sweaty_knight.jpg (195KB, 687x950px) Image search: [Google]
sweaty_knight.jpg
195KB, 687x950px
I never played Bloodborne only the Souls series. I'm gonna buy it tommorow. Is it harder to 100% it ? Similar to Souls mechanics or extremely different ?
>>
Currently replaying and managed to beat Ludwig first attempt, surprisingly. Wasn't as lucky with Laurence, took me at least 7 attempts. Pretty sure I summoned for both on my first playthrough. Hoping I'll be able to handle Orphan when the time comes.
>>
>>383325127
Nah, Bloodborne is very easy to Platinum.
>>
>>383325127
>Is it harder to 100% it
I hope you like grinding
>Similar to Souls mechanics
It's Souls mechanics but with everything not related to flip builds stripped away
>>
>played BB when it came out
>found it pretty good although in the easier side
>1 year later
>don't remember almost anything about it
Was most of its content optional? I liked the game, I just didn't find it all that memorable.
>>
>>383324636
I guess you never played Demon's Souls.
>>
>>383325017
Henryk hits pretty hard, honestly. I hate when he kills me while I'm trying to save Eileen's old ass self.
>>
>>383325248

A huge amount of stuff in BB is optional. Literally all of Old Yarnham is optional, as is Upper Cathedral. Forget what else.
>>
>>383325127
It's heavily focused on high risk high return. You know Roll Souls 3? Think that but with faster rolling and more sperging bosses. Also the 'element' system is VERY goddamn important.

Arcane (magic) builds start off weak but end up godly.
Strength is always good.
Skill (Dex) is fairly good but its start weapons aren't the greatest.
Bloodtinge (No equivalent) is very, very rough to start with as Bloodtinge weapons don't show up until late in the game. Mostly just used to buff guns.

And those are the only stats. You really have to get the DLC, it's by far the best DLC in any souls game.

Bolt beats Ayys
Piercing attacks beat Ayys
Fire beats Beasts
Serrated beats Beasts
Blood beats nothing.
>>
>>383325248
A vast majority of the game is optional, oddly enough. I think out of the game's 20ish bosses only like seven of them are required.
>>
>>383325872
>>383325958
Thanks, I played it without a guide or knowing how insight changed things, so I guess I'll play it again.
>>
>>383325872
Hemwich is optional, original Yharhar is optional, Nightmare Frontier is optional I'm pretty sure, Upper Cathedral is optional, Old Yharnahm is optional, Cainhurst is optional, DLC is obviously optional, Chalice Dungeons are optional, Yosefka's Clinic is optional, and the final boss is optional.
>>
>>383325891
>blood beats nothing

Blood beast everything, nothing in the game has Blood defense.
>>
>>383326097
Insight doesn't really change much. It buffs some enemies, makes some enemies show up outright, adds spooky atmospheric shit, and drastically reduces your resistance to Frenzy damage. So like if Winter Lanterns are making you literally explode you need to reduce your insight. Hoarding it does nothing.
>>
>>383326182
VILEBLOOD DETECTED

VILEBLOOD DETECTED
>>
>>383326284
>>383326182
courtesy penis inspection by executioners in 5 minutes
>>
>>383326284
I'm just saying. I have not done a Bloodtinge build simply because I do not like the idea of having literally 3 weapons to choose from. But I've seen what kind of damage Bloodtinge builds put out.
>>
>>383325958
Let's see:
Gascicion
Amelia
Shadows
Rom
One reborn
Micolash
Mergo

Yup seven is right
>>
File: angel1sword[1].jpg (21KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
angel1sword[1].jpg
21KB, 640x480px
>>383292972
A Barefoot Cutie!

A Seven Bladed Sword trick weapon.
>Claymore Sized
>Normal Blade with a standard claymore moveset
>Transforms and additional blades pop out

Any idea for the trick move set?
>>
>>383327246
It's so weird to me that Shadows are required. Like our of all the other required bosses they're kind of meaningless.

Papa Guacamole: Shows that humans become beasts and hunters can be the worst beasts of all.
Amelia: Figurehead of the Healing Church and holds the secret to access the Forbidden Woods.
Rom: Mindless godlike being holding back the moon presence from Yharnham.
One Reborn: A horrific abomination created by the Choir in an attempt to create a great one using blood and flesh.
Micolash: Insane host or creator of the Nightmare being used to summon great ones to Earth or something something Mergo.
Mergo's Wet Nurse: The only thing keeping Mergo, a weak infant great one, alive and maintaining the infinitely long night of Yharnham.

Shadow's of Yharnham: Some weirdo snake cult that happens to *blocks your path* to Burgenworth.
>>
>>383322147
When exactly is the plot twist revealed? Are you talking about the lovecraftian element of the game?
>>
>>383328518
>Some weirdo snake cult that happens to *blocks your path* to Burgenworth.
They're the Queen's bodyguards.
>>
>>383328992
I don't think it's truly obvious until Lost Woods unless
A) You pop a shitload of insight early on
B) You find the Brainsucker below Oedon
C) Reading Hemwick shit.
>>
>>383329212
They sure as shit aren't doing a good job then.
>>
>>383329212
Makes sense, but why are they snakes?
>>
>>383329212
Are they? Citation? Why are they sneks? Citation?
>>
>>383329784
>Citation
Their name, for one, being the Shadows of (Queen) Yharnam, who can be seen guarding her in the Nightmare of Mensis (she is the only thing in the area they are nonhostile to)

>>383329501
The ones in Forbidden Woods are sneks because they picked up the knowledge detailed in
http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Madaras+Whistle
Basically: Nightmare snakes
>>
I fucking love chikage
>>
>>383324463
live orchestra
>>
>>383325017
Its the opposite for me, done 4 runs and hes killed her in every one except the 1st
>1st run, try and save her, succeed
>2nd run, plan to kill her after the fight, they mutual kill
>3rd run, try and save her, she dies, and he dies to me right after
>4th run, try and save her, Henryk kills her then me
>>
File: 1499139195018.jpg (988KB, 1772x2008px) Image search: [Google]
1499139195018.jpg
988KB, 1772x2008px
>>383317829
Always lewd the doll man she's perfect
>>
>>383325017
In my first run they both had almost no health left, because I stumbled onto it by accident, and got in the fight late. At the very end they both shot each other at the exact same time, and killed each other. I went like a full month thinking that was a scripted death event because of how cool it looked.
>>
>>383331678
Saitoh-sama

BB may have the best overall OST in all of vidya. I'm struggling to think of a better final boss' score than Gehrman.
>>
>>383314238
Don't forgot living failures
>2nd part comes in as the meteors fall
pacha.jpg
>>
>>383284979
What should I roll as my new character?
I've done Chikage and an Arcane bro.
No DLC
>>
>>383332216
Just literally spam your pistol at him and Eileen will just wreck him.
>>
>>383335504
Beast build. I want to see PvP between REEEE and AYY
>>
File: a1.jpg (78KB, 682x1000px) Image search: [Google]
a1.jpg
78KB, 682x1000px
>>383311641
I'd rather get the figma, too costly for my cheapass
>>
>>383336806
same desu
>>
>>383313462
Set RGB range to full in ps4 settings
>>
>>383334051
>I'm struggling to think of a better final boss' score than Gehrman.
Snake Eater
>>
>>383336670
Beast build it is, thx anon.
>>
>>383287237
I only put points into str/Dex and had a blast. It's the only way to play
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.