[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the Dark Souls of soulsborne?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (497KB, 1686x822px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
497KB, 1686x822px
What is the Dark Souls of soulsborne?
>>
ur mum bagina
>>
>>383271218
Dark Souls 2, like it or not.

Everything that made Dark Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2 did more of.

Demon's Souls wasn't polished enough, and Dark Souls 3 did either less of it, or the exact same thing again.

Bloodborne was good, but it went too Lovecraft to be Dark Souls.

Take a look at Invasion mechanics

DES: Weak, a unique concept, but unpolished.
DAS: Several different covenants, invading works well, very good. Problems with the PC version require a third party patch.
DAS2: Even more invasion themed covenants, more colors, more people at once, more types of covenant, and balance fixes so level 1 characters with level 15 swords aren't invading people in the first area. No patch needed, all of the covenants work great.
DAS3: Watered down covenants. Making two versions of the exact same covenant isn't creative. Too newbie friendly allowing you to switch covenants instantly, removing all meaning. Only contributes 1 new idea (purple). Blue covenants remain broken to this day.
Bloodborne: Covenants are weak as piss. Invasions nearly impossible. You can play the entire game without it happening once, or even figuring out how it works.
>>
>>383271990
Dark souls 2 is the worst of the bunch by far
>>
>>383272227
You may not like it, but again, if you compare any individual mechanic, Dark Souls 2 did it more "Dark Soulsy" than anything else.
>>
>>383272464
Covenants and invasion are neat mechanics but you cant judge the entier games based on it, dark souls 2 has the shittiest maps and threw all progress out for the lol2hard4u meme
>>
http://www.gamezone.com/originals/9-games-that-are-the-dark-souls-of-their-genre
>>
>>383272464
And with what authority are you defining the term "Dark Soulsy"? If anything, it's the least "Dark Soulsy" game of the series because the dude who directed every other game in the series didn't have anything to do with it.
>>
>>383271990
Covenants and invasions are a sub-mechanic of the game and can be entirely ignored while still enjoying every game in the series. In fact, playing the game offline is arguably the "purest" experience, and in that regard DS2 is objectively the worst of the series.
>>
File: 624573452.jpg (92KB, 640x1032px) Image search: [Google]
624573452.jpg
92KB, 640x1032px
>>383271218
This one.
>>
>>383272745
Okay, what about "maps" makes a game Dark Souls? I hate to be that guy but "not an argument"

That's like saying a game shouldn't be a part of a series because the textures are bad. Complaining about textures is fine if you are judging about the overall quality of the game, but texture quality has absolutely nothing to do with the series.

And before you say >My windmill elevator
Every single other game except DS1 invoked teleportation, or out of place transitions. As soon as you accept that you're moving a long distance over what appears to be a short distance (Which you discover in the second area of the game if you pay attention) then it's fine. Hell, its better than the other games since it doesn't bold faced teleport you.

>>383272813
What does the director have to do with gameplay?

Again, name any mechanic central to the Dark Souls games.
>>
>>383272962
>Covenants and invasions are a sub-mechanic of the game and can be entirely ignored while still enjoying every game in the series.

You know, except for the fact that the online play was the series single largest selling point.

But anyway, name a mechanic.

Judging by your post, you are probably one of those
>But DAS3 lets me roll and get millions of I-frames! Rolling non-stop like an idiot is what makes Dark Souls unique! When people say "The Dark Souls of X, they mean "The X that lets you roll a lot!"
people.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.