[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls 4 Kangz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: 4kangs.jpg (9KB, 441x248px) Image search: [Google]
4kangs.jpg
9KB, 441x248px
So I finished Dark Souls for a third time. One part of the game that really trips me up tho is the 4 kings. Nearly every time it's been luck that I've killed them. Is this just a general Git gud or is there something I'm missing here?
>>
I think it's supposed to be a timed fight, if you take too long to kill one the others show up and it's a nightmare to deal with. I had a friend co op with me the only time I've beaten them and it wasn't that much of a hassle
>>
>>383265339
Hmmm, thats what I've been thinking to be honest. Still it's a trippy fight but I just can't get my strat right no matter the character. Every other boss isn't to bad imo.
>>
>>383265152
It's just a DPS race. The best tactic is to get as close as possible and never stop swinging. Their swords do almost no damage to you when you are close so just take the hits. When your HP gets low drink, then go back to swinging away
>>
>>383265747
Ty, will keep that in mind next time.
>>
A good halberd jump to the head does wonders against those cunts (and most bosses with stationary parts).
>>
Eh
It's a gear check.
>>
>>383265339
>>383265747
Was going to add this - the depth of field because of the black room makes this fight a bitch if you stray too far.
>>
>>383265861
On my second run saw a few character builds on guides use halbreds only for this fight was kind of interesting.
>>
>>383265982
Yeah. First time fighting the four kings I got trapped a few times because of the invisible walls. I literally thought the arena was infinite
>>
It is a fair fight, even when 3 spawn, only 2 will try to hit you at a time, even so only one is agressive while the others play passive. You have to be actively trying to get more to spawn to be swarmed by them. Its at New londo you get the large ember for +15 normal upgrades, anor londo gives you lightining infusions that aregood against the keengs, so really no reason to be struggling against them or relying on luck. Even doing this fight at SL1 was still very predictable the outcome, of course getting hit would mean instant death if I wasn't careful, but still, a fair fight that is very underrated.
>>
>>383265152
git gud, for me they were the second hardest boss to beat in a SL1 run but I was actually forced to learn them for the first time and the fight was pretty fun opposed to just smashing them into bits like I usually did.
>>
>>383265152
Dps race bosses are always terrible
>>
>>383266157
>>383266219
See this makes me feel bad, that people can do this shit sl1. I know it's legitimately just a git gud and learn but still.
>>
>>383265339
>beaten them
>co-op
>>
Full Havel's and a strong 2-hander makes a quick work of them. I was able to soak most of the damage and killed them on my first try.
>>
>>383265152
I beat them on my first try by stunlocking them point blank with my Zweihander
I actually kind of regret it because years later I still don't know what the fight is actually supposed to look like
>>
>>383266512
Sl1 in Ds1 is not really a "I'm better than you" badge, its just a challenge run with min maxed equips and weapons that mostly relies on not getting hit. I did it because I wanted to try out for myself if I had good game knowledge.

This is what it really amounts to, DaS feels like a game of knowledge rather than skill alone, the more you know about the game, the better you fair.
>>
>>383265152
just gotta git gud tbqh. there are people who've beaten it without taking damage consistently, so it's not as luck dependent as you would think.

People are saying it's a gear check, but it's more of a dps race. The gimmick is that another king spawns every 40 seconds until there are 4 on the field at the same time. Treat it like the Moon Presence fight in Bloodborne and just stick to each king like glue and bash their face in. You're going for speed here, not finesse.
>>
>>383266591
>had my childhood friend play through all three souls games with me
Stay mad
>>
>>383267291
that actually sounds like a lot of fun anon, i'm jealous
>>
>>383267291
Only Souls game I cooped through was Dark Souls 2 and if anything the coop just makes the whole adventuring aspect so much worse. You're also running through the same zone multiple times and sometimes it will involve a lot of waiting. And most of the time it feels like you cheated the bosses because you're 2.
>>
>>383265152
it's a dps check where you need to stand as close as possible to minimize their damage and swing wildly.

also you can keep hitting them during their death animation. the king itself won't take damage since it's already dead but the total health bar at the bottom will continue taking damage
>>
>>383267698
>the total health bar at the bottom will continue taking damage
Holy shit I never knew this.
>>
>>383265152
Four fags is merely just a DPS rush. If you can do enough damage to kill one before the other shows up, then you're pretty much golden.
>>
>>383266157
I did it early at low SL to join the dickwraiths. They were my second boss after Sif (for the abyss walker ring). Others have mentioned that it's a dps race which is absolutely right, and that you need to stick close. Be particularly careful when they start screaming because that means a deadly AoE is coming, and it's tricky to roll through point-blank, so you need to get away. I managed to get my uchi to +14 using every tit piece I found, but there was no slab at that point in the game. And I used Power Within to help with the dps, even though I wasn't a pyro, since I mostly couldn't afford to get hit anyway.
>>
>>383265152
Put on full Havel or Stone armor, and buff a really heavy hitting weapon with charcoal pine resin. I used Large Club 2 handed and each Kang went down in a few hits.
>>
File: 1456462398688.jpg (127KB, 999x818px) Image search: [Google]
1456462398688.jpg
127KB, 999x818px
>>383265152
everyone simply quits the game after Seath, Nito and Witch because fighting 4skins just isn't worth itself since it feels like a huge piece of turd slapped on your face.
>>
>>383265152
>LMAO DUDE let's just make a faggy-ass looking nigger that will copypaste itself
>and also turn the fight into mind-numbing DPS assfest
>Hurrr such a brilliant design for a bossfight durr
>>
File: 1449753951151.png (125KB, 365x695px) Image search: [Google]
1449753951151.png
125KB, 365x695px
Name a worse boss than 4cucks, I dare you.
Protip: you can't.
>>
>>383265152
>want to replay DS1
>remember 4shits is a thing

sigh
every fucking time it dawns on me
why did fromsoft ruin their potential masterpiece of a game with this piece of cunt "boss"
WHY
>>
>>383269429
Bed of chaos is way way way worse
>>
High defense high poise armor. Get close and Tank through the hits and try to dish out high dps. Use like fully reinforced havel or giant armor, and a strong weapon. The boss is very hard otherwise imo
>>
>>383265152
the old strat is to just put on havels with a fast 2h sword and just wail on them as they emerge
>>
File: 71hXiO0Bp+L._SL1500_.jpg (314KB, 2324x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71hXiO0Bp+L._SL1500_.jpg
314KB, 2324x1500px
>>383269429
Ceaseless and Bed of Chaos
The re-skin demons, simply because they're lazy
Nito if you don't have the divine club to take the adds out

That's just DaS. There are way worse bosses the series has to offer.
>>
>>383269429
Off topic, where can I find big hipped cartoony females that are not /aco/ garbage?
>>
>unironically fighting 4shits in any way other than slapping its shit in Havel's
anyone who does this is a certified cuck.
>>
>>383265152
Ah yes... what an easy trash fight. Barely memorable. After fighting this faggot I was all like "what the fuck just happened?"
That's pretty much all you could say about the "quality" of this horrible parody of a """"""""""boss"""""""""".
>>
poise tank or git gud at abusing i-frames.

If you built your character CORRECTLY though, you should be able to kill one in 1-3 swings at that point.
>>
File: 1445789355489.png (442KB, 1194x1244px) Image search: [Google]
1445789355489.png
442KB, 1194x1244px
Four Queens would be a much better fight.
>>
>>383265152
Just dont lock on, ds1 is only hard because the dodging is fucked when you lock on and its not omnidirectional like the later games. Without botched rolling its a breeze.
>>
>>383266512
SL1 isn't even hard, it's only annoying to farm upgrade materials
>>
File: 1473126029564.png (59KB, 350x290px) Image search: [Google]
1473126029564.png
59KB, 350x290px
>>383269616
*clap-clap* You are a massive cumgurgler.
>>
>>383269786
>Nito if you don't have the divine club to take the adds out

He kills them so often himself that its hardly that much worse without it. The only shitty part about Nito is the fall damage at the start, but in a game where 99% of attacks are avoidable with a dodge I can forgive that since at that point health technically becomes a useless stat if you git gud at dodging.
>>
>>383269786
>Nito if you don't have the divine club to take the adds out
>actually fighting the adds
I bet you're the kind of guy that actually kills things that aren't bosses and that one Silver Knight in AL
>>
>>383269016
you have access to slabs as soon you leave the asylum, so long you took the master key, even so without it, after taurus demon you have access to one.
>>
>>383271965
Which one? Because I set myself a goal of doing a Sif -> 4kangz order so Stray Demon and the one where you fight Kalameet were out of the question, and I wasn't about to farm darkwraiths.
>>
>>383269223

It also doesnt help that New Londo Ruins is abysmal to go through every time.

Remember the GHOST ROOM?

The entire zone was baiting an ambush, walking back 20 feet, waiting for the slow ass ghosts to catch up and slap them to death before they hit you once to make you fall off the narrow bridges.
>>
>>383272843
Lizards in Great Hollow
>>
>>383273301
>actually going through New Londo
>actually fighting things that aren't bosses or that one Silver Knight
You're playing the game in the absolutely worst way.
>>
>>383265339
> killing bosses in co-op in single player designed game
God dayum, scrub. Consider suicide.
>>
>>383273553
>>383271884
Shut up you god-damned retard. No one cares about your dumb passive way of bragging about your """achievement""". How about you go achieve jumping off a tall bridge.
>>
>>383273359
Ah shit. I didn't know those were a surefire slab.
>>
>>383274510
They're not, he's memeing you.
>>
>>383266147
>>383265982
some players drop an item so they have a point of reference on the ground
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.