[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Genji players the most hated out of everyone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: genji-gameplay.jpg (58KB, 700x396px) Image search: [Google]
genji-gameplay.jpg
58KB, 700x396px
Why are Genji players the most hated out of everyone?
>>
>>383261116
Because most of the time they are in the game only to be either absolute tryhards who don't care about the objectives or useless wastes of a player slot.
>>
File: IMG_3268.jpg (14KB, 210x230px)
IMG_3268.jpg
14KB, 210x230px
>Genji

It's Mercy you fucking idiot
>>
Just get tired of him taking at least every second POTG just by whipping out his sword and killing more than one enemy with it
>>
Because they're either godly or they can't get a single kill. Most of the time it's the latter.
>ITT Overused I need healing "jokes"
>>
Genji, Hanzo, Widowmaker. The holy trinity of shit. Might as well be one teammate short whenever a shitter decides to pick them.
>>
i need healing
>>
>>383261116
>demoknights are already awful people
>make an entire character based around this
>somehow encourages the tryhard behavior of snipers on top of being a DPS class
>make him also really weeb-friendly for the cherry on top of the cancer sundae

I hate Genjis so much. In all my years I have never seen such an obnoxious stereotype of players. Why do I always end up with Genji mains on my team?

Where are all the Tracers? Or the COD kiddies that are supposed to be playing Soldier 76? Where are all my TF2bros that put thousands of hours in Soldier that should be playing Pharah?
>>
File: 1451450866040.jpg (21KB, 534x516px) Image search: [Google]
1451450866040.jpg
21KB, 534x516px
>Torb mains
>Symmetra mains
>Mercy girl gamer mains
>Sombra wanna-be-pro mains
>Hanzo that gets 1 kill a minute main

Nah. Genji mains are okay. The "I need healing" meme is a cringe faggot fuck meme from reddit blurred out of bronze players.
>>
File: Yasuo_0.jpg (542KB, 1215x717px) Image search: [Google]
Yasuo_0.jpg
542KB, 1215x717px
same reason
>>
>>383261664
Fuck off, I'm busy here.
>>
>>383261116
The other teams Genji will solo your entire team while your Genji is lucky to not instantly die as soon as he ults.
That's how it generally feels.
>>
>hero is considered very viable at the pro level
>has a ceiling on par with widow, but isn't widow
It's not hard to see why he's hated.
Too many people insta-lock him and then proceed to suck shit.

Other than that, his reflect skill has a few issues that will probably never be addressed.
>reflect box is not represented by the size of the animation
>animation ends before the reflect box does
>shooting the ground for aoe splash damage doesn't work consistently due to the odd reflect box
Those things make him fairly annoying to play against when the genji is good.
>>
mada mada
>>
>>383261763
>Genji mains are okay
Sure if you're a grandmaster playing comp. In every other case, Genji shits up the team. Would still rather have him than Hanzo or Widow though.
>>
>>383262156
>>animation ends before the reflect box does
This shit annoys the fuck outta me.
>>
In spite of allegedly being one of the fastest heroes all he does is slow down the game.

>off camera hear Japanese gibberish and the sound of thumbtacks flying across the map and scraping my character in the knee
>Genji shows up
>leaps around like a retard
>activates deflect after taking a single scrape, probably spamming "I need healing" right now
>get up to use the bathroom and grab a bottle of water because it's important to take breaks and stay hydrated
>come back to game
>Genji still deflecting
>bait Genji into dashing
>slaughter him as soon as he's done

It's not like Tracer, where fighting her is fast and fun and she's actually threatening.
>>
Unlike Tracer whose entire gameplay revolves around doing consistent tracking damage and then using her Ult to either finish off high health enemies or comboing with a Zarya or high priority targets like an ulting McCree etc. Genji revolves around doing nothing really of note until you pull your sword out and kill most of the enemy team by yourself.

NOTHING in the game right now compares to how far teams bent backwards to enable his bullshit back when it was double Zen and Symmetra shields. That really was true cancer.
>>
>>383262660
So he's literally a MOBA carry in an FPS.
>>
>>383262552
A good tracer is fucking frustrating to fight against, not fun
>>
>>383261116
But that's objectively hanzo
>>
>>383261116
>enemy genji
>bounces around like a coke fiend with the accuracy of a homing laser
>takes the entire team 30 seconds of focusing him to finally kill him
>play genji myself
>jump around like an autist with the aim of a baby because moving too much
>die in 2 seconds to the one person that's a mile from the action
>>
>>383261116
People are jealous that they can't play high skill ceiling characters, which is why they stick to shitter heroes like S76.
>>
>>383262727
If hes good enough, yes thats exactly right more or less. His play is entirely about building ult as fast as possible.
>>
File: 1497366894751.jpg (73KB, 428x386px) Image search: [Google]
1497366894751.jpg
73KB, 428x386px
>>383262552
>bait Genji into dashing
I don't want you to think I'm saying you play in low elo, but you will never bait out a genji dash unless he knows that dash is going to kill you.
>>
File: 1471277700962.jpg (81KB, 363x483px) Image search: [Google]
1471277700962.jpg
81KB, 363x483px
>>383262756
Tracer is the closest thing OW gets to TF2's speed and I will take it even if it means the absolute schizophrenic rhythm game insanity of her blinks and the mind games of her recall.

Now all we need is to give Pharah some kind of weapon-based jumping that doesn't immediately decelerate her.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZeZATcLiPQ
>>
>>383262838
Agreed
>>
Widows are worse. Only the biggest autist on my team have played Widows.
>>
>>383262930
To clarify, I can't think of a scenario behind out shooting the genji to where he needs to dash escape.

That's not baiting so much as you outplaying him.
>>
Fuck Genji, all he has to do is jump around like a fucking sperglord on meth until he gets his ult and goes weebmode 3000 and kills at least 3 people unless he is played by a complete incapable retard.
>>
I main Zen and Genji is my nightmare. But on PTR I play nothing but Genji, he's fun for sure, but there is a lot of correlation with the try hard "psst nothin' personal kid" type player that Genji attracts. More then Reaper which is weird.
>>
>>383263291
Well that's pretty much the scenario I mean. Maybe bait is the wrong word, I don't think it's outplaying him, I just need him to stop deflecting so I can shoot him.
>>
>>383261116
Because there are 2 and only 2 types of geni players.
Very good or very bad.
Some people just cant play skill focused heros.
Im saying this as a diamond genji main
>>
>>383263206
>play mystery
>get Widow
>have the best game of my life, popping off headshots with a 17 player kill streak and pretty much single handedly save the final point on Gibralter when it was only a few metres away from finishing
>pick her on QP
>can't hit shit and die repeatedly

This was on console btw
>>
>>383264110
Hello, mediocre Genji here, we exist and we're not proud of our lack of skill.
>>
My aims pretty shit and also,
>playing on a console
But I was playing as Ana and a genji was spamming the healing thing while fucking pacing back in forth when he was behind cover out of sight from the other team in the direction that would make it harder for me to hit but not the enemy.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.