[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do some people still buy multiplats on consoles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9

File: 13847998.jpg (38KB, 504x431px) Image search: [Google]
13847998.jpg
38KB, 504x431px
Why do some people still buy multiplats on consoles?
>>
File: top 5 games.png (124KB, 2274x800px) Image search: [Google]
top 5 games.png
124KB, 2274x800px
>>383260386
because they're too poor/stupid to build a PC but still want to play sports games/ CoD / GTA
>>
>>383260503
This. I would rather save money for things for family then build a high-end PC.
>>
>>383261104
>then build a high-end PC.
a PC doesn't need to be high end to be better than consoles anon
>>
>>383261154
But to play all the games with 60 fps and high settings is why most people build high-end PCs. Tbh I'm also very lazy and want my games to work without breaking or worrying about drives and shit. Its best to go with a PS4 in my current state.
>>
>>383261495
>But to play all the games with 60 fps and high settings is why most people build high-end PCs
Sure, but a mid range PC runs everything at 60FPS even at high-ultra settings in 1080p, you only start seeing performance drops if you want to play games in actual 4K, but 4K is still a meme resolution anyway.

I'm still using a 970 and can max out just about anything

There is nothing wrong with saying "I just don't know much about building computers and a console seemed more convenient"

On a certain level they are, but they also restrict the user way too much, and in the long run you end up paying way more for the console because of all the nickle and diming they can do since its a closed platform.
>>
>>383261701
Mind listing out the specs of your pc and the price for it. If I find someone who can build it for me, I'll do just that.
>>
File: Speccy64_2017-07-08_10-59-58.png (38KB, 724x473px) Image search: [Google]
Speccy64_2017-07-08_10-59-58.png
38KB, 724x473px
>>383261881
>Mind listing out the specs of your pc and the price for it.
Sure, I don't really have the time to price check each part, and the prices I paid years ago won't really apply anymore, but check out this website and it will tell you where you can buy these parts and it even shows you the best prices or if anyone has a deal on right now. It also lets you know that all of your parts are compatible if you feel like shopping around and maybe swapping parts out for something cheaper/better
pcpartpicker.com

And if you want a general idea of what a "high end" and "mid range" build goes for these days, Falcon Guide/Logical Increments is still the best place to start to give you an idea.

General rule of thumb is to resist the urge to over spend for no reason. Sure its nice to have the absolute best, but if you're not going to be playing games on an expensive 4K screen, you don't need two high end GPUs when a midrange one will still max everything out at 1080p just fine
http://www.logicalincrements.com/

>If I find someone who can build it for me, I'll do just that.
Honestly you should just put it together yourself m8, takes maybe an hour the first time, and the hardest part is just getting the heatsink fan on because you need to apply more pressure than most people want to. Odds of breaking anything is pretty slim as long as you ground yourself occasionally by touching metal, it really is as simple as putting together adult lego though. There are only so many slots, and each part only fits into one spot. You'll just be wasting money if you pay someone else to do it for you, its really easy.

There are lots of videos on youtube and tutorials around the internet you can check out too if you're still unsure or think its complicated. The media has kind of made computers sound really complex and scary, but it really couldn't be simpler to put them together. You just have to make sure you take a second to confirm that you're doing it correctly.
>>
I wouldn't but for games like COD console is the way to go.
>>
File: smiley_smoking_cigarette.png (65KB, 543x500px) Image search: [Google]
smiley_smoking_cigarette.png
65KB, 543x500px
>>383262713
>for games like COD console is the way to go.

>For a FPS the best platform is a console
>>
I get too paranoid about some sorta hacking of my pc or it just blatantly breaking down.

Oddly enough both those things ended up happening on consoles. PS3 ylod and that Sony hack a while back.
>>
>>383260386
Why do you care how others spend their money?
>>
>>383262841
>I get too paranoid about some sorta hacking of my pc or it just blatantly breaking down.
Hacking is a meme, and computers randomly breaking also kind of is as well.
Just do regular maintenance and you'll be fine.
Simple stuff like running the occasional virus scan, opening the case every few months to get rid of dust build up so your shit doesn't over heat, things like that.
>>
>>383262926
Why don't you want to talk about videogames?
>>
>>383260386

>Multiplat multiplayer game on PC
>Full of hackers
>Never has as many players as console

>Single player game on PC
>Pray its a good port and actually gets updates
>>
I play on console because then you don't get fiascos like Arkham Knight or Nier Automata.
>>
>>383262959
I do that. But I actually do suffer with paranoia so it makes it difficult for me.
>>
>>383263090
>implying consoles don't get hackers

>implying mods and fan patches don't fix games to the point where they're objectively better than the console version even if they weren't at release

>implying
>>
>383263090
Weak bait, no (you) for you
>>
The convenience of having everything consolidated. You can have all your entertainment systems hooked up to your TV rather neatly, but incorporating a decent PC into that is rather cumbersome until you get to the actual game. And then you'd still need a battle station for PC exclusives.
>>
>>383263275
What was wrong with Nier Automata?
Also, Arkham Knight is what happens when you outsource to a shitty company to do your port for you for as cheap as possible
>>
>>383262625
Thanks my dude.
>>
>>383262625
>only 8GB ram
>970

wew
>>
>>383263564
970 maxes everything out just fine in 1080p, and I haven't bothered getting around to getting the second stick of RAM because I haven't needed to yet.
Shits been working fine for years, no reason to waste money fixing something that ain't broke
>>
Convenience.
>>
Because it's more convenient. I don't want to have to bother worrying about the reccomended system specs and fucking around with the settings and spending an hour getting the damn controller to work properly so I can play it. Even so, system stability has always been a big concern for me and sometimes I get tensed wondering if the game would freeze or get stuck in a setting I cannot change because I'm too stupid to understand how a computer OS functions during a game.
With a console, I don't have to deal with that shit, just pop in the disc and the game runs perfectly. Inferior graphics and framerate be damned, I just want to relax and have fun without having to be hassled over setting a game up for a PC.
>>
>>383263350

ps4 and xbone haven't been broken open like their predecessors yet.
>>
>>383263862
having to keep paying a fee every month to play online while only being able to use the official controller for that platform doesn't seem very convenient to me.
You can't even install unofficial patches so you just have to hope that the devs fix the problems themselves.
>>
>>383264038
Nah, but having your games on one platform is convenient.
>>
>>383263564
Perfect for 1080p. There's no problem there.
>>
>>383264426
>Nah, but having your games on one platform is convenient.
How does that not apply to PC as well?
>>
>>383264013
Is this pasta? Haven't seen this one yet.
>>
>>383264763
Because console exclusives still exist, and a whole PC setup can be inherently inconvenient enough to be negligible.
>>
>>383265181
>Because console exclusives still exist
Barely, unless you're talking about Nintendo
>>
>>383265181
>Because console exclusives still exist
And PC doesn't have exclusives?
>>
>>383261881
Not that guy, but here's what I used for twin builds for me and my wife.

i5 6600k
GTX 1060 6 GB
16 GB DDR4 RAM
Blu-ray drive
500W PSU, silver certification
Corsair 200R case
Z170 motherboard (not in front of my computer so I can't remember the make and model)
500 GB SSD (not a Samsung, can't remember make and model)
4TB WD Black HDD
Coolermaster 212 Hyper EVO

Total came to just about $1500, or $750 each. I don't come in on either side of the console/PC debate as I own it all, but I can see both sides. Building a PC is more expensive, but will last longer. A console is weaker and can't be upgraded, but it's cheap and will "just work."

If you want to see how a build goes, I watched a several year old Newegg video on assembly which helped a lot and will walk you through the whole process. The only tricky part I found was properly situating the heat sink, but watch a video and it'll be quite easy. Good luck.
>>
>>383260386
>some
You mean the vast majority of console players
>>
It bothers me that console only players think fiddling with settings is a con. Being able to turn off things you may not like like motionblur, chromatic aberration or depth of field is a boon and you're in control of the performance level you want instead of being subject to the discretion of the devs.
>>
>>383265263
Non-PC games, at least. How else am I gonna play Madden?

>>383265295
>and a whole PC setup can be inherently inconvenient enough to be negligible.

Most people don't want to sit at a desk and/or deal with a keyboard just to play Dwarf Fortress.
>>
>>383266782
You don't have to sit at a desk to use your PC and you know full well he was talking about modern exclusives, don't shitpost.
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 481x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 481x640px
>>383260386
>i really want to play REVII! But im not current gen... What do i do??
>"well, you could either get a good PC or a PS4 to be honest"
>how much?
>"well a decent PC to build is probably gonna be between $750-$1000 if you hunt around or a PS4 is as little as $200 i guess"
>is it the exact same game anyway?
>"well, technically yeah, bu-"
>ONE PS4 PLEASE!

Woah OP, that was really hard. It's almost like no one cares about high entry barriers to play new fucking video games except enthusiasts who are actually in the minority supporting this industry. Crazy stuff.
>>
>>383260386
Laptop for work, console for games
>>
>>383260386
Because console games ported to PC are usually awful despite the small graphical improvements
>>
When said multiplat's pc port is handled by a garbo company like Arkham Knight I'm not playing with that nonsense
>>
>>383262831
>a casual fun friendly FPS

ftfy
>>
>>383266140
This. Anons here are out of touch if they think the majoraty are buying their consoles based on exclusives like some here do.
>>
>>383262831
>For an FPS designed and balanced around being played on a controller, the best platform is a console
yeah
>>
>>383266908
And most people don't want a 'living room PC'. What's the confusion?
>>
>>383267285
>"well a decent PC to build is probably gonna be between $750-$1000
you are one of those faggots who think you need an 7700k and a Titan to run that garbage of RE game, right?
>>
>>383261495
> want my games to work without breaking or worrying about drives and shit

This is literally a meme. You only have to install drivers once and they will automatically update. Hell, you don't even really need them, it's just better to have them.
>>
>>383267881
>oh cool! So a PC will be cheaper after all? I nearly bought this $200 PS4! Please show me the $200 PC that runs as good as the PS4 does.
>>
>>383267881
>I didn't build my PC

Newsflash, a PC that outperforms new releases on consoles by any significant degree is more than $750
>>
>>383267881
Processor: $200
GPU: $250
Mobo: $150
Ram: $50
HDD: $50
Case: $50
>>
>>383267285
>Can I do anything else on them aside from play games?
>well yeah, you can do quite literally anything on a half decent computer, you can watch or listen to any file type, download most things for free, become a content creator yourself and make games, movies, music or any other form of art, you can also use it to keep in touch with people all around the world without dealing with a shitty smartphone, really videogames are just a tiny tiny portion of what you can do with a PC, its more of a tool with a million uses.
"okay what about the PS4?"
>well, it can watch netflix I guess
"can't I do that on a PC but better?"
>uh, I guess so
>>
File: image.jpg (261KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
261KB, 1024x768px
>>383268354
And yet OP poses the question "but ehy are they STILL choosing to play multiplatforms on console? See, you already just bored the fuck out of "hypothetical-san" with your droning on. He said "i want to play REVII!" Not all that other shit. LISTEN to your customer anon, and you might be able to sell him a thing. You are upselling to hard for him.

Now, whilst indeed a PC is superior and indeed more useful, the reality is, people continue to purchase consoles, and they mostly play multiplatform games on them. This is reality. Consoles are going nowhere. That is why, they are catered to first, and PC must wait longer. Despite the horse power, PC is often an after thought, a second class citezen. A chance to make a bit more money at the end of a games run "IF" it is viable.
>>
>>383268354
>>Can I do anything else on them aside from play games?

Who the hell asks that? I just wanna play video games.
>>
>get job
>can buy a console and a PC on 1 pay check out of 26 for the year

wow such a hard decision
>>
>>383269115
>big enough paycheck you can buy WHATEVER YOU WANT HAHA!

But SHOULD you? Anyway, it does not seem to change reality, people are still buying massive numbers of consoles for multiplatform gaming.
>>
>>383262831
every multiplayer multiplat is better on console because of hackers on PC
>>
>>383269486
If you are to consider yourself technically inclined and especially if you want to work in a tech oriented industry, you need to have a decent PC, regardless of if you want to play on consoles or not
>>
>>383265930
Not a smart guy, but how well does that run? I'm talking about new games on high settings.
>>
PC owner here. I will sometimes pick up a multiplat on console if the PC version is garbage or there is little difference between the PC and console version (Also helps that console versions go on sale frequently).

This usually happens with Japanese games more then anything for me honestly.
>>
>>383269486
Maybe people like playing on console because you can still get physical copies of games.

I forgot my steam login and lost access to like 40 something games when I changed credit cards and now valve won't give me the account back.

I'd rather have hard copies of all my JRPGs fampai.
>>
>>383269486
>$1200 paycheck
>$20 / hr
>40k / year salary

my point is these are arguments that NEETs and kids have because they don't have any income and otherwise we would not be constantly having these arguments.
>>
>>383260386
Why not?
>>
Why do people pay upwards of 1000 dollars for multiplats with minimal graphical upgrades?
>>
>>383268881
>Who the hell asks that?
Most normies considering netflix not being on the switch was apparently a huge deal
>>
>>383269504
>there are STILL normies that fell for this meme
Good goyim, keep buying consoles so you don't have every game ruined by those sneaky hackers
>>
File: image.png (31KB, 384x224px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
31KB, 384x224px
>>383269584
I agree. But that is not the reality of the question OP asks. If mustards had their timeline, consoles would not exist and we would all be playing on PC's that carry the latest technical achievments in the millions. But this is not reality, and trends do not show the console monster slowing anytime soon. We live in a reality where enthusiasts with great PC's have to complain about delays and exclusives.
>>
Why do pc users wait 2 years longer than console users for multiplats?
>>
File: idort.jpg (5KB, 255x198px) Image search: [Google]
idort.jpg
5KB, 255x198px
I like to play my multiplats on PC and buy Nintendo consoles for exclusives, I don't miss out on much
>>
>>383270314
And I'm saying I own a PC and both consoles. Should you buy a console after the fact? If you want. But you should already be in possession of a gaming capable PC.
>>
>>383270176
You can watch Netflix directly from your TV nowadays so that point is moot. For everything else, most people would use either a less cumbersome device or an actual work machine. Entertainment computers aren't useful to most people.
>>
>>383270663
Hey, you wont hear me argue with your "should" anon, but thats just how things are.
>>
>>383271002
This. The real point is who DOESN'T own a craptop/tablet a phone and a TV already?
>>
>>383269631
The newest game I've tried to run is The Witcher 3. I've got all the settings maxed except Hairworks which is at low (Hairworks doesn't improve much from low to high, but is much more graphically intensive) at 1080p. In Novigrad I get between 45 and 50 FPS, and hover at around 60 everywhere else. Works great. TW3 is a fairly demanding game, and optimized well enough.
>>
>spend $250 to buy a console that plays a ton of mainstream games fairly well at a decent framerate, certainly not incredible, but at least one that isn't unplayable
>buy the console and games at any store
>plug it in
>put the disc in
>20 minute software update & installation
>you're playing

or

>spend ~$1000 to get a decent gaming PC that you have to wait for all the parts to ship separately for and spend the time putting together
>alternatively, spend another $500 in markup to just get a pre-built instead
>Finally set it up
>Buy everything through steam because nobody sells physical PC copies anymore so you can't access them after steam inevitably goes out of business
>realize a lot of the devs are pandering to consoles because it's a bigger and easier market filled with less pirates so you have nearly no exclusives
>rely on microsoft to port xbox games to you eventually
>spend all your free time signing internet petitions for 5+ year old games to get PC ports
>devs still don't do it because they know you're still gonna pirate it anyway
>realize you wasted all your time and money buying a $1000+ shovelware machine with like 20 good games worth playing and 10 that make the $500 graphics card worth it
>>
>>383275058
And the real thing is only they complain about people using consoles despite not owning one themselves.
>hey nerd, enjoying your console and 30fps over there.
>"yes."
>PAAAAH.AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAHA. good one nerd.
>>
>>383269631
Not him but an i5 is a really bad buy atm. R 1600 is the same price with 2 more cores and 3x more threads, same ipc you only lose 20% clock speed

Intel is also releasing 6 core i5s in September
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.