[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Times when /v/ was wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: latest[1].png (2MB, 760x1079px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
2MB, 760x1079px
>this game sux
>this game is so hard
>le gta 3 clone with edgy protag

Sure, whatever, the game is awesome, git gud and stop playing shitty handholding games.
>>
I beat this when I was 11, kids at school always got stuck and raged lol
>>
I enjoyed the fuck out of this too. Felt like a smooth colorful version of GTA.
>>
>>383259029
>Artifical difficulty: the game
>>
>>383259029
>shitty floating cars that blew up
>retarded time based missions

it was literally a shitty GTA clone

same thing happened to Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

they made the game edgy as fuck, and made the game "open-word" or this case "open-castle"
>>
>>383259292
>I suck at videogames: the post
>>
>>383259029
Man that open world was empty as fuck, what a waste of effort. All the mid-late level were just empty ugly Unity-tier maps too.
>>
Jak 3 was shittier and way too short.
>>
>>383261041
Jak 3 was better. It only turned to shit when they forced you to go back to Haven city
>>
>>383259029
This game was top-tier. You fags need to stop spouting memes at each other and learn to enjoy art. You'll never find another Naughty Dog game as good as this.
>>
Unironically my favorite jak. Going from mute to voiced was a great step, and scattergun will always be best gun.
>>
>>383261224
Well that says something, doesn't it.
>>
>>383261041
This. I dismiss anyone who hates 2 and likes 3 as a casual faggot.
>>
>>383261273

>When sometimes you feel like being a dick so you go in the middle of the crowd and spin shoot.
>>
I'M GONNA KILL BARON PRAXIS
>>
>>383261041
I'm going to agree but only because I thought the story was just pure garbage in Jak 3 that felt half-hearted the entire way through and I really didn't care for the cars, which take up a significant portion of the game.
>>
1>3>2
>>
>>383259029
>the game is hard therefore it's good
go back to Souls tryhard
>>
>>383259029
>dis gam is da dark soulz of adventure gaemz

It was crash.
>>
>>383259029

Based OP.

Jak 2 is unironically one of my favorite games of all time. It's so good. Fuck every faggot who doesn't like it because le edgy meem.
>>
I mean that last one is accurate, Jason Rubin outright said GTA was one of their main influences for where they took the series after the first game
>>
>>383259292
This.

>racing missions with gay rubberbanding
>vehicle missions with terrible vehicle controls
>Crimson guards hitscan instalock onto you after they miss a few shots
>memeshit minigames, some which are near impossible on hero mode
>the checkpoints
>missions spaced far across the map from each other, takes 5 minutes to drive to each new mission
This game is terribly designed.
>>
>>383262062
>Implying the game was designed rather than just cobbled together out of whatever shit the developers felt like making that week
>>
>>383262062
>racing missions with gay rubberbanding
git gud
>vehicle missions with terrible vehicle controls
You just hold X and push forward and shoot with R1. If you somehow fuck this up, you must be retarded
>Crimson guards hitscan instalock onto you after they miss a few shots
If you haven't evaded or killed the after the first few shots, you deserve that
>memeshit minigames, some which are near impossible on hero mode
h o w
>the checkpoints
Hello DSP
>missions spaced far across the map from each other, takes 5 minutes to drive to each new mission
It's cause they want you to play the minigames they made.
>>
>>383261041
Bullshit. Jak 2 was good but Jak 3 had way better gameplay.
>>
>>383262329
Post a screenshot of your finished hero mode game file. Drill platform hero mode is literally impossible.
>>
Got the trilogy on vita after playing the ratchet and clank one
1 was alright platformer, 2 was okay a bit odd not much to do out of missions, got to 3 and stopped right away the theme of the game seemed amazing u til the racing part, which was right away, like holy shit turn a corner incorrectly, make one fucking mistake and the whole race is over stopped playing it, put me off how different it felt to 1.
>>
File: 1476043617160.jpg (552KB, 720x1107px) Image search: [Google]
1476043617160.jpg
552KB, 720x1107px
>tfw we'll never get a true comfy platformer sequel to Jak and Daxter
>>
>>383262514
That first racing mission is garbage, gets better when they let you drive the actually good cars, which is everything else.
>>
>>383262471
First of all
>implying i'd waste time pulling out my PS2 and setting it up to prove something on a weeaboo image board
Secondly, I thought you were talking about the optional minigames. The drill platform actually is a pretty bad level
>>383262514
>vita ports
Get a PS2
>>
>>383262630
I already felt fatigue from the first game, doing the exact same shit again would suck.
>>
>>383262630
It was too short and too easy desu. J&D needed a sequel that polished it up rather than going in a divergent direction.
>>
File: Grand_Theft_Auto_V.png (187KB, 300x369px) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Theft_Auto_V.png
187KB, 300x369px
Fuck the haters, this game is fun as fuck
>>
File: 1495680651858.png (296KB, 411x412px) Image search: [Google]
1495680651858.png
296KB, 411x412px
>Jak's first sentence was "I,m gonna kill Praxis"
>not only does he not kill Praxis, but he's still tried & punished for Praxis's death
Jak2fags WILL defend this
>>
>>383263079
>Jak banished from city
>later just strolls back in anyway and no one gives a fuck
>>
>>383263310
I guess they were too busy with that street war.
>>
>>383261106

>half the city not accessible
>it ties 2 and 3 together nicely
>its amazingly good looking

you are wrong. the only issue with jak 3 was it was trying a bit too hard to be dark sometimes.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 258x245px
Why is every boss in the Jak series so fucking shit?
>>
>>383263972
I liked the precursor robot in 3.
It wasn't too difficult or complicated, but it was pretty reactive and it looked fantastic. It felt like a Crash Bandicooot boss in that regard.
>>
>>383263785
>it was trying a bit too hard to be dark sometimes.
It felt more lighthearted than Jak 2
>>
>>383263972
Naughty Dog have never been able to make good bosses, none of their games have good bosses. Eventually they gave up completely at Uncharted 3.
>>
>>383261874

>jak 2 is hard

back to minecraft with you

>>383262469

Yeah, the additions to combat were great. It had awesome locations and a tight atmosphere. Sometimes it did feel a bit.. empty tho. Barely any people in the desert city, barely anything in the desert. Less interaction, so to speak.
>>
>>383263972
Naughty Dog is just Acclaim-tier when it comes to bosses.
>>
>>383264194
What "interaction" is there in the Jak world anyway? Both Haven city and the desert are empty and have nothing to do except collect orbs.
>>
>>383264163
>Naughty Dog have never been able to make good bosses
Crash 2 N.Gin is great.
>>
>tfw enjoyed and beat all of the games as a kid
i feel bad that you cant appreciate each game for what it is.
>>
>>383264085

>isolated desert
>mad max atmosphere
>general color scheme
>you come back to a ruined city destroyed by bugs and war
>less character interactions
>the color green is almost entirely absent

All things Jak, this was as dark as it gets, leaving out the cute little twist at the end.
>>
>>383259029
I swear over half of the missions in that game just felt like "that level". I wouldn't say they were difficult but they sure as hell were tedious and long. Something I wouldn't want to have to restart even once because I fall into a pit or some shit.
>>
>>383264380

Just comparing the two games - Jak 2 had more creatures and NPCs, it was more colorful and I wouldnt be surprised if it also had more cutscenes. More sidecharacters you could visit whenever. Haven city had way more interactions than desert city.
To add Jak 3 was more spaceous, which definitely evoked feelings of emptyness/ isolation at times.
>>
>>383264504
>leaving out the cute little twist at the end.
Still harsh knowing that Damas never finds out Jak is his son and Jak only finds out just as he dies.
>>
>>383264504
If we're just looking at setting, then Jak 2 and 3 are equally matched in tone. The only bit of green comes from the Haven Forest, which is just as present in Jak 2 as it is in Jak 3.
>>
>>383264080
The lack of control over the camera made that super frustrating. I failed to grasp the depth of where Jak was and constantly kept falling off those fucking platforms.
Also, a simple aiming mechanism would have rendered most of that fight pointless.
>>
>>383265264
>A simple aiming mechanism would have rendered most of Jak II and 3 pointless
ftfy
>>
>>383264949

I played both almost back to back and I felt Jak 3 to be quite a bit darker and, how to say - more desolate. And I thought this was reflected in both the art style, the color choices, the soundtrack and the story.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.