[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What games are better than Dark Souls?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 15-02-05-14-31_0_large_photo.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
15-02-05-14-31_0_large_photo.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
What games are better than Dark Souls?
>>
Objectively, when you look at how unpolished and untested Dark Souls games are, an average AAA release these days would be better quality.

Subjectively, Dark Souls is still a lot of fun, so it's up to personal preference.
>>
Deus Ex
Super Metroid
Silent Hill 2
A Link to the Past
>>
>>383256724
Dark Souls gave me 140 hours of replayability.
Team Fortress 2 gave me 3000. And I'm not done yet.
>>
>>383256724
home alone for the snes
>>
What's the point of this thread?
>>
Halo
>>
>>383256724

I think the question would be what game does Dark Souls better than Dark Souls? As in, which one of the games that tried to work with the same formula actually did it better than the source material.

An admittedly subjective example would be Bloodborne, because of the way weapons and combat work on that game. I know I went with a stupid choice (of course From can do Souls-like games) but it's the easiest way to explain what I meant with my question.
>>
Armored Core
>>
>>383256976
>>383257093
>>383257159
>>383256838
shit man, I expected something good to pick up, not these turd opinions
>>
Otogi
>>
Demon's Souls
>>
>>383256724
Overwatch.
>>
>>383257375
Not my fault Dark Souls was so half-assed.
>>
>>383256724
Zelda is probably one of the games which is most similar to Dark Souls while also being vastly better. The core gameplay is the same: sword and board combat with targeting and different types of moves, map items/spells to a few directional buttons, use consumable items, explore a semi-open world and unlock new areas as you explore, fight bosses etc. However, where Zelda rapes Dark Souls is in variety. Whereas Dark Souls is purely a combat game, Zelda is about 30% combat and 70% adventure. You don't just fight things, you get to solve puzzles, interact with dozens of unique characters, play minigames, and more. In this way, Zelda just has so much more going on. Dark Souls is harder, obviously, but Zelda is the same basic premise with far more to do and see.
>>
Hyper Light Drifter
>>
>>383257297
>I think the question would be what game does Dark Souls better than Dark Souls?

So far nothing, otherwise people would be praising it to high hell. Now if you want to stretch things, than Zelda (specifically the very best Zeldas, I'm not including the minor games) is better than Dark Souls, and especially better at offering an immersive, highly interactive world that is gated off in creative ways.

Bloodborne actually disappointed me though. It was way too simplistic in most areas and I rarely felt the need to experiment with its mechanics. It honestly has the weakest combat in the series in my eyes, being needlessly hectic and with a difficulty curve that actually starts of at its hardest and gets easier, and the world and its aesthetic didn't really interest me that much.
>>
File: Link-no-bouken.png (23KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Link-no-bouken.png
23KB, 400x300px
>>383257553
>Dark Souls is harder, obviously

I am sure you have not played the original game's second quest.
>>
>>383258068
>I am sure you have not played the original game's second quest.
I had it as a kid. I never finished it, not because it was difficult, but because it was a shit game.
>>
File: 1221018513599.png (38KB, 398x594px) Image search: [Google]
1221018513599.png
38KB, 398x594px
>>383257297
>think the question would be what game does Dark Souls better than Dark Souls?
Depends on what you mean by that. If you mean simple, but challenging combat, an interesting setting, and a sense of deadly adventure, then Gothic comes to mind.

If you mean bugginess, retarded AI, repetitive gameplay, lack of a proper story, lazy corridor-like levels, and a rabid fucking fanbase... Well, Gothic has some of those at least.
>>
>>383257514
Dark Souls is objective the best videogames experience you can jave this generation. Grow up
>>
>>383256724
Any God of War game
>>
Tux Racer
>>
>>383256724
Super street fighter 2 turbo
Street fighter 3rd strike
Dodonpachi
Strikers 1945
Gunbird 2
Streets of rage 2
Batsugan
Muchi muchi pork
Battle bakraid
Or maybe it was battle garegga
Tetris online poland
Nullpomino
Tetris grand master 3
Beatmania iidx
Other games too
Karnov's revenge
Atomic runner
Sonic 3
Mario world
Shinobi 3
Other stuff
Cultris 2
Icy tower
Cave story
>>
>>383258483
>objective the best
>jave
I can't keep up with this Reddit slang. Someone translate?
>>
>>383258550
*puking noises*
>>
>>383257553
>puzzles
>boring dialogue
>minigames
>good
low test/woman detected
>>
>>383258603
Aren't thosr good games
>>
>>383258068
>Talks about the original game's second quest
>Posts a picture of Zelda 2

This has to be bait
>>
>>383258483
*half of Dark Souls
>>
>>383258829
This thread isn't about good games, it's about better games than ds
>>
Super Mario Bros 2
>>
>>383256724
Most of them
>>
>>383256724
Diablo 3
>>
>>383259262

it's a mastapeece
>>
>>383256724
Dragon's Dogma, duh.
>>
>>383256724
None

Dark Souls is my favorite game of all time. I'll admit there are tons of technically better games though. Dark Souls definitely is rough around the edges mechanically.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.