[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jeff Kaplan says Overwatch is balanced, and he likes the "dive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 31

File: 9kbmyTXWEWG4c3jjFX7Hji-650-80.jpg (36KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
9kbmyTXWEWG4c3jjFX7Hji-650-80.jpg
36KB, 650x365px
"What I mean is that I don’t feel like there are any heroes who are way too strong to the point of breaking balance. That doesn’t mean that I personally don’t think there are some problems with heroes," he wrote. "While I believe moving Roadhog away from a 1 shot combo was a necessary thing we had to do, I’m not entirely satisfied with where he’s at right now. I also think we need to do some brainstorming when it comes to Mercy’s resurrect, for example. The ability is extremely powerful in a very unfun way for both Mercy and everyone playing against that Mercy. But it’s not doomsday."

So,it is baalnced?
>>
He is not wrong. There's a difference between broken and "this character is annoying".
>>
A meta/lineup that is only really countered by mirroring it is probably not balanced. If they go X, you should be able to go Y. Not, well they went dive so now we have to or lose or play an unfavorable game where a single mistake will pretty much lose the game anyways.
Same with Triple Tank. The best lineup against it was the same lineup.

Could be solved by more and more heroes making the pool bigger, so a dive wouldn't need 4 or even 5 of the same pool of heroes on both teams. Maybe the same composition and style but with a variety of heroes rather than just a mirror.

but its OW so its going to take fucking ages to release enough heroes for that to happen, and their maps are chokepoints after chokepoints. The Horizon map is actually pretty wide/big so maybe they will make a new competitive game mode for non-chokepoint maps.
>>
>>383250352
Who cares about meta in a casual game?
Press q to win
>>
Dive is just dull because certain characters have no way of diving or escapes.
>>
>>383250352
>mercy
>op

who believes this shit?
>>
Every time a creative lead spends too much time on his project it always-without-fault makes a turn for the worse. It makes you blind and you're unable to objectively look at what you're working with, instead you're operating within pre-defined parameters determined in your mind.

Jeff needs to take a few months off and play some other games and return to refresh his mindset.
>>
>>383250592
>you should be able to go Y.
Real issue is Y was Roadhog and when he got nerfed into the ground is when Dive REALLY took off.
>>
>>383250352
>"While I believe moving Roadhog away from a 1 shot combo was a necessary thing we had to do, I’m not entirely satisfied with where he’s at right now

Wow, I wonder if that has to do with Roadhog going from fun to completely garbage.
At least those silver shitters won't bitch about roadhog anymore though right?
>>
>>383250908
your so fucking stupid, every game that had a road hog there was another road hog on other team always
>>
The meta among the top characters is fine, but the fact there's characters with extremely specific niches that still aren't really the best choices in those situations means there's still some work to do. I don't think Roadhog was a necessary change since he was a part of the top character meta that worked well for what he did. Realizing Mercy ult is unfun is fine but I mean it was really unpopular months before now so why make the change anyway?
>>
Full article : http://www.pcgamer.com/jeff-kaplan-says-overwatch-is-balanced-and-he-likes-the-dive-meta-just-fine/
>>
>>383251292
>but I mean it was really unpopular months before now so why make the change anyway?
Because the players are getting fucking sick of the skinner box gameplay and "PLAY NOW PLAY NOW OR YOU NEVER GET ANYTHING" events

They have barely added fucking anything just to the base game, everything is garbage timed events.
>>
>>383250352
>game with infinite ammo
>balance
>>
>>383251380
true
>>
>>383250562
Then why nerf Roadhog
>>
> I think we also need to be careful about demanding drastic change. A few months ago we nerfed D.Va and we faced the ire of many very upset players who thought we “ruined” the hero and she would never be played again. There was mega thread after mega thread demanding she be buffed. We held our ground because we believed she was fine. We did not touch her. And now she is one of the dominant heroes in the dive meta – clearly not in need of a buff.
Yep
>>
>>383251572
they 'nerfed' her by reducing her shield time slightly after giving her a massive buff
>>
>>383251572
This is why I hate D.Va mains
Fucking retards
>>
>>383251572
the greatest mistake they made with d.va was making her immune to her ulti
>>
>>383251567
It was probably in preparation for Doomfist, Roadhog would have been his strongest counter In the worst way possible.
>>
>>383250352
>>383251572
read between the lines. basically he's just tired of peoples bitch threads and is telling them to fuck off

Which is supreheeemmlly ironic when you think about how Kaplan got hired

>>383251750
Probably true. Orisa was likely designed with Doomfist in mind and Roadhog was nerfed with him in mind.
>>
Roadhog is still kinda strong but i mean its dva/monkey/tracer/genji/ nearly every game good luck not feeding ult charge as hog.

His nerf did not enhance the dive meta.
>>
>>383251572

>Change DM to use instead of timed active
>Not her jets

This is why OW is laughable.

Also if I could get a hold of Roadhog's design spec, I would basically strip all damage from him, tie his heal into his hook somehow (cd reduction, improved, whatever) and allow his hook through barriers, but make it so his hook comes out with a minor delay or projectile speed decrease.

Because you're fucking copying Pudge, just do Pudge. You pull them in, you got them out of position, your team murders them, you just face tank everything. Give his hook a knockdown on finishing reeling someone in for good measure, it should be fucking scary to get hooked.

Also might as well give snipers some barrier penetration, and maybe Zarya.
>>
>>383251572
fun fact: retards on blizzard forums aren't game developers
>>
>>383251750
Now instead it's Sombra and Reaper.

Why does Talon counter their leader so well?
>>
>>383251648
? They lowered her armor and damage, that's what he's talking about there were so many people crying about how worthless she was with those changes.
>>
>>383251938
How effective is doomfist against D.va?
I didn't see anyone play her in the PTR since everyone is too busy being a fuckhead attacking character
>>
>>383251648
I believe the thing that made everyone get upset was them switching around her health and armor from the 100hp500armor to 400/200
>>
I haven't played since omnic uprising event. What's dive comp?
>>
>>383252117
D.va, Winston, Genji, Tracer, Lucio, and some other healer use their mobility to fuck everything in the ass.
>>
>>383252117
dva/winston/genji/tracer diving squisy and having a mercy to res anyone who died doing that.
>>
>>383252034
AFTER giving them a huge buff

All they did was curtail the buffs slightly
>>
>>383252087
He's a bit like old Roadie was against her. He can knock her about and deal damage through DM, but at that close a range D.Va can shred him. If the Doomfist is on point with his cooldowns and has some good barriers, he can knock her out of the mech, but if not D.Va will probably kill him.

So the idea is much the same as Roadie, knock her out of DM, team unloads on her and makes her retreat.
>>
>>383251938
well I mean they're basically Cobra

They probably have insurrections all the time
>>
>>383252205
>>383252246
Wow that's pretty similar to when the game released, just not multiple characters. We've come full circle.
>>
>>383252251
You're not getting it anon, the whiner's got used to D.Va being able to just walk into fire with her shot guns going and get kills.

The moment they made you need to use her abilities they said she was worthless.

I'm saying they're idiots.
>>
>>383252362

>Winston x 2 Lucio x 2 Tracer x 2

Why did you make me remember this shit
>>
>>383250352

The dive meta is imbalanced by virtue of it being dependent on the most hypermobile pieces of shit in the entire game. What hope do heroes like Bastion, Torb, Symm, etc. have in a meta infested with Genji, Tracer, and Winston zooming in and fucking your shit up in five milliseconds? How does a hero like Zarya, who's been considered an excellent pick outside of dive meta, function in a world where she gets pushed on and killed without the enemy losing an ounce of steam.

If Blizzard weren't afraid to make defense worthwhile so 90% of defensive comps wasn't just the exact same dive composition, we could have a good game, but I guess Jeff is content with everyone who can't cross the map in two seconds flat rotting in Silver queues.
>>
Personally, I feel like landing Roadhog's chain should pull the target to Roadhog and stun the target for like a half second and Roadhog for like a Quarter second. Teammates should be blowing the target after he gets hooked, while Roadhog gets a shot in. The pull/kill combo would only exist if Roadhog is coordinated with his teammates.
>>
File: 1479440160257.jpg (6KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
1479440160257.jpg
6KB, 325x325px
>It's not okay for Roadhog to be able to 1 shot heroes with a small health pool.
>It's perfectly fine for Doomfist to be able to 1 shot heroes with a small health pool.
>>
>>383251567
Because Tanks shouldn't be a better DPS than actual DPS.
>>
>>383252858

BUT MUH TANK
MUH 6 GORILLION HP

Roadhog was fine and the only people crying were low rank shitters.
He was PUBstomp.
>>
File: 78458988.jpg (96KB, 338x507px) Image search: [Google]
78458988.jpg
96KB, 338x507px
>game that is a cobbled together mess made with leftovers from an MMO
>base game was just "The kids like TF2 right, what else do they like? uh... LoL! Perfect, lets just use these assets and rip off as much shit as we can from those games"
>made by blizzard/activision
>surprised the balance is shit
>surprised the gameplay is casual
>surprised the game tries to jew you
>>
>>383253034
fun only for script users
>>
>>383252858
doomfist needs to charge towards the enemy and roadhog could stand in the backline.

There is a difference but stil characters like doomfist make OW even a bigger casual fest then it already is.
>>
>>383252858
>Fighting Doomfist in a building or near a wall.
That's your own fault Anon.
>>
>>383253045
99% of these autists only play the game for the waifu shit
>>
>>383250352
>I don’t feel like there are any heroes who are way too strong to the point of breaking balance.
>That doesn’t mean that I personally don’t think there are some problems with heroes
>>
>>383252858

Doomfist has a loud ass charge-up noise associated with it so you know it is coming.

Roadhog's hook comes out almost instantly.

Reinhardt can do the same shit but no one complains about him because it's easy to avoid.
>>
>>383251938
Sombra counters everybody.
>>
>Blizzard in charge of balance
>Thinking overwatch can ever be taken seriously as a competitive game
>>
>>383253174
To be fair he can one shot low hp heroes without the charge up if they hit a wall
>>
>>383253116

u wot?
>>
File: IMG_0612.png (152KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0612.png
152KB, 400x400px
>>383252858
Well one is a tank and one is specifically there to do damage
>>
>>383253045
>the "originals developers of Warcraft 3 are stealing """"assets"""" from the League of shitters" meme is real
>>
File: 1464093163646.jpg (20KB, 317x330px) Image search: [Google]
1464093163646.jpg
20KB, 317x330px
>>383253174
>Reinhardt can do the same shit but no one complains about him because it's easy to avoid
Reinhardt's charge is significantly slower than doomfist are you kidding me?
>>
>>383253243
>try to hack
>get 1 hp of damage
>interrupted
The only thing it counters is your winstreak
>>
File: 1498274968502.png (191KB, 686x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498274968502.png
191KB, 686x480px
>>383252362
oh my god you're right
>>
>>383253141
RocketPunch has a fucking huge range
>>
>>383253328
>original devs of Warcraft 3 are for some reason also responsible for a mod for that game
>>
>>383253362
>being in someone's face when you're hacking them
gee whizz I wonder why you lose
>>
>>383253034
Yeah thats why all the top level players are saying the change was wrong, except they aren't and are saying the exact opposite.
>>
>>383253469
>all the top level players are saying the change was wrong, except they aren't and are saying the exact opposite.
All of the top level players also only play Tracer and Genji, so of course they're fucking glad that Roadhog is dead
>>
>>383253443
I dont lose because I dont pick her. What are you on about?
>>
File: Vi 7.jpg (348KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Vi 7.jpg
348KB, 848x1200px
>>383253045
>uh... LoL! Perfect, lets just use these assets and rip off as much shit as we can from those games

It's showing more and more.
It's Doomfist!
>>
>>383250846
You're right that (any kind of software) designers can have problems recognising problems because as the designer they have a preconceived way of how things are "supposed to work" and have trouble thinking outside of that, but that doesn't mean stepping away. It's fucking painful when devs clearly don't even play their own game too.
>>
>>383253421
They developed the core mechanics for "hero uses an ability"
Because that's literally the only thing Overwatch and LoL have in common you insufferable faggot
>>
>>383253689
>Because that's literally the only thing Overwatch and LoL have in common you insufferable faggot
Aside from, you know, the characters they took and slightly tweaked.

Same with how the majority of the original OW roster was just characters from TF2 but slightly tweaked
>>
>kill Rein by making Doomfist
>Blizzard
>balance
>>
File: 1280w.jpg (154KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1280w.jpg
154KB, 1280x960px
>>383253765
>widowmaker is just TF2 sniper with his guns mixed together and a grapple hook

>Hanzo is just TF2 sniper with huntsman

>junkrat is just demoman with only 1 sticky

>Zarya is just Heavy but they realized "Big russian with a minigun" was too obvious so they made it a lazer gun

>Tracer is just scout with his original weapon instead of the scatter gun

>Mei is just pyro with ice instead of fire

>Torb is just Engie without teleporter or dispenser

>Sombra is just a spy without backstabs and disguises

>Pharah is just Soldier with a jetpack instead of rocket jumps

>Mercy is literally just the medic

>all they did was make the cast of TF2 ez mode and dumb them down
>>
>>383253968
good
nobody really wants to play blue rectangle man to get thru a shitty map chokepoint
>>
>>383252736
The thing is, when most of your game is based around timed asymmetric attack/defense, having defense be more powerful than attack makes for an infinitely more boring game than the other way around.
>>
>>383253765
Name 3 characters they STOLE from league that haven't been used a dozen times in every other game anyways.

Oh wait you can't because every other character in LoL is torn straight out of the Chinese mainstream or out of a Warcraft 3 character
>>
>>383254068
Don't forget that they stole all of TF2's unique gamemodes too
>>
so can i talk about how dissapponted i am that doomfist isnt american ITT?

i had no problem with a big black guy who punches things until i found out he was from a part of the world where they still use mud as a construction material. its just needless shilling for africans by (((kaplan)))
>>
>>383254168
Yeah, because Pudge is such a common character archtype
>>
>>383250352
Nobody plays overwatch so it's fine, well outside of chinamen and koreans.
>>
>>383254068
At first I thought this was satire, but then I realized no one here is smart enough for that.
>>
>>383254295
The only people that can't see how OW blatantly just took TF2 and tweaked things around a bit haven't played TF2.
>>
File: kek stocking.jpg (405KB, 1060x988px) Image search: [Google]
kek stocking.jpg
405KB, 1060x988px
>those usage rates
>balanced
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>383254210
>lolfag so delusion he thinks BLIZZARD stole Pudge from them
>>
>>383254142

You have a point, but at the same time why bother pretending heroes like Torb have a place in the game then?
>>
>>383254203
>the literal fucking doomfist was in a container on the Africa map
>posters of Doomfist were in Africa since release
>WHY IS DOOMFIST AFRICAN?
Are you retarded?
>>
>>383253538
so you don't know shit about her, thanks for clarifying to see what kind of person I was talking to.
>>
File: 1357010029021.png (297KB, 479x376px) Image search: [Google]
1357010029021.png
297KB, 479x376px
>>383250352
>overwatch
>>
>>383254524
I how how piss easy it is to shoot her in the face. Dont know why you are so triggered though.
>>
>>383254439
i didnt know that, but still

i want an african american hero that doesnt speak with an ooga booga mutumbo accent and wears blue jeans
>>
>>383250352
How is Dive meta any worse than Tank meta? Did Overwatch ever have a good meta?
>>
ow is a casual game, prove me wrong

you cant
>>
>>383254430
Probably because as much as Blizzard wants to push the "esports" angle they also want characters that casuals who want to sit back and not really do much can play.
>>
>>383255029
Zen/Lucio meta
back when discord was insane
>>
>>383255192
they failed really. people who like to play assfaggots actually keep playing assfaggots. lol and dota2 are still going strong.
>>
>>383254068
>Hanzo is just TF2 sniper with huntsman
yeah, just like how TF2 sniper have map hack arrow, scatter shots, and ryu ga waga teki wo kurau
am i right? bro? EKKSSS DEEEEE
>>
>>383255370
>take huntsman
>add ez mode skills on cooldown
"ITS TOTALLY DIFFERENT GUYS"
>>
>>383255335
You can claim Overwatch failed at a lot of things, but failing to make shitloads of dosh from casuals isn't one of them.
>>
>>383250352

He didn't say he likes the dive meta. He said the perception of a dominant meta doesn't mean the meta is the best or only way to win the game. He said he's pretty okay where the game is at right now in terms of balance, ie it's not unbalanced in the way people say. People get butthurt they're not instant Grand Masters and they're shocked you actually have to practice and work to get better at such a deceptively simple game. They want to blame the meta or the balance of the game. His point is that people need to start being more creative with their use of heroes and concoction of strategies rather than give up and complain because someone on the internet said there's a meta. People give up on trying because a meta isn't fulfilled yet they could win if they'd actually try and support whatever off-meta pick is chosen. So when you get an attack torb, instead of bitching about balance and meta, actually help him keep his turret up and heal him and provide some tactical support so you can win the game.
>>
>>383250352
>guy with ties to video game defends it
at least pay a journalist to do it for you next time, please
>>
Isn't only like a 3rd of the roster viable? How is that considered balanced?
>>
>>383256028
>but it made money
not an argument, shitty Chinese knockoffs of games make money too you know. Fucking Paladins and Smite make money.
>>
>>383256140
No they are viable but since its saltwatch people complain if you play something different than meta
>>
>>383253689
>they developed the core mechanics for "hero uses an ability"
This is the absolute state of our world
Just nuke us already ayys. Please.
>>
>>383256240
I think you have reading comprehension problems.
>>
File: help.jpg (30KB, 589x366px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
30KB, 589x366px
Send help
>>
>>383256407
>game did X
>but X isnt really an accomplishment
>WOW YOU CANT READ
ok
>>
>Yo famalama how should we balance each character?
>I know, let's give almost every hero the exact same walking speed and nearly every map a tiny chokepoint.
>Wouldn't that mean heroes with high mobility abilities be favored especially if anti-mobility abilities means taking heroes without mobility when they themselves aren't designed all that well in the first place?
They'll buy loot crates anyways.
>>
doomfist should be able to punch cars like the l4d2 tank and kill people
>>
>>383256528
So you do have reading comprehension problems.
>>
>>383256140
Its supposed to be generalist and specialist design, but like TF2, most specialists are fucking useless or easily countered by generalists anyway. It really doesn't help that a lot of them have either poorly defined specialties or redundant abilities found on other characters.
>>
>>383256694
>implying the shitty OW engine can handle that
>>
>>383254183
I just wanna throw out there that W:ET invented Payload.
>>
>>383256316
No they aren't viable and the fact you play shit characters is why you are 2.5k.
>>
>>383250776

>Half your team is dead while 5 of the enemy team are dead.
>Their Mercy resurrects all of them
>It's now a 6v3 battle
>You lost because all you had was a shitty Lucio and he's respawning

Wew lad, totally not OP!
>>
All Mercy needs is more damn cooldown on her Guardian Angel ability.

2 seconds pretty much makes her impossible to track down.
>>
>normiewatch

>>>>>/vg/
>>
File: 1498009369887.png (103KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
1498009369887.png
103KB, 500x336px
>blizzard
>balance
>>
>>383251268
"You're" faggot
>>
>>383250352
They've made so many drastic changes in a short span of time that it's hard to say bc the last time I played the game it was completely different
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 512x384px
>>383251668
Right back at you mongoloid
>>
>>383250352

makes sense he'd say this, have you seen this whole shitstorm circulating reinhardt's bugs?

>firmly in the meta due to his barrier and the fact blizzard design their maps around singular choke point for reinhardt to push through with his team
>suddenly they tweak his earthshatter because knocking a pharah that is hovering 2inches above the ground is somehow sacrilege
>now his hammer has a retarded ping delay on its swing to the point you can't even contend with tracers and genjis getting in your face
>charge got bugged somehow in the process too
>they keep applying minute fixes which dont actually address the problem in any respectable degree and he remains completely unreliable
>people somehow think this is a case of spaghetti code and not blizzard purposely leaving rein with a broken kit so that people focus more on dive because the only way to nerf reinhardt is to make his balanced kit buggy
>>
File: 1499443427038.jpg (40KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1499443427038.jpg
40KB, 500x373px
this game is far from perfect. accept it. a game that punishes freedom isn't a fun Game at all
>>
File: bastion_by_otakuap-da29jr7.png (991KB, 1600x1146px) Image search: [Google]
bastion_by_otakuap-da29jr7.png
991KB, 1600x1146px
>>383251572
>dva
>drastic changes

they just gonna completely ignore when they nerfed bastion after 3 whole days of him being meta?
thats fucking drastic because piss babies literally cannot counter and massive stationary target with shit range
>>
>>383258469
>muh range
>>
>>383257413
>Healer is shit because we thought it was a good idea to kill everyone but the ressurection healer
You might have brain problems.
>>
>>383258137
cucks at blizzard mad the superior white straight male is the best hero they have to impair him artificially
>>
>>383250661
>press q to win

And yet you're still a loser.
>>
OP high skillcap heroes like tracer, genji, doomfist are fun and good for the game

I like hog, but his skillcap was too low. They just need to buff his kit power back up, but with moves requiring high skillcap.

For example, invulnerability during huffing along with the ability to cancel hufifng (and longer duration for more options) would give him tanking power, but at additional skll needed.

Also the ability to control hook further and to release it early, so you can pull opponents out of position without committing suicide
>>
>>383259543
summerfags everyone, how do you know he is a loser?
>>
>>383258790

>Mercy remains hidden and lets team die so she can use rez
>Impossible to find unless someone on your team spots her
>The one that actually spotted her doesn't have a mic
>She just casually flies and rez the entire team

On top of that, add the fact that your braindead team doesn't know how to prioritize targets and they never focus the damn Mercy.

In most situations, a Mercy team will always defeat a Lucio team.
>>
if overwatch is so balanced, why can i never be junkrat without my entire team turning on me and getting death threats?
>>
>>383259770
Stay mad son.
>>
>>383258469
>Counter pre nerf Bastion
>Try to shoot him when he's behind a shield
>Completely melts anything in front of him before the shield can even go down
>Ironclad made him such a wall that he could survive a point blank ultimate from D.Va if he was nanoboosted
>Even if you somehow almost killed him he just self healed
>>
>>383259917
its doublethink. OW is PERFECT and BALANCED. Except when you need to win, ALL HEROES ARE EQUAL but ONLY X HEROES CAN BE PLAYED RIGHT NOW.
>>
>>383259725
>high skillcap heroes like tracer, genji
They aren't really "high skill cap" as much as "high mobility characters in a very low mobility game"
>>
>>383259954
you are not old enough to anybody around here son, if fact Im willing to bet you arent even old enough to post here
>>
>>383260198
Mad coz bad.
>>
>>383260093
It's not even about their advantages. Just to pick one ability..

Genji's reflect is a high skill cap skill. Sure any nub can protect himself for a few seconds, but not a lot of people can counter headshot snipers, mcrrees and rockets.

Tracer's ult is one of the harder ones to use well. You need both of her abilities, flanking, and opportunity to even get a single kill with it on her own.
>>
>>383256452
T U M B L I N G D O W N
>>
File: 1469571000089.jpg (54KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1469571000089.jpg
54KB, 612x612px
>Buff winston, reduce his headshot hitbox and buff his shield
>nerf winston
>nerf Roadhog
>"lmao xD look how the meta changes!!!!"

Jeff is fucking retarded
>>
>>383260590
>not just using a script that activates reflect the moment you take damage
its how the pros do it!
>>
So glad I dropped this sack of shit game after Sombra
>>
>>383260590
You could literally apply this logic to every character in the game, the only difference is that these two characters are high mobility and have high DPS, as a result they're hard to hit and hit hard so they're the only two characters the pros use.

That doesn't mean they require high skill, just that they're the hardest characters to counter in the hands of a high skill player because they're objectively better than other characters
>>
File: McCree.png (421KB, 748x691px) Image search: [Google]
McCree.png
421KB, 748x691px
How do I use his ult effectively?
>>
>Hear people complaining about Elo Hell constantly
>Get a silver account and start playing reaper
>Can clear out most chokes alone, target healers and counter popular dive meta characters like Winston
Where is the Elo Hell, I can't find it.
>>
>>383261052
Don't use it to kill people, use it as another insta-reload.
>>
>>383261052
it recently got a huge buff

most tanks shut it down tho
>>
>>383261052
youtube the good spots to stand on
>>
>>383261073
wait for the forced fifty to kick in and for Reaper to get nerfed
>>
File: 1474530375066.jpg (140KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1474530375066.jpg
140KB, 1280x720px
>See this thread
>Hey it's been months since I last played, why don't I update
Three games later, I remember the sweet taste of frustration.
>>
>>383251567
Because they nerfed Mcree Season 1.

Here's all the shit Mcree's nerf caused

1. Roadhog becoming OP so he needed a nerf

2. Pharah dominating anything under 2700 SR

3. The time when Zarya was OP

4. The Time when D.VA was OP

6. Winston's current level of OP

7. The Soldier 76 buff

Hmm, really makes you think
>>
>>383250352
I like him. I don't give a fuck about balance. As long as he's not autistically neutering every character like Riot does for balance in the interest of keeping the game fun, he's okay in my book.
>>
>>383261230
>Wait for things that don't exist and won't happen
Sounds like a long time.
>>
>>383260951

Except you can't really only a handful. Just name another basic skill that has the skillcap of deflect.
>>
>>383250352
>The ability is extremely powerful in a very unfun way for both Mercy and everyone playing against that Mercy. But it’s not doomsday."
the only unfun thing about overwatch is the game itself
>>
>Buy Overwatch
>it's fun
>ranked starts
>becomes shit
Many such cases
>>
Does OW do SFV style balance changes?
>>
>>383261849

It does blizzard balancing
Goes like this:
>thing is broken
>breaks several other things
>nerfs broken thing into unusability
>Now new things are broken and previous thing sucks
>>
File: icefrog.png (107KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
icefrog.png
107KB, 300x300px
is there ANYONE in the balancing game as good as him?
>>
>>383261616
>skill you can easily script and will guarantee your survival
>skillcap
I bet you think those people who use genji just happen to predict shots from widowmaker because of skill
>>
>>383260739
When did they nerf winston?
>>
>>383263308
is it even possible to nerf? he was always shit. No one ever said ''man we could really use a winston right now''
>>
>>383253141
this game is like, at least 30 percent walls my duder
>>
File: IMG_3363.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3363.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>383250352
why not buff all of the weaker heroes so that they can keep up with the shifting metas, instead of constantly trying to tie down the strongest/most balanced?
>>
Kaplan is a megalomaniac.
>>
File: SM.png (219KB, 744x486px) Image search: [Google]
SM.png
219KB, 744x486px
Best part of his post is that he says the top third are elite so all you have to do to be an "elite" Overwatch player is reach mid-plat.
>>
I just want Mercy to be good again. And here comes Daddy Kaplan with the nerf gun.
>>
>>383252876
I agree, but i don't think this was the reason why he got nerfed.
>>
>How many people Mercy can resurrect goes up 1 by 1 on a short timer

There I just discouraged Mercy from hiding in the corner for a massive rez. If she tries it with that she'll only get one person and then die.
>>
>>383268795
This does not apply if you were in the action with your team.
>>
>>383265458
They tried that.
Dva became too strong with 400 armor and had to be nerfed back down.
For a brief period of time Zenyatta could shoot discord orbs through shields on the PTR. They backpedaled that pretty quick.

Didn't reaper get a recent buff as well? Whatever happened with that?
>>
>>383265458
You release that Winston's buff was the catalyst for dive comp right? And he was one of the weaker picks in the game?

Buffing the weaker heroes just makes the weaker heroes the strongest heroes which then need nerfing.
>>
>>383270730
>Didn't reaper get a recent buff as well? Whatever happened with that?

It's fun and he's getting better at his intended niche but it's still a long way to go.
>>
So how likely is an undo on Hognerf?
>>
>>383270730
Before Reaper's buff some Winston mains would brag about being able to outplay him.
Now the monkeys are quiet.
>>
>>383250352
He's right. Dive meta is better than any of the shit we had before.

>McCree x2, Lucio, Mercy (constant fucking rez), Rein, Zarya meta with Winston x2, Tracer x2, and Lucio x2 control maps
Trash.
>Mega Genji with 8 second Dragonblade and a Zen orb up his ass meta
Kill me.
>Nanoboost with 2x speed meta aka Beyblade
If only tanks weren't getting shredded by Reaper and Genji
>Triple tank meta
I take it back please make it go away
>SIX FUCKING MONTHS OF TANK META HOLY FUCK
Now we have dive. The peak of competitive play is still centralized, but Master-Grandmaster players have more room to experiment and have fun with only characters like Mei and Junkrat being completely left out to dry.
>>
>>383260198
Holy fucking shit son how triggered are you
>>
>>383259852
That doesn't sound OP, that sounds like Mercy fulfilling her role.
>>
I tried to give Overwatch an honest chance I really did but shooting in the game feels like my bullets are made of rubber balls and damage isn't clearly apparent to the player. I fucking hated every second of it, this game has shit for feedback.
>>
>>383253141
He travels 20 fucking meters and the knockback is another fucking 15.
>>
>>383272114
That's actually a really short range anon, have you played Overwatch?

Also, nerf Hog's hook range.
>>
>>383271269

total recall back as it should be? not likely

its as simple as that, but the addition of the faster fire rate and all that superfluous bullshit mean they'll swear blindly to making even more of a mess in the process to buff him
>>
File: 1491681810290.jpg (372KB, 1500x1111px) Image search: [Google]
1491681810290.jpg
372KB, 1500x1111px
>no Hanzo buff

why the fuck cant he even double jump? the fuck blizzard, his brother can
>>
>>383272651
One of the recent videos made it obvious there will never be another hero that can double jump. The lead hero designer said he thought it would just be cool for Genji to have but its inclusion has made him a nightmare to balance.
>>
>>383272651

he trades double jump for being given a pity kill every few seconds because you can't otherwise.
>>
>>383272961

then take his double jump away. Genjis already better than his bro sadly
>>
>>383272651

Fucking deleted is what he needs to be.

>hurr hurr hurr fucking durr I missed 9 arrows in a row but now that scattershot is off cooldown I can get a kill xD

He's not even cool, his lore makes him out to be a massive faggot.
>>
>>383272601
Yeah, I thought so. Was hoping for a total recall; I liked the slow juggernaut that was almost entirely reliant on his special ability.
I wonder if they'll increase his clipsize, increase his firerate, nerf his damage a bit more and call it a day? Also probably make his chain more fragile.
>Same overall DPS

If I sound salty, I'm only partially so in light of the suspicuous timing of the antiflanker nerf with the release of a new flanker. Blizzard can't balance, they stand by their decisions singing "la la la we're right, you're wrong" and they always try one big change and then leave the problem for ages and worse than it was before
>>
>>383272961
>>383273141
I don't see the double jump as something bad, but the fact that he likes to curl up and flip while doing it makes shooting him a pain in the dick when his figure is compressed like that
>>
>>383272302
Yes i have that is literally the same range on roadhog hook nigger
>>
>>383252876
He's not a tank though.
>>
>>383273263

stop playing with bad hanzos
thats why he has a bad rap
>>
>>383252858

>DPS who has to dive in as a melee frontliner is the same as a fatass tank who one shots from the backline and used to literally be able to just spam his oneshot fishing for hit confirms
>>
File: 1496992108987.jpg (141KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1496992108987.jpg
141KB, 500x500px
Overwatch is shit and designed from the ground up to be unfun and to never reward skill and hard work, play a game without forced 50% and maps that arent just chokepoints
>>
Getting a bit tired of people calling him a villain. He is not a villain. He's an anti-hero like Batman, Itachi Uchiha, and Severus Snape to name a few.

Doomfist is a martyr, he's sacrificing his own personal image/reputation for the ultimate good of the world. He believes humanity has become complacent with its standing. He seeks to change this by bringing chaos to humanity.

Economic booms, technological booms, baby booms, etc. typically happen after major wars and effectively bolster the advancement of humanity many times over. This enables humanity to "skip" a possible wasted 200 years of unsubstantial advancement.

Doomfist seems to be highly intelligent and eloquent through his interactions. He presents a very sound rationale for his actions. Me and him follow the same philosophy as we are true intellectuals
>>
>>383273773

best pasta
>>
>>383254326
>Tweaked things a bit
>Not just that TF2 used basic ass trope-y characters and Overwatch used the same tropes but gave them double the abilities
>Doesn't mention the other characters in the game that are entirely unique (Genji, Reinhardt, Zenyatta, Lucio, really like half the cast)
(You), I guess
>>
>>383250352
Blizzard should just follow icefrog's philosophy and go madman by making every hero OP so nobody complains their character is shit
>>
File: 1478931868893.png (449KB, 484x619px) Image search: [Google]
1478931868893.png
449KB, 484x619px
>>383273632
His passive literally give him shield for every time he does dmg he can last just as long as hog man if not longer because he has crazy mobility and is a smaller target
>>
>>383273773
So he's fucking Vindel Mauser from SRW A? Like not even just slightly, it seems like they just went to his wiki page and straight up copied it.
>>
>>383273263
>is mopey about having to kill his own brother and even mourns for him
>brother is actually alive, forgives him and even asks him to join him
>"FUCK YOU GO AWAY YOU ARE NOT MY BROTHER"
What a fucking faggot emo.
>>
>>383274056
I see you haven't had time to play him on the PTR yet, the shield helps a bit but he gets shit on by any sort of burst damage or focus. Don't fall for the "HE'S TOO MOBILE" meme, it was only broken for getting out of base, not killing.
>>
>>383273773

>black bane

i'd still rather have had loudmouthed not-so-evil punching man. better yet come to a compromise and have black bane with an AI gauntlet voiced by based terry
>>
File: 1478572182658.png (151KB, 311x247px) Image search: [Google]
1478572182658.png
151KB, 311x247px
>>383274254
I have played PTR and while I admit Doomfist isn't broken Don't say it's not bullshit for him to have a relavtive safe one shot with escape options compared to hog who had to go all in for the hook. Fist and Hook have the same range infact Fist had more range then hook until the latest fix last night. It use travel 30 meters now it only travels 20.
>>
File: [Worried laughter].jpg (69KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
[Worried laughter].jpg
69KB, 520x678px
>played Hog since I mained Heavy in TF2
>tankiness was great, could hold down points and get tons of kills on his own
>gets nerfed because people can't bait out the hook or counter Hog naturally
>lower his damage instead of making the hook have a charge up or some specific action
>destroys his character since you can still get kills but at a much worse rate than before
>now the devs are revolving around a meta focused on mobility with 2 fast offense heroes, 2 high health heroes that can get in and out fast, and 2 healers
>reminiscent of TF2's awful 6v6 setup
IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN
>>
>>383273632
>Oh no, my instantly recharging 150health shields are beginning to run out!
>Good thing I can leap 30 feet at odd angles every 5seconds, or simply leap 20ft every 4seconds to get away to safety.
>>
>>383274453
I'm not a fan of non-ultimate one-shots in general so I generally agree that it's lame that he has access to it against <=200 hp characters. However, they would have to shift more power onto his gun to compensate, and it seems that by design they didn't want him to be shooting effectively basically whatsoever...otherwise he becomes Super Reaper
>>
>>383250352

Sounds like he's pushing back against the dominant meta shit that plagues pretty much all of Blizzard games, too bad it's a shit mentality that Blizzard has been cultivating and promoting for decades now.
>>
>>383274773
>Have to use every escape ability to get max shields
>Implying you'll have shields and escape options simultaneously
>>
>>383274920
It wouldn't be that bad but it has such bullshit interactions, Literally beats out everything in the game even another doomfist and goes threw barriers. Not even Junkrat trap stops him he just breaks the trap.
>>
>>383274153
Are you dumb?
The Genji now is literally a cyborg and completely different from the Genji he knew. It also doesn't help that the world they live currently has tension between omnics.
>>
>>383274992
You forgot to mention
>Complete sitting duck without all of his abilities
>The fastest one to come back is the Charge which has him become a slow moving stationary target if he wants to get far enough away
>>
>>383250352

I've been playing multiplayer games on the PC since the 90s. I have never played a game with a community as unbelievably toxic as Rated Overwatch. Not even LoL is this bad, and that is pretty fucking cancerous. Niggers playing this game take it more serious than a job. What the fuck happened to playing game for fun. 99% of the people playing ranked aren't even streamers or "sponsored." Everyone seems to have a giant jagged stick up their ass.
>>
>>383274992
His abilties are 5 second cd or shorter. He goes just as far as swift strike with more dmg a knock back while having a twice as short cd.
>>
>>383272651
He has weak ankles
>>
>>383275028
No the trap stops the rocket fist in its tracks. Though it automatically breaking it instead of having him be stuck when literally every other ability like it causes you to get stuck is stupid.
>>
>>383253968
Dive already fucked his shit, Doomfist's just another mobile dps to replace Tracer or Genji.

Funny the double standard in the reception between triple tank and dive, one was absolute cancer that needed to die, the other is something the head designer says is fine.
>>
File: 91df1f660211028cb2283d7f3ddf07e3.jpg (368KB, 1919x1199px) Image search: [Google]
91df1f660211028cb2283d7f3ddf07e3.jpg
368KB, 1919x1199px
People still play Overwatch?
>>
>>383275289
If you want to get far enough away you have to become a sitting duck that's not even facing the enemies while you charge up the rocket fist. And if you're using it to get away then you're pretty much dead unless you can suddenly get a kill instead.
>>
>>383250352
>game's lead designer spouts random PR bullshit
>the drones lap it up at face value and think the bullshit they're experiencing is "because the devs are just that dumb" and not carefully orchestrated fotm merry-go-round
the quintessential blizzard experience, 7 years running
>>
>>383275598
Rocket fist right at no charge still dashes 5-8 meteres on top of being aboout to shoryuken up into the air then dive away, Something has to give with him either be his dmg on rocket fist or his mobility because as of right now he is on par with Genji.
>>
>>383275598
Or wait one second longer, uppercut for shields and then Seismic Toss your way down the map.
>>
>>383275535
>People still play X meme
Why do you do this? You're not stupid enough to think nobody plays it anymore so why bother posting this shit in threads? Is it so you can get those (You)s you love so much? Well congrats, you got one.
>>
>>383261991
>blizzard balancing
>"if everything is broken, nothing is"

>>383275535
No one I know does. They got bored pretty quick.
>>
>>383254068
It's hilarious how easy it is to tell the difference between people who've actually played Overwatch and memelords

Epic post friend! Upvote xD!
>>
>>383273773
jihadfist
>>
>>383275739
>He is on par with a balanced character that already exists
Bah gawd
>>
File: Ana.jpg (482KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Ana.jpg
482KB, 1200x1200px
>>383277328
Expect he does literally three times as much damage as genji that is why something has to give you retarded shitposting nigger. You can't have the best burst damage in the game with that mobility that is exactly why Genji was nerfed to being with all the way back in August.
>>
>>383277461
>He's been out for a few days
Nothing you say matters until people get used to him being out. He has to be close to do damage, and his only really good damage is his right-click, if he lands it. Sombra destroys him, by the way.
>>
>>383255642
>take huntsman sniper
>add more bullshit kills
Blizzard is brilliant! Valve would never think of anything like that!
>>
>>383277938
>Sombra destroys him
She also deletes tracer IF she can get a hack off but tracer is still god tier too yes it;s been a few days but you can easily see his fucking rocket punch is over tuned when it certain for Orisas who don't have Fort rdy, they can't even hide behind barriers for it. With his mobility it would be easy to dive over a barrier. All I want is a fucking sure fire way to block the fist is that too much to ask for?
>>
>>383256240
>ow fans totally aren't salty about hi-rez
>>
>>383278187
>>383277938
Certain death
>>
>>383278187
>She "deletes" Tracer
She "deletes" Tracer after Tracer does one-clips worth of shots on her, and if she doesn't have recall or blinks. She has to get the surprise on Tracer. It's in Sombra's favor but that's not domination like Sombra vs Doomfistycuffs. Huge Target. Relies heavily on cooldowns. At Sombra's 15 meter range he can't hit her with anything.

>Tracer
>God
This meta enables Tracer. She's the most balanced character in the game, arguably.
>>
>>383278546
Yes tracer is the most balanced hero in the game but that doesn't stop her from Fluxation between being a total trash pick or a god as in this meta. and the same thing can be said for sombra vs doomfist she only deletes him if she gets the hack off he can easily stop it though all it takes is a single poke of dmg. I don't want a damage nerf he can even keep the mobility but him being able to one shot people through barries not even something bosshog could do needs to be gone.
>inb4 he's in the enemy team
Not really unlike reinhardt he stops when he hits the person the person gets sent flying so you aren't out of place that much
>>
File: OW TF2.png (1MB, 1855x833px) Image search: [Google]
OW TF2.png
1MB, 1855x833px
>>383276773
>It's hilarious how easy it is to tell the difference between people who've actually played Overwatch and memelords
>Epic post friend! Upvote xD!

I pre-ordered Overwatch and played it for quite a while after launch, but the shitty timed events and comp cancer really ruined the fun and I got bored of it after a while. I still fire it up once in a blue moon to play with friends, but it really got boring fast, and you'd have to be either an idiot or lying to say that Blizzard didn't blatantly rip off TF2 while designing the game
>>
>>383279703
You mean how Valve broke into Blizzard's servers and stole an early alpha of Titan, which they turned into TF2, right?
Thread posts: 236
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.