[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

normies will eat it up and you know it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

File: MetalGearSurvive.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MetalGearSurvive.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
normies will eat it up and you know it
>>
its as if all the twitch streamers and their normie cults are waiting outside the school gate ready to snatch our baby and take em away forever
>>
No they won't they'll get the superior PS4 exclusive zombie game that doesn't re-use assets from MGS5
>>
Normies will boycott because muh Kojima.
>>
>fans : MGSV has the best gameplay in the series!!!!!
>konami : ok, here is a coop game with more of the gameplay you loved. it has also new things in it, and it won't be full price. it also has the zombies/crystals kojima introduced into V, except we're going to dig further in that part of the plot.
>fans : REEEEEEEEE MGS IS DEAD!!!!
>>
>I must irrationally hate a game that didnt come out yet
Imagine being so much of a kojidrone.
Enjoying your Death Vaporwaring so far?
>>
>>383245096

The fuck? Wasnt Metal Gear about a special ops guy stopping military dudes with a robot. What the fuck did I miss?!
>>
>>383248631
This
>>
File: Shrewd elezen man.png (453KB, 472x483px) Image search: [Google]
Shrewd elezen man.png
453KB, 472x483px
>>383245096
MG:Survive exists because their pachinko ventures didn't do as well as expected, and MGSV did a lot better than they expected. Konami is sitting on a bajillion MGSV assets and a very expensive Fox Engine that took a lot of resources to create. Asset creation and engine creation are two of the most expensive and time-consuming things in modern games, and that trailer featured barely any new assets at all.

The MG: Survive trailer came out approximately 3 months after their quarterly report which stated that basically their pachinko venture didn't do so hot (check it out here: https://www.konami.com/ir/en/ir-data/statements.html). I can't reemember the exact figure, but back in 2015, their annual report said their pachinko market was growing by 126%, whilst video games were growing by 0.5% ish. Then in their 2016 report, pachinko shrank by 17.6%, and video games grew by 5 or 6% (helped on by MGSV doing way better than expected, and actually turning a profit)

I'm almost certain that MG: Survive is an old prototype for a gamemode for MGSV re-tooled into something commercially viable to try and make the most out of these market conditions.

The negative reaction to it is probably why they've been silent about it. Konami are incredibly risk-adverse, especially given their recent failures in Pachinko (which was supposed to be a surefire thing), and they're not immune to the negative press about Kojima.

It's either getting retooled or it's going to be quietly shelved.
>>
>>383248950
Kojima is gone and Konami is milking the brand name.
>>
>>383245096
Look like shit but let's wait for release before we judge

>>383248793
Will Survive even have stealth?
>>
>>383245096
Anyone....ANYONE who purchases/plays this game is a fag.
>>
>>383245096

No one will eat it up.
Only hardcore mgs fans buy MGS game. MGSV sold a lot due to the hype. I know a lot of people whom their first MGS game was MGSV.

Considering the shit Konami receive, and how underwhelming MGSV was, even for harcore fans, I doubt anyone will even glance at Survive.
>>
File: mgs chico.jpg (1007KB, 2689x4781px) Image search: [Google]
mgs chico.jpg
1007KB, 2689x4781px
>>383249584
I don't give a fuck what some anonymous bitch on the internet thinks of me. I have played every single Metal Gear game since NES and I'm not about to stop now. Looks like a fun little game to play with friends. It's not gonna be canon anyway.
>>
>>383248793
>>fans : Konami raped MGSVs story and content
>>konami : fuck, it's not like we can make a Metal Gear game without Kojima, let's just release the last one again with the same assets for a quick buck.
>>fans : wow, I'm not fucking buying that
>>
>>383249282
Imagine a world where Konami went bankrupt, and all of their IPs were picked up by Sega, Namco and Square Enix...
>>
What is even the plot of this game? Zombies just showed up and also all the characters that you actually like about MGS are on holiday so they're not here right now? Who are the characters in this?
>>
>>383249584

I want to like this game. Ignoring dramas aside, I only care about good vidya.
And even tho zombies are a shit idea to have in a MGS game, having the MGSV gameplay expanded, a bigger emphasis on exploration an avoiding big hordes of enemies through sneaking (and mgsv sneaking mechanics are perfect) are the recipient to a potential pretty good game.

But there is a problem. Fucking co op. I don't want co op, I don't want my gameplay crippled with co op mechanics. I want to play the game with my own pacing, taking thigs slowly and be only me.

And yes, they claim the game will have single player too, but you know the game is built around co op. I bet there are going to be a lot of features only available for co op.
>>
Good. I hope it's more successful than MGSV.
>>
>>383249987
>Implying SEGA or Namco would do anything with it or SE wouldn't just make more gatcha games
>>
>Konami decided to make this piece of shit instead of Snake and Otacon's World Adventures

Human life was a mistake.
>>
>>383249751
I hope Chico showed up in survive story mode.
>>
>>383250090
>Who are the characters in this?
Soldiers who get transported by wormhole to another timeline infested by zombies.
>>
>>383250585
same. he could have been used more effectively in the story. Adult merc Chico would have been badass.
>>
>>383250730
Could have even slipped some more fanservice in there.

> Who are you?
> I'm like you... I have no name.
>>
It's probably worth saying the E3 demo was the same gameplay build shown a year ago. Not good.
>>
>>383249751
>that pic
>we will never get a mission where Venom goes back to Camp Omega in 1984 to investigate the quarantined slaughter zone in the base by something codenamed 'El Basilisco'
>>
>>383245096
Normies ate up MGSV
>>
>>383245096
For normies to eat up something they need to know that something exists.

>>383248631
Normies don't know who Kojima is.
>>
>>383248793
>>fans :
Sure, if by fans you mean the Ubisoft open world audience.
Only people who could have liked that empty open world with no level design piece of shit.
>>
>>383250879
And so did mgs4
>>
>>383250879
You know why?
Because of the trailers.
Meanwhile MG Survive was at E3, and fucking nobody knew.
People literally don't know this game exists, and the only ones who do already hate it.
>>
>>383248793
>THIS EMPTY OPEN WORLD WITH GARBAGE LEVEL DESIGN, CASUALIZED AS FUCK, THE WORST "BOSS FIGHTS" OF THE FRANCHISE IS THE BEST GAMEPLAY OF THE FRANCHISE
Said no one ever.
>>
>>383251243
but they did
do you know what gameplay is?
>>
>>383248793
The stealth was incredible, but the problem was the giant parts of the game with NOTHING

> 30 second cutscene every time you enter the battlefield
> Nothing to do on Mother Base
> Nothing to do between bases in the open world

The best parts of the game were Camp Omega, OKB Zero, and that one base where you fight Sahelanthropus the first time. All of them were areas that had a lot of care and design put into them.

If they just made a non-linear (but not open world) smaller game, with way more bespoke environments, it would have been incredible.
>>
>>383251465
>The stealth was incredible
Fuck no it wasn't.
>wear sneaking suit
>guards don't see you crouched until you are like 20 feet from them

MGSV is a game that fails at everything it tries to do.
>>
>>383251685
you gotta take the chicken hat off scrub
>>
>>383250585
>>383250730
>>383250768
They never recovered his body, did they?
>>
>Following the evacuation of Big Boss and Kazuhira Miller from the besieged Mother Base, a wormhole opens in the sky and absorbs the offshore plant as well the remaining Militaires Sans Frontières soldiers. The soldiers are transported to an alternate reality along with the remains of Mother Base, to find the world full of hostile, crystalline zombie-like entities known as "creatures".[1] Their goal is to find materials and do anything they can to go back to their own world.

What in the fuck.

I somehow didn't hear about this and would like to forget I ever did.
>>
>>383253409
>entities known as "creatures"

The fucking lowest of efforts.
>>
>>383253554
inb4 shitty localization from jp
>>
>>383251685
That's not what the sneaking suit does, you trade visibility for noise reduction
>>
>>383250934
He was literally a guest of honor at the VGAs, a vidya event so big it was on Spike fucking TV. Even if they've never played MGS, normies know he's important.
>>
>>383253773
And you think normies know what the VGAs are?
>>
>>383249282
thanks anon will read up on their report
>>
>>383253836
Yes, of course they do. Maybe not soccer moms and shit, but your average FIFA/Madden/CoD/Zelda player absolutely does.
>>
File: 1499287418835.png (141KB, 211x227px) Image search: [Google]
1499287418835.png
141KB, 211x227px
>>383245096
>you still can't use mgo's costumes in sp except if you're willing to play as ugly ass Quiet
>>
>>383251243
MGS5 wasn't a glorified movie so yeah it had the best gameplay
>>
>>383253959
>FIFA/Madden/CoD/Zelda player absolutely does.
Hmm no. All those players except maybe Zelda fans just eat up whatever is marketed to them. That's the "We'll buy the same Yearly Assassin's Creed game every time because it was a new window dressing" audience.

Level 1: Normies
Level 2: Game Forum dweller and redditors
Level 3: /v/irgins
Level 4: Hardcore
Level 5: Cleve Blackmore Neanderthal's

2-5 knows Kojima and that's less than 10% of the market. If Konami plays their cards right Survive could do well.
>>
>>383254758
>Level 5: Cleve Blackmore Neanderthal's
>implying level five would ever need to buy anything but the ultimate videogame experience
>>
File: YOU AND I ARE ENEMIES NOW.jpg (49KB, 544x346px) Image search: [Google]
YOU AND I ARE ENEMIES NOW.jpg
49KB, 544x346px
If the hardcore fans hate it then the normies will too, case in point ME:A.
>>
File: 2017.png (34KB, 749x279px) Image search: [Google]
2017.png
34KB, 749x279px
>>383249282
here is 2017 number, "digital entertainment" include mobile and traditional games - "gaming and system" = pachinko

>In terms of financial performance, total revenue for the fiscal year ended March 31,
2017 in this segment amounted to ¥31,251 million (a year-on-year decrease of
8.8%) and segment profit for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2017 amounted to
¥4,849 million (a year-on-year decrease of 13.0%).

>For the fiscal year ended March 31, 2017, sales from this business decreased and
segment profit from this business increased compared with those for the fiscal
year ended March 31, 2016. This is because the mobile games enjoyed strong
performance and it contributed to higher composition ratio of the mobile games.

pachinko is in decline but gaming profit went up but mostly thanks to mobile games in Jap
>>
>>383245096
I would buy it.
>>
>>383253773
>so big it was on Spike fucking TV
lmao
>>
I'm pretty excited for this.
>>
>REEEEEEEEE MUH STOREYYY

shut up assholes, this game looks like a good idea
>>
>>383255187
No it doesn't. Not because of the travesty it stains the MGS universe with, but because it's yet another boring, generic zombie game made as a cash grab with no soul or thought put into it at all.
>>
>>383248793
You have a fundamental misunderstanding of what people find fun about the gameplay in MGSV and the franchise as a whole if you or anyone else thinks adding co-op and zombies to it is a benefit.

>except we're going to dig further in that part of the plot.
And that's a good thing? The person in charge of the plot is gone. Everything after MGSV is fanfiction and therefore shit.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
Why didn't they just make a fucking expansion for MGSV?

If it was just an expansion with a snow map, new gear, new missions and new enemies I probably would've bought it. I don't give a shit about some standalone zombie shit.
>>
>>383253409
>Absorbs MSF Motherbase
>Spits out Diamond Dogs Motherbase
What did Konami mean by this?
>>
>>383253409
This sounds like the most insane self wanking fanfiction ever.
I like it
>>
>>383255616
It means "Models cost fucking money." It worked for Hollywood... kinda.

https://youtu.be/hymwGXy54nE
>>
File: 1493254283761.jpg (28KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
1493254283761.jpg
28KB, 500x355px
>>383253409
>TFW people complained about Kojima's writing for years but as soon as they release a game without him this is the shit we get stuck with
>>
>>383245096

Yeah sure dood. Normies LOVE tower defense third-person shooters with poorly implemented stealth mechanics.
>>
>>383245096
I'm gonna eat it up.
>>
>>383254961
ME:A had awful animations that made it easy to showcase how shit it was in a short gif. Had the game instead had good animations/online but shit tier writing, dialouge, exploration it would've sold fine because normies give no shits about single player (even in a fucking traditionally single player rpg-like game)
>>
I'm expecting it to be shit but I just might buy it if they really sell it for less than full price.
>>
>>383253409
isn't this basically iseka?
>>
File: mgsv_7.jpg (210KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
mgsv_7.jpg
210KB, 1600x900px
>>383254081
>still can't use glorious old MSF uniform
>still can't use XOF heavy ball busting operator uniform
Kill me now, Doctor Clark.

I should really look into the modding.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.