[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find a flaw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 19

File: SuperMetroid .jpg (470KB, 1600x1170px) Image search: [Google]
SuperMetroid .jpg
470KB, 1600x1170px
Find a flaw
>>
>that tube
>>
>>383237290
Needs a DualShock controller.
>>
nintendo
>>
>>383237290
It is a worse metroid fusion
there was no sequel on N64
Its expensive
Female protagonist
Confusing layout
Literal feces final boss
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
>>383237290
>>
The super bomb tube.
>>
Hidden entrance to phantoon boss in wrecked ship
>>
File: 1499175233708.jpg (181KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1499175233708.jpg
181KB, 480x360px
>>383237341
>>383237425
>>383237427
>brainlets
>>
>>383237425
Watch the US commercial
>>
>>383237414
All of these arguments looks like you're pulling them out of your ass.
>>
>>383237639
Not everyone had that luxury back in the day.
>>
>>383237780
you know what else looks like it was pulled out of someones ass?

Super Metroid
>>
- The grapple hook is not fun and has like three uses.
- Plenty of ~secrets~ demand you just bomb every fucking wall.
- Tube puzzle features inconsistent game logic. Super missiles don't even scratch the glass. This simple lack of feedback gives the impression it's simply not breakable and like most things is just an indestructible piece of level you have to get around. Yes we're all impressed you were able to complete the puzzle on your own, as I did, it's still a bad puzzle when thought about objectively. No, not every player is going to idle at the start screen. Even if they did, why the hell should a game spoil a puzzle?
- Camera's a tad too zoomed in, makes platforming a little claustrophobic and tame.
- Unskippable intro.
- That room where you have to watch the statue slowly walk around.
- "The last Metroid is in captivity" narration is really effeminate.
- Sorta weird and sluggish controls; having to cycle through every item sucks
>>
it was good but wasnt as isolated as metroid 1 felt
>>
>>383237341
>>383237414
>>383238017
>primefags
>>
>>383237923
>>
>>383237425
You don't even need to destroy the tube to advance.
>>
>>383237923
haha lol xD
have a upvote for that hilarious meme my friend :)
>>
>>383237290

Too cryptic
Boring enemies
Combat potential is wasted
>>
Memes aside, the only flaw is no hard mode. Game it's fucking easy. Never died once.
>>
>>383238017
>actual valid points and not just the typical its shit because its shit posts

i literally agree with all of this and dont know how to counter respond to it. I've never been a fan of the fact that if you ever get stuck in the story and need to progressing or if you want more missles/tanks you literally have to bomb everything in hopes you find it. thats not good game design
>>
>>383238150
thanks my hitler youth

Check out my youtube channel xxminecraftearthchildsephiroth666xx too, i am in the middle of a 69 year minecraft letsplay
>>
>>383238017
Only the last point is legit.
>>
>>383237290
There is none
>>
>>383237290
the quicksand

that's about it
>>
>>383237290
People could complain about anything and claim a game is flawed or overrated
>Frozen objects aren't pulled down by gravity, worst game ever.
>>
Controls are absolute fucking trash. Run button is outdated as fuck and makes it impossible to run while holding a charge beam.

Rest of the game is perfect. SM with ZM controls would be the fucking GOAT
>>
>super metroid is confusing and criptic
Never had a problem when I was 8. Are kids these days getting more and more retarded?
>>
I don't support feminist agendas
>>
>>383237290

it's on the SNES and came out near the end of its life cycle

>>383238336
ok maybe
>>
>>383238017
>No, not every player is going to idle at the start screen. Even if they did, why the hell should a game spoil a puzzle?
Despite what everyone wants to claim, that portion is NOT shown in starting demos
>>
>>383238385
One more thing to add to the list >>383238017
- There's never a reason to not charge the charge beam so you just have to annoyingly straddle the button if you don't want to be at a disadvantage. The charge should either be automated OR it should have some kind of risk to holding it, like Samus moves slower.

I still think Super is the best 2D Metroid btw
>>
>>383238213
But hey, they have the scanning visor. Which you have to painfully activate, turning the game into a total chore.
>>
>>383237290
y cant metroid crawl
>>
File: 50 times bitch.jpg (32KB, 497x351px) Image search: [Google]
50 times bitch.jpg
32KB, 497x351px
>>383238017
>Sorta weird and sluggish controls; having to cycle through every item sucks
I see this so often nowadays and the only backing people can come up with for it is that Fusion and ZM added the ability to grab onto ledges and Samus didn't jump as high in those games, and both abilities can be attributed to smaller screen estate. Yet, now Super is somehow too floaty and awkward. And how is managing a limited weapon inventory difficult when it's done with *one* button? There's even another separate button to return you to the default cannon for added convenience. Playing Fusion wasn't a case of 'oh, diagonal aiming is on one button and missiles on the other? Finally this series is PLAYABLE' but of 'oh, I guess that's convenient for a control layout with less buttons on it'. And yet as the years go by I see more and more people claiming Super is somehow oudated or straight up unplayable.

tl;dr just know I fucking hate all of you
>>
>>383238017
>The grapple hook is not fun and has like three uses.
>Sorta weird and sluggish controls; having to cycle through every item sucks
Fair points

>Plenty of ~secrets~ demand you just bomb every fucking wall.
>what is X-ray scope
>Tube puzzle features inconsistent game logic
>>383237465
>Even if they did, why the hell should a game spoil a puzzle?
Never happens. Stop lying.
>Camera's a tad too zoomed in, makes platforming a little claustrophobic and tame.
Only a real problem when you are playing a Mario style platformer where you die with 1-2 hits or by falling
>Unskippable intro.
Only annoying in games with non-changeable initial setting like Dragon Dogma. There's no reason here to restart the game.
>That room where you have to watch the statue slowly walk around.
>The last Metroid is in captivity" narration is really effeminate.
That's what you call grasping at straws
>>
>>383239657
The floatiness is just a hair out of tune, just a smidgen too slow.
Nobody called the inventory difficult. It's just clumsy.
Nobody said anything about the controls making the game unplayable.

Please understand that these are nitpicks and there is no claim that they are damning evidence that the game is bad. Please read >>383239005. You're getting mad and upset over nothing.
>>
>>383240067
I know not everything I mentioned was said in this thread specifically. But these people exist and they do make me quite fucking mad. There are some legit concerns with Super, like the grapple being underused and then dumpstered for space jump.
>>
>>383240056
X-ray scope: See >>383239525
Tube puzzle: You should supply an actual counter-argument, thanks.
Demo: I was thinking of the US ad, which is beyond the devs' controls, so whatever.
Intro: There IS a reason to replay Super Metroid. The fact you can't see that makes me think you have no clue about the game. Did you know that based on how fast you complete the game, you're rewarded? Yes it's true. So you're encouraged to replay it. It would've been nice to just skip the scripted intro is all.
The rest: Nit picks. The post never said the game was bad because of these reasons. Please see >>383239005

>>383240308
I really really dislike the space jump as well. It feels like a cheap powerup. Suddenly you don't have to be creative with wall jumps and shine sparks. The moment you get it, the platforming aspect of the game vanishes into thin air.
>>
>>383240380
>>>383239525
That's more of a bitchy counter argument than anything really. Also
>Not power bombing all the time
And
>100% completion
>It should all be easy and not require any tedious exploration.

>Intro
Nit picking/opinion

>Tube
Why are you acting like Super Missiles are the strongest weapon in the game?
>>
>>383240380
>But hey, they have the scanning visor. Which you have to painfully activate, turning the game into a total chore.
You don't have the patience to calmly explore on an exploration game? Then I’m afraid it’s not your genre. And once you beat the game, you already know the secrets.
>You should supply an actual counter-argument, thanks.
Meme arguments only deserve meme counter-arguments.
>There IS a reason to replay Super Metroid. The fact you can't see that makes me think you have no clue about the game. Did you know that based on how fast you complete the game, you're rewarded? Yes it's true. So you're encouraged to replay it. It would've been nice to just skip the scripted intro is all.
Completing the game takes almost 1 hour. Are you telling me that you find it annoying because you want to replay the game 5 times on a day? You are asking too much. I said Dragon Dogma because that’s a game where you may want to restart even on your first play through. And you can always load if you fuck it up.
>inb4 it takes 3 seconds
>>
>>383238441
>feminist agendas
samus is a quiet 6 foot tall blonde woman not an obese black tranny
i dont see the feminist agenda
>>
>>383237290
The game can be a little cryptic sometimes. It's preferable to the handholding of Fusion, Zero Mission, and Other M but I would think there is some kind of middle ground they could achieve. Actually, I know there's a middle ground because several of the Castlevanias achieved it. I don't want to be shown where to go but the game should be giving you subtle hints to point you in the right direction. For the most part Super is good about this but as I said above there are a few parts where it just leaves you without any guidance whatsoever.
Besides that, the bosses in Super are mostly mediocre. Some of them look cool but they're either too easy or just plain boring to fight. Fusion did bosses much better.
Outside of those two issues the game is pretty much perfect though.
>>
>>383241383
Just because you disagree with something doesn't mean you can just blindly ignore valid points people bring up that contradict your stance. Think of your least favorite political ideology. You're behaving just like those idiots! Wow! Look at you, you hypocrite. Here are some more points you can bury your head in the sand over and shout, "You're so stupid for not figuring it out, even if you did figure it out on your first playthrough."

The game conditions players on rules for breaking the environment. Obviously things do not realistically break, otherwise you could dig through things by shooting at them forever. If something is going to break, it's a tile with a certain design on it. Gray cracks are destroyed by anything, pebbles break if you stand on them, red studs are destroyed by bombs, etc. The power bombs also follow this logic. If something can only be destroyed by the power bombs, the tile will have a tacky, ugly little power bomb icon on it. The player accepts this reality. They follow the logic and the game works fine. It's an SNES game. They can understand that they can't dig through everything by shooting repeatedly. When a bomb goes off, it doesn't cause the water to blow away or for loose plants to flap about in the explosion. And here comes the tube. It is a unique setpiece. It has thin glass, thinner than every single tile type that you are allowed to destroy. If you jump up and bomb it, it doesn't reveal its true tile as per the standard rule of the game. You're supposed to go against the method of thinking the game sets up the whole game and use Actual Logic to think, "Oh yeah, obviously a power bomb would blow up this thin glass." Except it doesn't make any sense because missiles have no effect at all. They don't crack the glass. The glass doesn't even shake a little. A lot of players just moved on after trying their bombs and a missile. The game has a lot of nonsensical moments. They move on in search of the tried and true tiles.
>>
The Super Metroid tube and the Sonic 3 barrel are great because they show how shit at problem solving a lot of people are.
>>
>>383237425
I can't believe how fucking stupid you niggers are, that you can't even experiment with anything. I was a fucking kid when I beat this game, no guide or anything. But as a kid you just, I don't know, have this WILD idea that you get this powerful as fuck bomb and see if it breaks this glass because you just don't know where else to go.

Jesus fucking christ, people
>>
I'm currently replaying Super Metroid, so it's pretty fresh on my mind:
You don't have to break the tube. Breaking the tube and getting to Maridia early is a reward for experimenting with your weapons and you can find a similar structure in Maridia if you didn't get it yourself. I honestly don't get why you would complain about a completely optional segment being too cryptic.
However, my complaints:
- Cycling through the weapons is a little sluggish
- You can't run with the X-Ray equipped
- The fucking quick sand, holy shit.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (57KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
57KB, 480x360px
>Just because you disagree with something doesn't mean you can just blindly ignore valid points people bring up that contradict your stance. Think of your least favorite political ideology. You're behaving just like those idiots! Wow! Look at you, you hypocrite. Here are some more points you can bury your head in the sand over and shout, "You're so stupid for not figuring it out, even if you did figure it out on your first playthrough."
Just because I pointed that your argument is weak it doesn’t mean you need to make a shitty politics analogy. Besides, you made 2 fair points and I agreed with you, so don't pretend you are arguing with someone unreasonable that blindly ignores you.

>hield too long
There's a platform and a save station here. See that platform and the map? It's impossible to reach those places unless you break the glass. Why would be an unreachable platform on a fucking dead end? Or a save station on the minimap? Because you need to reach it though the bottom. I bombed that tube without any guide by looking the map. If I can realize something like that when I was 8 years old, why wouldn’t you?

Also
>Except it doesn't make any sense because missiles have no effect at all.
Because just like the screw attack, power bombs are OP on Metroid games.
>>
>>383243957
mean for
>>383242254
>>
It's another one of those tube threads isn't it

Fuck I love me some metroid but you people are failures
>>
File: your_next_line_is.png (44KB, 160x308px) Image search: [Google]
your_next_line_is.png
44KB, 160x308px
>>383243957
>>Here are some more points you can bury your head in the sand over and shout, "You're so stupid for not figuring it out, even if you did figure it out on your first playthrough."
>If I can realize something like that when I was 8 years old, why wouldn’t you?
>yfw

A reasonable conclusion is that you simply pass behind the tube. Even NES games had support for layers like this.
>>
File: 1498663671666.gif (401KB, 336x256px) Image search: [Google]
1498663671666.gif
401KB, 336x256px
The tube isn't even the problem, it's what's after the tube. I dropped Super Metroid when there was nothing else to do but go to Maridia, which is such a sloggingly slow, dull, and unnecessarily obfuscated area that I couldn't help myself from being repulsed by the game design.

What the fuck was Nintendo thinking.
>>
>>383237290
Controls feel clunky, and the default control scheme is ass, granted the control scheme can at least be changed.
I honestly enjoy playing the original Metroid more.
>>
>>383243957

Before I ever played Super Metroid I saw the blowing up the tube part on a commercial and it looked so cool it actually made me want to play the game.
>>
File: Crabs.jpg (57KB, 633x532px) Image search: [Google]
Crabs.jpg
57KB, 633x532px
>>383243957
Oh, and you also had this tip
>>383244482
>A reasonable conclusion is that you simply pass behind the tube
A reasonable conclusion after realizing that it's simply impossible to reach those places and seeing a similar broken tube, is that you can actually break it. Sorry, but you got stuck on a stupid thing. But it’s ok anon, it also happens to me sometimes.
>>
>People completely ignoring the fact that a broken tube is shown a few screens earlier (coming from Meridia) which is supposed to clue the player in.

>>383245435
Dammit Anon, you beat me to it.
>>
>>383245435
Came here to post the broken tube. There's no other way through Maridia without passing by this area, then it just dumps you into the glass tube near Brinstar.
>>
Super Metroid has some flaws but people in this thread are exaggerating them. Some missiles not being shown on the map screen and some rooms having more than one item means that 100%ing the game without a guide just feels frustrating at times. Also the map stations are usually quite far out the way and it's possible for new players to get "stuck" in an area without having any clue where to go. The game also locks you into the bottom of Tourian after the big metroid encounter, which means your savefile can be broken if you reach that part while skipping the charge beam and not having enough missiles/energy tanks to kill Mother Brain. I'd also argue that the x-ray scope should have been obtained during a regular playthrough a lot earlier, new players would benefit from not having to bomb every tile when they want to find a way forward. Finally, the only issue real issue with the glass tube is that there's a delay between using your power bomb and the tube breaking, which means it's possible that the player may use a power bomb and think that it's useless. The player will already have encountered a broken tube earlier in Maridia and by making this puzzle cryptic, it prevents new players from figuring out the solution early and wandering around Maridia without the Gravity Suit (which can just be frustrating).

I was one of the people who used to prefer Zero Mission's physics but after replaying both games multiple times, I prefer Super's. They have a nice sense of weight and momentum to them and (presumably due to the GBA's resolution) the GBA games have no vertical momentum and no real vertical level design as a result. And being able to control your speed with a run button is also nice. The only thing I would change about Super's controls is mapping both diagonal aiming to L (like it is in Fusion/Zero Mission) and mapping the run button to R (which is unfortunately one of the few things you can't do when remapping the buttons on Super).
>>
Vertical movement is too slow and floaty.
I prefer Fusion and Zero Mission in that regard.
>>
So far, the only non meme points on this thread are:
>no hard mode
>grapple hook suck and gets useless very quick
>"having to cycle through every item" controls
>quicksand is kind of annoying
>>
>>383240380
>I really really dislike the space jump as well. It feels like a cheap powerup. Suddenly you don't have to be creative with wall jumps and shine sparks. The moment you get it, the platforming aspect of the game vanishes into thin air.

I love the Space Jump. It's probably one of my favourite powerups in any videogame ever. IMO infinite jumps that let you go anywhere and completely bypass not only the platforming but one of the other upgrades is a bold move that not many devs would put in their game.

It feels like a suitable endgame reward. Super is full of tricky platforming sections, and every room is unique; traversing the map could become tedious when you're at endgame and searching for powerups. The fact that it works alongside the Screw Attack for an instant enemy bypass, hassle-free is even better.

It's cheap, sure. It's also one of the last powerups you get, and allows for a huge shift in the level design of Lower Norfair. It's not full of cramped platforming rooms like the rest of the game, it's full of open rooms with obstacles. Even the boss fight with Ridley is half ground, half aerial battle. You can literally fly around the flying dragon.
>>
>>383245435
>>383245487
>>383245867
Now it's been a while since i've played this but i think i can argue why this is an unreasonable leap on logic.

Up until this point in the game all the destruction in areas was focused around using the morphball bombs and coating areas in them searching for holes in the shape of singular tiles.

Aside from this one tunnel i can't remember any other progress blocking destructable needing the big bomb specifically.
>>
>>383237290
The controls were a little wonky.
The Control Freak patch fixes that perfectly.
>>
>>383247148
But that's your fault for closing your mind and assuming that "everything must works with bombs". Lots of puzzle games have unexpected shit in order to make you think.
>>
File: c86[1].jpg (34KB, 600x342px) Image search: [Google]
c86[1].jpg
34KB, 600x342px
>super metroid is cryptic
>>
File: Waxworks.jpg (88KB, 467x275px) Image search: [Google]
Waxworks.jpg
88KB, 467x275px
>>383247732
I hope these anons never touch a real cryptic game like pic related
>>
>>383247574
This puzzle is literally the only one in the game that was a problem for me.
>>
Can't. It's perfect.

I mean, it's too easy, but the difficulty matched the cognition of a typical SNES gamer who'd get stumped if the stage required you to go left instead of right. If it had been La Mulana everyone would've hated it.
>>
>>383247851
I'm more curious how these people are capable of function in real life and having jobs. Do they all work at mc donalds or something? How stupid do you have to be that you don't power bomb the pipe when nothing else works? Oh, my missiles didn't work, better try super missiles, oh they didn't work better try power bombs. Oh they worked, thanks. It's basic logic going on here, how stupid are these people?
>>
>>383247851
Hardly cryptic. Disgusting as fuck but compared to your typical adventure game it's fairly straightforward.

>>383248051
In those days games had stopped tricking people. Older games like Star Tropics got slammed for hiding the solution from plain sight (FUCK THAT SLUG PASSAGE), and it's something Super Metroid brought back, walls that you can walk through, spikes that don't do anything, that sort of shit.
>>
>>383238336
This, the quicksand sucks.
>>
>>383237290
Bad controls
>>
>>383248185
>spikes that don't do anything

Hmm, the map shows there are something down there. Maybe I should jump onto the spikes since they barely do any damage and I've got plenty of life and plenty of opportunities to farm life. Or you had x-ray and just x-ray it.

>walls you could walk trough

Hmm the map is telling me the game continues maybe I should try moving against the wall, OH WOW IT WORKED MAGIC?

You people were just retarded, go back to playing flappy bird it just has 1 button. You can't fail at that now can you?
>>
>>383237290
not released on PC so i can play it on my ibm aptiva
>>
>>383238106
The fuck does Prime have to do with Fusion?
>>
>>383248185
Jack the reaper was bullshit and you know it's true. First time I got catch by the police. So I eventually started running like a fuck and didn’t get the initial clue. It wouldn’t be a problem if the game allowed you to go back and get the handbag. But guess what? You can’t because the police block you. 4 hours of gameplay wasted.
The rest of the mission is ok, it's just that detail.
>>
File: 0.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>383248374
t. A man who jumps into every spike in the game on the off-chance that they're fake

>>383248630
He's the only enemy, London isn't exactly a big map. It's not like King's Quest where if you cross a bridge too many times it collapses.
>>
>>383237290
Those retractable barriers shouldn't have reset themselves after you opened them.
>>
>>383248724
No I'm not as stupid as you, I just looked at the map, tried bombing and saw that it didn't work so I just jumped down. I mean literal children did it back in 1994 surely a grown up man as yourself can do it.
>>
>>383248860
This, of course, assuming you don't look up a FAQ as soon as you get stuck, which I know you do.
>>
>>383248724
>He's the only enemy
What? The police, the angry villagers and that dog are also your enemies.
>London isn't exactly a big map. It's not like King's Quest where if you cross a bridge too many times it collapses.
I don't get how this has anything to do with what I said.
>>
>>383249041
Yes back in 1994 I looked up a FAQ with my 28.8k modem whenever I got stuck.
>>
File: Goddamn Metroids.jpg (578KB, 1496x2176px) Image search: [Google]
Goddamn Metroids.jpg
578KB, 1496x2176px
>>383237290
It's not challenging at all except for Ridley.
>>
File: red tower.webm (2MB, 640x560px) Image search: [Google]
red tower.webm
2MB, 640x560px
>>383249352
That's a good thing. The game is much harder on repeat playthroughs, when you start applying all the advanced movement techniques and skipping useful upgrades too avoid backtracking.
Fighting Phantoon as early as possible with this trick, for example, is pretty brutal.
>>
>>383237290
really good. The best 2d Metroid game.
>>
>>383248320
nigga wha?
>>
File: boss_ridley2.gif (93KB, 742x446px) Image search: [Google]
boss_ridley2.gif
93KB, 742x446px
>>383249352
And Ridley's mostly hard because of the crappy camera, which has the bottom of the screen filled with useless lava while the boss flies above unseen.
>>
File: Metroid Doom.jpg (140KB, 1024x665px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid Doom.jpg
140KB, 1024x665px
>>383249516
That's a different topic of discussion. What you just said is that the game has immense replay value with room for personal challenges. This is true. But the game itself is not challenging, along with the fact that your standard enemy is nothing but wildlife that just happens to harm Samus through her super suit. But that is also a different topic of discussion. This is all why X-Fusion would have been the best Metroid if the author hadn't listened to fucking babies whining about how Spike Spawn looked too hard.
>>
>>383249790
You do know that you have this ability called jump? Whenever Ridley is in the air you jump up to fight him.
>>
>>383249516
For me Phantoon is pretty brutal in general, he's the one thing that stopped my playthrough, I just couldn't beat him.
>>
>>383249854
I don't think it's different.
Anyone can beat Super Metroid, but anyone can find challenge in it too. IMO that's better than Fusion or Prime 2's approach, which is being just as challenging for everyone (for the most part)

>>383249989
Keep the beam charged and you can somersault through his flames. That's also the trick for beating Nightmare in Fusion.
>>
>>383249989
Don't attack Phantoon with supers, super causes him to move onto the next pattern.
>>
File: Chozo ARt.jpg (75KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
Chozo ARt.jpg
75KB, 564x564px
>>383250053
>IMO that's better than Fusion or Prime 2's approach, which is being just as challenging for everyone (for the most part)
This is why X-Fusion will be lackluster.
>Anyone can beat Super Metroid, but anyone can find challenge in it too
No one has ever said in the history of video games, nor will they ever say,
>Boy that Super Metroid really had me sweating bullets at x part!
>Super Metroid is a challenging game with enemies that really put you on edge and force you to rethink

That's why there is challenge to be had on repeat playthroughs by way of PERSONAL challenges. I can personally challenge myself not to find recharge stations in Metroid II, that doesn't make it inherently more challenging. It makes it more challenging should I choose to make it so.
>>
>>383250950
I'm not familiar with X-Fusion, so I can't comment on it.

>I can personally challenge myself not to find recharge stations in Metroid II
That's an extremely arbitrary thing to do. The game doesn't really change if you do that - it just gets easier to die.
The manner in which you solve the challenges of Super Metroid is completely different if you start skipping items, doing stuff early etc. That's what makes the self-imposed challenges rewarding.
>>
File: Rose.jpg (155KB, 512x446px) Image search: [Google]
Rose.jpg
155KB, 512x446px
>>383251318
>That's what makes the self-imposed challenges rewarding.
Yes. I haven't said the opposite. I'm not calling self-imposed challenges stupid or anything. I'm calling the game itself unchallenging.
>I'm not familiar with X-Fusion, so I can't comment on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH9Yw-dm20g
The game will not be as in that video because of whiners yes I'm upset.
>>
>>383251663
I guess I simply don't see Super being easy as a problem because of that. Anyone can beat it, but it remains rewarding to test your skills. I'm sure casuals appreciate it too.
Most of the Metroid games people regard as the best (Super, ZM, Prime) are like that.
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.