[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is ARMA 3 worth buying? Ive put a lot of time into it when i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: header.jpg (32KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
32KB, 460x215px
Is ARMA 3 worth buying? Ive put a lot of time into it when i pirated it. Or is Squad the way to go.
>>
Buy battlegrounds instead
>>
>>383236116
Its also worth noting im autistic so i have house of fun setting up missions and running through them in 20 seconds.
>>
>>383236167
/thread

Honestly, no offense to you if you played Arma 3 at some point, but the genre it helped start with Day-Z has developed solidly thanks to it.
>>
>>383236327
This is terrible advice and you should both kill yourselves.

Get squad
>>
>>383236116
Arma is great if you want to join a community. Squad is good for playing with publics but can get a bit frustrating if you keep joining squads where the squadleader doesn't know what he's doing.
>>
File: 20170302210755_1.jpg (190KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170302210755_1.jpg
190KB, 1920x1080px
>>383236116
Arma is great if you want to get the Operator feeling. Joining a group is mandatory tho. Great combined arms warfare and incredible Terrains.

Squad is somewhat of a slower Battlefield. If you have a low attention span and want permanent nonstop action it's the game you should go for.
>>
>>383236116
Yes
>>
Who wants to do SW Opposition Alive Invasion with me?
>>
>>383236116
The answer is simple.

ArmA 3 multiplayer is cool, but pretty much dead for normal tactical missions. You mainly have modded servers, like BattleRoyal or similar stuff to DayZ.

Now, for Squad, I think it's the absolute best if you want a simulation that's not too complicated, and where you can easily find games. It's the best mix between fun and simulation. You can also download the multiplayer game Project Reality for free, which is probably one of my favorite multiplayer game.

Also, if you want a kind of ArmA 3 fast multiplayer mod, there is a standalone FREE game using the ArmA 3 engine that came out like a week ago. Looks nice, but the action seems really condensed.

I'm too lazy to find the name, but it should be easy to find.
>>
File: 1482653512222.png (898KB, 3000x2100px) Image search: [Google]
1482653512222.png
898KB, 3000x2100px
>>383240379
>Squad is somewhat of a slower Battlefield. If you have a low attention span and want permanent nonstop action it's the game you should go for.

t. hasn't played it.
>>
>>383240379
fucking retard
>>
ARMA 3 is wasted potential the game, chugs on decent pcs and looks dated for something that launched in 2015.

It has a multitude of other problems including the community who by now have bled out any remotely emotionally normal people and those who are left a /k/onspiracy level autists with authority issues.
>>
just play LMS or PUBG

Argo is practically f2p Arma
>>
>>383242980
>but pretty much dead for normal tactical missions
>playing on public servers
>>
>>383243126
>>383243173
Why are you pretending Squad is something it is not? It fills a completely different niche, the action combat niche. You join short matches that go maybe in rare cases 2 hours and are permanently in a firefight between the 5 minutes of walking/driving.

It comes from Battlefield and it stays in the same genre as Battlefield. That's not something bad.
>>
>>383243371
Sure.

I bet you have to plan a certain day/time of the week to gather up with your friends and go play on a private server. Which is way too much work to play a game.
>>
File: Yukkuri Shiteitte ne!.jpg (319KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Yukkuri Shiteitte ne!.jpg
319KB, 1280x720px
>>383236116
Arma if you have friends, Squad if you don't. Squad has far less autism and the people playing it tend to take it easy a lot more.
>>
File: 63.jpg (924KB, 2715x1527px) Image search: [Google]
63.jpg
924KB, 2715x1527px
ArmA 3 has a lot more content and freedom than squad.
Squad is more polished, but runs better if you have a good
graphics card (980,1070,1080).

For arma you need a good CPU to run it well, and performance
hinders on the content you play. There are 1000s of scenarios
on steam workshop that you can play. These all vary in perfor-
mance and quality. Also 1000s of mods that provide endless
content.
To get a good tactical experience without a hustle, get SQUAD.
Arma 3 has a bunch of public arcade game modes, but if you
want something tactical, you'd have to find a community. Reco-
mmendations: TMTM, COFFEE, FPARMA (this one is reddit tier).
Just google any of these.
>>
>>383236116
Arma 3 is a containment game for a special kind of people who want to play with others of their special kind.
Anyone who has dabbled into the multiplayer parts of "serious sims" of any kind know the kind of special people I'm talking about.

You know if you're one of them or not. I was one, long ago. Back then the containment games were called Operation Flashpoint and IL-2 Sturmovik.
And I had fun. What do the special people of today play, aside from Arma 3?
>>
>>383245001
garry's mod
>>
>>383245001
IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow?
>>
>>383236116
buy arma for autism or squad for fun
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.