[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Why is it so much better than Bloodborne?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: dark-souls-2.jpg (118KB, 760x428px) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-2.jpg
118KB, 760x428px
Why is it so much better than Bloodborne?
>>
No 30fps lock
>>
Havent played BB, so i cant say.
It is better than DaS3, thats for sure, tho.
>>
>>383233976
>No fucking shit Blood Vial
>Das2 has the most content and best build balance and PVP. Bloodborne is the absolute worst
>Bloodborne has shit co-op and along with pointless covenants.
>Power Stance
>Build diversity
>actual stamina management
>Das2 characters are more memorable and have more personality
>Bloodborne's world design is linear and boring as fuck which makes repeat playthroughs mind-numbingly tedious.
>4K > 1080p
>244fps > 26fps
>>
I love both but I wouldn't call Dark Souls 2 better.
Bloodborne has the polish Dark Souls 2 lacks and the game is different enough to be considered a new step on the series; meanwhile Dark Souls 2 is very rich mechanically wise and tries many different things on its own.

Both games fall apart at the end and both have excellent DLC.
>>
It has twice as many bosses in the base game and three times as much dlc.
>>
>>383233976
Because you've got Down syndrome
>>
File: Bump.png (128KB, 636x295px) Image search: [Google]
Bump.png
128KB, 636x295px
>>383233976
Today I will tell them that DaS2 is still the worst in the entire franchise.
>>
File: 1485304671792.jpg (273KB, 1150x1640px) Image search: [Google]
1485304671792.jpg
273KB, 1150x1640px
>>383234342
this
>>
>>383233976
Can't we just say never ever and be done with this?
>>
>>383233976
Das1 and des are better than bloodborne but das2 is far worse
Also never ever
>>
>>383233976
its the no framerate lock.
>>
>>383233976
Bb is absolutely overvalued game. PVP is dead
>>
>>383233976
Because you have not played Bloodborne and you feel the need to be contrarian
>>
>>383234342
>No fucking shit Blood Vial
There is nothing wrong about Blood vials.
>Das2 has the most content and best build balance and PVP. Bloodborne is the absolute worst
Agreed.
>Bloodborne has shit co-op and along with pointless covenants.
Bloodborne's co-op isn't any different from the co-op in the other games. Bloodborne didn't need covenants in the fist place so awkwardly forcing them was a mistake.
>Power Stance
Dark Souls isn't Bloodborne and Bloodborne isn't Dark Souls: combat on both games isn't mean to handle the same.
>Build diversity
Agreed
>actual stamina management
Agreed
The only memorable DaS2 character is Lucatiel.
>Bloodborne's world design is linear and boring
as fuck which makes repeat playthroughs mind-numbingly tedious.
Agreed. Of the Soulsborne games I've played (DaS1, 2, 2SOTF, 3 and BB), it's the worst. A fucking straight line
Central Yharnam -> Forbidden Forest -> College -> Hidden Village -> Nightmare of Mensis -> Hunter's Dream.

>4K > 1080p
>244fps > 26fps
Agreed.
>>
>>383234342
Bloodborne's characters were so boring and forgettable
>>
>>383234394
And most of them are absolute garbage that could be mistaken for a normal enemy.
>>
File: 3dmEkcij.jpg large.jpg (64KB, 580x820px) Image search: [Google]
3dmEkcij.jpg large.jpg
64KB, 580x820px
No DLC
BB > DaS 3 = DaS 1 > DeS > DaS 2

All DLC
BB = DaS 1 > DaS 3 = DaS 2 > DeS
>>
>>383233976
Crowns trilogy is overwhelmingly much better than the old hunters bullshit
>>
File: 1499330156131.jpg (122KB, 500x375px)
1499330156131.jpg
122KB, 500x375px
>>383235040
>>383235040
This.
DaS2 had no fucking character development, someone post that picture of the crestfallen comparisons.
>>
>>383234394
Most of das 2 bosses are either fat blobs or big knights which are basically
>dogde left
>>
>>383235040
this is implying old hunters is worse than aota, which is very very wrong
>>
>>383234342
/thread.
>>
>>383234784
there is though, you could pretty much farm them to your heart's content. making the whole game easier
>>
>>383236761
You could also farm the boars in majula for a week to get to level 100, making the game easier. I don't know what your point is
>>
Combat in DaS2 feels floaty and flaccid
Combat in BB feels brutal
>>
>>383236567
how is it? he wrote BB = DaS1 with DLC which is putting them on an equal level
>>
>>383237158
Are the boars not subject to the DaS2 rule of only being able to kill enemies 15 times until they stop respawning?
>>
>>383234342
God I hope you're just memeing
>>
>>383237546
If the base BB is better and witch DLC points they're equal that means AotA is better
>>
DaS2 has the most content out of any of the souls games.

The problem is that almost all of that content is also shit, with the odd little gem sprinkled here and there.
>>
>>383234342
ds2 is locked to 60 tho
>>
>>383233976
It's not
>>
>>383233976
Just beat Bloodborne recently for the first time. It was a 7/10 at best. I was really disappointed.
>wall clipping attacks
Very abuseable. I can pretty much hit through any thinner doors, walls and objects that my attacks should bounce off of.
>shit hitboxes
The locked 17 FPS hides it a little, but I got hit constantly from attacks that I have absolutely would have been able to successfully dodge in DaS2.
>not playable long-range class
The only long-range class is utter shit and way too difficult, even for a souls game.
>all weapons have the same DPS
This game is all about the multiplayer, so every single weapon in the game has the same DPS. I hate PVP, I only play PVE games. This means that there is no excitement in finding new weapons. And caring about fashion in this game is autism. I'm looking at you, /bbg/. I beat the game the first time with the Hunter Axe (starting weapon). Everything else was worse to handle.
>npc phantom summons are way too OP
They can tank way too much and can heal infinitely. They ruin boss fights. I stopped summoning them after the second one made killing bosses way too easy.
>wasted potential with the messengers
I liked those little fellas, especially that you can put custom hats on them. I wish I could have done a lot more with them. Like in the Overlord games.
>surprisingly few werewolves
I expected a lot more. Most of the prerelease screenshots were of werewolves, I thought this would be a werewolfy game, but there were barely any in the game.
>shit fast travel
Going back to the Hunter's Dream to fast travel every time was annoying. I must have spent at least an hour of doing nothing but looking at the loading screen for only this.

There are other major problems with the game, but those are present in every Fromsoftware game.
>>
>>383238945
I just git bloodborne but I haven't touched it yet. This also my first souls-like game so I am pretty much a noob. Is it possible to beat this game in one day? How long did it take you?
>>
>>383238945
this is legit the worst "i am an expert in video games and let me tell why bloodborne is bad" post ive ever seen
>>
>>383238945
>This game is all about the multiplayer

the fuck
>>
>>383234342
>best build balance in PvP
No, it just had the most shit players so you think that only because nobody is competent. That and the meta changed every month because of sledgehammer nerfs. After the final balance patch, any build that isn't robflynn ice rapier is a gimped one.
>>
>>383238945
So much unhappiness in one post, or decent bait. Someone will enjoy debating you on all those points.
>>
>>383239196
40 hours for souls veterans, so about 80 hours if you die a lot. 100 if you are a completionist.
Spoiler: When the Hunter's Dream catches on fire, you are about to fight the final boss and you can't play the game after that. Get everything done before the encounter.

>>383239236
I've played every other souls game 3 times before this. I really didn't like this.

>>383239449
I'm just not a happy camper about this. I'm really not baiting.
>>
>>383236761
Meanwhile in DS2 you literally have about 500 healing items on your person.
>>
>>383239568
if you played every other souls game 3 times you'd be tired from swinging the same longsword all day because it is the best weapon and the only thing you can do is upgrade it
but because everything does the same damage in bloodborne you can actually use any weapon you want
>>
>>383233976
b8
>>
>>383239758
Yes, but spending extra upgrades on new weapons feels bad for getting the same DPS, even if the play style is different. I just stuck with the Hunter's Axe.
>>
>>383238945
Everything about this post is objectively wrong
When I get back from the store I'm goimg to write an autistic rant about how utterly wrong you are, you dark souls 2 apologist hipster faggot, assuming the thread isn't dead
>>
>>383239404
>muh ir is meta
poise kills your shitty rapier
>>
File: skeleton lords fog gate.png (39KB, 400x378px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton lords fog gate.png
39KB, 400x378px
am I the only one that felt like DS1 was short?
>lategame is all gimmicks and no real difficulty until Gwyn
>the only interesting bosses pre-DLC are Bell Gargoyles, O&S, Gwyn, and maybe Quelaag
granted, Depths and Catacombs were fun and took a while to explore, but after lordvessel everything felt like a rush to the finish.
>>
>>383238945
>Very abuseable. I can pretty much hit through any thinner doors, walls and objects that my attacks should bounce off of.
Applies to every single Souls game. Not an argument.
>The locked 17 FPS hides it a little, but I got hit constantly from attacks that I have absolutely would have been able to successfully dodge in DaS2.
This is false. DaS2 and BB use the same hit detection for rolling. Yes, it's shit, but it's objectively less of an issue in BB since your rolls are faster, unlike DS2 where sub 105 agility you have much less iframes than active frames so you'll get hit by attacks you avoided. In BB your dodge is so quick that preemptive dodging and last-second dodging are both viable; in DS2, you cannot preemptive dodge or you will be hit.
>>
>>383238945
Someone who actually played every Souls game on release besides BB (which I played after Old Hunters released) and DS1 (which I played just before AotA released).
>The only long-range class is utter shit and way too difficult, even for a souls game.
Blood builds were so broken they had to get nerfed and they're still the best build in the game for everything but Logarius and Rom. The only thing stopping Arcane from being better than sorcery builds in DS1/DeS is that the Blacksky Eye is locked behind the DLC.
>This game is all about the multiplayer
This is so wrong it hurts. The only Souls game that was "all about multiplayer" was DS2, as it was the only game designed around co-op.
>every single weapon has the same DPS
False. Even post-nerf the pizza cutter has much higher DPS than most other weapons and the saw cutter has the highest DPS by far.
>caring about fashion in this game is autism
You sound like those faggots that steamrolled DS1 with heavy armor, if you even played DS1.
>summons are OP
wow easy mode is easy what a fucking revelation.
>wasted potential with the messengers
At least it was still a step up from messages in previous games.
>I expected a lot more
That was the point. If the whole game was nothing but wolves it would have been stale fast.
>Going back to the Hunter's Dream to fast travel every time was annoying
agreed, that's your only legitimate complaint though.
>>
>>383234342
>>No fucking shit Blood Vial
True
>>Das2 has the most content and best build balance and PVP. Bloodborne is the absolute worst
Shame that most of the content is filler trash or just outright awful.
>>Bloodborne has shit co-op and along with pointless covenants.
Co-op is drooling retard tier.
>>Power Stance
BB's mechanics are different enough for this to not really be a fair comparison. You could say DaS2 should have weapon transformations, for example.
>>Build diversity
True
>>actual stamina management
You still have to manage stamina in BB. If you spam you'll be caught out and punished same as any other Souls-like.
>>Das2 characters are more memorable and have more personality
holy kek
>>Bloodborne's world design is linear and boring as fuck which makes repeat playthroughs mind-numbingly tedious.
Linear, but well designed. Preferable to open and a mess.
>>4K > 1080p
Not that important.
>>244fps > 26fps
True
>>
>>383234342
>>No fucking shit Blood Vial
because having literal infinite healing items is so much better right?
>>
I dont think its better than bb just because bb bosses are better than anything else ive experienced in a vidya in 20 + years BUT i really liked a lot of the unique designs das2 had like the elephant guys. Gameplay felt like shit and most bosses were straight up aweful though
>>
>>383246724
>infinite
>has to be refilled

Blood Vials are barely a step above grass as a healing mechanic. It's easily the biggest strike against the game.
>>
>>383246907
I was talking about DS2, you bilthering retard.
>>
>>383234342
t. das 2 is my first souls
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.