[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>daggerfall fanboys will defend this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: 1377254999233.png (1MB, 800x417px) Image search: [Google]
1377254999233.png
1MB, 800x417px
>daggerfall fanboys will defend this
>>
What about it?
>>
>>383231582
not op, but Daggerfall's dungeons are completely devoid of logic, and due to poorly written dungeon generation rules, it's 100% possible that they will be impossible to complete.

The dungeon system was not made with players in mind. It was made with devs in mind who can teleport to objectives, and thus avoid shit like falling through the world, or getting stuck on a rock blocking a hallway, etc.
>>
>>383231431
The maps were one of the things that put me off from this game. The character creation and customization was great and the atmosphere and gameplay was fun but then I hit the wall where I had to keep doing stupid dungeon crawl quests which were bad in and of themselves but the design of the dungeons and the shitty map made it take 3 times as long.
>>
>>383231431
Daggerfall actually has fanboys?
>>
>>383234668
Probably but not a lot though. A lot of people on this board think anyone that enjoyed this game is a fanboy though as I've quite a few people shitting on this game saying its unplayable and shit which is far from the truth though the game does have its fair share of problems
>>
>>383231891
>not just leaving the dungeon and finding another

casual
>>
File: daggerfall zoomed out.png (2MB, 1912x919px) Image search: [Google]
daggerfall zoomed out.png
2MB, 1912x919px
anyone know how the unity remake is coming along?
>>
>>383235116
>tfw the epitome of never ever
>tfw I have no face
>>
File: daggerfall unity.png (383KB, 768x418px) Image search: [Google]
daggerfall unity.png
383KB, 768x418px
>>383235469
seems the dude is still working on it, update from literally 2 days ago. He's got NPCs working
>>
>>383235116
Just posted an update the other day http://www.dfworkshop.net/

>>383235469
Nah, Unity is making progress. It's DaggerXL that's never ever.
http://xlengine.com/blog/
>>
>>383235836
I saw the webm of the new rendering technique for NPCs, turns out it's fucking perfect. This guy is some God's work I tell you.

>>383235906
who the fuck cares about that shit if the unity project is till alive and kicking

>last update july 22 2016
lmao
>>
File: todd shield.png (599KB, 462x898px) Image search: [Google]
todd shield.png
599KB, 462x898px
>>383235906
inb4 Pete slaps a C&D on unity just before beth announces their own half-ass arena dagerfall "remaster" combo
>>
File: 1489531303942.png (174KB, 381x322px) Image search: [Google]
1489531303942.png
174KB, 381x322px
>>383236365
In theory it's better, since it's reverse engineering the original engine. In practice, unless Lucius open sources it it's probably not going to get done.

>>383236434
Bethesda is OK with OpenMW, I think they'll probably be fine with Daggerfall for Unity. Especially since they're already giving Daggerfall away for free.
>>
>Bethesda needs to finally make a new engine
>All the evidence of them trying to further broaden the playerbase
>"We want the Minecraft audience"
Does anyone else think they'll return to procedurally generated worlds soon? TESVI?
>>
>>383237954
hell, they proc generated all the fucking dungeons in oblivion, and they were shit as a result. Skyrim's dungeons are no miracle but I was at least able to enjoy them more than oblivion's
>>
>>383237954
it's a distinct possibility for them to have more randomly generated shit due to FO4
>>
File: cereal-guy.jpg (23KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
cereal-guy.jpg
23KB, 600x600px
I love daggerfall but it's a fact we all agree that the random dungeon generation is an atrocity.
>>
>>383235116
Quest system was implemented recently.
I just wish it had DaggerXL's FarTerrain feature.
>>
>>383238283
I actually kind of hope they're going to rip off something from the Souls games like its combat system/pacing

That's a recipe for ridiculous amounts of money. Getting both the 'procedural crafting survival' crowd's AND the 'lmao Souls is so hard le prepare 2 die xD' crowd's money in one fell swoop

I'd fucking fall for it too because CK for that game would basically be 'Super Souls Maker' for me
>>
>>383239978
Why on earth would they do that? Souls combat in first person sounds fucking horrible.
>>
>>383231431
Daggerfall's only flaw, but it's not so bad, save when entering a dungeon, cast recall, fuck around, cast recall again.
>>
>>383240203
I meant more in terms of animations, weapon movesets, that sort of thing. You can make Skyrim's combat behave a little bit like that already with mods. Dodging could simply be made into a first person friendly sidestep or backstep or whatever.

It could work, but then again
>Bethesda
>effort
>>
>>383240404
Dark Messiah is what Bethesda need to strive to be like. It's a very similar system to what they have already, except good and unanimously loved. Not everything has to be Dark Souls.
>>
File: chim.jpg (97KB, 637x358px) Image search: [Google]
chim.jpg
97KB, 637x358px
>>383231431
>he can't traverse the void
>>
>>383231891
Have done a full playthrough of Daggerfall about once a year since release. I don't even have a remote estimate on the number of dungeon crawls I completed.

With that in mind, I have only ever found 2 dungeons in the province of Daggerfall that have a quest location cut off from the rest of the dungeon. And that is 2 out of 268 in the province so the risk of running into them is fairly small.

The "90% of Daggerfall dungeons are broken" is a meme that has been going on almost since release and it's simply not true. It is more likely that it comes from the fact that people who simply need to git gud can't find what they are looking for in a single crawl, rage quit and then post some autistic shit on /v/

This is not even taking into account the fact that if you can't find a quest target in a dungeon, you can just abandon the quest without any negative consequences, unless it is a main quest - and exactly zero main quest dungeons have the problem since they were designed/reviewed by the devs.

Another meme that should die is that towns and dungeons in Daggerfall are randomly generated every time you enter them or start a new game. They were proc generated during development but they never change, apart from quest targets moving (and they only have a predetermined number of predetermined places in each dungeon block that they can spawn in).

TL;DR I am a Daggerfall fanboy
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.