[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GOAT unit coming through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: Haar_Artwork_(FE10).png (1MB, 782x1662px) Image search: [Google]
Haar_Artwork_(FE10).png
1MB, 782x1662px
GOAT unit coming through
>>
File: Seth.png (1MB, 788x1020px) Image search: [Google]
Seth.png
1MB, 788x1020px
*blocks your path*
>>
I wish he could make it into Warriors. I like him and his dragon looks so much better to me than the wyverns they use for Awakening and Fates.
>>
>>383224394

this thread will probably 404 because nobody will be able to contradict you, RD Haar is truly the GOAT
>>
why does fire emblem have such an awful fanbase?
>>
>>383224692

why does anyone ever spend time talking about the "fanbase" or "fandom" of games instead of talking about the games themselves?

I've never understood how such a discussion could possibly be stimulating, and from years and years of browsing this stupid fucking board I've never seen a single scrap of evidence to change my mind at all. what is it that could possibly make someone think that starting such a discussion is entertaining?
>>
File: Sety.png (801KB, 876x1384px) Image search: [Google]
Sety.png
801KB, 876x1384px
*unsheathes forseti*
>>
File: fe jill2.jpg (44KB, 243x348px) Image search: [Google]
fe jill2.jpg
44KB, 243x348px
>>383224692
The games are just different enough to split so many fans between the games and cause them to throw autistic shit fits whenever you dare say something bad their favorite.

The fanbase growing a lot from Awakening's success didn't help either.
>>
>>383224938
Cool beans, Ced.
>>
>>383224864
Because this thread was started with a stupid bait post rather than actually trying to have a productive discussion of Fire Emblem. I'm trying to understand the reasons that attracted so many obnoxious shitposters and memelords to this series when other SRPG series are relatively shitposter-free. I'm wondering if it's a characteristic of the games themselves, due to marketing, or some other factors. I think it could be interesting if people people made reasonable hypotheses and discussed them.
>>
>>383224938
Hey Ced hows it going?
>>
>>383225285
>Because this thread was started with a stupid bait post
You got an odd definition of bait anon.

To me bait would be more like saying how the old games were shit until Awakening. Or something of that nature.
>>
>>383224692
are you referring to the newfags or the oldfags?
>>
Radiant Dawn was a mistake
>>
>>383225285
>I'm trying to understand the reasons that attracted so many obnoxious shitposters and memelords to this series

big anime tiddies
>>
>>383224939
There are many series more static and many more varied than Fire Emblem, but you think that this specific balance is the key?
I think it's strange that Fire Emblem fans throw 'autistic shit fits'.

Now that I think about it, the strategy component makes it likely for some people to deeply analyze games and the character focus makes it reasonable to get attached to some characters. But I'm not seeing what makes Fire Emblem discussion so hard to have while other SRPGs like FFT, Shining Force, even Disgaea have nice civil fanbases. I wish I could enjoy those games.

>>383226101
I guess I used the wrong word, is shitpost more accurate? It's disappointing to see people intentionally making stupid posts like "GOAT unit coming through" and especially "*blocks your path*". If they were to explain why they felt those units were particularly useful that would be great, but in Fire Emblem threads a lot of people type like subhumans. And that's without even considering the actual falseflag bait posts that often appear.
>>
>>383225285
How is the OP baiting? Haar is GOAT. It'd be a different story if he posted a garbage unit
>>
>>383226637
I don't know why on earth you'd expect quality gameplay discussion to happen on /v/ in 2017 for a popular series
>>
File: snore.png (62KB, 156x197px) Image search: [Google]
snore.png
62KB, 156x197px
You have passed by the indestructible sleeping Dragonmaster, Haar. NO DAMAGE and Stun procs will come to you but only if you post 'Sleep tight, Dracoknight'
>>
>>383226637
I see what you mean but you can often turn some of these threads into discusssions as long as the OP isn't something that'll attract 100% shitposts. Just ask questions and shit and usually it gets a discussion going. Not exactly prime time right now depending on where you live, though
>>
File: fe nig4.jpg (230KB, 1191x940px) Image search: [Google]
fe nig4.jpg
230KB, 1191x940px
>>383227197
*blocks your path*
>>
>>383227197
WAKE UP FAG
>>
File: Arden_(Super_Tactics_Book).png (627KB, 653x767px) Image search: [Google]
Arden_(Super_Tactics_Book).png
627KB, 653x767px
if you want a good FE thread, don't mention FE in the OP and just post an image of the Jugdral games

this has worked well in the past
>>
>>383226795
If there's any place on the internet where it's possible to have quality gameplay for a popular series in 2017 please let me know, /v/ is all I have.

>>383226639
Haar's pretty good, thought he's largely superfluous because Titania and Ike are also pretty good. I'd even say Jill is more useful overall. But the issue isn't the OP's opinion itself, it's about how Fire Emblem fans phrase their posts to be obnoxious and dissuades people from actually discussing.
>>
>>383227506
I don't think it's a FE fan specific thing, some people will always have different goals when coming into a thread. See the same type of posting for every game.
My jill was a beast in PoR but in RD haar overshadowed her. Both were great though. Poor astrid, though
>>
>>383227197
sleep tight Dracoknight
>>
File: 1468462809963.jpg (47KB, 299x268px) Image search: [Google]
1468462809963.jpg
47KB, 299x268px
>>383224938
>He's so fast that he overflows the Speed cap, which wraps it around back to 0, then caps Speed AGAIN by Level 30
>>
>>383224394
>>383224590
They're just crutches for bad players the true GOAT is Rutger.
>>
>>383227506
>Haar's pretty good, thought he's largely superfluous because Titania and Ike are also pretty good. I'd even say Jill is more useful overall.

RD Haar absolutely steps on both of those two, despite them being top tier units. He has better combat than both and better mobility alongside actually being availiable for more chapters. Also, no arrow weakness.

>I'd even say Jill is more useful overall.
Jill is the second best unit in RD after Haar, and it's because of how much she can speed up the clears on the DB end of things due to flight. If you want to argue about possibly better units than Haar, you need to leave RD.
I honestly would argue his real competition boils down to:
>FE4 Sigurd
The Jagen Lord who's name should be the term for "good Jagens" instead of Oifey(one of the worst Jagens, every version of Jagen himself was better despite growths)
>FE8 Seth
Pretty much the most devastating Sigurd-styled Jagen in the franchise. Warpskipping him around is the optimal playstyle.
>FE11 Caeda
Forged Wingspear is the dumbest thing in that game due to cavs and armors making up almost all bosses and a ton of the enemies. She's a warpskip monster just like Seth.

>>383224938
Ced isn't even the best unit in his own Gen though, much less his game. He doesn't have a mount, for starters.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.