[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were crits implemented into TF2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (565KB, 875x548px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
565KB, 875x548px
Why were crits implemented into TF2?
>>
>>383224221
>he plays on crit servers
>>
Because nearly every map has chokepoints as a major feature, and they needed something to get around that. (Because changing the maps to not have chokepoints was too advanced of a strategy).
>>
Because nothing besides the sniper is capable of dealing headshots meaning no damage bonuses.
>>
>>383224563
yea, but the reason they do everything in tf2 is to prevent skilled players from being able to defeat hordes.

that's probably the #1 reason they changed the attack and defend mode from using a flag to capture the point to being a sit in capture point zone timer.

overwatch is just the next evolution of that idea.
>>
Because despite what most people think, it actually did accomplish what it set out to do: give the game more unexpected moments and give newer players a gambit that could kill even the most experienced players.

I think the whole chance ramping thing kind of undermines it though, like how when you do more damage in the past however long, you start getting more crit chance.
>>
Because TF2 is neutered team fortress and is designed to have a much lower skill ceiling than QTF
>>
Should I even bother with interp and network settings if I get an average 50-100 ping?
>>
>>383224221
Because Robin was a dumbass aussie.
>>
>>383224953
You actually fight in TF2 that alone makes it more skillful than conc jump in and die a thousand times before getting lucky fortress.
>>
>>383224221
It's funny
>>
>>383225361
t. never played QTF, Q3TF, or ETF
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.