[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PUBG chooses to stay in early access for another year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 8

File: pubg goes full jew.png (95KB, 645x717px) Image search: [Google]
pubg goes full jew.png
95KB, 645x717px
Defend this.
>>
>told /v/ that this was going to be dayz 2.0
>told then it was never going to come out of early access like the rest of them
>they didn't listen
>>
File: laughing_crying.png (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_crying.png
6KB, 225x225px
>surprised an early access game is scamming its customers
>>
File: 1.jpg (49KB, 470x466px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
49KB, 470x466px
>>383218789
>I WILL RELEASE PUBG IN 6 MONTHS
>nvm lol
>>
Literally DayZ all over again.

Keep giving over those shekels.
>>
>for another year

but they say Q3/Q4 2017 right there
>>
>before Q4 2017
Reading comprehension
I do think we will see another one of these later on to actually delay to 2018, but they could literally just release it in 2 months and just update it.
They can be "finished" whenever they want to be. There is no baseline content to be called a complete game. Battlefield 4 launched broken as fuck and stayed that way for a year.
>>
As long as I can play it, who cares?
>>
File: 1497652868994.jpg (28KB, 224x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497652868994.jpg
28KB, 224x400px
>>383219285
>he thinks they won't delay it again

They'll release it in Q4 just like they were going to release it in 6 months right anon?

it will never come out of early access
>>
>>383218789
They're constantly updating the game so what's the issue
>>
The alternative is pulling a Notch and claiming it's done and releasing it "officially" so he can bump up the cost because it's "finally released".
>>
>>383219410
yeah it will come out of early access because they've already revealed that they have a plan for when it releases, which is microtransactions

they will take it out of early access once they're done adding shit in and then move on to microtransactions to continue a profit stream, this is literally what they've been saying and it is what is going to happen
>>
File: 1491973401379.jpg (41KB, 680x793px) Image search: [Google]
1491973401379.jpg
41KB, 680x793px
Every game of this genre has burned me, but I want to believe this is the one - finally. Why must every game in the open world survival genre do this to me?

Why is this fair?
>>
>>383219468
ARK just did this, it was 30 dollars and now its 60. There is no milestone they hit to be called finished, they just decide to do it now.

Its what will happen to this game, but hopefully modding is released and makes it worth the 30 dollars. Modding can turn this into something actually fun and keep content going.
>people want a persistent survival/RP thing in this game
Fucking WHY
>>
>>383218789
Whats so bad about this? The game is getting constant updates and fixes so I don't see a problem here.
>>
>>383219668
Yeah man I can't wait for a slew of halfbaked, never finished mods
>>
I don't buy "survival" games because they're almost universally shitty early access garbage that are perpetually in development. Even when they're officially "released" I don't like them because it's just a bunch of people being assholes to each other for no reason, its not fun to me at all. There's no goal other than "survive being attacked by assholes long enough to become the asshole".
>>
>>383218789
Why are you surprised? a early access twitch bait game, needs more early access time?
Stupid fucking cucks thinking it would finish
>>
File: 1337933537977.png (79KB, 247x248px) Image search: [Google]
1337933537977.png
79KB, 247x248px
>>383219668
>mfw ark released an expansion DURING early access and charged for it
>>
>>383219919
>twitch bait game
What does this mean exactly and why is it bad for players?
>>
>>383219931
>now they're releasing another expansion and it's free
???
>>
>>383218789
Q4 2017 and 6 months are the same amount of time. I'm not sure what the point of this news update was.
>>
>>383219769
I'd take the same experience but in new user maps. I don't expect many high quality mods that do something wild, but maps and weapons will be pretty common.
>>
>>383220006
it released 3 months ago so it could take up to 9 months, which still isn't too bad considering the pace of updates so far
>>
>>383219976
It means he can't afford a PC that can run it well, or he sucks horribly at it, so he has to shit on the game in some meme-based buzzword way that is hard to argue against to feel better about himself.
>>
>For another year
>Guy outright says the game will be out before the end of the year
>>
>>383219668

Seems to be the trend. Notch realized that he was taking so long working on his game that by the time he actually finished it, everyone that wanted it would buy it. So he pushed a work in progress to official release and now he doesn't have to worry about it because he sold an unfinished project to go shitpost on twitter for life.

I mean, he's living the dream, but it's still a shitty business practice that these early access releasing companies are getting away with.
>>
>we will release game at this target time
>not really lol keep buying our cosmetics
>>
>>383220006
They just hit the 6 month mark and pushed it out to Q4 2017. So both you an OP are wrong: they're choosing to stay in early access for a full year, not another 12 months longer.
>>
>/v/ is still assblasted that PUBG isn't dead yet and is only increasing in popularity

You salty /v/aginas are always wrong and there's NOTHING you can do to bring down this game.
>>
>>383220229
Game came out March 3rd, so its been just over 3 months.
>>
Haven't played it but saw some interesting videos.

Is it worth /v/?
>>
>>383220450
But I want normalfag containment games to do well so they stay off other games.
>>
>>383220521
Maybe not right away, since it still has a bit of poor weapon variety (though it's expanding) and optimization issues/occasional bugs are still present. It is getting better constantly though. They have been fixing things that people want fixed and balancing so that the meta doesn't become black and white.
>>
>>383220521
90% of the time you will be running around or camping and not doing cool stuff like in the videos
>>
>>383220521
Its pretty campy in solo but if you run duos/squad games theres more action. Just depends if youre into this kind of game.
>>
>>383220450
>Normalfag still angry that someone insulted his reddit game
>>
>>383220521
Wait for a sale, but it's probably the best in its genre so there's that. And yes, this is now a genre because all the developers are piggy backing onto the market.
>>
>>383220521
You're flown over an island, choose when to jump out of the plane, and have to scavenge for gear when you land and survive against 99 other players while maintaining your position inside the playerzone which randomly moves around and shrinks in radius. The island is huge. Early game is a slow paced and tense build up focused on scavenging while the late game is fast paced and full of deadly shootouts. Everyone dies in about 1-4 hits depending on the weapons used.

Does it sound fun to you? If so, then yes, because it is how it sounds.
>>
>>383220897
I don't think solo is much more campy, in duos/squads you don't want a friend to die early which leads to camping. You will probably also have "that friend" that wants a win no matter how boring it gets.

You could land at school or military every game, and maybe like 1 in 5 be the last man standing out of that area and continue the match. If the early game lag wasn't so unbearable bad it would be pretty fun to land and fight at the start. People skip around too much due to lag at the start of most games.
>>
>>383218789
>Another year
>Release is now December 2017

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>383219410
it's already gotten more content and optimization updates than any other survival game that has been slugging it's way through EA
>>
>>383221335
>optimization
>>
>>383221393
It's gotten better for me and everyone else I know, but then again I don't have a toaster so I can't speak for the poorfags
>>
there are 2 ways to play this game and only 1 of them is any fun

method 1 - the faggot: land in the middle of nowhere and loot houses, camp like a bitch, hide in fuckshacks, hope everyone kills eachother and try to eke out a win with as few kills as possible

method 2 - the fun way: land in a hotspot like the mountain base (the butthole of the map), military, or even school and shoot your way to victory. the best way to loot is off of corpses. cars not required but highly recommended. more fun with a squad.
>>
>>383221673
why not just do method 1 and not play like a pussy? That's what most people do, myself included.
>>
/v/ is the reason this even happened.
you queers allowed big publishers shit down your throat to the point indie devs are capable of doing it.
This is entirely the result of you fags not sticking to the activision boycott, they got away with no dedicated servers and things just escalated from there.
>>
>>383221673
>>383221839
Yeah landing West of the Military Base and moving in AFTER getting safe loot is what I do. I dodge the lag, I dodge the RNG on the dude next to me getting a gun but my room had nothing. Same with the cities and other named locations, just go in afterwards.

What I hate the most is the faggot method where someone lands in ONE house, gets a shotgun and waits. Just fucking waits. Gets maybe like 2-3 lucky circles, didn't loot anything nearby just the shotgun and you walk in after looking at the other buildings and he just kills you.
>>
>>383222074
>A game this good
>Result of /v/

yeah, no
>>
>>383218789
You can safely blame Xbox for this.
>>
>>383222970
This

Thanks Microwave
>>
>>383222970
>>383223619
What did xbox do wrong
>>
>>383218789
It is a pretty barebones game right now. But this is not promising.

I've already gotten 50 hours of fun out of it so I don't mind having spent $30 on it.
>>
File: 1483831557738.png (12KB, 540x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483831557738.png
12KB, 540x500px
Name one thing that's wrong with this.
Literally name one thing that would be different about the game if they just called it released instead of early access.
>>
defend capitalism?

ok, dont buy a product if you dont like it
>>
File: 1423939383800.jpg (9KB, 228x251px) Image search: [Google]
1423939383800.jpg
9KB, 228x251px
>>383218789
I got gifted the game.
>>
>>383223784
It's "exclusive on Xbox" only because of early access. A few handjobs from Uncle Phil and look what's console exclusive for a few months!
>>
>>383224008
if you cant see whats wrong with indefinitely staying in early access you are a faglord
>>
I can't believe people fell for DayZ 2.0. I guess I've just outgrown the medium, since I haven't seen a single game worth playing in the past decade.

Every medium is just corrupt and not worth saving. Why fucking bother.
>>
>>383218789
LITERALLY H1Z1 AGAIN LMAO
>>
>>383226365
mount and blade 2
>>
ITT: children who's mom didnt buy them the game everyone is enjoying

I dodged all the dayz clones because they looked unpolished and incomplete

this game as it is has more than given me my money's worth, guns are more rewarding than any other game I've played since first playing cs 1.6

you literally have no arguments, its ok if you dont like it but dont pretend people are getting scammed and people are just buying it because of word of mouth, its a geniunely fun game that is pure gameplay, I know kids on /v/ like to play pokemon and shit where they can jack off to characters and cutscenes but I was always looking for games that gave me fun gameplay, I actually hated the ideea of this game but I gave it a shot and now im hooked, its extremely satisfying to sneak up on someone and take them out with a crossbow or a machete
>>
furthermore, not only are the guns and the kills rewarding, the vehicles are fun as well, as buggy as they are, its very fun to ride a bike or drive a car in this game

literally the only people bitching about it are faggots who dont have the money to try it
>>
>>383218789
>Game development is hard
>/v/ sees this, /v/ assumes scam

nothing new here.
>>
>>383219556
How do you expect to not get burned out by PUBG?
>>
>>383227309
i think he means just that he wont like it after trying it or be disapointed in some way, not that he will burn out after playing it for a while
>>
>>383227309
He means burned by being another early access scam like DAYZ, ARK, and RUST
>>
>>383226992
mmm no
its early access scam
plebs who bought into it need to justify their purchase

its going to be day z 2.0
and youre excuse of "moneys worth" doesn't justify the game never releasing,

this whole rationale trying to justify money spent is why PC gaming is trash and will always be trash
>>
what is even the point of slapping on an early access label?

do developers think that they can use that as a shitty excuse for whenever a game breaking bug gets discovered?
>>
>>383227720
It can't be dayz because this shit is actualy fun
>>
>push release date so they can continue to work on it
>DURR HURR WE WUZ RITE

Goddamn /v/ is fucking retarded more than usual this week. Besides what does EA and Release even differentiate anymore?
>>
>>383227720
>this whole rationale trying to justify money spent is why PC gaming is trash and will always be trash
winner winner chicken dinner
>>
>>383226365
>I guess I've just outgrown the medium, since I haven't seen a single game worth playing in the past decade.
It's about time you realized that you're either a bitter humorless fuck, or you simply don't care about video games anymore.
>>
I don't get this.
I mean I'm not defending the game in particular.
But incomplete garbage is released everyday as a "finished" product. Whethet they keep the early access tag on or not the actual status and playability of the game is no different.
>>
early access is just a label.

The game is fun, has new updates constantly and has a huge community guaranteeing it will not be dead anytime soon.

Don't honestly understand the criticism the game gets in these threads
>>
>>383218789
>for another year

>people will actually believe this
>>
>>383220229
But that's wrong
>>
>>383228870
He's
correct.
>>
>>383226992
Same nigga, I tried DayZ on Arma when it first was a thing but it was too slow and buggy.

PubG takes all the dumb boring shit out of DayZ and just gives you the fun. The best part of this game is that it's a new match every time, no muh progression. Equal starts, just scavenge and survive.
>>
>>383228926
No it's just flat out, demonstrably wrong
The game hasn't been in ea for 6 months
>>
>>383228273
Shitposters gonna shitpost
>>
>>383228757
A lot of riff raff comes to the board just to shitpost. There's a whole bunch of reasons for the criticism. Pick your poison:

>people who don't really play games and just want to fit in.
>people who can't afford decent PCs and expect every game to cater to their 6+ year old hardware.
>people with no friends who resent multiplayer games.
>people who aren't good at engaging with a community and its meta so they resent the game.
>people who just aren't good at the game and are bent over not winning a match yet.
>people who are insensitive to atmosphere in games and think about games solely by their mechanics and nothing else.
>>
>>383228757

It's from people who literally haven't played it and refuse to watch a stream to see gameplay.

Notice all the comparisons to DayZ in this thread, when the game is nothing like it. But it just gets it because of an "early access" and "survival" tag.
>>
>>383219804
Sorry, but how the fuck are you supposed to be friendly in PUBG? The goal is literally to kill each other. Maybe you should stick to storytelling games like Gone Home
>>
>>383229168
you're such a newfag it hurts, early access has always been a scam.
>>383229427
this game is just dayz without zombies.

If you play this game you are nu-/v/ trash and need to kill yourself.
>>
>>383229168
Idiot shill
>>
>>383218789
Shocking news, early access is like an excuse for making shitty unfinished game. Why even bother.
>>
>>383229538
What's the scam exactly? The game is already good.
>>
>>383229168
Good post.

I think if people were a bit more objective and understood that some games might just not be for them or fit their own tastes and accepted that, we would have a lot better discussion on here.
>>
>>383229453

see >>383229427

Someone who doesn't understand what the game is but shitposts about it on /v/

>>383229538
Yeah if you also remove food/drink survival mechanics, add in additional modes with teams, and add a winning premise and remove any way to spawn camp/grief.
>>
This thread is full of reddit faggots and nufags. leave.
>>
>>383229168
You forgot the biggest group
>mentally 15 year olds who do nothing but repeat tghe opinions they think they ought to have to gather max /v/-cred
>>
>>383229820
I hope you are implying the redditors and the nufags are the ones who actually bought PUBG.
>>
>>383221038
So literally H1Z1? I've seen some streamers play it. It's fun to watch but not to play.
>>
>>383226487

h1z1 shits on pubg in cosmetics
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.