[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember all the hype? Remember Japan Time? What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: brawl_1024.jpg (723KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
brawl_1024.jpg
723KB, 1024x768px
Remember all the hype? Remember Japan Time?

What went wrong?
>>
It was quite a trip
>>
>megaman is gonna be in
>they announce snake
>oh fuck yes, megaman is definitely in!
>sonic leaked
>aww yeaaah, now leak megaman pls!
>in the end there was no megaman

>megaman finally in S4
>make it hard to play
>it takes like 2 years of patches to make it not suck so bad
>>
>>383218706
Dumbass no one expected Megaman to be in until Snake got in
>>
>>383218460
>extensive adventure mode
>good roster
>final smashes hype as fuck
>best underwear we are ever going to see on peach
Sorry about your tournaments, but I had fun
>>
>>383219631
>extensive adventure mode
And it was still worse than Melee adventure mode but at least it had co-op this time
>good roster
Not really
>final smashes hype as fuck
Nah, most of them are the same shit as well with either "cinematic instant kill" or "move around the stage while in a super powered form"
>best underwear we are ever going to see on peach
True
>>
I'LL BE THE MARTH
>>
Sm4sh has a better roster and I really hope they only add to it rather than take away but an adventure or subspace mode is needed, the event games were fun but Smash Run and the board game were meh.
>>
>>383218460
Besides the fact that ICs and MK were broken, nothing went wrong. This game was pure bliss and extremely fun both casually and competitively.
>>
>>383218460
>Remember all the hype?

It got overhyped which was part of the problem besides stuff like random tripping being it it.

>>383220365
>but Smash Run and the

What's wrong with Smash Run? It blows Smash Tour so far away, in comparison. It actually tried to have more Nintendo enemy variety unlike SSE.
>>
>>383218460
Tripping was the dumbest shit ever.
>>
>>383220528
Smash Run, although better than tour, just felt like a gimmick along with the equipment you could put on characters. It just wasn't adventure mode.
>>
>>383220528
Smash Run was very good, but limited by the 3DS such as not being able to see or interact with other players. I honestly don't buy the idea that Sakurai only wanted to make the game for the 3DS at first, I'm sure it was an idea that came in early development when it became apparent Wii U wasn't selling or gaining traction at all..
>>
>>383218460
nothing, its the best game in the series.
>>
>>383219631
>no upskirts in Smash 4
Fuck you too, Sakurai
>>
>>383219953
>And it was still worse than Melee adventure mode
I hope you're not serious. Adventure mode in Melee had no redeeming qualities. Subspace Emissary wore thin pretty fast, but it least it added something of worth to the equation rather than being a strictly inferior version of classic mode.
>>
>>383221651
>Adventure mode in Melee had no redeeming qualities

Replayability.
>>
I'm sorry you're a Melee tryhard. This was a great game, and had the best music and roster in the series.
The only real flaw I would give it is that the online was shit.
>>
>>383221993
Is there a single person who actually likes brawl after everyone unanimously agreed that Project M was the definitive way to play it?
>>
File: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.png (113KB, 249x176px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.png
113KB, 249x176px
>>
>>383222757
I liked Brawl. I played it for years with my friends, all items on, stages on random.

The patrician child's way to play.
>>
>>383223080
Yes.

Now do that with Project M for two hours, and then go back to brawl.

And see if anyone wants to play brawl
>>
>>383222757
Minus is way better
>>
>>383221787
>Replayability.
If you want to replay something, why not Break the Targets? Or some of the events? Both of those are way more fun and interesting than adventure mode. The fact it's "replayable" doesn't mean shit if there's no value to playing it in the first place.
>>
>>383223801
Uh.. there's no value to playing Subspace Emissary? It has no substance and terrible level/enemy design.

Melee adventure mode has a superior aesthetic and a better pacing as well as better level design
>>
>>383223936
Which of the non playable character enemies in Melee adventure mode was good? None of them. On top of that, you effectively ignored them. It was like a long loading time between stages of classic mode. Level design? I don't see it. Mario stage: walk right. Zelda stage: would feel right at home in Subspace Emissary. Metroid stage: jump to the platform above you. F Zero stage: run right, jump on platform, wait. There's nothing to be had. I'll give you the aesthetic bit, and if by "pacing" you mean "it's done before you notice how bad it is" I'll give you that too. I don't think Subspace Emissary was good by a long shot, and it certainly overstayed its welcome more than adventure mode did, but I still think that minute for minute it's better stuff than adventure mode.
>>
>>383218460
Only autists hate Brawl and Smash 4, this games purpose is having fun playing with your friends and family, only try hards use them to feel superior because they have nothing else to be proud of
>>
>>383226005
>people who like things I don't like are autistic
wew
>>
File: 20160419_184007.jpg (23KB, 161x212px) Image search: [Google]
20160419_184007.jpg
23KB, 161x212px
>>383218542
Underrated post.
>>
File: IMG_0046.png (335KB, 1001x601px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0046.png
335KB, 1001x601px
>>383218542
>>383226910
Fucking hell it took me a second
>>
>>383218706
They revealed snake at e3 in the games FIRST trailer, you underaged idiot. No one thought beforehand that they were going to include any 3rd party characters until after Snake showed up and Sonic was revealed much later during Japan Time.
>>
>Hype
You answered your question. What we saw was different from what we played. Brawl did what it was supposed to, but by Smash 4, the hyped died down and a rift between the fandom formed from Melee's competitiveness and Brawl's watered down mechanics. People didn't want to go through that again and be disappointed.
>>
>>383226005
Brawl was a game with infinite potential but Sakurai fucked it up because he personally didn't want the game to have a serious following, and Sakurai himself said so, he wanted it to be a party game. The problem is that it's a competitive game where the developers didn't want players being in competition with each other. They didn't want personal skill to be a part of the game, and shit like tripping, slower movement, floaty gravity, and instant kill final smashes (which are cool but just as dumb as rage come-back meter in tekken) just made the game have zero competitive weight to it.

And I'm not talking about esports when i refer to competition, but the was no reason to care about playing with friends and getting better when the game itself decided to not want to be a skill-oriented game.
>>
what magical time that was
>>
File: megamanconfirmed.jpg (62KB, 481x902px) Image search: [Google]
megamanconfirmed.jpg
62KB, 481x902px
>>383218706
>>
>>383218460
No game will ever be able to match its hype, especially if it's as big as Brawl.
It was good, sure but people were a bit disappointed thanks to Japan time and tripping.
Subspace wasn't that good either, don't get me wrong it was alright but all the cutscenes and "story" was just a waste. I was hoping for an extended/fleshed out Adventure mode, which was the initial plan for Subspace but the focus went to the wrong parts.

tl;dr
Brawl couldn't match Japan Time hype but was good.
It was a magical time
>>
File: fuck off carlos.gif (775KB, 400x293px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off carlos.gif
775KB, 400x293px
>>383218542
>>
That 2006 trailer was some good shit.
>>
File: sakuraicomic.png (236KB, 831x3927px) Image search: [Google]
sakuraicomic.png
236KB, 831x3927px
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.