[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not a nostalgia-fag and definitely not trying to be elitist,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg (104KB, 256x295px) Image search: [Google]
Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg
104KB, 256x295px
Not a nostalgia-fag and definitely not trying to be elitist, but does Demon's Souls "feel" better than Dark Souls for anyone else? It feels much more responsive, the controls and menus are more intuitive, animations are smoother. And before you talk about frame-rate, I played DaS first before DeS on PC at 60 and everything still feels so sluggish compared to when I played DeS on Ps3. I'm not exactly sure what wizardry is at work here. I was honestly surprised at first. I thought DeS was going to be a fucking nightmare, but I was genuinely surprised to see how buttery smooth everything was. It all helped make it a better experience than DaS, which I was not expecting.
>>
I think you're reacting to stuff like wind up time on whatever weapons you chose, rather than actual performance difference.
I pretty sure DeS is generally a much quicker game in that department, at least it was for me.

This was why I immediately hated DaS2. Everything is WAY too sluggish for me.
>>
>>383213337
>feels much more responsive, the controls and menus are more intuitive, animations are smoother.
you're thinking DaS3
>>
>>383213337
I know exactly what you're talking about. DeS just has a certain smoothness that DaS lacked. I played DeS and DaS when they came out and the moment I gained control of my character in DaS it just didn't feel right. DaS2 was even worse in this regard, I actually didn't even play it for more than a couple of hours because it felt so sluggish and choppy. Thank goodness BB and DaS3 are nice and smooth.
>>
>>383213337
When DS1 first came out the biggest complaint was it's unresponsiveness.

In DeS you can cancel attacks mid way with a roll. Not so much DS. You can also switch directions mid attack in DeS, making the lock on a after thought after you gain some more experience. in DaS you're stuck with it and it becomes a fishing for backstab game. in DeS, it's a true rolling and poking game.
>>
I also like DeS more than DaS, but it definitely has its own set of problems that I'd love to see fixed in a remaster:
Add in some form of poise - fist weapons are nearly unusable in some portions.
Simplify and expand world/character tendency.
Simplify and slightly balance upgrade paths.
Omni-directional rolling while locked on needs to be patched in.
>>
>>383213337
I know what you mean. I think part of it is that in DeS there's a sort of rigidness to everything while in DaS there's a lot more movement in the animations.
>>
Subtle bait thread.
>>
>>383214414
>Poking
>Not doing rolling attacks that sweep the floor and leave sparks in their trail
>>
The hub world was amazing. Sporting the original best boy of the souls series. Stockpile Thomas.
>>
>>383213337
I like the style and design in DeS much more than in DS.
>>
>>383213337
Nah man. Everything feels much more floaty for me. Plus I get stored rolls out the ass, and on more than a few occasions I held down the button to run & dodged backwards.
>>
I just like the Medieval and sometimes drab setting. Dark Souls takes you all over the place with colourful light fantasy.
>>
DeS is the best in the series in my opinion, but i know when it comes to a technical stand point it falls short to the others in the series, but its still my favorite, something about the atmosphere, and odd gameplay mechanic thats werent seen to often in games around the time make it stand out to me. Also no i never watched mathewmetosis or whatever his name is, i was accused of that last time. The only /v/ shill youtuber i know of is crowbcat
>>
It feels quicker because you move quicker (unarmored) and weapons have less startup in general.
>>
>>383213337
Nah I'm with you, except I played DaS on ps3 where it ran like utter horse shit
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.