[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

don't mind me, just posting the best game to come out this year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: skirmish siblings.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
skirmish siblings.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
don't mind me, just posting the best game to come out this year
>>
BATTUL BRUTHAS
THERE IS NOH TIME TO B LOST
>>
>>383212967
It's pretty great. I don't know how to attack other mercs or towns though. I want to do a bandit playthrough.

Also the lategame undead crisis activated and I definitely don't have good enough shit to deal with it.
>>
>>383212967
What is this and why should I care?
>>
File: Orc Strongholds.jpg (394KB, 1920x1004px) Image search: [Google]
Orc Strongholds.jpg
394KB, 1920x1004px
>>383212967
It is a great game, yes

>>383213192
Dont use archers against undead. They invite Necrosavant/vampires to slaughter them. Have one Brother with the rally ability so you can stop your fleeing brothers from being slaughtered by Geists

>>383213231
If you like tabletop games, low fantasy, and difficult gameplay even in the late game then you will enjoy this game. Even if you beat one Great Crisis - Noble Wars, Undead Incursion, or Green Skin Invasion - the other two will eventually spawn.
>>
>>383213192
Ctrl+click to attack neutrals. There's a reason bands of wandering pillagers in the irl middle ages weren't common though, you'll turn a third of the map hostile to you if you go picking fights without justification, and an average group of men at arms will kick your ass unless you're hardcore. And as for the undead, you're in for a rough time. Like the other anon said if you don't watch out for necrosavants you're going to suffer.

I've been thinking that if any expansion would be appropriate for Battle Brothers it would be an evil campaign, either as Brigands or one of the evil crisis factions. Being able to tear through knights and militia as a greenskin mob would be awesome.

>>383213231
imo it's one of the best turn based strategy games since the original X-Com. It's got the balance between management and combat depth just right and the setting and presentation are fantastic.
>>
>>383214205
I really wanted a necromancer expansion where you start with a necromancer and go around raising and upgrading your undead. Would fit the format really well.

Unfortunately the devs have said they are done with the game and won't be making more content for it.
>>
>>383212967
I'm not sure how to play this game.

On normal I just went with a spearmen wall+various ranged with maybe some polearms to obliterate anything that got close to me. Nothing seemed to stand a chance. Then I started getting into huge battles with like 20 units on each side and the turns took fucking FOREVER and it got pretty boring.

But when I tried the hardest difficulty I just got my ass handed to me. Like, I'd zone into a map and from out of line of sight some bandit archer standing on a ledge would headshot one of my archers who were hiding behind a guy with a shield and instantly kill him. And bullshit like that would happen so frequently I never managed to make enough money to buy good enough equipment to keep my guys alive through shit like that. Especially as they kept asking for more and more outrageous wages as they kept leveling up. Eventually I went bankrupt and things went to shit.

Now I don't really wanna start over again after 19 hours of gameplay.

Got some tips for a retard like myself if I do start another company?
>>
>>383214996
Veteran difficulty ironman is the ideal difficulty to play the game on, but they've patched in modifiers so you can make the economics easier if that's crippling you. As for combat, shieldwalls are vital like you said you were doing, and spears are also good for defense but low on killing power. What's most important early game is to be constantly gaining strength, only pick fights you can confidently win without casualties so that you don't hemorrhage money paying for new recruits and equipment. Good equipment you can mostly get safely from Brigand Raiders provided that you engage them in limited numbers, armour is tougher but if you get a few towns to like you and always check in marketplaces for a suit of battered mail you can power-creep steadily.

It sounds like you're having more money trouble than anything else, as a general rule don't buy weapons, hire 12 decent people at first and then wait until mid/late game before investing in the really strong recruits and just learn how to roam around getting good contracts by playing more. The ones where they ask you to hunt gangs of thieves are ideal because they have loot you can sell if not use and they're easy reputation boosts. I started so long ago that I don't actually remember what the noob traps in this game are.

A good general rule of thumb is to never engage enemy parties armed with ranged weapons while the sun is up unless you have great shields and armour and superior ranged power.
>>
It really fucking sucks that the devs decided to stop updating this, it seemed like the perfect platform to add loads more great stuff on to.
>>
>>383214996
One thing you can do to guarantee yourself money for the early game is to restart a few times until you get a nice map.

Something with loads of towns in the middle you can travel between easily and some resources you can trade, gems and dyes mainly as they're the most expensive. The student and gifted perks are also huge to get that early bump in power so you can start to snowball.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.