[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that Hyper Light

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: Hyper Light Drifter NG+.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Hyper Light Drifter NG+.webm
3MB, 800x450px
Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that Hyper Light Drifter was a good game?
>>
No matter how good the game is, it's still shit for stealing Evangelion artwork for promotional purposes even though they have basically nothing to do with the game.
>>
>>383191054
>Evangelion artwork
what?
>>
It was ok. Expected more from it. Its obscure storytelling didn't help it and while the world was beautiful nothing very interesting was done with it. Great combat tho.
>>
File: TitanWallpaperPic.png (137KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TitanWallpaperPic.png
137KB, 1920x1080px
>>383191124
this was one of the most prominent promotional images from the game. It's a cutscene from like the start of the game, and you see the ruins of these giant robot dudes scattered around the game world
>>
>>383191124
It's a meme, just ignore it.

>>383190034
One of few kickstarter games that actually turned out decent.
>>
File: hyper light drifter.png (492KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
hyper light drifter.png
492KB, 1600x900px
>>383191353
>>
>>383190034
It's okay. It's really the whole thing about secrets just being hidden oldschool FPS style that annoyed the shit out of everyone.
>>
File: HLD_Screenshot_01_mech_1080.png (140KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HLD_Screenshot_01_mech_1080.png
140KB, 1920x1080px
>>383191192
>It was ok. Expected more from it
so did the devs apparently. There was a lot of shit from the kickstarter that didn't make it into the final game.

like these mechs
>>
File: qJSu33b[1].jpg (760KB, 1920x4877px) Image search: [Google]
qJSu33b[1].jpg
760KB, 1920x4877px
>>383191124
>>383191390
>blatantly similar artwork
>devs state that they were inspired by Nausicaa and mecha anime (Evangelion is a mecha anime and its director worked on Nausicaa)
>meme
lol
>>
File: yes and.jpg (36KB, 114x186px) Image search: [Google]
yes and.jpg
36KB, 114x186px
>>383192027
>>
>>383192107
You seem confused, anon. You made a dumb post, I was simply pointing out your mistake.
>>
>>383192027
this is blatant strawpicking

half of those are beta shots of shit that isnt in the final game, and the rest, outside of the titan design itself, bears little resemblance to your scenes
>>
>>383192248
it's still a meme. "HURRDURR ITS SHIT BECAUSE ITS MECHS ARE INSPIRED BY EVANGELION MECHS"

tons of shit was inspired by Evangelion. It was kind of a big deal. kind of like how tons of movies did and STILL do- the ripples in the water thing from Jurassic Park, or mimic the fucking jaws shark approach scene
>>
All of the secrets are the boring "hug every wall" type and all the cut content is inexcusable.
>>
>>383192263
>shit that isnt in the final game
That's the problem. They literally just ripped stuff from Evangelion to make the game seem more interesting than it was.
>>
I got to the crystal place and stopped playing there since I had no idea how to progress through the dungeon.
>>
I tried when it released and I could only bear one dungeon with the shitty frame limit. Haven't tried it again after the 60fps patch but I remember the game being decent enough.
>>
>>383192595
are you autistic? because you might be autistic.

the dev made shit inspired by evangelion, such as that ONE enemy, and those mechs.

the enemy was cut from the game.

the mechs are part of the game's lore and environment. they aren't just a one and done cutscene, they are literally all over the game world. one ruined mech corpse per area, actually.

in fact, there's even an entire level, that is supposed to be some kind of ruined factory for these things, or some kind of lab, featuring parts of those mechs lying around in tanks
>>
>>383193216
>plaster it all over your marketing, including a shot of the hero standing up to an army of them
>they're glorified trees
epic
>>
>>383193824
>a dev should never market the cool looking parts of the game, such as clips from cutscenes and shots of the environment, just the boring parts because otherwise it triggers me
you're loads of fun
>>
>>383192470
>"hug every wall"

I guess you didn't notice the convenient markers
>>
>>383195271
not him, but there were markets?
>>
>>383197735
Almost everywhere there's a secret, there is a small square on the ground indicating the invisible walkway or walk-through wall.
Just make sure to remember where the key doors are, that makes treasure hunting less painful.
>>
>>383199148
gonna have to take a look at that
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.