[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished installing custom firmware on my 3ds, and holy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: HRG1u8T.png (15KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
HRG1u8T.png
15KB, 400x240px
Just finished installing custom firmware on my 3ds, and holy shit have I been missing out
>>
Explain
>>
>>383188537
He just finished installing custom firmware on his 3ds, and holy shit he has been missing out
>>
File: Bunnyslap.jpg (27KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
Bunnyslap.jpg
27KB, 630x630px
>>383188949
>>
can anyone confirm what firmware new 3DS XLs run right now

gonna buy one off amazon, but I wanna know if I have to use the game cart method for 11.4 or not
>>
>>383189519
rude
>>
>>383188468
me too

pirating games is so much fun.
>>
>>383188949
>>383189519

Elaborate. What does it allow him to do that he couldn't before? What did the process entail? That kind of thing.
>>
>>383189563
I bought a New 3DS XL at my local store (the galaxy-colored one) and it came with 11.3, so I did the hack with the music player.

>>383189627
A hacked 3DS can pretty much play any 3DS game, as well as a shitload of emulated games.

Same OP and I've been playing a shitload of Pocket Card Jockey
>>
>>383189627
He can now
-Install games 4 free
-Install themes
-Use patches and hacks
etcetera
>>
>>383190372
>>383190418
Would I still be able to play online stuff without any trouble?
>>
>>383190781
Yep, 3DS can't tell if it's legit or not.

Though it's probably a good idea to turn off the feature where the 3DS reports what games it's playing
>>
>>383190781
tl;dr version: maybe. There's a chance Nintendo might ban you from using online, Netflix and Youtube. Nobody knows for sure why they choose certain users though

In case you don't care about Pokeymons or Mario Kart just do it.
>>
>>383189627
free games
region-free games
installing user made patches for games (mhxx will never get a port so people are dubbing it themselves)
better save management
anything that didn't already can use the n3ds's better processor now
>>
>>383190971
>>383190975
Cool. All i care about is Smash, but even if i get banned Im sure the switch version is just around the corner
>>
>>383190781
if you do something extremely obvious like going online while you're breaking the street date, you get banned from friend code/NNID features

you can fix the friend code features easily, allowing you to play games online again, and the only thing the NNID ban effects is the eshop, which you would be circumventing regardless
>>
But the library is terrible
>>
>>383191686
it gets a lot better when you stop paying $40 apiece and start trying games

i've had a good time with like 90% of my picks but if you don't want to spend money on a handheld i'd understand
>>
>>383191915
I own one and have tried many games. The only game I liked was New Leaf
>>
>>383191986
if your only positive experience was a friend simulator you need to understand you can't have an opinion on the entire library

new leaf was a great friend simulator, to be sure, but your standards are only good enough to curate that genre
>>
>>383192619
It was actually a terrible friend simulator. Worst dialog in the series.
>>
Can it play NDS roms without too much fuckery yet?
>>
>>383193942
no
get a flashcart
>>
>>383193942
No, but my shitty old NDS flashcart works with CFW.
>>
>>383195793
other anaon here
so can you have both
>>
>>383195912
You can play whatever 3DS games on a CFW 3DS. If you want to play DS games on a CFW 3DS, you need an NDS flashcart, but the 3DS CFW makes old NDS flashcarts work.
>>
>>383195793
That's interesting, my 3DS is now being repaired because of course the asian jew made faulty charger socket and the whole thing won't start without that, but as soon as I get it back I'm gonna CFW it.
You can CFW straight out of 4.2 right?
I had gateway on it.
>>
>>383196154
Here's a step by step guide of what to do to get on the latest CFW:
https://3ds.guide/
>>
New install here OP, 16 games installed so far on my 32gb microsd. I bought a new galaxy edition n3dsxl and it came with 11.2.0-35U.
>>
>>383196403
thanks
>>
File: thinking.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
53KB, 256x256px
What decent games have been released this year? The only thing that I can think of is Ever Oasis but it didn't have an eshop release.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.