[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best PSP RPGs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: psp.jpg (68KB, 1200x681px) Image search: [Google]
psp.jpg
68KB, 1200x681px
just picked up a psp, thinking about picking up some rpgs. What are your favorites?
>>
>>383186275
There are various types of RPGs, what exactly are you looking for?
>>
>>383186275
Ragnarok Tactics
Jeanne d'Arc
Wild Arms XF
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
Crimson Gem Saga
Brave Story: New Traveler
Hexyz Force
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky 2
Breath of Fire III
Lunar Silver Star Harmony
Star Ocean First Departure
Tales of Eternia
Gurumin
Disgaea
>>
I'm mostly a turn based/SRPG person
>>
>>383188303
>The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
>The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky 2

Difference between this and PC?
>>
>>383186275
check the wiki list for some decent games
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/PSP
>>
>>383188303
These, plus
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
Ys series
La Pucelle: Ragnarok
Makai Kingdom Portable
ZHP
Valkyria Chronicles 2
Valkyria Chronicles 3
>>
>>383189153
You can play on the toilet, train, bus, your mother's funeral.
>>
>>383186275
I know I'm not really contributing to the thread but the fact that you still see the PSP appear on /v/ at least once a month is proof enough that it is the GOAT console. Every anon should own one.
>>
>>383189153
Few. PC has HD options but most assets are low res anyway. I think PC also has some extra additions but it's very minor, the kind you would never miss.
>>
>>383188432
These are the JRPGs I'd recommend.
Tactics Ogre: LUCT - Iconic TRPG, some annoyances added to this version but the great writing more than makes up for it. Although not particularly well balanced the game is still fun to play.
Valkyria Chronicles 3 - "trpg" where enemies shoot at you when you're moving your units, not sure how to describe it. Much better gameplay balance than the first game but the maps are generally made up of recycled segments.
Ys Oath in Felghana (also on PC) - more of an action/adventure game but worth mentioning
Trails in the Sky (also on PC) - Turn based RPG with lots of writing, world is very well developed. Gameplay isn't really stimulating but there are some good points like moving in battle and customizing build with orbments.
Yggdra Union - TRPG with very unique combat system (also on GBA; download a save file to start on hard mode if playing on PSP)
Wild Arms XF - TRPG with good class system and level design leading to puzzle-like battles (for about half the game, then it gets repetitive due to broken classes. Also the story sucks).
Persona 2 - Turn based RPG with good characters and interesting story, unfortunately the gameplay is simple and easy while also being somewhat clunky. Random battles aplenty.
Growlanser IV - my personal favourite. The battle system is kind of like RTwP, you have orbs to equip that teach skills and provide bonuses so you can customize your builds, the map design for each battle is considerably varied so you'll find different tactics effective in different situations, the story includes various cliches but the focus is generally on the people and countries rather than ancient evils and stuff, the characters are memorable and locations are comfy.
>>
>>383192146
If only because it's so easily hackable. If it weren't for that it wouldn't be the case, I think. Having a great portable PS1 is nice.
>>
>>383192904
true, sony really fucked up locking down the vita so much.
>>
>>383192146
But PPSSPP is god tier, you don't need an actual PSP
>>
P3P
>>
>>383186275
>>383187968
>>383189153
>>383191995
>>383192146

>using reddit punctuation
kill yourselves
>>
>>383193463
>reddit spacing
>not caring about punctuation
>using greentext for anything other than quoting
You have to go back.
>>
>>383193713
>implying I used reddit spacing
>more reddit punctuation
kys newfag
>>
>>383193713
Why did you reply to that post? What did you expect to accomplish?
>>
Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Tag Force Special
>>
>>383192146
This anon is right.

I have two, my old trusty PSP-2000 I bought in 2008 and a MonHun 3rd edition I bought last year in Japan.

I don't have a PSP Go, what am I missing out?
>>
>>383195616
>I don't have a PSP Go, what am I missing out?
PSP Go is comfy but there's no microSD adapters for the memory card type it uses and you'll probably want more than the 16GB internal. It also has bluetooth for PS3 controllers.
>>
>>383195616
>I don't have a PSP Go, what am I missing out?
Not much other than cramped hands.
>>
>>383193247
I can't play while comfy in bed or while on the go
>>
>>383197186
>what is a smart phone
>>
>>383197401
>touch controls
>>
>>383197401
>playing on a shitty touchscreen and killing your battery at the same time
This has to be bait
>>
>>383197464
>>383197478
Not him, but I played a lot of MHP3rd on my phone with a ps3 controller. Comfy af.
>>
>>383197478
stop buying shitty smartphones then
>>383197464
>what is a blue tooth controller
>>
>>383197401
I tried ppsspp on a Huawei P8 lite and an ASUS ZenFone 3 Laser and is shit. I couldn't play games like FF II or Pacman World.
>>
>>383197401
>linking touchscreen controls
and who are you, gay?
>>
What does /v/ think of Gungnir? Everytime I pick it up, I complete one battle and drop it.
>>
>>383197843
>>383197881
>don't carry around a PSP, carry around an even bulkier controller as well!
>>
>>383198245
I only played in bed. I use my vita when I'm out and about.
>>
Get Breath of Five IV. I've been playing on my Vita and it's great.

Also get Legend of Legaia.
>>
>>383186275
A must play, even if it has its flaws
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.