[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blizzard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 16

File: Blizzard_Entertainment_Logo.svg.png (95KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
Blizzard_Entertainment_Logo.svg.png
95KB, 1200x630px
Has there been a bigger fall from grace?
>>
File: 1431001779000.png (22KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1431001779000.png
22KB, 800x600px
>>383178695
Blizzard was never good so I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to imply.
>>
>>383178695
They're still popular as fuck, regardless of the quality of the stuff they produce, so I'm pretty sure someone can think of another company/developer who crashed a lot harder.
>>
>>383178895
They made warcraft 3 bro

fucking warcraft 3
>>
Starcraft
Starcraft: Brood War
Diablo 2
Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction
Warcraft 3
Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne
World of Warcraft

Is there a single streak of video games as good as this?

Answer:
fuck no But i fucking despise nu-blizzard
>>
>>383181464
What exactly do you hate about them?
>>
>>383182007
overwatch is shit and what they turned wow into is a fucking disgrace
>>
>>383178695
>fall from grace?
>still one of the most popular and financially successful companies in the industry
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>383182232
>overwatch is shit
A lot of people like it. Do you really hate a whole company because they have a game you don't like?
>>
>>383182523
yes, none of koei's games are unforgivably bad, so I love them even if they have some shit games in the catalog because the company in its current state offers more in terms of creativity than major publishers
>>
>>383182673
what is your bar for "bad game" if Overwatch is "unforgivably" bad.
>>
>>383182673
>koei's games are unforgivably bad
Lmao, what's so "unforgivably bad" about any of Blizzard's games?

Also I don't know why you're saying something like "X isn't as good as Y, so I don't like X"
Judge X for what it is.
>>
>>383182673
that is still you complaining about something not catering to you anymore, i.e. false entitlement.

An adult would acknowledge that he outgrew blizzard and move on.
>>
Wasn't BioWare liked rather well once upon a time?
>>
>>383178695
John Romero will forever be the biggest fall.
>>
>>383182523
not that anon but.
activision blizzard is hemmoraging the last remaining bits of talent it has left. once their tcg division drops the profits and overwatch dies I predict a hilarious downward spiral in quality.

i really wanted to get into overwatch. a friend got me a copy, so me and the squad could play it together, but I couldnt fucking stand it. it feels like the worst parts of nu-LoL mashed with the worst parts of TF2. it's shiny, polished and has touhou-grade fapbait, so it's bound to be popular, but it's p telling that they dont have any ideas of their own underneath that.
>>
>>383183338
>activision blizzard is hemmoraging the last remaining bits of talent it has left. once their tcg division drops the profits and overwatch dies I predict a hilarious downward spiral in quality.
One of the most retarded statements i'v ever heard, makes sense though with your non-critique of Overwatch.
>>
>>383182007
not him but basically they stopped making great games and instead started making pretty slot-machines directly pandering to masses
Seems like they didn't realize that themselves since they are pushing """competitive""" overshit and HS this hard
>>
>>383183338
overwatch would only die if tigole left and that's never going to happen
>>
rareware
>>
>>383178695
Valve's will be bigger when it happens
>>
>>383183589
...do you like Valve? If no, good on you, at least you're consistent.
>>
>>383183905
yes, they took ideas from Valve definitely
And took it to the next level of jewness with OW
>>
>>383184101
>took it to the next level of jewness with OW
how?
>>
File: Blizzardearningscall.png (132KB, 957x715px) Image search: [Google]
Blizzardearningscall.png
132KB, 957x715px
>>383184101
Worked out pretty well.
>>
>>383183338
I don't really understand, there wasn't really any game actually like Overwatch before it was released unless I'm mistaken. Sure, you can say it has a lot of elements from a lot of other genres and game, but that's how most creativity is, and you'd be struggling to find ANY game, movie, book, painting, cooking, political ideals, that had no referneces or inspiration from earlier iterations, after the early ages of that area.

I'd hope that I wasn't sharing a board with people who can't understand that people might like games that they don't, and won't resort to tottally flinging shit about it and claiming the only way anyone else could possibly like it was because of fap-bait.

But then there's this guy,
>>383183589
Who doesn't really actually say... anything at all, except what looks to be the shallow part of critism people usually do before people actually start digging deep, but of course, in true moronic fashion, this guy stops there. It's the same with most people you see bashing Blizzard, it's the same reused, tired old lines that has no depth. No one actually explains their feelings, no one gives point, they just throw a line out, on purely subjective matters most of the time, and think that means everything about the company is horrible.
>>
File: 1402523131744.gif (799KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
1402523131744.gif
799KB, 200x189px
>>383178695
>MFW THAT DUMB BITCH JAINA CONFIRMED TO BE A TRAITOROUS WHORE.

"Varimathras: So, your Alliance still endures. Longer than I expected, though she has already planted the seeds of its downfall. She is patient, that one.
Varimathras: When your thrones run red with betrayal... when your holy places burn and the shattered mask hangs above your hearth... only then you will know. And it will be too late.
Varimathras: It matters not. You are blind to the true darkness closing in around you."

Horde Fag here you guys are getting fucked.
>>
>>383184443
p2p game with microtransactions out of the ass
now EVERYONE is trying to do it
>>
>>383178695

Your picture is outdated
>>
>>383184543
>shallow part of the critism
well, individual skill doesn't matter
horrible marketing practice that i don't want to support
that's enough for me to disregard Blizzard games completely
>>
>>383184612
>microtransactions out of the ass
lootboxes that only drop cosmetics that you can get for free by playing the game. What else am I forgetting bout to make it "out the ass"
>>
>>383183524
i dont want to play every match like I'm taking an exam, anon. overwatch is a game where every single design choice browbeats you into a little obedient teamslave. i can drop in and out of almost any other fps for quick stress-free sessions, meanwhile OW doesn't even have player servers, no modding, no dropping in or out and if your team composition isn't minmaxed then you're just gonna have a bad time all around. it's a game that's designed to breed esports, when esports on casual level is fucking cancer. i was very specific when comparing it to nu-LoL and I'm pretty sure any reader who was playing it from the beta on remembers when it was far less autistic about character classes (remember ap yi back when fun was allowed?), warding, jungling, neutral buffs, absolutely fucking cluttered active item designs and champs that are literally, overtly designed for esports-grade fighting game autism (that is literally what they said they were going for with riven, and thats where it all started to go downhill).
>>
>>383184736
>well, individual skill doesn't matter
It most certainly does. This is like saying "My vote doesn't matter, since it's only one vote". Not sure why you'd be angry about not being able to carry every game in a team game anyway, to me, the ability to do that at similar levels would point to bad game balancing.

>horrible marketing practice that i don't want to support
Respectable choice. Although you're going to need to back up your claims there.
>>
>>383184543
>there wasn't really any game actually like Overwatch before it was released
It's literally Quake with LoL skillsets and TF2 match structure are you retarded.
>>
>>383178695
>fall from grace?
This used to be a sign of quality good games.
>>
Blizzard was always casual fodder with the uncanny exception of Warcraft 3. Broodwar was always the game people would turn to when they couldn't hang on actual competitive games. That's not to say their games were bad. But they were always casual. I don't really see a fall from grace.
>>
>>383184736

It's a team game, so individual skill does matter. If you're not healing as a healer, hitting shots as a DPS or positioning yourself well you're not filling your role and your team will suffer. If one of your team isn't filling their role, you can use your individual skill to pick up some of the slack.

Agreed about the trash tier marketing. Loot boxes is monetizing a paid product which I feel is bad business practice no matter how well it's implemented. I could see why that would put you off Blizzard but I think you can still have a good game, even if it's plastered in some corporate bullshit.
>>
>>383185245
Did you not read the rest of the post? Are you really so brain dead that you'd replied to a post with a complaint that I already addressed in the same post? Let's be clear right now, you're an idiot.
>>
>>383178695
>Has there been a bigger fall from grace?

I don't know what "fall from grace" is meant to mean here, unless you're talking about selling out to Activision. (FUCK publishers.)

I always admired how Blizzard, even when aping someone else's formula, would still bend over backward to build and expand on a concept that already worked pretty well. They legitimately had the ability to take something others invented and make it their own through relentless cleverness, passion and effort. I mean, for fuck's sake, StarCraft became what it became because the dev team witnessed what they didn't realize at the time was some pre-rendered ION Storm bullshot bullshit, and thought to themselves "WE GOTTA DO BETTER THAN THIS" and then went ahead and DID IT.

But ever since they became king of the MMO hill, millions flowing into their pockets on a monthly basis, it's like they're comfortable not thinking about the future any more and will just rest on their laurels as just another corporate institution. Shame, they were a very inspiring example to newcomers once upon a time...
>>
>>383184951
>"i-its only cosmetics!"
it would be fine if i couldn't buy it with real money
that's just retarded and greedy as fuck
plus, as far as i know, there a lot of timed shit you can miss if you don't grind like a madman or spent real money, which only idiot would defend.

>>383185104
>It most certainly does
i didn't play OW, but i know people who did.
I played HOTS and it was incredibly boring and unsatisfying
individual skill doesn't matter in neo-blizzard games, that's a fact.
If you think otherwise, that you are the casual crowd Blizz is pandering to and you should stop replying to me with your nonsense
>>
>>383185605
>I didn't play Overwatch but my uncle knows a guy that is in bronze!
Holy shit you are a retard.
>>
>>383185813
stop trying to convince me that there is something in OW worth my time
because there is none
>>
File: Poster v5.jpg (569KB, 765x990px) Image search: [Google]
Poster v5.jpg
569KB, 765x990px
A small reminder that /hsg/ is hosting a HCT Sanctioned NA Wild Tournament starting the 21st of July at 5:00 EDT.

$100 prizepool, games are livestreamed and commentated. The signup deadline is this sunday, so get your entries in.

The tournament gives HCT points for the official Blizzard tournaments. We need just a few more players to meet the requirements.

Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe1XfhvpBIVK8rF8P7_EDddWGq4NmiOH9pYvZ_lu463X3aAKw/viewform
>>
>>383185901
Listen you can look at a game and decide you don't want to play it, that is perfectly fine. But don't pretend like you have a valid opinion on it's quality, it makes you look like a child.
>>
>>383185605

Lets go over the points which prove you're an idiot, who's moaning simplay because he seen the other cool cats on 4chan doing it.

>i didn't play OW, but i know people who did.
You're complaining about a game you haven't even played, because you're friends(Streamers probably, you cuck) apparently don't like it?

>I played HOTS and it was incredibly boring and unsatisfying
>I played another game, by a different dev team, therefore this other game sucks

>individual skill doesn't matter in neo-blizzard games, that's a fact.
No, it's not a fact just because you decided it was. In fact, it's OBJECTIVELY not a fact. A team is made up of single people. These single people act and play the game at their own skill, some will be higher than others, causing key moments in the game to go in their teams favour.

>If you think otherwise, that you are the casual crowd Blizz is pandering to and you should stop replying to me with your nonsense
>If you disagree with me, you're an idiot!!!!!

Every single line you wrote in that post was stupid.
>>
>>383183170
Yes, up until about 2009 or 2010 most people on /v/ and elsewhere had positive opinions on Bioware.
>>
>>383183170
Yeah, until DA2 nearly everywhere really liked them, including /v/. But then they released DA2, TOR and ME3 all in a row and the rest is history.
>>
>>383186095
i played TF2 which is from where blizzard took the ideas for OW and i played Paladins which is copied the OW
I liked TF2 in it's early days and despise Paladins
I think i have enough to form my own opinion about that game without paying 40$
>>383186274
fuck off reddit spacing faggot, i'm not reading that shitsheet
>>
>>383186907
lmao you can't possibly expect anyone to read your shit and not think you're a total fucking retard.
The best bit about it is, you KNOW you're retarded. Deep down you do, you try and lie to yourself, but you know, it's about the only thing you do know, but you do know it.
>>
>>383178695
Given their size they are nowhere near as fucking corporate as other companies in their tier.
>>
>>383187137
This. Not playing the game, not even reading an opinion you might not like. It's like putting your fingers in your ears and screaming 'I'M RIGHT SO I DON'T NEED TO LISTEN'. Not even saying you're wrong to say OW is a bad game, it's just mental how you put that viewpoint across.
>>
>>383178695

>Blizzard sucks now

They have sucked ever since they joined up with Activision and made Diablo 3.
>>
>>383187137
>>383187389
not buying your shitty game blizzard, shoo shoo, go away
>>
>>383179748

Sega
>>
>>383187501
I literally said you were fine to not like OW. It's not a good game. You're just being retarded in explaining why.
>>
>>383187626
>You're just being retarded in explaining why
you're just being retarded by not reading the thread>>383184736
>>
>>383187805
Your post was questioned here >>383186274
You didn't respond to any of it's points.
It's actually quite impressive how stupid you are.
>>
>>383188024
you keep calling me stupid for no reason
do you have problems yourself?
stop projecting
>>
>>383178695
>fall from grace
But nobody beside a vocal minority on /v/ dislikes them
>>
>>383187805
I responded to that one though. So did another anon, and you just started calling him a shill. You're acting like a retard anon.

>>383185483
>>
>>383183170

Bioware was never good I don't care what anyone says.
>>
>>383188083
>for no reason
holy shit. Was having a bad day anon, thanks for making me laugh.
>>
>>383188224
besides offending me, which is the low, you didn't bring a single argument why i'm wrong
also, all thread is me
>>
>>383178695
it's ACTIVITION BLI$$ARD now anon
>>
>>383188349
>"ha-ha!"
yeah, that's what i'm talking about
that's all you have
>>
>>383184635

Is entire thing was retarded.

>Blizzard wasn't it's own company before hand.
>Activision buys them.
>Rename the entire company to Activision Blizzard instead of just keeping one name or creating a new one.
>>
File: 1439801202678.gif (2MB, 323x386px) Image search: [Google]
1439801202678.gif
2MB, 323x386px
>>383185408
DELET THIS please
>>
File: 1356699130029.png (225KB, 800x764px) Image search: [Google]
1356699130029.png
225KB, 800x764px
>>383184635
>>383188420
THIS

REMINDER THAT BOBBY KOTICK IS A JEW

BLIZZARD WAS FINE SOLO
>>
>>383188481
>that's all you have
Yeah, just laughing at your complete moronic posts, and all the other posts made that you've chosen not to address.
>>
>>383188368
What about the arguments I linked you to? I didn't insult you, I said you're acting like a retard. I bet you're a pretty cool guy but if a guy is acting pants on head retarded, what else can you say?
>>
heroes of the storm is good and that's all that matters
>>
>>383188689
Do we think this guy is genuinely autistic or just a troll? Think we're being baited here mate, no one is this bad.
>>
>>383188723
not gonna read that reddit sperging out
>>
File: psycho_mantis_iii_by_tinrobo.jpg (55KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
psycho_mantis_iii_by_tinrobo.jpg
55KB, 640x640px
>>383178695
Nope

Blizzard used to be great an then they merged with Activision and went full Hitler

>Wow turned into shit
>SC2 shit
>Diablo 3 really shit initially. Got a bit better over time
>Hearthstone is shit
>Overwatch is shit
>Heroes of the storm

They went from making nothing but gold to literally can't make any good game
>>
they went away from making great games to making polished games for the masses without depth or complexity

priorities simply shifted to money and profit
>>
>>383182232
It was GOTY though. I still like Blizzard, loved the expansions for SCII and Diablo III.
>>
File: 1386615325801.png (103KB, 196x211px) Image search: [Google]
1386615325801.png
103KB, 196x211px
>>383189152
There is one issue that nobody names, they made bank.
Being shitty made them more money than being quality ever did.
Don't blame Blizzard, don't blame Kotick, don't even blame the jew, blame each and every braindead consumer that spends money on their current franchises.
All of us.
>>
I like all of Blizzard's old and new games. The only exception is Heroes of the storm which feels like a worse LoL. I think overwatch and Hearstone carries on the Blizzard tradition of having games with high expected value. Hearthstone you can play for hundreds of hours with constant updates, free of charge. Overwatch does have an initial fee like most previous blizzard games, but it may contiune to have free updates for another 5 years.

Also warcraft 3 is a far worse compeitive game compared to any of the starcraft games.
>>
>>383189152
I'd say the big bad there was Vivendi from which they later bought themselves away from. Though they seem to have continued their practices of milking money and not doing anything interesting with their IPs
>>
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/128252-a-short-history-of-activision-blizzard-or-how

never forget. this is quite old by now, imagine how much worse it must have gotten with tipple running the ship in that time
>>
>>383189787
>All of us.

All of you, after sc2 I havent spent a single dime on blizzard, they can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>383190519
Im happy to be in the same boat as this guy

Blizzard betrayed my trust so hard that I refuse to support anything they do
>>
File: westwoodstudios[1].png (150KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
westwoodstudios[1].png
150KB, 1600x1200px
Basically define the RTS formula for two decades, get eaten by EA, die.

Between War/Starcraft and Command & Conquer, Westwood and Blizzard basically molded RTS into a successful genre.
>>
>>383190519
>>383190680
>implying sc2 wasn't nu-Blizz
All of us.
>>
>>383191171
I don't blame myself for SC2

>Fool me once shame on you
>>
anything theyve lost, Overwatch has more than made up for. Critically and monetarily.
>>
>>383191139

only for it to die after WC3 and Generals

fitting
>>
>>383185245
>It's literally Quake with LoL skillsets and TF2 match structure are you retarded.
this sort of counter argument is the most stupid thing anyone can come up with

> someone claims game X is unique
> someone else says no it's not because games A, B and C did parts of it
But they are not one game you simpleton. The experience that X offers as a game is not something you can get from another game.
>>
>>383178695
They've never been good, their whole business model is badly copying other people's games and marketing towards casuals who don't know any better
>>
>>383183589
They push competitive Hots way more than they do overwatch or hearthstone. Thats why all the teams are jumping ship on both those games.

I know because I'm a professional hearthstone player
>>
File: 12736256234.jpg (70KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
12736256234.jpg
70KB, 500x282px
>>383185245
>It's literally Quake
>>
File: CDLogoFinal.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
CDLogoFinal.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
>>383178695
>Make legendary RTS renowned to this day.
>Revamp company after prompt split and make Gas Powered Games.
>Make shitty diablo clone
>Make sequel to shitty diablo clone
>Make prototype to spiritual successor for legendary RTS you lost your own rights to.
>Scrap-release future-esque version of shitty diablo clone.
>Make Forged Alliance with the dying breath of GPG.
>Scrap Kings and Castles/etc.
>Sell out to Microsoft and make dumbed-down console-friendly Supreme Commander 2
>Lay off half your company
>Disband company
>Just Chris Taylor left looking like Brendon Fraser.
>Begs on Kickstarter.

It's been nothing but a fall from the highest point.
>>
>>383178895
consolefags are getting desperate
>>
>>383178695
EA [Electronic Arts]
>>
>>383191417
Overhype is forgettable. Sorry
>>
>>383191417
I'm normally not a contrariant cunt but Overwatch is complete and utter trash made to appeal to the lowest common denominator casual.
>>
>>383181464
>Starcraft
>Starcraft: Brood War
>Diablo II
>Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
>Warcraft: Orcs & Humans
>Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness
>Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal

>Is there a single streak of video games as good as this?

FTFY
>>
>Casual Everquest
>Casual Roguelike
>Casual Starcraft
>Casual MTGO
>Casual TF2

Watered down uninspired garbage
>>
>>383197916
Don't forget
>Copycat 40k
>Copycat Warhammer Fantasy

Diablo was the only original thing they've ever published and they didn't even develop it, Blizzard North did.
>>
I just started uninstalling all their games and the only thing i bought was the final sc2 chapter which wasn't that good.
I'm only going to keep hots installed because its fun to stomp casuals occassionally.
>>
>>383181464
>>383197751
Valve has a good one, each one of these is one of my favourite games ever.

Half life
CS 1.6
Half life 2 & episodes
CSS
Tf2
Portal 1 & 2
L4D 1 & 2
CS: GO
Dota 2

Like wtf, these games and the mods people made for them have given me so many hours of fun.
>>
>>383189518
stay pleb
>>
File: rock-roll-racing.gif (144KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
rock-roll-racing.gif
144KB, 800x640px
>>383178895
They made good games before they changed their name to Blizzard. But technically you're correct in saying that 'Blizzard' was never good, I must admit.
>>
File: 1498601999675.jpg (95KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
1498601999675.jpg
95KB, 653x490px
>>383178695
Valve and Blizzard are probably the two companies that hurts the most in terms of falling from grace. Nintendo is knee deep in shit too right now, but not nearly as bad as Blizzard and Valve..

That fucking Diablo 3 fiasco cemented Blizzards death.
>>
>>383200453
Could you try any harder to be a contrarian?
>>
>>383184545
He was talking about Sylvanas you idiot. The shattered mask is the symbol of the forsaken.
>>
>>383201135
Could you use any more meaningless a memeword?
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.