[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Subnautica

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 510
Thread images: 104

File: Subnautica-0.png (134KB, 350x201px) Image search: [Google]
Subnautica-0.png
134KB, 350x201px
Did these fuckers accidentally create their own genre?
>>
Underwater is not really a genre.

Its an open-world survival-game with crafting.

Nothing new really
>>
>>383169571
bit of an oversimplification, isn't it?
>>
>>383170063
not really. it's a survival game with a unique setting.

that being said, the game is a fucking steal at 20 dollars. well worth the buy. I love the shit out of it.

Ocean is spooky and it really nails both the feel of the ocean, and an alien planet.
>>
>>383167843
Underwater exploration isn't really a new genre but it's certainly a category lacking in good games.
>>
>>383167843
No, they didn't create their own genre. It's the same crafting/survival/exploration game that everyone has been making since Minecraft.

It is the only good game in it's genre though.
>>
Quite enjoy this game. It's the only open world survival/crafting game I've bothered playing really.

I hope that the completed game has a bit more structure though.

It also feels like there's something missing in the tech tree. Like there needs to be something after the cyclops, somehow. I guess all base content is all in the game already though.
>>
File: Sea_Dragon_Highpoly_Model.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sea_Dragon_Highpoly_Model.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
I just wish they'd put some really deep sea-like creatures in it instead of those dragon looking things. Dragons aren't scary and the biggest monsters they have look like dragons with tentacles as feet
>>
>>383170763
This creature makes no fucking sense, a torso with tentacles? How the fuck does it even swim?
>>
>>383170913
>This creature makes no fucking sense
Sounds like Subnautica alright
>>
>>383170913
desu no mob in subnautica makes sense. Crabsquids? the small fishes with the gigantic eyes?

I want something like this. Mouth bigger than the reast of the body, white eyes, long sharp teeth
>>
>>383170405
Don't Starve has a lot of merit as well. I can't think of anything besides these two though
>>
>>383167843
EA Steam cashgrab isn't a genre
>>
>circled the aurora fully three times now
>still haven't found the entrance
REEEE
>>
>>383170309
The fact that there's a story, a mystery to solve, and the fact that you're actually working towards an ending and that survival is only part of the mechanics makes it pretty unique in what it is.

It's like an open world metroidvania built on the conceptual principles of survival games. The whole "survival" becomes sort of sideline at certain point in the game though and it becomes more about exploration and progressing through the story. No other game does this.
>>
>>383170913
It's a hybrid creature created from Precursor and Sea Emperor DNA with improved genetics.
>>
Oh so it's not a demo anymore?
>>
>>383171134
I wish the artstyle focused more on creatures like this; something more grounded in reality. Ironically some of the non-hostile fauna is actually really well-designed, like those humpbacks or whatever the fuck. It's too bad every actual monster is either just a giant-eel, or a dragon-squid hybrid.
>>
>>383167843
I need help. My base cracked for some reason and now I can't drain the water. Do I have to replace all the tube compartments?
>>
What's.the genre?

It's a survival game, with a story. The game is largly set underwater.

Not really a new genre.

Do you mean getting scared?

No one really gets scared at this game, it's a meme sorry you fell for it, deepsea is an oldfag /v/ thing you wouldn't understand, low poly badly textured giant eels don't make people scare
>>
I don't understand the appeal. The concept is cool, underwater exploration sounds like a goldmine, but the game looks kind of ugly and dead.
>>
>>383171929
use the repair tool on the breach
>>
>>383172220
Where can I get magnesium?
>>
>>383171572
modded skyrim does with Frostfall and iNeed. and thats a popular combo. Earlygame is a hell of a survival check, by midgame you have a stockpile of resources.

BUT, i do agree outside of that exception. It is the best of the survival genre because it has has a story and great level design.
>>
>>383171842
I can sense just a bit of laziness when it comes to the character designs lately. The bosses all look alike. Reaper, Leviathan, Emperor. They all look like fishy dragons
>>
>>383171572
>The fact that there's a story, a mystery to solve, and the fact that you're actually working towards an ending and that survival is only part of the mechanics makes it pretty unique in what it is.
Sounds like Minecraft. At first you're fighting for survival, but later you're doing expeditions in the Nether in order to gain what you need in order to fight the world boss and get the ending.
>>
>>383171572
Doesn't Minecraft do this?
>>
>>383172443
>magnesium
are you playing an old version? Also it's in crash fish nests
>>
>>383172443
3 salt makes one.
>>
>>383170309
>not buying it for $10 on sale
>>
>>383171664
Since when? Last I checked the only critter that was Precursor fuckery was the Warper. And they've got a very specific purpose.
>>
>>383172645
Minecraft playstyles can be extremely broad and diverse, because its sandboxy.
>>
>>383172617
Reaper looks like an oarfish with mandibles, Ghost is pretty much an eel with a hammerhead's head. Only two that look pretty similar are the Emperor and Sea Dragon. Unless your idea of similar is simply being larg.
>>
Is the optimization still ass?
>>
>>383174423
The body form is just so similar. Its always a slender, long body with a small head compared to the body. I'd love to see maybe a crab-boss or a worm or something octupus like with tentacles that are not only a replacement for legs or fins
>>
>>383171486
Because it's at the bottom side, near the engines. You need to dive around the engines to find it. It's also around the right side.
>>
File: tumblr_nl9y1gG0sq1qd479ro1_500.gif (2MB, 500x215px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nl9y1gG0sq1qd479ro1_500.gif
2MB, 500x215px
>>383170763
The sea dragon needs to be redesigned a little bit so his head looks like it can tilt forward more.

He should be able to stand upright using his tentacles as legs with his head tilted forward. He should then be able to use his arms to attack or grasp with instead of just using them to swim.
When he swims forwards, he should put his arms at his sides and use only his tentacles for propulsion and his fins for steering. Maybe he could use his webbed fingers for steering too but it's probably not necessary to animate that.

His movement should looks something like the xenomorphs in Alien: Resurrection, but with his tentacles instead of legs/tail.
>>
File: howdy neighbor.jpg (262KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
howdy neighbor.jpg
262KB, 1920x1080px
>>383174483
yeah, optimization patch soon(tm)
>>
File: crart.jpg (125KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
crart.jpg
125KB, 640x480px
>>383174714
Dragon and Emperor head isn't all that small, and I'd say the Ghost only has a small head if you don't count the horns sideways. But yeah, problem is the long slender look is pretty much the ideal underwater predator form. Everything from fish to cephalopod and crocodile has it, you've got funny looking things of course but can you really take something serious that is supposed to be an apex predator but looks like our sunfish puttering about on it's side. Course you could have something that is more crustacean in nature but then you've the issue of what do you put manpower on, a new creature rig or something you can reuse and focus your efforts on something else.
I do agree however and would love more varied creature types. I really hope they continue adding things like that post release of 1.0, like using the Rock Puncher even if it doesn't do anything but exist and survive.
>>
>>383167843
>Did these fuckers accidentally create their own genre?
I FUCKING WISH but for something to classify as genre, it needs more than one or two games in it. I have been DESPERATE for good underwater games for decade now.

If this does inspire more underwater exploration games that aren't Abzu, my god will I be happy. But for now, Subnautica is merely a feeble scratch on an itch that is driving me insane.

Also: Subnautica is definitely not a genre-establishing game mechanically. It started off as a pure minecraft clone but underwater and with voxels, and as time went on it became more focused exploration-with-bit-of-crafting-and-survival thing: just a specific flavor of one of the most saturated genres in existence.

Also, as much as I like Subnautica, I think it REALLY does not make the best of it's settings. No visibility mechanics, no sediments, very little DEEP SEA, very little meaningful cave diving, no pressure sickness, very little actual sense of depth, not enough oxygen and equipment management, everything is kinda cartoony and child-friend, a little too bright, a little too clear.

It's a step in the right direction but we need more: more claustrophobic, more murky, more cold sea, more bizzare and ugly creatures, more actual tension of diving.
>>
>>383175254
>problem is the long slender look is pretty much the ideal underwater predator form.
I see, but do you think they designed them like this intentionally because of hydrodynamics?
>>
>>383171572

>The fact that there's a story, a mystery to solve, and the fact that you're actually working towards an ending and that survival is only part of the mechanics makes it pretty unique in what it is.

So Neo Scavenger?
>>
>>383172645
>Doesn't Minecraft do this?
Minecraft, due to it's procedurally-based nature, can't exactly do focused exploration-based-story-progression like Subnautica can. There is an end goal, but it's not tightely designed and there is virtually no narrative between the start and the end.
>>
File: The Deepest Part of the Ocean.png (643KB, 862x6146px) Image search: [Google]
The Deepest Part of the Ocean.png
643KB, 862x6146px
Here is a deep sea creepypasta
>>
>>383170913
It's almost as if the game's set on an alien planet or something.
>>
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1499461031058.webm
>>
>>383175696
>Also, as much as I like Subnautica, I think it REALLY does not make the best of it's settings
Now I'm not saying these things you want don't cause me to have a mild erection at the thought of it, but it's not really the kind of game Subnautica is. As you said, it started off way more simplistic than it already is but steered into it's current direction because that's what drew people to it. I do sincerely hope that other devs that aren't complete and utter garbage cause what use would someone like Ubisoft be might look at the success of this game and say "you know, maybe we should have a go at this" and give us some of these more intricate mechanics in a game. A faint and unlikely dream, but fuck it, I can still dream it.

>>383175883
Oh no, I'm quite sure that's part of the simple convenience of animation rig reusage. I mean most of them look decently different enough, Reapers swim very fluke focused whereas Dragons swim with their torso and Ghosts are clearly swimming like an eel so they've not gone the worst and laziest route, but it's obviously there. It is just a 20man team of course, so there's some acceptability of the occasional co promise.
>>
File: file.png (786KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
786KB, 1000x665px
Where are the motherfuckings fucking MOLLUSC LEVIATHANS?
>>
File: Screenshot_4.jpg (611KB, 1919x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_4.jpg
611KB, 1919x1079px
Why this game has to be so scary?

I'm scared to enter the Aurora
A Reaper popped up in front of my Seamoth
>>
File: CaveThingSmall.jpg (353KB, 1280x707px) Image search: [Google]
CaveThingSmall.jpg
353KB, 1280x707px
>>383176651
feels bad
>>
>>383176651
I think the only bit of concept art that even has one is >>383176853 There is not a cephalopod or mollusc in the entire game or concept art, closest we get is the Dragon/Emperor having tentacles but neither one is anything like that, they just have tentacles. A sad thing really, pelagic molluscs are great.
>>
>>383170405
The Forest is great too.
>>
i hope it brings about more games of the underwater exploration setting but it does a really good job of being comfy and spoopy

i think a multiplayer game much like this but on a much larger world and revolving around PVP factions would be awesome. base building, submarine battles, stealth diver base infiltration, harpoon gun skirmishes when you encounter an opposing faction diver while collecting resources, it would be awesome
>>
>>383176372
kek
>>
>>383177083
Has development come a long way?
>>
>>383176782
The ocean is a scary place.
>>
>>383176393
>but it's not really the kind of game Subnautica is.
Oh yeah, this is in no way an actual complaint on the address of the developers. I think Subnautica actually turned out to be way better than it had any right to be considering it's beginings being mostly just "lets drive the minecraft train". I think it's good for what it intends to be.

But it's not the deep sea game I'm waiting for. One where underwater stations feel claustrophobic, filled with equipment that might malfunction any moment, filled with weird unnerving noises, creaking under the water pressure, machines hissing and distant bubbles ticking, sudden deep sounds that may have been just pressure exchange, but also something might have imploded and now you might suffocate in darkness in ten minutes.
It's diving is short: matter of minutes. Not the slow deliberate descend and ascend where going to slow might cause suffocation, but going too fast might cause pressure sickness.
It's not the game where going deep makes every movement risky because it causes clouds of sediment to rise, and where you massive LED lights barely penetrate the darkness.
It's not the game where slimy things lurk in the muddy ocean floor: where things look dead until you look closer and then see the dance of million tiny creatures swarming in the sand.
It's not a game where reaching the surface fills you with relief, and where each time you get ready to dive you feel incredible tension.

It's definitely not a game where you feel small and completely out of place, desperately hoping your unreliable equipment won't just give in and expose how literally out of your element you are.

And that is what I really, really wish for in a sea diving game.
I may have been reading a little too much Michael Crichton's Sphere when I was a kid.
>>
File: 1472013970726.jpg (107KB, 824x625px) Image search: [Google]
1472013970726.jpg
107KB, 824x625px
>>383176782
There is nothing out there that can hurt you. Just look at those Gasopods, they're clearly dimwits and just floating about. They're like green manatees, just leave your base it's fine.
>>
guns
>>
>>383177836
Stalkers are FUCKING ANNOYING
>>
>>383177230
I know that most people hate to hear this, but it's PRECISELY the fact that the game dropped any multiplayer ambitions that makes it so damn good. So no.
I want more and better, more hardcore and dark deep sea diving games, but fuck multiplayer. Multiplayer is a DIRECT ENEMY of good environmental design and immersion. If Subnautica had gave into the fucking army of idiots screeching for multiplayer, it would be a shit forgettable flavor of the month game that would burn out within two weeks and then remained forever dead and crappy.

The multiplayer makes everything better meme needs to die, right now it's actually the most harmful misconception in the entire industry.
>>
File: 1381413391533.jpg (17KB, 278x219px) Image search: [Google]
1381413391533.jpg
17KB, 278x219px
>>383177816
>why isn't this something else? I have a real problem with this thing not being something else.
>>
>>383177546
The game has been finished for a while.
>>
>>383177230
>multiplayer
No.

Even Co-op would ruin what makes subnautica good. Adding factions and shit would just be cancer.
>>
>>383178002
Did you know you can actually either distract them, or even domesticate them?
Or at least you could, I'm not sure if they haven't removed the second feature. The A.I. on them used to be pretty impressive, if buggy like most of the fish are. They had at one point some really interesting and impressive ideas for more emergent A.I. and wild-life behavior, though I think most were scratched.
>>
>>383177816
>Michael Crichton
>Sphere
You are a lad of exquisite taste. But yeah, I'd love a similar game to your wishes to exist at some point too. Who knows, Subnautica is pretty much a rare example of EA done right, it's been in the top sellers a lot, despite being purely singleplayer has no small amount of players. Maybe someday someone will take a look at it and say "I could do that" and deliver a second example of quality underwater exploration. I mean, Subnautica eventually appeard so who's to say this game won't either.

>>383178104
I agree completely. Multiplayer Subnautica would be ARK 2.0.
>>
>>383177816
I am holding out hope for mods
>>
>>383178203
Can you actually read?
I don't have a problem with Subnautica being what it is. It literally says that in the last sentence of the post.

I want something else. But not from Subnautica: Subnautica does it's own thing and that is fine. But yeah: Subnautica isn't what I want: not entirely. I'm not mad at it for being different. I'm just sad that some other game that would do what I want does not exist too.
>>
>>383178525
>I am holding out hope for mods
Well considering that they have not been really developing the thing with mods in mind so far, I would not do that.
They said they might consider mods once the game is out. It's not designed with them in mind and that worries me.
>>
File: 20170707173244_1.jpg (177KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170707173244_1.jpg
177KB, 1600x900px
>tfw forgot to watch my air
>now I'm going to have to fucking SWIM ALL THE WAY BACK HERE
>>
>>383176285
source?
>>
File: 1497371273049.gif (2MB, 490x560px) Image search: [Google]
1497371273049.gif
2MB, 490x560px
>>383178898
>you respawn on the cyclops

holy wow false alarm
>>
>>383178898
This is why you either have two seamoths, or at least a spare glider at all time at your base.
Or you save before diving this deep.
>>
>>383178898
Take it as a lesson to watch your air and park vehicles in relative proximity. But away from Ghosts.
>>
>>383177816
>One where underwater stations feel claustrophobic, filled with equipment that might malfunction any moment, filled with weird unnerving noises, creaking under the water pressure, machines hissing and distant bubbles ticking, sudden deep sounds that may have been just pressure exchange, but also something might have imploded and now you might suffocate in darkness in ten minutes.
Sounds like barotrauma with /v/.
>>
File: 1399096710320.gif (1MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1399096710320.gif
1MB, 240x180px
>>383179121
Do you have a bed on the cyclops? That'll do it.

Also;

>not playing hardcore
>>
File: 1415268698689.jpg (77KB, 656x700px) Image search: [Google]
1415268698689.jpg
77KB, 656x700px
>>383179121
Cyclops is a mobile base. You respawn in the base you were last in. Lesson learned.
>>
Does this game normally take this long to load?

I have an i5 4690, gtx 1070, and it's on an SSD but when I start a new game it takes 20+ minutes
>>
File: 1457673967678.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1457673967678.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>383176782
>pirate this game like a year ago
>its the first early access open world survival meme that seems like it's actually going somewhere
>buy it during summer sale
>shitting my pants constantly, having a blast, game actually looks very nice especially the lighting and glowing
>can't get over how brick shittingly terrifying all the loud ass underwater screaming monster sounds are
>fartyboys are super fucking loud but harmless
>hear cthulu blasting diarhea from like 3 miles away and swim towards the sound
>it's a planet sized mushroom monster covered in angry plants and minerals, but they're friendly/harmless
>start assuming the louder the sound the less harmful it is
>run into teleporting cthulu
>run into absolutely mind shatteringly scary giant metroid octopus
>swimming around the ship and hear satan yelling at me and turn around to see 5 frames of something the size of a planet opening its mouth and eats me

This game is truly a gem. So glad I picked it up.
>>
>>383179275
Except when it comes to deep sea, I really want my first person view. Barotrauma is cool and all, but it's A) a multiplayer games and I inherently just enjoy those less, and B) it's not a game that would make you feel like you are really there.

>>383179387
Yes. The loading times can get pretty riddiculous at times. Seems like some fucked-up code from the time it transitioned from the voxel-based terrain. I really, really hope fixing this and the constant stutter caused by loading up now non-existent voxel chunks are gonna be fucking fixed soon.
And the awful pop-in will follow after that. The game needs optimizations, BADLY.
>>
>>383179387
I'm assuming that number is hyperbole, but yea it can take like, 5+ minutes the very first time you start a new game.
>>
>>383179687
>loading up now non-existent voxel chunks are gonna be fucking fixed soon
If you don't know, they are going to be fixing the map. With terraforming out they no longer need the voxel terrain and will turn it into a static mesh map instead. It's just that it's still in development so they're constantly tweaking things still so keeping it as it is now for the moment makes things significantly easier for the devs. But once they're done, all that will be gone.
>>
>>383176782
If you can avoid the reapers around the Aurora, you're fine.
Once you get inside the Aurora, there are no enemies.
>>
>>383179987
I know it's for performance, but I really miss being able to build my own stalker tooth farm.
>>
>tfw no "Moonbase Alpha meets Subnautica with more existential horror" Rifters game
>>
>>383180140
Bull, there are those little crab fucks and the little leech fucks in some of the water inside the ship
>>
File: 66479.jpg (22KB, 295x475px) Image search: [Google]
66479.jpg
22KB, 295x475px
>>383180248
fug
>>
>>383180174
I just keep three chunks of scrap in a locker instead, if I need teeth I'll find a nice group or lead some together and drop 'em. I've got multiple observatories in bases all over the place. Teeth everywhere.
Still, the terraforming was nice in concept but it honestly just didn't work out. Shame, but sadly not everything goes just right at times.
>>
>Trying to make my own Subnautica clone for fun in Unreal
>Spending more time in Blender and Photoshop making assets than I do on the fucking game

Honestly how single people 3d games with actual decent graphics is beyond me
>>
>>383180282
the crabs are only at the entrances
the bleeders are literally nothing
>>
>>383178954
https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/6jea5p/the_deepest_part_of_the_ocean_is_not_empty/
>>
Why am I so retarded about finding the Aurora entry point? I just flail around in the deep water until a Reaper smears me every time
>>
Hey guys. Is it possible to recharge a Power Cell? My Seamoth is running a little low
>>
>>383180534
After it's blown up, just swim next to it's flank on the Safe Shallows side. The front is just a big exploded mess at that point, climb up the ramp and up you go.
>>
>>383180282
>confusing 'annoyance' with 'threat'

Falling down a flight of stairs is potentially lethal but I don't consider steps as fucking enemies.
>>
>>383180597
You gotta find the pieces first.
>>
>>383167843
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtsyXKSmBWE

nice update
>>
>>383180597
Power Cell Recharger. Gotta find the blueprint though. I've always seen plenty near the wrecks in the Grassy Plateaus.
>>
>>383179987
I was hoping that will happen. In fact I assumed they will do it, because my god the performance is awful and the reason why they removed the terraforming was mainly because it was what made the optimization such a bitch.

I hope that will free up resources that can be focused on improving draw distance updates and fix the fucking pop-in in the process. Though I worry the problem with pop-in might not be so much a lack of software resources as lack of transitional assets. We'll see.

>>383180174
I don't miss the terraforming, it was a vestigial feature at best.
The only thing that I hope they'll fix is base collision detection and placement now that the terrain does not adapt, because making a base that does not look like shit is now pretty hard and shit does not snap into places very well.

>>383180436
>Honestly how single people 3d games with actual decent graphics is beyond me
Now you know why all those small-team developed games are 2D?
Yeah, making half-decent 3D assets is a BITCH. Usually, you have at least two people working on it.
Like the Miasmata game, one of the first really good looking (for it's time anyway) indie games out there in recent past. Made by two brothers. And a cat.
Or that Reset game the two norvegian guys are making? It looks gorgeous, but 5+ years in development, two people.

Even Dear Esther actually took two people, one of them industry professional and working full time for two years on asset production alone. To make a 90 minute basic walk sim.

>>383180597
Unless you already have the plans for power cell recharging station, you'll just have to make a new one and replace it. No recharging until you have the cell recharger blueprint.
>>
File: GLXhjap[1].jpg (195KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
GLXhjap[1].jpg
195KB, 1680x1050px
>>383167843
So what would you guys personally want to see in the expansion they'll release?

I'm thinking arctic biome(s) and more deep sea content.
>>
Why is underwater such an underused setting?
>>
File: 20170707225638_1.jpg (222KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170707225638_1.jpg
222KB, 1920x1080px
PLEAS STOB
>>
>>383181205
More leviathans. I want to see a fucking rock formation move in the dark.
>>
>>383180597
You can recharge it in the moon pool or you can manually recharge it with a cell charger. Until you can build those things though, you're gonna have to just make a new power cell and swap out the old one.
>>
>>383181316
Man if only there was some sort of large button that would make you silent and they would stop attacking you. It could be called.... Low noise mode
>>
>>383181115
Yep. I'm not even remotely an artist and I can shit out acceptable 2d assets, but even after hours and hours of learning 3d modeling/animation it's still all shit.

I always find it funny now that /v/ complains about "indie 2d pixelshit" without realizing how insanely time consuming decent 3d assets are to make.
>>
File: Fuck you I'm a shark.gif (2MB, 450x266px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you I'm a shark.gif
2MB, 450x266px
>>383181316
Shark'd.com
>>
>>383179387
Don't alt-tab out, loading is paused when the game isn't in focus
>>
File: REAPER GO HOME.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
REAPER GO HOME.webm
3MB, 800x450px
I think, I think it finally felt fear.
>>
>>383181714
*BRAAAAAAPS your path*
>>
>>383170063
That's literally what "genres" are
>>
>>383182340
Ahahahahahahahhaah

*zap* Yeah take that!!!

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH cucked
>>
>>383181205
The game needs a lot of fixing up before it's ready for prime time. And once it IS done, I'd like them focusing on proper mod support: all the love for mod support a mod-based team can ever get. I'd value that over any expansion.

Once the mod support is done, then I'd like to see more deep shit and colder ocean environment too. Also, more environmental hazards. Like anomalies, "freezing finger" type phenomena, surface partially covered by ice making finding place to surface difficult. I would not mind an underwater Stalker either.

Or they could just focus all their resources into making the sea life more varied. I would fork out another ten or bucks just to see the amount of non-hostile fauna double in variety.
>>
>>383181115
>improving draw distance updates and fix the fucking pop-in in the process
There's been mention of that by the devs, but they also don't want to really ramp up the requirements for people. The terrain change will solve the issue with the hideous voxel seams and mountains popping up in front of you but it's not necessarily going to fix say, the protrusions of the trees in the Mushroom Forest. I choose to hope for the best but will accept a "not bad" level as well.

>shit does not snap into places very well
I just circumvent all that by just placing one foundation and building from there. Only real issue that's still there is the Moonpool refusing to turn at all and only being able to snap from one area, but that's also a known bug as far as I know.

>Yeah, making half-decent 3D assets is a BITCH. Usually, you have at least two people working on it.
I like to do some modding on games and that usually involves asset creation. But actually creating a game sounds like hell. I like modeling and texturing shit as a hobby, turning it into a part time job would make me stop doing it forever most likely.

>>383181205
Abyssal Zone. Artic biome. Large sub for the Abyssal Zone.
>>
Does the cyclops still have that thing where if you build a power cell charger in it, it can charge cells faster than you drain them?
>>
Pressure when?
>>
>>383182946
Nope.
>>
>>383174483
it got a lot better after the patch to remove the editable terrain. You don't have to wipe your world save in the endgame to save your framerate/loadtime anymore.
>>
>>383182946
No, they patched it and now it's just a one for one trade
>>
>>383182946
they fixed it, but I think you can still do it if you stack efficiency modules
>>
>>383180597
there are fragments for power cell charger in the underwater islands
or you can build the solar charger if you have a moonpool
>>
>>383182340
what the fuck

is this supposed to happen?
>>
>>383170405
>It is the only good game in it's genre though.
Don't Starve is really good anon, I highly recommend it
>>
>>383181205
more deep sea stuff, like REAL DEEP trenches with spoopy new fishes
maybe the lilypad biome, or some biome that extends from the sea floor to some distance above sea-level
>>
>>383182340
reaper does not notice your pathetic baby-shocks
>>
>>383183250
Seamoth Perimeter Defense Module sends out an electric shock to ward shit off. Doesn't work on Ampeels for obvious reasons, but most things do no like being shocked by a Scooty Puff Jr with woolly socks on. The cannonball into the air part is just pathfinding being a bit buggy.
>>
>>383181303
hard to pull off visually

you have to put a ton of work into making it convincing
>>
>>383171329
I want to like don't starve, but everything just seems like a chore in that game. Hunger goes down just fast enough to be annoying, stack size is way too small (20 logs in a stack, wtf). I sincerely want to like it, but the game is making it so hard.
>>
>>383170405
the long dark is good
>>
>>383175696
You should just become a diver already, Anon.
>>
>>383181303
Amongst many other reasons, swimming is a bitch. Something as simple as 3d movement in all directions is already a massive amount of work you wouldn't have in any other type of game. There's a reason swimming sections of games are rarely thought of as their best.
>>
File: 1493173663837.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493173663837.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>383181714
>>
>>383183763
i hate you
>>
Most frustrating thing about Subnautica is the randomness of the drops. I NEVER seem to have enough silver, and it's not a challenge (fun or otherwise) to constantly go out searching for it, it's a chore to have to build so many lockers just to contain all the extra shit I've got from the RNG giving me gold.

I've got gold out the ass, game, I need to build a fucking wiring kit.
>>
>>383183250
It's supposed to happen after you show the reaper who the real alpha is
>>
>>383183834
Can't. Outside of it not really being a financial option any time soon for me, I have massive pressure-change related issues. Anything that inolves relatively rapid change of air pressure causes me pain so horrible that you would not believe it, followed by several days of insane sinus inflammation. Flying in an airplane is only possible for me if I'm literally half-knocked out with industry-grade painkillers and enough anti-histamines to cure denge.
Also: I'm a coward and I would probably die due to panic strike on my first dive.

Could be worse. I won't ever be a diver. But I knew a guy who has similar pressure-related issue as I have. He developed it few weeks after getting his job as a major airliner pilot.
>>
>>383182340
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUL5w91dzbo
>>
File: 1469866676370.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1469866676370.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>383183951
>think you're reposting my own recently posted webms at me
>is larger than the one I posted recently
Free upgrades, I'll take it.
>>
>too much speed with seamoth
>got stuck in island
>go back to base pick propulsion cannon to unstuck my seamoth
>when I got back he's literally inside the island
>can't do shit and lose my full upgraded seamoth
>>
Trying to figure out where to build. Kinda want to build here since it's such a huge flat area but those fucking sharks attack all the time so it's obnoxious.
>>
>>383184794
Don't floodlights do anything? I put them all over my base and the predators never bother it.
>>
>>383185002
Problem isn't when you have the base built, it's when you build the base and have the fuckers attacking
>>
>>383184794
If you build up higher on the raised platforms and then go downwards you'll be fine. They don't go that high up.

>>383184342
I'm sorry to hear that lad. Diving is one of my great hobbies and personally feel that everyone should try it at least once, but obviously that'd be a bad idea for you. Also a man with enough impeccable taste to like Crighton is always a good lad.

>>383185002
Predators don't attack bases at all. Might change after 1.0 though, but it's not on the books before then.
>>
>>383167843
Does the game ever get less obnoxious in terms of keeping yourself hydrated, fed etc.?
It's a real hassle constantly looking after it.
>>
>>383185308
Once you obtain Marblemelons you're basically set. Grow them on an indoor growthbed or two and you'll never be hungry or thirsty again, as long as you plan long trips like a sensible person.
>>
>>383185308
Yes. Get Chinese potatoes and Marblemelons. If you can't get melons, just get tons of salt in grassy plateaus/sparse reef and cut coral for bleach
>>
>>383167843
What genre is that?
>>
The comfiest thing to do in the game is to go to some super fucky scary place. Slowly make a self sustaining base, conquering its terrifying depths, and then building a map/scanner room and sending out probes so you can see all the spoopy stuff from the comfort of your own base.
>>
>>383171842
I always felt like they wanted to really make it feel like you were on an alien world, rather than making everything seem like monsters in books we have here, and in my opinion they suceeded wery well in that regard
>>
you can tell they focused on the water 100% because walking around on the island looks really goofy and weird
>>
>>383185557
Pretty much what this anon said. Once you reach one of the islands, food/water becomes a nonissue.
>>
File: 20170629121312_1.jpg (109KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170629121312_1.jpg
109KB, 1920x1080px
>>383185627
The very comfiest feelings.
>>
>>383185308
You can bring a special knife with you that instantly makes cooked food of edible fish. You can also grow edible plants and fruits in the submarine. Other than that, you can wear a swimsuit that constantly turns your piss into potable water.
>>
>>383185207
>Diving is one of my great hobbies and personally feel that everyone should try it at least once,
I've dreamed of diving since I was about ten or eleven years old. Then this shit developed, so I had to get realistic. But hey, it's not like there isn't enough other fun shit to do in life.
And yeah, I was raised on Crichton. Though Sphere made the biggest impact on me, I think Andromeda Strain his his actually best work. Fascination with isolated undeground laboratories and life-threatening infections is something that Crichton also nurtured in me.

>Predators don't attack bases at all. Might change after 1.0 though, but it's not on the books before then.
It isn't anymore. I haven't been checking with the development trello for almost a year to avoid spoiling shit for myself, but year ago, "Creatures attack: update that introduces predators attacking bases after reaching certain landmark" was supposed to be actually the last biggest update they had planned, and very much the "thing that everything was leading up to". Did they scratch that?
Granted, it was also back in days where DNA transfusion was supposed to "come soon".
>>
>>383185448
Or just set up a growbed inside the cyclops and grow lantern fruit and melons. Basically easy mode from there on.
>>
>>383182308
Is this really the case
>>
>>383171929
you need to find the tears/breaches in your base and use the repair tool over them
>>
>>383185308
>It's a real hassle constantly looking after it.
Yeah. The moment you'll get water filtration machine and can set up enough power to feed it, plus an alien containment field, you should never worry about food or water again.
And once you get to the island to get the watermelons and similar plants, it becomes a joke. Eventually you'll get entirely self-sufficient.
>>
File: 20170707133014_1.jpg (225KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170707133014_1.jpg
225KB, 1920x1080px
>>383185627
One of my current projects. Materials are so scarce down here though so I'm having to make trips back to the shallows to get simple things. Still, it's pretty cool having sub 1km access in such close proximity.
>>
File: 20170707152351_1.jpg (289KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170707152351_1.jpg
289KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>383174843
not it's not anymore, you have to climb the debris on the shredded opened burning side now.
Fire extinguisher and gravity gun recommended
>>
Fuck I can't wait for modding
>>
>>383186650
Actual spoiler (spoiler free: there's a good reason for that) : Previous advanced race that visited the planet killed off a bunch of the original creatures on the planet and set up shop to do a bunch of gene manipulation experiments.
>>
>>383176329
>alien planets cant have a little evolutionary realism
>>
this game would be really cool if you could play it with 1-3 buddies or so in one world
>>
>>383186650
To be fair, they've linked Subnautica with the bacteria from Natural Selection, since the bacteria (or some form of it) is all over the Subnautica planet.

That's a free pass as far as genetics goes. That shit causes some weird ass stuff.
>>
>>383186090
>But hey, it's not like there isn't enough other fun shit to do in life.
True enough that. No point in letting something like that get you down, my naval career ended when I lost an eye but I'll be damned if that means I'll ever give up the ocean.

>And yeah, I was raised on Crichton
His books were one of the biggest influences as a young man too. While I never ended going in that direction, it was his stories that instilled and nurtured my love of science.

>Did they scratch that?
It's no longer a planned update to my extremely great disappointment. But on occasion when asked one of the devs will respond with it being a possible thing they intend to pursue after they've released 1.0. Whether or not it ends up being something they do I don't know but heavens I do hope so.
>>
No, it's a survival crafting game. It's minecraft in the water. Pretty shitty one, too.
>>
File: sub.jpg (191KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sub.jpg
191KB, 1920x1080px
post subs.
>>
File: Distracting text.webm (3MB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
Distracting text.webm
3MB, 1080x608px
I think this dislodged some cholesterol
>>
>>383186601
how does this happen?
>>
File: 20170705192059_1.jpg (123KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170705192059_1.jpg
123KB, 1920x1080px
>>383187268
>>
>>383187348
scan yourself for a hint. It's part of the story.
>>
>>383187348
Story content.
>>
>>383187529
>>383187568
oh ok thx
>>
>>383170763
Even though they keep adding larger creatures, the reaper leviathan still remains the most scary to me.
>>
>>383171329
The Forest
>>
File: 1483804613079.jpg (159KB, 1600x1513px) Image search: [Google]
1483804613079.jpg
159KB, 1600x1513px
>Try out this game
>Find the first vehicles part and shit relatively easily
>Got to the part where the sunbeam got his shit kicked, explored the island plus the other one that teleporter put you in
>Still haven't found the mobile vehicle constructor thingie

Swear to god making the way back from the island with nothing but the seaglide made me shite me pants a little, there's nothing to me that is more unnerving than giant space filled with fuckall.
That eerie feeling man.
>>
>>383171572
The forest did it too in a very original way
>>
>>383187324
those things are friendly

they just want to hug and kiss you
>>
File: 1438391109744.jpg (40KB, 1118x514px) Image search: [Google]
1438391109744.jpg
40KB, 1118x514px
>mfw subnautica threads
>>
>>383170763
Yeah, honestly the monsters aren't alien enough for me to be terrified of them
>>
File: model.jpg (55KB, 1024x320px) Image search: [Google]
model.jpg
55KB, 1024x320px
>>383187990
Just spawn the mobile constructor in. Apparently it has some issues. I couldn't be fucked looking anymore so i spawned it in.
Really been cheating sometimes now, spawning in food and drinks. Before the prawn suit came i played totally legit and got everything. Just not really interested in grinding absolutely everything this time always.

Also, new reaper model.
>>
>>383187868
I'd argue it's the fact they swim in large open biomes that get real dark at night as well as something you encounter a lot more. Dragons are big as all get out and roar like the devil but you don't see them much and you know when you're going to approximately run into them. Reapers can pop up in many places in ranges from 0 to 500m deep. The Ghost can change that though, as they're going to also be in dark places and in surface proximity biomes.
>>
>>383175696
D E P T H
E
P
T
H
>>
>>383182340
>flying reaper
There is no god
>>
>>383187990
go inside wrecks
>>
>>383187136
every game is not minecraft you child
>>
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE POWER CELL RECHARGER
>>
>>383170763
I feel like the biodiversity is really lacking, and big fast moving creatures under the sea make no sence, there is fuck all oxygen down there which means less energy can be used.

having some massive creature such as a jellyfish or anglerfish, that is only a danger because you got to close would work wonders
>>
>it was this or darkest dungeon
feels kinda bad that I didn't pick it up
>>
>>383188313
>new reaper model
When is that supposed to come in? Reapers have been due for a bit of an update for a while thanks to being added so early.
>>
>>383175885
No, fuck you. NeoScav is an unfinished piece of shit, and I regret /v/ ever recommending it to me.
>>
>>383188803
Saw it on the subnautica subreddit
>>
File: gun.jpg (228KB, 1270x985px) Image search: [Google]
gun.jpg
228KB, 1270x985px
This game needs a gun.
>>
>>383188989
Never ever, brohiem. Deal with it, I guess.
>>
>>383188142
Literally comfiest threads on /v/ currently, I fucking love this game.
>>
>>383181205
non-aggressive giant fauna

Only having reefbacks is not enough
>>
>>383188989
umm, sweaty, no.

Its a story of hope and science not colonization
>>
Underwater games or levels arent supposed to have this much of a spotlight

the day it happens...the industry will have really changed by then
>>
>>383189306
This!
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1600x3277px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1600x3277px
>>383181205
artic biome, abyss biome, more big things (especially non-agressive stuff)
Also, I want new subs. The draconis looks awesome, as does the very bottom one.
Hopefully they give us some really wide open spaces, like an abyss, so they can put it in.
I want some motherfucking atlantis up in this shit.
>>
WHERE

IS

THE

FUCKING

POWERCELL

CHARGER
>>
>>383189876
in ur butt haha
>>
>>383189876
On the ocean floor. Fragments are randomized so there's no exact location to give out. Grassy Plateaus are always a good bet for such things.
>>
>>383189876
underwater

try the wreckage at the lower parts of the floating underwater islands
>>
>>383175696
This guy gets it. I wish the game started out like it is now and as you progress in the game you get to even deeper parts and it starts looking more like SOMA. Some parts of SOMA like at the edge of the abyss is top tier sea horror
>>
File: 1485113838394.png (311KB, 726x577px) Image search: [Google]
1485113838394.png
311KB, 726x577px
>>383189956
>>383190103
>>383190181
>>
tfw subnautica is one of the comfiest games i've played and mad me start scuba diving
>>
File: Atlantis 001.jpg (1MB, 2000x1135px) Image search: [Google]
Atlantis 001.jpg
1MB, 2000x1135px
>>383189802
>atlantis
das it mane
>>
Post ur comfy deep sea bases
>>
>>383167843
>Survival underwater
How the fuck is this a genre? Fuck you faggots who are trying to make every shitty game into a genre. Dark Souls isn't a genre either. Fuck you.
>>
>>383188989
Developer is staunchly anti-gun and says that future civilizations wouldn't have them. Therefore, not in the game.
>>
>>383189802
Will we be getting any more ships before release?
>>
Second encounter with a reaper today. When will they learn?
>>
>>383190523
It made me swear to stay away from the ocean for the rest of my life
>>
File: deepseearm.jpg (13KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
deepseearm.jpg
13KB, 400x268px
The Seamoth should have a robotic arm
>>
>>383191259
>not equipping the grappling hook and finishing the job
>>
>>383191163
It's Surmetroidvaniavival
>>
File: .jpg (250KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
250KB, 1920x1080px
>>383191072
here's mine
>>
>>383172075
Oh shit guys, this dude wasn't scared even once in Subnautica, he's so brave and cool
>>
>>383191223
No. Original plan was three, with the Draconis being the medium option in between the Cyclops and Seamoth but the Cyclops took a long time to get working and the Draconis would pretty much make both other options useless, so it was scrapped for those reasons.

>>383191072
I've already posted all my recent work in ALZ/GR/Mountains. Don't want to make a new one until the Ghost arrives though. New save and all that.
>>
>>383191163
Maybe not a genre, but it could spawn several clones.

Like, would you call diablo-clones a genre? Or rogue-likes?
>>
>>383191324
>fuk you krab im gonna tickle u hehe
>>
>>383177546
>>383178243
It's "finished"
But still gets plenty of updates
Only game I see on my launcher getting updated more is Ark
>>
>>383191452
I have one but it wasn't equipped at the time. I should really go on a reaper hunting spree sometime.
>>
>>383191590
>Spawn several clones
I'm sure there are several survival game that tried to shoe horn in a story already. Off the top of my head: The Forest, Don't Starve has a mystery/story you need to progress and uncover. The only thing Subnautica is doing differently is that it is set underwater. I would not call "Diablo Clones" a genre. They're action RPGs. Torchlight 2 is an example of that.
>>
File: omae wa mou shindeiru.webm (2MB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
omae wa mou shindeiru.webm
2MB, 1080x608px
>when u git gud
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 500x350px
>>383191962
>that file name
Now I want to punch a reaper to death like that episode where ken punches that tank to death
Either way, pic related
>>
>>383191259
>Developer was so troubled by American gun violence that he refused to put guns in this game
>But he's perfectly fine with drilling fish to death in what is most certainly one of the most excruciatingly painful deaths physically possible

I don't care about guns in Subnautica but it's pretty funny
>>
>>383192234
That wasn't a dev, it was some retarded aussie PR guy
>>
>>383192234
Don't forget the whirlpool missiles. The in game lore explanation for why you cannot have any type of personal offensive weapon is absolutely awful. They should have given no explanation.
>>
>>383192330
It was a game director, I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>383191962
I never knew it was possible to juke them.

I thought they allahu ackbar'd towards you and only exploded when you got close.

This changes everything
>>
>>383192538
I'm 100% certian it wasn't.
The actual game devs later came out and said it wasn't political and purely a gameplay decision
>>
>>383192538
No. It's just the office gopher that is supposed to be PR but can't even do that right, as almost all communication is from the devs. His opinion has nothing to do with why there are no firearms and no matter how much people pretend so, it's still not going to be true.
>>
>>383191259
What program do you use to make these?
>>
>>383170063
...that's what a genre is, so that people can find "core" game mechanics that they like
>>
>>383191259
>simple quartz farmer
>probably spend more time drilling quartz than anything else
I think we may all be quartz farmers. And possibly mushroom farmers.
>>
>>383192234
>Developed by 20 people
>Previous game was violent fps "Natural Selection"
Let's label them all a single anti-gun entity.

>>383192436
>explanation
Exactly the same as Startrek except we're dealing with civilians in Subnautica.
>>
File: 2017-07-07_00005.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-07_00005.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>383191072
>>
Theres like 3 subnautica clones on steam right now i think?
>>
File: 1494953457556.jpg (39KB, 410x408px) Image search: [Google]
1494953457556.jpg
39KB, 410x408px
>>383192958
I use shadowplay to capture the raw footage then use webmforretards to cut it up into a webm.
>>
>>383193257
>Startrek
I don't give a shit about star trek. But last I recall Star Trek have phasers which they can use to vaporize shit.
>>
>>383193353
name three(3)
>>
>>383193430
Phasers are for stunning. Only trained military professionals can turn them up to kill.
>>
>>383193353
Really? Because I'm yet to see a single one.
>>
>>383193257
I just said "developer" singular
>>
>>383188989
git gud
>>
>>383170763
Hiring geneticists and specialists on evolution and shit to design your creatures would probably be pretty pricey
>>
>>383193257
>>383193430
Star Trek are "Explorers and scientist" (Except Sisko who was a Jesus for aliens and Janeway who was insane.
>>
>>383194336
>sisko
>not insane
He may have been space Jesus for a bunch of backwards savages but that doesn't make him not insane.
>>
>>383194336
It doesn't matter what title you give yourself. You still need to defend yourself.
>>
File: 20170707170558_1.jpg (460KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170707170558_1.jpg
460KB, 1920x1080px
Ya'll cowards don't even build your bases inside of bases.
>>
>>383194306
nah, I am sure many of them would do it for free just for the fun of it
>>
>>383194510
They ended punching more than actually using phases though.
>>
>>383194539
Precursor structures have a habit of causing you to fall through the floor though. It's fine if you just go in and out for a spot of story content, but building your base there is basically russian roulette. You absolutely madman.
>>
>>383183951

Guy on top has balls of fucking steel
>>
File: 1271634375202.png (4KB, 222x211px) Image search: [Google]
1271634375202.png
4KB, 222x211px
open-world metroidvania survival horror
>>
>>383194887
Doesn't matter much. Shark wants to actually get in the cage it will. They're basically a wearing a facemask while swimming in a hospital's medical waste bin naked.
>>
>>383194935
>comfy* open-world metroidvania survival horror
Fix'd.
>>
File: 20170707171121_1.jpg (260KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170707171121_1.jpg
260KB, 1920x1080px
>>383194759
I had that same issue when I used to build on islands, too.
>>
>>383195162
Islands, Precursor structures and sticking out above sea level all have that problem.
>>
>>383183763
I want to like the Long Dark, but it feels like once you set yourself up with a few snares and a bow and arrow, then there isn't much to do. Exploring isn't fun like in Subautica because it's so dangerous.
>>
>>383195162
How cool would it be if you could build a room attached to the bottom of a moonpool to create a horizontal entrance to the moonpool, know what i mean?
>>
>>383184007
Welcomd to the worst parts of these games. In Subautica's case, I wish there were "mines," areas where only a certain type of material would be found. It could be dangerous to get to or whatever, but I have enough gold to make both Nero and Donald Trump look like St. Francis. There needs to be a change.
>>
File: can.jpg (66KB, 576x762px) Image search: [Google]
can.jpg
66KB, 576x762px
>>383184342
>dad has me get scuba license at age 10
>one of the best experiences of my life
>scuba dive in reefs
>swim with sea lions

it was rad. but

>age 13 we go diving again
>Mediterranean sea
>deepest dive yet, 75 meter underwater to a sunken ship
>have not been underwater in several years
>forgotten all my training
>1st dive is going well, but i am subconsciously hyperventilating
>go through almost an entire tank of air
>2nd dive i can barely breathe
>panic
>somehow reach the surface without dying
>for the next two i have severe breathing problems
>mfw i survived
I can never go diving again. it wasnt asthma, but if i had another breathing attack underwater i would die for sure.
>>
>>383167843
I really like this game, hope next update comes out soon
>>
>>383195952
Or like build a different kind of moonpool that lets you dock your cyclops.
>>
>>383175696
All I want is a hardcore, realistic, openworld, underwater STALKER.
>>
First attempt at reaper hunting didn't go so well. I'm thinking dual drill arms and quad armor for try #2. Annoy it then when it tries to grab me drill it's face in. I will learn the ways of reaper bullying even if I die trying.
>>
>>383186890
>Realism makes for a fun game
Woah...
>>
This seems to be one of the few games that the majority of /v/ likes, is it our collective love and fear of the sea or what?
>>
>>383175696
Have you tried Endless Ocean yet?
>>
>>383196362
You basicly cant, your best bet is using the stun rifle
>>
File: 20170706200801_1.jpg (416KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170706200801_1.jpg
416KB, 1920x1080px
>>383195952
there are so many small changes that could make base building way better
>being able to build diagonally out of multipurpose rooms
>being able to rotate ladders
>windows next to each other in multipurpose rooms joining into one big one
>more ways to build vertical than shitty ladders
>putting two hallways side by side to create one wide one
>and some more basic rooms I guess
base bulding's like half this game but you can't really make anything amazing out of the parts you have
>>
File: 1478912343433.jpg (33KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
1478912343433.jpg
33KB, 500x326px
>>383196362
radical. but can reapers even be killed?
>>
>>383171572
Didn't Skyfall do this?
>>
>>383196628
They can. Stasis Rifle and knife are a time honoured method. I don't see the point, but if someone wants to test it, who am I to stop them. Predators respawn now though.
>>
>>383175696
I would love a DLC of some sort where you go like 5k meters underwater and there is 500 meter large monster somewhere in that abyss
>>
>>383196626
You can rotate ladders my dude
>>
File: 2016-12-20_00004.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-20_00004.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>383191072
I try to build tightly packed symmetrical bases with separate decks for quarters/labs/docks/etc. and easy/fast navigation between the most frequently visited sections.
>>
>>383196970
How? I have never been able to. Trying to rotate them just makes nothing happen ever. Share these secrets kind anon.
>>
>>383184387
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photophore

I never realized squids had these. Holy shit, that webm is cool.
>>
File: 1489204831227.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489204831227.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>383196113
jesus christ
>>
>>383197126
oh wait nevermind you can't

I was just thinking of a time i had to rotate the bottom connecting piece to get the ladder to be flush to side instead of taking up the middle of the hallway
>>
>>383197432
You have raised my hopes only to dash them quite expertly. You are the sea, a cruel and unforgiving mistress.
>>
>>383196507
fear
>>
>>383186285
>build storage locker on cyclops
>spend 20 minutes filling them up
>enjoy comfy base buildan for days
wew
>>
>>383197031
I also try to make it look like everything has it's weight supported.
I hate it when people have goofy looking shit like 100m tall vertical tubes or excessively long cantilever sections that appear to float without any support.
>>
>>383167843
>Open world
>Exploration
>Crafting
>Survival
>Ocean theme

Which of those things is unique?
>>
>>383197856
the ocean part
>>
File: 1490484152550.png (75KB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
1490484152550.png
75KB, 325x244px
>Mfw cove tree has a ghost leviathan egg in it
>>
>>383194626

This

>Biologist fag who would love to develop game with real genetic evolution
>>
>>383192436
The explanation was funny, right? Some colonists got out of hand with the weapons and now your company fabricator won't make them. The game isn't a shooter, and the explaination was a tongue in cheek way of enforcing that.
>>
File: 20170705170745_1.jpg (402KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170705170745_1.jpg
402KB, 1920x1080px
Alterranons, look! The Sunbeam will arrive any second now to get us off this horrible planet, we're saved!
>>
>>383196113
>forgets all training in under 3 years
You sound fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1498511198878.gif (2MB, 434x329px) Image search: [Google]
1498511198878.gif
2MB, 434x329px
>>383197190
I find few things in the world more fascinating than the squid and octopus.
>>
>>383197856
The part where you're in an ocean and you're not really intended to fight baddies.
>>
How far are reapers supposed to venture into the shallows? Because i've only seen reapers near the ship at the two ends (the front and back)
>>
File: 20170705170749_1.jpg (390KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170705170749_1.jpg
390KB, 1920x1080px
It looks like they want to talk to us, I wonder what they have to say.
>>
>>383197031
i really like this base
>>
>>383196507
Let's you build a comfy sea base and commute to the horrors of the depths below
>>
File: Subnautica_map2.png (2MB, 2000x1721px) Image search: [Google]
Subnautica_map2.png
2MB, 2000x1721px
>>383198519
>>
>>383170063

No.

I was building shit underwater in minecraft alpha survival

Subnautica is a downgrade
>>
>>383198519
They're not. Their routes end where the Crash Zone/Shallows meet. Not accounting for bugs or pathing fuckups of course, and in the past they'd even spawn there on occasion (fixed these days).
>>
File: 20170705170809_1.jpg (308KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170705170809_1.jpg
308KB, 1920x1080px
Look, there they are!
>>
>>383198264
i was ten. i remembered the important stuff, like not getting the bends or going off on my own
>>
>>383198779
*ZAP*
>>
File: 20170705170819_1.jpg (294KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170705170819_1.jpg
294KB, 1920x1080px
They sound a little distressed, I hope nothing's wrong. Wait a second, was that tower always pointed like that?
>>
>>383199004
N-NANI?!
>>
>>383198694
Minor correction, you can find Mesmers in the Kelp Forest, can you not?
>>
>>383198917
How expensive is scuba diving? I want to learn.
>>
>>383199004
It's fine. Don't worry about, you'll be home soon.
>>
File: 20170705170825_1.jpg (294KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170705170825_1.jpg
294KB, 1920x1080px
!
>>
>>383199150
ZAPPED
>>
>>383199150
>doesn't drop any loot upon destruction
Sunbeam was a pussy ship, the Aurora dumps wreckage through the whole damp ocean
>>
>>383199083
I've encountered one there once and only once. So I don't know if it just swam over there or they're a very rare spawn. It was also my very first, so I had no idea what the fuck was talking to me.
>>
No guns, no buy.
>>
File: 1481619728746.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1481619728746.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>383199150
>>
>>383199150
Clearly they decided to celebrate your rescue with a fireworks display.
>>
File: 20170705170841_1.jpg (294KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170705170841_1.jpg
294KB, 1920x1080px
Press F to pay respects.
>>
OPTIMIZATION WHEN?
>>
File: tenor.gif (725KB, 220x202px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
725KB, 220x202px
>>383198328
Man, I didn't even notice my (you) from you replying. I was too distracted by the octopus. Those things are so cool!
>>
I want an octopus bro to smoke sea weed with
>>
>>383199485
>tfw you buy dress pants that are too big for you, but it's too late to get new ones
>>
File: 1496021408808.gif (1014KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1496021408808.gif
1014KB, 300x300px
>>383199470
>>
File: 1498510370836.gif (3MB, 616x273px) Image search: [Google]
1498510370836.gif
3MB, 616x273px
>>383199485
They love their homes.
>>
File: 1396574191888.jpg (5KB, 153x223px) Image search: [Google]
1396574191888.jpg
5KB, 153x223px
>exploring around the deep
>holy shit look at those giant skeletons
>stumble upon a giant block of something
>computer instantly translates alienese
>"DANGER KEEP OUT"
>there doesn't seem to be anything very scary around though, I can't even find a way inside it
>suddenly a massive roar echoes through the caverns
>mfw
>>
>>383199850
metroid 4 leaked gameplay
>>
>>383189306
omg yaaaas preach sister
>>
>>383199470
Soon(tm)
>>
File: The Forest.jpg (291KB, 1678x911px) Image search: [Google]
The Forest.jpg
291KB, 1678x911px
>>383177546

It has...but it also hasn't.

The developer should've focused more time on things like:
>Island ecosystem; wild animal populations are finite, predator-prey relationships, herbivores forage, predators hunt, different biomes and vegetation cater to different animals
>Making traps not-shit; making traps integrate with the environment more, e.g. why would I need to chop down a tree for lumber that is placed upright for a trap when I can just use an upright tree.
>Any semblance of PvP, of PvPvE, more tension and free form over player to player interactions. Every server is a build hugbox.
>Allow players to go cannibal by painting (paint is in the game) themselves up a tribal color, create a tribe and cannibalize other players

Instead of Robinson Cruso we got:
>Bob Vila Island Retreat 2017
>Cannibals ain't shit because they're programmed to deliberately run into traps that are fully visible
>Cannibals are also highly combustable, immolate at the slightest introduction of fire
>"New" cannibals are lazy as fuck in design. Instead of getting cool nightmarish mutants we get "Cow Man" and a lame final boss.
>Spend all your time chopping wood and building mansions, or build it instantly with trainers, either way you're guaranteed little satisfaction
>New update includes lazy susan cupboards for your full sized kitchens, a stone fireplace for getting cozy, shelving for your games of Catan and Pandemic, and a wind-powered generator to make your fortress impenetrable with an electric fence.

The dev could have made it a cool game that would have gotten a lot of attention, and possibly deserved it, but because he took so long developing he instead decided to tap into the autism of sandbox builder players for a steady paycheck.
>>
>>383181205

Speargun
>>
>>383200221
HOW SOON
O
W

S
O
O
N
>>
File: 1285676890.jpg (9KB, 336x322px) Image search: [Google]
1285676890.jpg
9KB, 336x322px
>>383200667
right now
>>
>>383181205
I would just about kill for an arctic underwater diving game

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aVtj_dQvVUM
>>
>>383181205
Ads rifle.
>>
File: choking on misery.jpg (27KB, 383x433px) Image search: [Google]
choking on misery.jpg
27KB, 383x433px
>>383200913
i just want immersion
>>
>>383196362
he suplexed you
>>
>>383201205
That's actually a Reaper attack they can use. Their usual attack is to pick you up and swing you around a bit in your little tin can, but at times he'll straight up suplex you into the seafloor. Kills a Seamoth instantly.
>>
>>383200915
the scallops are moving with little jets
so cute
>>
Hey, I'm new to this game and I have a few questions. I've been making some pretty good progress so far, I have repair tool and a scanner and a seaglide and all that, but I'm not really sure where to go next. I'm still hanging around the area with the escape pod, and I've visited another escape pod nearby but almost got eaten by one of those shark things that hang out in the kelp forest. There's another escape pod on my map and I tried to go to it but it was really close to the Aurora and halfway there the terrain turned into sand dunes and I could see this huge eel thing in the distance, so I chickened out. Where should I be going next / what should I be looking for?
>>
>>383201457
Floating Islands are a good bet, if only for the blueprints and food items for growth they offer. You can see their outline if you peer above the surface.
>>
This game needs whale sharks. Aggressive whale sharks the size of Texas who swallow you whole
>>
File: 1431076658029.gif (2MB, 351x263px) Image search: [Google]
1431076658029.gif
2MB, 351x263px
>>383201805
>teddy bears of the ocean
>aggressive
Out of all the mean things living there, why do you want aggressive versions of the cuddliest creature there.
>>
File: basking_shark.jpg (108KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
basking_shark.jpg
108KB, 800x500px
>>383201805
>whale sharks
>not giant basking sharks instead
nigga
>>
>>383196362
>>383196614
>>383196628
The drill arm does terrible DPS, stop that. Standard pincher claws do the most damage, so either take a grapple arm and stick to its underbelly or let him grab you and DOUBLE PRAWN his face. Should take about 4-5 grabs to kill it, be sure not to walk in front of its face just in case the grabbing script is bugged to still be active when its dead.
>>
They're saying Ghost Leviathans are going to be border patrol, the monsters that kill the player in the void- I kind of prefer this idea I heard from someone in one of these threads.

Imagine like, as you begin to travel out of bounds the PDA begins to warn you of a massive unidentified lifeform somewhere in the drop-off below you, and it warns you to turn back. Eventually if you keep pressing on one of two things happens:
>A massive tentacle lurches out from the dark below and grabs you or your vehicle, tugging you downwards and killing you before you hear the source of the deafening roar that follows
>The water begins to grow murky ahead, and as you press on two giant yellow eyes open and peer out towards you. If you don't immediately retreat at this point the predator roars and lunges at you from the fog, only giving you a brief glimpse of the inside of its maw as it kills you instantaneously.
>>
File: dont question rule 34.png (2MB, 2100x1196px) Image search: [Google]
dont question rule 34.png
2MB, 2100x1196px
:^)
>>
>>383202937
I'd imagine the reasoning is that Ghosts are going to be in the game already anyway and make sense to be a pelagic predator alongside areas like the Grand Reef. To do something like that would require more work for what is essentially just a little something not many people would see anyway nor is much use to be recycled anywhere else in the game because it's just an instakill when triggered. It's still just a small team in the end and are already having their hands full getting all the intended stuff in before 1.0
>>
File: 1392472158451.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1392472158451.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
>>383203136
>>
>>383202937
Why do they even need a monster to patrol the void? No one is intentionally going there, so why make it even more pants shittingly terrifying to explore far?
>>
File: 1475881125401.jpg (118KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
1475881125401.jpg
118KB, 410x410px
>>383202937
>>
>>383203518
>no one is intentionally going there
Clearly you haven't seen the anon who went down 3900m to find some geometry down there. Or the anon with the webm of his PRAWN dropping from his Cyclops to go down. Or me going straight ahead for ten minutes with the Cyclops for the sake of science.
>>
>>383202549
Why is their mouth a ribcage
>>
File: 1491832448574.jpg (68KB, 988x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1491832448574.jpg
68KB, 988x1024px
>>383196362
WHY ARE REAPERS HANGING OUT AT ONLY 30M

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>383204158
because they just kinda swim super fast into groups of food with their mouth open like that and that's how they eat
>>
>>383202937
stop this fucking please i beg
>>
>>383204158
Those aren't ribs you silly man. Look at what they connect to on the side of it's face, then consider how it feeds.
>>
>>383167843
its a survival game but its underwater

Its like saying civ beyond earth and civ 5 are different genres because ones set in space
>>
>>383195093
This isn't Jaws, that cage is made of steel. The shark couldn't generate the force needed to break it if it tried.
>>
>>383188313
2spooky4me
>>
>>383204941
no way dude a shark that big could crush that steel like a tin can theres no way youre surviving that crush force my nigga
>>
>>383203136
>(you)
self obsessed much?
>>
>>383196113
Why did you keep diving that day if you couldn't breathe properly?
>>
>>383191194
>future civilizations existing in a universe teeming with hostile alien life on other planets have no need to protect themselves
>>
>>383178536
You write a paragraph in a gaming forum and expect me to read it?
>>
>>383185181
You can build from inside for the most part
>>
>>383203905
but literally nothing is there
>>
File: Reaper status Bullied.webm (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Reaper status Bullied.webm
2MB, 800x450px
YES!! I did it following the advice in >>383202569
. After getting 3 good grabs in it finally destroyed my fully repaired prawn suit all in the last grab. My knife is what finally did him him.
>>
File: 20170630190841_1.jpg (186KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170630190841_1.jpg
186KB, 1920x1080px
>>383207137
Now it's time to move to bigger and badder prey, anon.
>>
>>383207137
He died in a cloud of gasopod fart.
>>
>>383207137
Wait do these guys spurt out poison gas?
>>
File: 1490375243480.gif (1MB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
1490375243480.gif
1MB, 500x350px
>>383207283
That's the plan. Planet 4546B will fear me. My glory will not be denied!

>>383207389
No it was one of the gasopods near me
>>
>>383199150

The explosion was cool. Also, it's ok because he sounded black.
>>
>>383207137
damn
>>
>install subnautica
>get bored
>uninstall
>see /v/ subnautica thread
>repeat
I can't break the cycle
>>
File: 972820_1359609735513_480_204.jpg (14KB, 480x204px) Image search: [Google]
972820_1359609735513_480_204.jpg
14KB, 480x204px
>>383189802
>that 2
>THAT 4
all of my yes
>>
>>383199132

Getting the cert cost me 400 bux (in AUS) but renting all the equipment (wetsuit, boots, scuba gear, tank of air etc) only costs 20
>>
>>383210137
I really wonder why they unanimously decided that the worst possible one was what they were going to implement. It's so obviously to worst one there yet, welp, that's what we got.
>>
>>383191962
that explains a lot
I feel stupid now
>>
File: underwaterroomanime.jpg (250KB, 1250x819px) Image search: [Google]
underwaterroomanime.jpg
250KB, 1250x819px
>>383167843

I guess? Bioshock made me really hungry for a game where I could build my own custom Rapture.

I assumed that was a really niche desire though, so it blew my mind somebody actually made a game where I could do it.

Comfy sub-aquatic feels as you gaze out the dome window into the radiant blue abyss, with fishies swimming by are second to NONE

It makes me disappointed there's so few underwater labs irl
>>
where can I pirate the newest version of this game
>>
>>383210445
>It makes me disappointed there's so few underwater labs irl

Yeah because if one dipshit trips and falls on the glass and it breaks everything goes to shit.
>>
>>383196626
the day he adds animation you're fucked
>>
File: 50032.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
50032.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>383191072
>>
>>383210523
How come there aren't daily reports of airplane decompressions from burgers slapping their blubber against the window.
>>
File: 1492104579468.jpg (300KB, 640x429px) Image search: [Google]
1492104579468.jpg
300KB, 640x429px
Is this game fun if all I want to do is build a comfy base and explore? Or am I constantly going to get shafted by reapers and deep sea monsters?
>>
>>383210663
There would be if the airplane was made completely of glass except for the floor, like these sea labs are.
>>
>>383200915
an artic zone has chances of showing up after the game releases
>>
File: aquariusinterior2.jpg (255KB, 940x705px) Image search: [Google]
aquariusinterior2.jpg
255KB, 940x705px
>>383210523

They don't use glass for the windows irl. They use acrylic, a transparent plastic that doesn't shatter.
>>
File: 264710_20170705225137_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
264710_20170705225137_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>383210691
Yes, there are plenty of areas where you can build a base safely. I think people overstate the danger of some creatures.
>>
File: Laminated Safety Glass Floor-1.jpg (70KB, 283x228px) Image search: [Google]
Laminated Safety Glass Floor-1.jpg
70KB, 283x228px
>>383210523
There's a lot of different kinds of glass these days, you know.
>>
File: 1498618149847.png (352KB, 749x557px) Image search: [Google]
1498618149847.png
352KB, 749x557px
>>383210889
>Yes, there are plenty of areas where you can build a base safely.

Then why do I keep seeing fucking webms of reapers in shallow water at 3m below the surface
>>
>>383210960
Pulling aggro, duh.
>>
>>383210960
Those are all console spoofers.
>>
File: 264710_20170628162640_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
264710_20170628162640_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>383210960
That only occurs if you build near the crashed spaceship which would be stupid to do in the first place.
>>
>>383210960
If you're talking about the webms I made, they're so close to the surface because I aggro them from their patrol path near the rear end of the aurora. If you just don't go near the aurora you should mostly be fine.
>>
File: 1498212431402.jpg (32KB, 342x260px) Image search: [Google]
1498212431402.jpg
32KB, 342x260px
>>383211292
>mostly
>>
>>383211357

Go the fuck away from the Aurora then, and build in deeper water. You have more to fear from Reapers than deep water.
>>
is this game good to play if i have an extreme phobia of water but im also strangely interested in what i fear?
>>
>>383211615

Yes, because ultimately it's about conquering the deep with your own ingenuity. Building deeper and deeper until the whole sea is your playground
>>
>>383211615
yes
>>
>>383211615
It is. The game pushes you deeper and deeper until the fear turns to annoyance.
>>
>>383188820

You suck.
>>
why aren't there any games like this but on land with dinosaurs
>>
>>383211615
thalassophobiafag here, I'm shitting my pants 90% of the time and most of it its just because of the emptiness of the neverending water
but that has me hooked up
>>
>>383212165
ARK...?
>>
File: midwater.png (550KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
midwater.png
550KB, 1366x768px
>>383212285

A midwater base is not for you then. Nothing but water on all sides
>>
>>383170063
it looks like No Man's Sea
>>
What's the best part of the game, and why is it the period between game-start and fixing the radiation leak on the Aurora?

Also why is it so hard to find parts of the Mobile Vehicle Bay, goddamn.
>>
>>383189802
they should also add crew. Maybe you can find AI survivors. Hey, might even make you more emotionally attached to your submarine when it starts to get flooded.
>>
Any performance tweaks for this game?
>>
>>383213238

They took out deformable terrain which improved performance alot, but there's another optimization patch coming "soon"(?)
>>
File: reaper.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
reaper.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Only found out about this today, but apparently updated models for the Reaper and Sea Emperor have been around since a month and three weeks ago respectively. And holy shit do they look amazing.
>>
File: emperor.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
emperor.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: emperor new and old.png (735KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
emperor new and old.png
735KB, 1920x1080px
>>
Also, the Ghost Leviathan is in the game in Experimental, right now there's one in the Ghost Forest and one in the Bones Field, they have their sounds (which are fucking terrifying by the way) and they're a little smaller than it originally was, the devs said they're going to put them in a few other places, witha newborn baby in the Giant Tree Cove, the two juveniles in the Lost River, a sub-adult in the Grand Reef, possibly an adult somewhere else, and the full-sized monster adult in the Void.
>>
Ever died in a stupid way?
Once, I went to a hole in the Dunes, and I tried parking my Cyclops as deep in the hole as possible to avoid the Reapers, actually wedging the craft in. I dropped down in my robot to mine resources, but when I came back up, the Cyclops was spazzing out and slammed right into me as I was trying to dock.
>>
>>383213495
Looks much better with black eyes like a doll's eyes
>>
as for the ghost leviathan in the abyss,

couldn't they spawn a FUCKHUGE one relative to how much stuff is unloaded because you are in the middle of nowhere and that's not graphically intensive?
>>
>>383176329
>highschool dropout detected
Stop playing games and get an education, kid.
>>
>>383212504
I did not realize you could do this
>>
>>383214061
Is the newborn baby gonna be dangerous? I wanted to build a base in the cove, but I don't want a spooky ghost given me a fright
>>
>>383215396
Just kill it.
>>
>>383215130

I have used this method to make an ocean spanning grid of "gas stations" for the Cyclops. They are just single module bases with solar panels that charge a bunch of power cells.

This way I can explore with the cyclops freely, and when I run low I just pull up to the nearest station (which is just barely within the depth limit for solar panels) and swap the dead cells for the charged ones.
>>
>>383215396
Don't know. Hopefully it will be passive since it's a newborn. The two juveniles are aggressive.
>>
>>383215441
But it's just a baby :(
>>
>>383214342
I didn't die, but I dropped 2 scrap metal while standing on top of the escape pod and It launched me about 100m up and 200 meters away. I landed in the water and flew to the bottom at mach speed and lost a bunch of health
>>
>>383191324
But the prawn already has 2
>>
>>383215657
Where did you end up?
>>
>>383215692
but the prawn isn't neutrally buoyant
>>
>>383215495
How many gas stations do you have?
How long did it take to set up?
>>
>>383215827
How many would you really need? no more than 4, right?
>>
File: 1364791281411.png (315KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1364791281411.png
315KB, 350x350px
>tfw subnautica vr
Almost makes me wish I wasn't returning my Vive.
>>
>>383215787
>Wanting a floating chair with a spooky sounding engine instead of a super-fighting robot
Enjoy your death by Reapers, faggot
>>
>>383215827

31. Several months, because I did it legit. I know it doesn't sound like many, but they are far apart.
>>
>>383197370
Someone took the time to build a fucking Macross in KSP. And it works.
Thats goddamn amazing.
>>
>>383215948

If you put them at the absolute maximum range of the Cyclops apart, yes. But if you want to always be sure one is close by when you need it, you need more than that.
>>
>>383215745
Not entirely sure, I just know it launched me towards the crashed ship and i swam the fuck back asap cus I hadn't been out that far yet.

Anyways I made a repair tool, large oxygen tank, and flippers so far.

What's next?
>>
>>383215787
also if the seamoth had a robot arm, they could introduce actual pressure limits on the player and make it lethal to exit a vehicle at depth
>>
>>383216272

That's what I want to see. Also, nitrogen saturation as a gameplay mechanic.
>>
File: Everblue_2_Coverart.png (176KB, 256x363px) Image search: [Google]
Everblue_2_Coverart.png
176KB, 256x363px
>>383167843
When is Everblu 2 getting a real sequel? It does a good job with deep sea and exploration
>>
I haven't played subnautica since late 2015.

What's new since then?
>>
>>383216029

You're returning your Vive? Why?
>>
>>383199354
I would pay my respects, but I am currently several thousand credits in debt to the Alterra corporation. I won't be paying anything but bills for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>383216232
Vehicles
Find fragments of a Seaglide, construction platform and Seamoth. If you don't have a scanner already, get one
>>
Should I get this or just wait for it to be finished?
>>
>>383216501
Quite a lot since then.

Scroll down and watch the videos for each update, spoiler warning.
http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Update_History
>>
So how long until the full release?
>>
>>383214061
I read the ghost leviathan in the void is going to be 3 times bigger than a normal adult one.
>>
>>383216501
A metric shitload.
>>
>>383216545
Nauseating after barely 30 minutes of use, and the screen door effect is something you eventually begin to notice more and more until you can't ignore the fact you're not actually there but just up against a screen.

I love the fucking thing but at $800 you gotta be a genuine enthusiast to justify the dive and I guess I'm not there yet. I saved for it for an amazingly long time but now I feel that money should just go into more practical outlets.
>>
I had a lot of fun with this game for 12 hours and then it destroyed my save
>>
>>383216826
>Team trip to Hawaii? Thailand? :)
kek
>>
>>383217397
Was that back before they allowed saved games to update as well? That's been fixed for a while now.
>>
>>383217503
are you telling me it's safe to start playing? been waiting for full release
>>
>>383217503
It just happened today, lost all of my progress and the entire starting area became empty water with floating coral.
>>
>>383216808
At this point you should just wait for the release in Sep/Oct. You'll enjoy the story more if you can play it through to completion on the first go, and the game will be more optimized.

However, they are planning a price increase when it leaves early access so you may want to purchase it before then and just wait to play it. You just missed it for $10 in the summer sale, so it's hard to say whether it will go on sale again between now and release.
>>
>>383217643
Not him, but my saves haven't shit themselves in a while. However I start a new save every update.
>>
I hope that they'll make the ghost leviathan smash it's horns into the subs and larger creatures instead of using the mouth.
It doesn't make sense that they'd try to bite things with such a small mouth.
>>
>>383217831
>small

It can swallow you whole no problem, hell it can easily devour a River Prowler.
>>
File: 20170707235927_1.jpg (258KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170707235927_1.jpg
258KB, 1920x1080px
I think I triggered something. I've got those balloon mushrooms and ampeels at less than 200m depth. Also there's a bunch of volcanic vents where there weren't previously and a lot more infected swimming around.
>>
>>383215495
>>383216185

How many Solar Panels does a single charger need? Check my math on this one

From Wiki:
>The Power Cell Charger takes 22 minutes to charge a fully depleted Power Cell, at a cost of 200 Energy.

So to charge 2 cells, 400 Energy / 22 minutes = ~18.18 per minute, which is a little over 0.3 energy a second.

Looks like a panel at 0m only gains .255 per second, so you'll need 2 panels, and you should avoid going below 50m.

is there anything else a minimalist restocking station would need? Scanner room, moon bay, farms?
>>
>>383179296
can i use save reload in hardcore, or the save file just destroys itself after player character's death
>>
>>383218252
Yeah, but I mean for things larger than would fit.
You have to remember that there will be infants and juveniles too.
>>
>>383179387
should take no more than 30-60 seconds at the moment (using normal hard drive)
>>
>>383167843
I so want to play this but no time + no money = failure
>>
File: 18u9eyn25afz0jpg.jpg (60KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
18u9eyn25afz0jpg.jpg
60KB, 800x450px
>>383185308
stillsuits are thebst
>>
File: DCwo4WqVoAAVvhk.jpg (204KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
DCwo4WqVoAAVvhk.jpg
204KB, 1200x900px
What is the coolest place you could feasibly build a base?

I've been thinking about setting up something comfy in the Lost River
>>
>>383189306
would've bought that, if not for "jew business money" flavor texts (i have a hard time to believe that most powerful businessmen in the galaxy would've given up on such ez revenue stream as weapon industry - you can demonstrably see that common sense is at loss, when with enough money and time you can lobby anything you want through the administration)
>>
Are scanner rooms worth it?
>>
>>383220716
>ez revenue stream as weapon industry
I thought we already established that in this universe there's no market for weapons? How could you get a stream of money if nobody has a compulsion to use them anymore?
>>
>>383167843
No. It's just an average survival game. Only difference is, instead of being stranded on an island or on some mass of land, you're stranded underwater in an ocean.

I don't really get the appeal of this game, to be honest. It was fun for like an hour or two, but got boring fast. Maybe if it actually had co-op, it would be fun with friends, but by itself, I just get bored so goddamn fast.

I do like the concept though, and it does seem to have its fans here, so good on them I guess.
>>
>>383220901
markets don't just completely vanish from existence - there are always situations where the guns are much needed (like in a Aurora crash scenario) - that's just poor writing
>>
>>383220345
Giant Tree Cove is super-comfy.
>>
>>383191479
do the glowing seeds grow back after you harvested the crop?
>>
>>383167843
Are any of the other 1488+ games like this decent enough to play?
>>
>>383221203
So you never "would've bought that >>383220716 is what you're saying?
>>
>>383221524
i-uh... what?!
>>
>>383182340
>Eh just another clip of someone encountering Reaper for the first time...

Oh fug it flew.
>>
>>383221486
>>>/pol/
>>
>>383221486
Nigger, this game's actually pretty unique. And the other Ocean games, Stranded Deep and Salt I think, are no where near as good as this one.
>>
>>383215495
>He doesn't have 2 power cell recharging stations IN his cyclops with the power efficiency module
Do you even perpetual motion bro?
>>
>>383221486
name two games you consider like this one
>>
File: 2017-07-01_00005.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-01_00005.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>383220345
Lost river is comfy as fuck. Once optimization gets sorted out I really want to build a base on top of the huge mushroom tree, right now my system runs in slideshow mode in that area though.
>>
>>383198076
Farsky (also, Bioshock, Soma, Aquanox etc.)
>>
>>383167843
I bought game at release because devs promised multiplayers. Surprise, surprise they were lying. I raised this issue on the subnautic subreddit a few months back and was told to fuck off by a small army of fanboys.
>>
>>383203136
imagine being such a colossal faggot that you make these reddit tier reaction epic win 4chan compilations OF YOUR OWN FUCKING POST
>>
>>383222605
I've never heard this promise, do you have links to any statements made where the devs said this?
>>
>>383222605
When did they promise multiplayer?
>>
>>383191259
>not using the grappling hook to latch on to enemies and then drill them to death
>>
What's with all the Subnautica threads?
>>
>>383222605
I recall they mentioned it being an eventual possibility but for now the game would have to be seriously reworked to support it. You tried raising that issue in a community that had long accepted that.
>>
>>383223108
Recent updates
>>
>>383223108
All these motherfucking newfags with no motherfucking appreciation for motherfucking deep sea content.
Why do you think, you stupid sack of shit?
>>
>>383222605
When's the last time you heard someone say "surprise, surprise" and they weren't a complete fucking retard?

That's the same shit your crazy aunt used to say before yelling about how Obama wants to invade her bible study and steal her lemon squares
>>
>>383170405
Ark is the best. It's like EVE with all the politics and grinding.
>>
>>383197370
divine levels of autism ahaha
>>
>Ctrl+F "VR"
>1 of 1 matches

So sad... I can't believe how many of you haven't experienced this game in its full terrifying glory. Nothing better than having a reaper come at you and then screaming like a little scared bitch
>>
>>383224050
I'm sure it's a more enjoyable experience. Is it a $598 more enjoyable experience?
>>
>>383224050
I'm sure it's not a more enjoyable experience. Shekels aside, I don't want a headset hanging off my face.
>>
>>383224238

I got mine for free from Valve but let me honest with you, no shill bullshit. I would wait until it has high resolution, wireless, new controllers and more AAA titles before purchasing.
>>
>>383214584
I think that's the plan, really big versions of the existing monsters.
>>
>>383192436
>The in game lore explanation for why you cannot have any type of personal offensive weapon is absolutely awful.

"The last time a bunch of people were stranded in a long-term survival situation and had access to a shitload of military-grade weapons there was a fucking massacre so we did everything we could to prevent that happening again" is a bad explanation how exactly?

And before you say "it doesn't make sense" just remember that gun control is already a thing in the real world and half the time it also makes no goddamn sense.
>>
>>383201102
go play Farsky, until Subnautica is optimized - it's really comfy
>>
>>383199150
>>383199239
Makes sense though considering the messages you get indicate that the ship can only hold ~10-20 people, whereas the Aurora is at least a kilometer in length.
>>
File: vwawerve.jpg (25KB, 236x329px) Image search: [Google]
vwawerve.jpg
25KB, 236x329px
>>383213495
good, the in game model really doesn't do them justice, those face claws look so much better
>>
File: .jpg (347KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
347KB, 1920x1080px
>>383218823
So I've been breaking down how much each of these outposts would cost. Inventory is what you need to construct it, storage is what raw materials you need to gather each time:

2 Solar Panels
> 4 Quatrz
> 4 Ti
Compartment
> 2 Ti
Hatch
> 2 Quartz (Glass)
> 2 Ti
Power Cell Charger
> 2 Cu (Cu Wire > Chip)
> 1 Au (Chip)
> 2 Coral (Chip)
> 2 Ag (Wiring kit)
> 2 Quartz (Glass)
> 2 Ti
2 Power Cells
> 8 Acid Mushrooms (Batteries)
> 4 Cu (Batteries)
> 1 Kelp Cluster (2 Rubber)
Plant Pot for Emergency Rations
> 1 Ti
> 4 Seeds (Edible Food)

TOTAL SUPPLIES (In stupid inventory order):
> 1 Kelp Cluster
> 8 Quatrz
> 6 Cu
> 11 Ti
> 1 Au
> 2 Ag
> 8 Acid Mushrooms
> 2 Coral
> 4 Seeds

Gonna go build one now, I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
Thread posts: 510
Thread images: 104

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.