[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /V/ hate this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_20170707-213845.jpg (665KB, 725x1213px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170707-213845.jpg
665KB, 725x1213px
Why does /V/ hate this game?
>>
/v/ doesn't hate that game... it's just that the series has devolved and people don't like that.
>>
>>383162106
>Glowing critic reviews
>Great player reviews
>Massive cult following
>Fun
Ill stop there.
>>
Bad combat
Visually ugly
Poor writing and story
linear repetitive dungeons
Bad UI
Bad MMO tier quests
>>
Because it's popular
>>
>>383162387
>bad combat
wrong
>visually ugly
playing with vanilla textures lmao
>poor writing and story
wrong
>linear repetitive dungeons
wrong
>bad ui
stop playing on a console without mods
>bad mmo tier quests
wrong
>>
Everything you do is go into a cave full of draugr, forsworn, calmer, or bandits

Quests all have the same shitty half baked join>surprise>save>leader story

Skills and leveling are disjointed as fuck making playing on legendary a chore between 30 and 60 (if you don't level up specific stats in this time your damage output won't scale with enemies)

Magic is fucked

Spend more time modding than playing and eventually you realize that no amount of polish can make this anything but a turd
>>
>/v/ hates it
>It's the second most discussed game after Dark Souls

Yeah right, it's just idiots pretending. Everyone loves this game for one reason or another
>>
>>383162106
Because it's bad at everything.
>>
>>383163803
You are retarded. Quests are literally "Kill 5 wolves" tier. Combat is pure button mashing and magic is the worst in the whose series.
Not to mention fucking retarded story probably written by some 8 year old.
>>
>>383162349
>Fun
which part of it is fun?
I gave up on it really early because of how boring the combat was and the story seemed like generic cliche garbage
>>
Because theyve tried to sell it to me 5 times in 6 years
>>
>>383162106
I had to fight one too many draugr.
>>
Shame on you /v/
This game was the first TES game may people on this board played, I cant say it's bad because I played the living shit out of it until I got bored, then installed mods and duplicated the hours playing

The thing is, the cancer that came with this game, this is the quintessential of the millennial "Gamer" you hate it because of the memes, you hate it because how popular it is, you hate it because there are people thinking this was the best game ever made, the hype culture is what gives this game a bad name
>>
>>383162106

It's actually a decent game. Pretty fun with the right mods.

However, it also represents a step backward for the series in some aspects, particularly in the possible simplification of mechanics for the sake of mainstream appeal. Kinda like how Oblivion did for Morrowind, and how Morrowind did for Daggerfall, etc.
>>
It's incredibly shallow, the mechanics are so basic, the writing doesnt even attempt to be clever, yet normies hold it as the gold standard and it fills your heart with despair.
>>
they took all the rpg out of it its boring as fuck lol
>>
The funniest thing about skyrim is how many kiddos on 4chan pretend Oblivion was some masterpiece lmao
>>
>>383166548
combat is literally the best in the series, it's not the games fault that you are a complete fucking idiot.
Morrowind was pure luck and Oblivion was button mashing, while in Skyrim you have a running, sprinting, sideways and direct power attack, dual wielding, 3 types of possible blocks, the ability to disarm, stun and stagger an enemy...
only a few misc quests are "collect x amount of things", the only ones I know are given by Riften traders which ask you to collect wolf skins, gems, and ores for you to trade in.

And the dungeons are pretty fun if you don't expect the game to spoon feed you everything. Some of the more original ones - A Dunmer mage creates a potion that turns him translucent, he tricks people into thinking that he is a ghost.
Or the one in which a necromancer instead or resurrecting corpses enslaved the souls of the buried and force them to attack travelers, the souls also shout stuff like "I don't have any choice!" " Is someone there? Stay back! I don't want to attack you!"
And for people complaining about the quest markers, again it's not the games fault for you skipping every dialogue and not reading any notes.
>>
>>383167759
I downloaded this shit the night it came out and didn't bother playing it again. It sucks.
>>
>>383168518
underage b&
>>
>>383163803

go home Todd,there is a mountain to climb
>>
>>383162106

Because normies like it.

And most of /v/ doesn't actually hate this game, they just claim they do for "gamer cred". This place is completely and utterly full of shit and obsessed with not being "normie" even though they really play all the same games they do in secret. Apart from the weebs, they really are degenerates.
>>
>>383168624
oh please prove me wrong
>>
>>383167759
Nah, I hate it because I played it too much and I could no longer ignore the downgrades from the previous two entries like no longer having quests or factions.
>>
>>383162106
Bought oblivion in the 5th grade and my life was never the same again after that. The feeling and immersion I felt when playing TES4 were something a game has never made me feel and never has since then. I was ultra hyped for skyrim and the wait was killing me, when I finally bought it, it only took me a couple of hours playing to realize how shallow this game really was. Sure there's a lot of content, but all of it is ankle deep. Very disappointed in how much they dumbed the series down
>>
>>383169107
how do you mean no factions?
>>
>>383162106
What makes you think /v/ hates this game?
>>
Skyrim is just so shallow it hurts. Everything you do leaves a bad taste in your mouth, or better leaves your stomach empty like fast food. The quests, the combat, the story, it all feels like a first draft, ideas that are never really developed, taken to their full potential
>>
>>383169156
You need to take the nostalgia goggles off. Oblivion was away more repetitive than Skyrim. Literally all the enviroments looked the same. Some sidequests were inventive but most were "Go fight trolls in a cavern/ghosts in ayleid ruins/demons in oblivion." Yet noone mentions this when they criticize skyrim.

I wonder if anyone here even played daggerfall on release
>>
>>383165094
>calmer
lol
>>
Played it for the first time a few months ago. It's slow and the combat is underwhelming
>>
File: Screenshot_20170628-115052.jpg (406KB, 1069x764px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170628-115052.jpg
406KB, 1069x764px
>>383169319
Just look at this thread
>>
>>383163803
If your game needs people to make mods for it to be playable then it'd garbage.
>>
So what if we don't have time to polish our game and make it good? Check our sweet 11/11/11 release date bro
>>
File: IMG_3358.png (143KB, 398x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3358.png
143KB, 398x384px
Hate? Why I love the Elder Scrolls™ Skyrim™, Todd Howard, my idol, has vitalized the franchise when he embraced modding, while I'm on the subject, Fallout™ 4 would complete the Bethesda™ experience as well, be on the lookout for those two on vr, have fun you crazy kids
>>
>>383162106
it's extremely casual and barely even has any rpg mechanics anymore
>>
>>383169928
I'm phone posting on vacation and haven't trimmed my thumbnails for a while so I'm fucked up
>>
Just a remainder that if you think Skyrim is easy because you min-maxed a stealth archer, you are literal trash
>>
>>383162106
They're too lazy/dumb to mod it properly.
>>
>>383170764
Fine i'll bite, pirating it atm and all the DLCs.
>>
>>383162106
It's popular.
>>
>>383162106
Got the legendary edition for 6 dollars. Pretty good for that price.
>>
>>383162106
Glorified Oblivion that normies praise as the second coming of Jesus of video games. Not surprising at all /v/ hates it
>>
/v/ actually loves it.
>>
>>383171301
I think it's easy because I always circle strafe behind every enemy and slash their back until they drop dead. If there are multiple enemies I just let them chase me through an area where they'll get stuck on the level geometry and then separate one from the pack.
>>
>>383168518
Finally, someone understands. The combat in Skyrim is bad, sure. But it's leagues ahead of any previous TES game.
>>
>>383168624
>makes good points
must be underage!
>>
>>383171301
>Circle strafe

I'm not sure you've ever played Skyrim, my friend. This isn't Dark Souls. Enemies will track you like it's nothing, even mid attack.
>>
>>383172727
Meant for
>>383172242
>>
>>383172242
Melee is the most balanced playstyle. Stealth is too strong and magic is too weak (Unless you go stealth mage, which is beyond broken)
>>
>be me
>love game when it first comes out
>see it's being remastered
>pissed as it's an obvious scam
>get it for christmas
>play it for a while before the nostalgia dies down
>go to bed
>wake up next morning
>game is fucking shit
>boring combat
>shit story
>god awful characters
>repetitive quests
>can't roleplay in an RPG
>civil war feels like a playground fight between two five year olds
>mage college more boring than real college
>thieves guild only good for unbreakable lockpick
>dark brotherhood fails worse than the Black Hand Gang
>dragon fights are boring
>shouts are garbage

fuck you
>>
>>383173369
>mage college
>boring
Over the line, you piece of shit.
>>
>>383166548
The combat is bad in all TES games
>>
>>383169107
Oblivion was fucking trash
>shit combat
>shit characters
>boring story
>shit ending
>zero chance for roleplaying
>>
>>383162106
because it's 2011 game. you know what was also released in 2011?
PARTY ROCK IS IN THE HOUSE TONIIIGHT
>>
Don't know. Oblivion is worse in every way. Oblivion is legitimately shit game. I don't know how people have fun in that game. It is fundamentally broken
>>
>Start Game
>Learn to crouch
>Get bow
>Learn to use bow while crouch
>Level up archery and sneak
>Can go most of game like this

Fun if you are just regular melee, everything else is either a pain or a breeze
>>
>>383162106
Popular things are bad.
Now let me tell you about Age of Decadence a true masterpiece..what you have not heard of it...I am not surprised... it takes a superior intellect to enjoy a game of this magnitude.
>>
>>383162349
Not valid metrics around here anon.
The only one that matters is bellyfeels among these snowflakes.
>>
>>383170354
So not a fan of VtM:B?
>>
>/V/
>>
>>383177921
What? Vtmb is great without mods
I found it kinda hard tho t b h
>>
>>383178371
Playing without fan made patches?
I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
To each his own.
>>
>>383178654
Oh I didn't count the patches lol my bad
I've never tried any of the mods like "Camarilla nights" tho are they any good
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.