[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people still play WoW? The amount of bullshit RNG and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: for_the_light2_by_khubbo-d66q44c.jpg (118KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
for_the_light2_by_khubbo-d66q44c.jpg
118KB, 1191x670px
Why do people still play WoW? The amount of bullshit RNG and grind the Diablo team added to the game is ridiculous. Even with the efforts to make every class the same they still can't balance shit.
>>
>>383155017
>people play games i dont like WAAAAAAAH
Another excelent addition to this shithole's catalog. GJ faggot
>>
>>383155140
Thank you
>>
>>383155017
The audience isn't the same audience as before. MMOs have churn, and one that has been around as long as WoW has likely churned away 99% of its original base.
>>
>>383155017
They didn't know what it used to be like and can't see how shit it's become.

It was all downhill after WOTLK, maybe during, when they brought out dungeon finder.
>>
>>383157758
Arena started the downfall of pvp because of small scale balance being impossible for classes built to engage in groups of 5 to 10 to 25, but you're right about what destroyed the pve community.
>>
>>383157758
>Implying MoP wasn't a fantastic expansion
>>
>>383157971
I didn't play it, regret it though because Pandaria seemed fantastic.
>>
>>383157971
It was good, and then they decided they needed to undo everything good about it because it didn't get them back to WotLK levels. They left in too much of the cancer that started with dungeon finder.
>>
File: nn.png (16KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
nn.png
16KB, 657x527px
>>383157758
can someone explain why people have the most issues with the dungeon finder? or is it the case people are just parroting a popular opninon?
>>
>>383158636
It made dungeons too quick and easy, they didn't feel like an adventure, people talked less and less and they didn't need to, completely ruined everything.

MMORPGs are about the community and WoW has barely any left, it's a singleplayer game now.
>>
>>383158636
I had no problem getting dungeon groups back before dungeon finder. I made friends with a lot of people on my server and when I wanted a group, I just asked people I knew who would ask people they knew.

Dungeon finder disincentivized that kind of community building for new players.
>>
File: 7680785685.png (37KB, 1013x609px) Image search: [Google]
7680785685.png
37KB, 1013x609px
>>383155017
I'll bite I guess.

>The amount of bullshit RNG and grind the Diablo team added to the game is ridiculous
Legendaries were not implemented well, even with the soft capped removed in ToV they still represent a lot of frustration. That said, for anyone who having BiS legendaris would make or break their raid spot they likely have them at this point since everyone who started early probably has over 10 by now. They still make spec/main swapping harder than previous expansions.

The AP grind is another thing but the big misconception here is that you're supposed to cap the weapon which simply isn't the case. A new character can hit max AK in a few days since the research timer is very short now and from there they can easily hit 52 traits within a week. The benefit for going beyond 52 is VERY marginal, e.g. only one person on Method kill of fallen avatar (which only 2 guilds have killed at the time of this post) had more than 59 ranks.

>Even with the efforts to make every class the same they still can't balance shit.
Class balance is pretty good at the moment, especially now that people are finishing their new tiers. It's probably better than the other two tiers we've had thus far. The mythic rankings are a bit more skewed but it's not exactly very representative since most guilds haven't cleared even a third of the raid and nobody is 9/9 yet.
>>
>>383155017
These types of super popular games are played solely because of the popularity. People want to play the "best" game so they play the most popluar or everyone else they know plays it so they do also. Same effect with other games like Halo or Call of duty. Blizzard could double the prices and email everyone a fuck you and it would still be the most played game.
>>
Being a DPS Paladin or Monk is suffering
>>
File: Ion.png (360KB, 607x555px) Image search: [Google]
Ion.png
360KB, 607x555px
>Wow is shit
>No other games feature pandasluts
JUST
>>
>>383162719
Does he actually believe what he's saying?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.