[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /v/ shill this controller so much. Literally the only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

Why does /v/ shill this controller so much. Literally the only thing it even offers is a better d-pad, which most modern games don't even use anymore.
>>
It's subjectively a really nice controller.
It's objectively overpriced.
All first-party controllers on the market are really fucking good right now, we're in like a golden age of dual analog.
>>
The d-pad sucks. I like the sticks and size of the buttons. I can't claw the joycons as well, and the joycon sticks don't have enough travel distance. I prefer the click of the joycon's buttons and triggers.
>>
The dpad is literally the worst aspect you fucking kike faggot
>>
>>383147662
over priced and provided a shit dpad
>>
the d-pad is fucking shit, purchasing this piece of shit was literally the biggest regret in my life
>>
>>383147662
i don't like the d-pad placement, it's not comfortable for fighting games
>>
>>383148209
>I can't claw
autism
>>
>Better Dpad
Literally doesn't even have that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOZ4EsGVBhM
The controller is a step down from the WiiU pro controller in all regards except that it has gyro
>>
>>383147662
The d-pad is shit and this has been discussed countless times here on le /vee/.

youtube.com/watch?v=FOZ4EsGVBhM
>>
>>383147662
so can I use a wii u pro or am I fucked
>>
>>383147662
Any word on being able to use this for my PC games? I heard it was possible but no support for it at launch
>>
>>383148091
I just feel like the puppy con grip is more than suitable for most of the Switch's game library. Unless you are playing traditional fighting games and are a casual who who can't fight with a stick and needs a d-pad, the joycon d-pad is just fine for precision inputs if that is what you need.

I'm starting to get the feeling that most of the anon's shilling the propad don't actually own a Switch and are just trying to talk shit by making it sound like you need to spend more money for an "actual good controller". Either that or they are just too autistic to get used to anything that isn't aping the X-Box controller. The propad might be useful once Switch gets an extensive Virtual Console, but I just don't see that much incentive to buy it right now unless you want that special Splatoon one
>>
It's a good controller. Better than the PS4, not as good as the xbox.
>>
its impossible to play and enjoy botw without this controller.
>>
>>383148657
The joycons are too small for it.
>>
>>383147662
xbox-360 controller or none at all
>>
>>383147662
same thing with shilling the wii u or ps4 controller. people with low standards that have never used and xbox controller.
>>
>>383148863
>m-muh claw
autism
>>
File: 1488237472736.gif (474KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1488237472736.gif
474KB, 200x150px
>>383148091
>All first-party controllers on the market are really fucking good right now, we're in like a golden age of dual analog.
>Literally the entire big 3 have shit dpads and other glaring flaws/a complete lack of innovation this gen
>Thinks analog sticks are good
I'm actually sick to my stomach from how bad this post is
>>
>>383149021
>m-muh it's okay when nintendo makes tiny controllers and sells their d-pads as DLC
>>
>>383148753
Todd this is not a FO thread
>>
>>383148773
It connects via bluetooth. I used it with dolphin easily, but since its dinput instead of xinput I had to use x360ce to use it properly with Rocket League. If you use x360ce it works perfectly on PC.
>>
>>383149125
The Bone controller has a great dpad.
>>
>>383149220
>implying games even need d-pad in 2017

There's a reason the d-pad has been relegated in most games to just being another set of normal buttons, because analog and gyro have pretty much made them obsolete as a means of movement
>>
>>383149446
And it's literally the least changed controller this gen unless you pay triple the price to get the elite, which is 150 for fucking backpaddles and dpad and stick options
>>
File: 1364190252060.png (47KB, 188x170px) Image search: [Google]
1364190252060.png
47KB, 188x170px
>>383149483
>Dpad is obsolete in most games
>Except 2d platformers
>Which conveniently happen to be Nintendo's major bread and butter
>It's fine that you don't have a dpad in handheld mode
>>
>>383149678
It has really nice rubberized grips and feels sturdier than any controller I've used. When you flex the standard xbox one or the ps4 controller you can hear them creak and move, the elite doesn't.
>>
>>383149678
It doesn't need gimmicks to be the best.
>>
>>383148852
>he doesn't use joycons in each hand grip

Fampai it's like you don't like relaxing.
>>
>>383149917
The joycons are awful for anything that requires you to shift your thumbs between inputs.
>>
/v/ is just fucking autistic about controllers. it's the same as the fucking wii u gamepad

just use the 360 controller and shut up
>>
>>383149864
The "modern controller" is archaic shit. Being the most standard means being the most shit.

The dualshock 4 is hardly taken advantage of on it's home console outside of gravity rush. But it has gyro aiming that can be applied to any game on PC (does finer movement significantly better than sticks, and has no turn speed cap which allows you to make quick reactions and objectively play better than somebody on a controller without gyro) and it's trackpad on PC can be used like the Steam controllers, though in the middle of the controller it's only useful for menus but you can make some alright use out of it.

Nintendo on the other hand has gyro in the pro controller, and uses it in a lot of games, but the Switch Pro has shit support on PC, no gyro support, and likely never will.

Not to mention a major problem on all 3 of them. You cannot fucking use 2/3rds of the buttons without taking your hands off the sticks. You need to pay 150 dollars to get backpaddles on the xbone.

Controllers are shit tier and they need to keep improving.
>>
>>383150365
You could just learn to claw.
>>
File: 1363496728724.gif (2MB, 320x228px) Image search: [Google]
1363496728724.gif
2MB, 320x228px
>>383150631
Clawing is clear evidence that controllers are inherently fucking flawed.
>>
>>383150706
If it works, why not use it? Or just add the paddles yourself.
>>
>>383150757
Because it's handrape and clearly not how the controller is intended to be used?

Flat shit like the 3DS, Vita, and WiiU Gamepad are the only places I've ever found clawing to be remotely tolerable.
>>
>>383149812
>2-d platformers need a d-pad

As someone who plays 2-d platformers with both d-pad and analog, I can confirm that especially these days with 2-d platformers being more technically impressive with more fluid character animations, using an analog stick is much better.

Every genre has evolved beyond the use of the d-pad by now. Fighting games were always meant to be played with joysticks and the earliest Atari platformers also used a joystick. And the reason the Genesis D-pad was better than the SNES d-pad was becausebit functioned a lot more like an arcade joystick which was great for the many arcade ports on the Genesis. The NES and the SNES made good use of the d-pad because their processing power was slower and so their games ran a little stiffer. But by the time the N-64 came around, Nintendo was even then mostly using the d-pad for extra normal button inputs since n-64 and gamecube games ran smoother and required smoother directional responses.

And now even 2-d platformers like Shantae are better played with analog because they aren't stiff as shit
>>
>>383150872
Who has ever cared about intention?
>>
File: 1363719559928.jpg (4KB, 134x118px) Image search: [Google]
1363719559928.jpg
4KB, 134x118px
>>383150982
>Should we fix fundamental flaws in the controller design?
>Naaaahhh we can make it work if we just fuck up our hand a bunch to do it
>>
File: tumblr_static__640_v2.gif (1014KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_static__640_v2.gif
1014KB, 500x281px
>>383149404
Great, thank you
>>
>>383151507
Nice reading comprehension.
>>
>>383150706
now im reminded of that one webm of the dude clawing on the 3ds touchpad
>>
File: 1482430773614.png (266KB, 540x543px) Image search: [Google]
1482430773614.png
266KB, 540x543px
>>383148684
This shit is UNACCEPTABLE. This is the same problem those stupid 8BitDo controllers have. Does no one actually do quality control anymore? Playtesting? I guess not.

You know, I thought I would outright loathe them but after some time with them I really don't mind the D-Buttons on the joycons at all. I love D-Pads (vs sticks) because of the precision they offer, but what could be more precise than individual inputs? Maybe it's the way of the future if people can't be bothered to make a D-Pad that actually works the way it's supposed to. For fuck's sake.
>>
>>383147662
>good weight
>comfortable buttons and sticks
>fits really nicely into your hands
>handles are a more grippy material which is nice if you got sweaty palms
>battery life lasts 40 hours on a single charge
>only real negatives are price and lack of analog triggers but hardly any games use analog triggers nowadays
>>
>>383147662
It's nice to have a modern-feelign controller with digital triggers, if only for PS emulation.
Except the dpad sucks, so...
>>
>Falling for the pro controller meme

Lmao you cucks deserve your wasted 70 dollars. The joycon grip is hella comfy.
>>
>>383147662
idk for the switch pro but I got 2 new Wii U pro controller for dirt cheap and they are almost flawless except for the digital triggers. Also 80 hours of battery life.
>>
>>383153670
I like the joycons a lot, but I might get the pro eventually. I borrowed one at a friend's place and it felt really good to use for mk8. Still, I have to get 8 differently colored joycons before anything else.
>>
If there's any goodness left in the world, Nintendo will patch in Wii controller support for basic shit like Mario Kart at least
>>
>>383147662
Got one in order to play local multiplayer with friends, it's meh.
The D-Pad is shit, they tried to put what's used for a stick on a D-Pad but with too much sensibility.
Sticks and buttons are OK but Dog controller have better ones
Triggers are better though.
How the fuck they can't make something at least as good as the classic pro controller for the wii ?
Also, it is clearly overpriced when the DS4 is clearly better on everything (and has a jack port as a bonus)
>>
>>383154642
>Also, it is clearly overpriced when the DS4 is clearly better on everything
the DS4 is not nearly as good as the Pro controller. its not even as good as the DS3.
the battery life is hardly 4 hours, the buttons feel like they have stickers on them for the shapes and overall have a very cheap plastic-y feel, the analog stick shape does not grip nearly as well as literally other controller from this gen or previous gen and the touchpad is not only completely useless (the most use it gets in games is usually just as an extra button or two) it also pushes the option and share buttons off into awkward positions.
the jack port is a definite plus but that alone doesn't make it a better controller.
>>
>>383150365
>You cannot fucking use 2/3rds of the buttons without taking your hands off the sticks.
So design games that don't demand 24/7 stick control or LITERALLY git gud and move faster and play well under sub-optimal camera conditions sometimes.
>>
Switch Pro is incredible but...

>Playing Zelda
>Want to swap weapons
>End up in the Sheikah Slate ability menu instead
Or even worse
>Gliding and at minimal stamina
>Decide to take a slo-mo shot
>WHOOPS! WRONG ARROWS/BOW
>End up in Sheikah Slate menu because much D-Pad
>Lose a fraction of time and stamina each time I attempt to open the right menu

Luckily, I have a Pokken Pro Controller and they allegedly work with any Switch game a Pro Controller would. So I have something for eventual virtual console stuff and whatnot.
>>
>>383155521
>its not even as good as the DS3
Tell that to my DS3 controller that feels fucking loose thanks to project diva, buttons and D-pad on the DS4 feels way more solid, it reminds me of the vita but bigger.
I don't have your problem with the analog stick but I guess that everyone has different thumbs.
Kinda agree with the touchpad but at least it allows me to be lazy when I play on PC
>>
>>383147662
The Joycon grip, in all honesty, feels terrible. I dislike how shallow the analog sticks are on the Joycons, and the overall ergonomics are just good but not great. On the other hand, the pro controller literally melts in your hands. The buttons are meaty, and the analog sticks feel amazing. Expensive? Yes, absolutely. Worth it? If you are like me and you want a traditional controller when you're not in handheld mode, without a doubt
>>
>>383156881
For the most part, I pretty much never want to go back to traditional controls. I adore the controller being split into two parts.
>>
>>383157607
I was playing Mario Kart the other night with both my arms up on the back of the couch. It felt like mind control, shit was so cash
>>
>>383157717
If they could make it feel more natural with gyro it'd be literally perfect
>>
>No analog shoulder buttons
Not paying $80 for something that doesn't even include industry standard features. It's like buying a controller that lacks a face button or analog stick. Fuck you.
>>
On a another note can Nintendo sell what ever battery technology they use in pro and joycons to Sony. No fucking excuse my dual shock controller die so fucking fast.

The dual shock controllers has such shit battery life no reason for a controller that has less shit going on besides a fucking light that does nothing.
>>
>>383160043
Do you play lots of racing games?
>>
>>383161475
Yeah, but it doesn't matter. Not having a feature like that is detrimental. Like I said, just like excluding an analog stick and having two d-pads.
>>
>>383161578
Only games with a lot of driving benefit from analog triggers.
>>
File: 1287583628726.jpg (75KB, 640x475px) Image search: [Google]
1287583628726.jpg
75KB, 640x475px
Anyone know of a good cheap controller for pc?
Ye olde 360 wired died on me this week, looking for a replacement.
>>
>>383161630
Yes, and? How is this an argument? Include analog triggers so it benefits those games then. Like everyone else. You already have two digital shoulder buttons.
>>
>>383161857
Analog triggers are a detriment to anything that doesn't absolutely require them.
>>
>>383147662
It's comfy to use. I use it on my Switch and my Laptop.
>>
N drones love buying overpriced plastic crap
>>
>>383148091

>overpriced

It's only $10 more than standard controllers, which is because it has gyro and HD Rumble built in
>>
>>383162038

599 US dollars

399 US dollars

People actually bought PS move

And PS VR for 399 US dollars
>>
File: pokken controller.jpg (67KB, 800x606px) Image search: [Google]
pokken controller.jpg
67KB, 800x606px
If you're trying to play Street Fighter or KoF, or even Bomberman or Mario Kart on the Switch then pic related is your best option. Amazing D-Pad, nice clicky buttons, and cheap as fuck.
>>
>>383161950
So, use the digital ones.
>>
>>383162825
>Street Fighter or KoF, or even Bomberman
Yes
>or Mario Kart
No, analogue input is important for precise turning/drifting.
>>
>>383162616
PS Move is great. I still keep mine hooked up for Time Crisis.

Resistance 3 worked amazing with the Move as well. I'm surprised we don't have a Resistance/Killzone repackage on PS4 yet.
>>
>>383148507
wow, you literally have no life
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.