[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy 15

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: FinalFantasyXVDSS.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FinalFantasyXVDSS.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px
Final Fantasy XV was my first Final Fantasy game, but even I could tell this game didn't reach it's full potential. For every part of the game that was done right, they shit the bed in others.
>Story is a fucking mess
>Combat lacks depth for the amount of weapons there are and skills don't dramatically change how you play.
>Exploration was very limited on release which is terrible for an Open world game
>Best part of the game was the first half, but story and gameplay hit a sharp decline once the game becomes linear as hell.

Is it possible for Square to learn from these mistakes and use XV as foundation to build upon and make better games in the future?
>>
Not until they completely remove whoever thought up this game and whoever influenced them
>>
>>383142723
>Is it possible for Square to learn from these mistakes
yeah, they can stop making games
>>
File: 1499346435161.jpg (187KB, 1024x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1499346435161.jpg
187KB, 1024x1004px
>>383142723
Also piss easy. FF12 was the last good Final fantasy, Vaan is shit.
>>
>>383142723
>Story is a fucking mess
No it wasn't. Everything made sense and everything went resolved in the end
>Combat lacks depth for the amount of weapons there are and skills don't dramatically change how you play.
No game completely changes how you play a game. And the battle system was perfectly fine. Furthermore the more skills you get the more airstepping, link strikes, blindside strikes and warp strikes you do. So that actually counters your point that the game doesn't change as you play further.
>Exploration was very limited on release which is terrible for an Open world game
Stupid, you can visit basically all of hammerheads area when you start. The bigger problem is that there isn't little things you can Do.
>Best part of the game was the first half, but story and gameplay hit a sharp decline once the game becomes linear as hell.
What? The game even tells you what happens, and seriously? The story takes a dive? The 2nd half is 90% of the story and that's where it picks up instead of going to hunt for swords.
>>
Is the game worth 30 bucks/45 with the DLCs included? I played the demo with the cute summon and shota Noct and liked it.
>>
Is FF XV that bad ?

Is the combat just hold 'O' to kill enemies ?

How's the story, dlc and music ?

Lastly, can you play as the Dragoon girl ?
>>
>>383143920
It's really as bad as people say it is, sadly
>>
>>383143814
XV-kun is here. Riddle me this. Why is the second half of the game so linear? Why is there only one real city in this vast open world game? Why does this game not have real game over upon 0HP instead of Dyinflg state?
>>
>>383144435
Yes
Not literally but yes
Shit, Shit, Ok
No
>>
>>383144435
OP here
>Not that bad could've been a whole lot better tho.
>Pretty much if they had just ripped the combat from KH it would have been better
>Important shit happens of screen alot, heard the DLC is getting better, and music is the only thing that wasn't fucked
>No
>>
>>383144435
No, no, yes, no.
>>
>>383144521
>XV-kun is here. Riddle me this. Why is the second half of the game so linear?
Because that's what the story wants? What stupid question is this?
>Why is there only one real city in this vast open world game?
Because it's supposed to reflect the American landscape. Go take a road trip in the US. It's filled with little pitstops and only a few huge cities. Holy shit you're dense.
>Why does this game not have real game over upon 0HP instead of Dyinflg state?
It does. Go get hit when you're hp is at dying state. And it's also called casualizing the game. And these are honestly very stupid complaints and questions.

Go complain about watching ignis drive. Go complain that there's not enough camping, go complain about doing only one hunt at a time. Those are actual problems. Yours complaints are idiotic complaints that are easily answered and remedied.
>>
>>383143814

Here we go.
>>
>>383145401
>Go take a road trip in the US. It's filled with little pitstops and only a few huge cities
You have never been to the US
>>
>>383144842
>>Pretty much if they had just ripped the combat from KH it would have been better
No it wouldn't. KH combat is simplistic and just involves rolling around and waiting for the boss to get "tired" or do some long ass animation so you can attack
>>
>>383145513
I live in the US southwest. And it's exactly what I see. You east coast fuck. Oh sure its a tiny bigger than just a motel and cafe, but it generally looks like that.
>>
>>383145506
Let me be /v/ core and praise xii and ix when xii is absolute garbage of a game and ix is okay.
>>
>>383145758
>this entire post
kek
>>
>>383145612
>involves rolling around and waiting for the boss to get "tired" or do some long ass animation so you can attack
Nah that still sounds better than XV. In 15 just hold square if you want instantly dodge/block enemy attacks without repercussions. Also just hold circle and and attack not like any enemy can actually kill you with how easy it is to revive and heal yourself.
>>
>>383144435
>Is FF XV that bad ?
No, but is still mediocre compared to the PSX ones.
>Is the combat just hold 'O' to kill enemies ?
That's by far the last of its problems; it's chaotic, unresponsive and the dodging is unusable.
>How's the story, dlc and music ?
Story is possibly the worst in the series because of how short and incomplete it is.
The battle themes are absolute masterpieces, but the other ones are dog shit.
Don't know about dlcs.
>Lastly, can you play as the Dragoon girl ?
No, at best she's a guest character sometimes.
>>
>>383143814
>No it wasn't. Everything made sense and everything went resolved in the end
Sure, if you completely ignore the fact that entire segments of the story were completely cut out. The fact that they felt they needed to add story/cutscenes in updates to properly explain shit post-release proves it.
>And the battle system was perfectly fine.
It did its job. I wouldn't use the word 'perfect' to describe any of it.
>The 2nd half is 90% of the story and that's where it picks up instead of going to hunt for swords.
No, that's where the story entirely shits itself.
The empire goes from the main threat to defeated unceremoniously off screen. We have to babysit Ignis for reasons that aren't properly explained because they want you to buy the fucking DLC. And what little coherent story is there is so rushed and slapped in that, while you could make the argument that it 'makes sense', it gives most people absolutely no reason to give a shit about any of it.

The only character to get an actual coherent and halfway decent story arc is fucking Aranea; a side, guest character.
>>
>>383146125
This contradicts this
>>383146571

Who's telling the truth?
>>
>>383146628
>The empire goes from the main threat to defeated unceremoniously off screen.
The twist! And you saw the empire get fucked by leviathan.
>>
>>383146628
Cut content has always been a problem look at FFXII. Good thing a lot of these updates are free. I will say though, chapter13 with gladio and ignis was needed. And please do you really need to see ignis get his eyes burned out on screen to wrap what happened
>>
>>383147716
The difference in most cases is though that we don't really know what was cut or changed/ never saw it. But in XVs case we saw so much stuff over the years that was changed or cut etc. that it's way more obvious than other titles. And they don't really stop throwing it into your face even now
>>
Threadly reminder XV kun has argued, completely unironically, that Abrahamic God couldn't kill Ardyn.
>>
>>383147976
He just takes everything way too seriously and doesn't know what jokes or irony is. This can't be healthy for the guy
>>
>>383146798
It's true that you just have to hold square to avoid getting hit, but you can't win by just dodging. You have to attack sometimes, and to do so you have to know when it's time to attack and when it's time to dodge.
Unfortunately, 95% of the enemies are so unpredictable that is nearly impossible to know when to dodge; trying to do so will only get you killed because dodging doesn't even cancel the attacking animations, rendering the square button practically useless. Ironically, the despised QTEs are the only saving grace, because those are the only moments when you can actually react to the enemies' actions.
In those rare cases when the enemies' movements are predictable to a certain extent even without QTEs, the combat instantly becomes 3 times better.
>>
>>383147976
>xv-kun makes shit up or misunderstands information, convinces himself it's the the truth, and then yells at everyone else that what he is saying is a confirmed fact
>if you don't agree with his bullshit, then you are samefagging, shitposting, resetting your ip, or [insert boogeyman here]
Every fucking time
>>
File: 1481837707012.jpg (26KB, 599x399px) Image search: [Google]
1481837707012.jpg
26KB, 599x399px
Reminder that we finally have dev acknowledgement that they didn't get to do everything they wanted to do by the time the game launched.

Q: Too bad that the latter half of the game is so rushing. And I felt that the story or setting weren’t well explained, and we have to gather information from other places (or universe) to understand what’s going on. Those who love to swing by some places could enjoy the game, but I would hesitate to recommend this game for people who just enjoy the story.

A: (There were lots of off the record tips, but points are) We know people point out these things, and as the dev team we take this seriously even before the release date. This has been the biggest issue for the team. There are lots of things that we couldn’t put into the game even though we wanted to.
It would have been better if we could put these things in the main story, but there were only so much we could do. We will strengthen the parts that have been left out via updates and DLCs, and we would appreciate it if you could play along for long. However, it takes time and money to develop, and we put priority on the things with strong demand.

>https://twitter.com/hart_hakaishin/status/881517462763601920
>https://twitter.com/hart_hakaishin/status/881518335464153089
>https://twitter.com/hart_hakaishin/status/881519377064931328
>>
>>383148286
They should've just put it on hold or cancelled it back in 2011. I know it sold well, but still. They'll still have almost a whole division working on it 3-4 years later
>>
>>383148286
To no one's surprise except you know who's, the game is rushed and unfinished
>>383148412
It should've been canned. The game was already put on hold for 3+ years waiting for the engine + FFXIII to be finished
>>
>>383142723
>Final Fantasy XV was my first Final Fantasy game
>Combat lacks depth

maybe outside XII and VI, FF games never had particular RPG gameplay depth. What do you guys think ?
>>
I just started replaying XV a few days ago; thoughts.

- When I'm driving through Lucis with the FFIX ost playing I fall in love with the game a little bit.

- travelling around the a FF world with your friends fighting monsters is what makes the game great, why they decided to ditch what made the game great for linearity that makes XIII seem like Skyrim is beyond me.

- If you're gonna make the Leviathan fight impossible to lose don't make it 10 minutes long.

- It's a shame every single sidequest ultimately boils down to finding mobs in the field, only deadeye is unique.

- Battle system is easily mastered and can be very RE6/lost planet-esque with getting locked into animations. Also impossible to die (crashing the flying car gave me my one and only game over.)

- First half of the games story works, second half is quite frankly inexplicable. To put important story elements behind paid dlc is a gaming cardinal sin that cannot be forgiven.

Kingsglaive...Why? Start Noctis off in Insomnia with epic opener...or not.

-Lunafreya, who cares? Ravus, who cares? Why are we given pointless cutscenes of them yet have to wait till decemeber to find out how Ignis (someone we do care about) went blind?
-world of ruin lasts for half an hour...sigh...

I'm enjoying it but now I appreciate it for what it is rather than judging it for what it isn't. For me it is the worst Modern FF.
>>
File: 1499408108903.jpg (62KB, 542x540px) Image search: [Google]
1499408108903.jpg
62KB, 542x540px
>>383146026

It's purely subjective. I think IX sucks while XII is better.
>>
>>383146026
>Let me be /v/ core and praise xii and ix when xii

>XII
people overreacted when it first came out and now they apologize.
>IX
a nice game but it's way too slow and boring praised by the neckest of beards.
>>
>>383148762
FF has always had fairly decent to good depth (except for maybe IX and definitely XV), the problem is since V or so Square's been too afraid of babies not being able to finish the games, so you never have to make use of it.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.